JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Wakakusa Dance feat. S Sasaki (Rhymester)

Author Topic: Your Majors/Plans for the future  (Read 1985 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Your Majors/Plans for the future
« on: March 02, 2006, 07:25:32 AM »
We were talking about school and stuff in IRC and thought I'd make a thread about it.

What do you plan on doing with your life? What's your major? if you're not in college yet, what do you intend to take? For those people not in college, what do you plan on doing? and for the people that are already doing what they planned on doing, what is it and how did you get there?

Those are just a few of the questions you could answer. I thought this would be a good idea, to get some perspective on life.

Anyways about me...

I'm a college student, I originally thought I'd go into computer engineering, but I feel it's not really for me. I'm always looking at other options but I only ever see myself going into some kind of engineering, even when I took those tests that tell you good majors and careers for you, they always lead back to some kind of engineering. But I don't feel like it's for me...

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 07:41:34 AM »
well since this is my last year of University, after my graduation I will look for a job that is related to my field. I study Zoology and Animal Physiology so I'm looking forward for a veterinarian assistant, research or some job in Ocean Park.
:D

If it's about my personal life, I would want to tell the girl that I like "I like you".  :lol:
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 09:16:20 AM »
I'm planning to become a teacher, and get a Master of Arts in Education. the university I'm going to has a great 5 year program for it, so I decided to go there.

I really want to teach younger kids, around Grade 2-3 (7 to 8 years old). but, I'm still undecided whether I want to teach them just generally or teach English as a second language in Japan to kids that age.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 12:06:11 PM »
Quote from: everfree
God I hate the grade school kids in my school, their rich ignorant spoiled brats, meh dont teach kids, teach teens haha.

actually, the reason why I want to teach much younger kids is because they're still at that stage where they find learning fun and don't see school as a form of "punishment" (like some teens do, haha).

that's generally speaking, not all kids are like that, of course. spoiled children are a different case, it's not like they all don't want to learn, some just think they can put learning off to do other things to satisfy their needs first.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 12:07:25 PM »
PALINDROME, BABY!

I'm currently doing computer engineering in polytechnic, so I imagine I'll probably do that if I ever get into a uni. Of course, what I really want to do is audio engineering, so I'll have a look at what I can do before I pick a course to do. After army, get a degree of said course from said university, then start working.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 01:02:24 PM »
I'm currently studying Information Processing Science. I really don't have a hurry to graduate, but I guess start worrying about it after my student allowance is gonna end. After getting my Master's degree I have to get a job. What kind of job, I don't have a clue.
coot is ctz

Offline M9andG27

• Brownie Chef
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 01:21:33 PM »
Wow, you guys are all aiming really high!...
     What I really want to do is open up my own lawn care/maintenance company; I want to be outside and do real work! But, I'm sure that wont happen. I just got a teaching certificate and soon I will begin teaching English in Asia... To kids :(

Over 200,000 guitar, bass and guitar pro tabs.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 01:23:58 PM »
Teaching English to kids is definitely better than teaching English to like teens. At least they won't know it when you curse them :lol:

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 02:16:16 PM »
There was a time when I wanted to become high school history teacher. Elementary school history is boring and teen pupils are too annoying. High school is the best.
coot is ctz

Offline Tian_Yuan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • W~Matsui~
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 04:20:53 PM »
well, i just graduated from university a couple months ago *DECEMBER bABY!*
so currently I am studying for the FSO exam, which is my dream job  :oops:
After the exam, I plan to get a temp job as I await my results (the process takes over  a year  :x  )

If I don't get it, there are various other career options, I just don't want to think about them now  :roll:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 05:30:54 PM »
what do you plan on doing with your life? What's your major?

I've already got a B.A. in Classics. Now I'm working my way through law  school.

I'll graduate in 2007 and spend my first year out articling in London and paying off student loans.

I should also be able to put enough money aside to travel a bit and hopefully take a certan someone on a nice vacation to Paris or Japan. Maybe get married by 2008/9 and hopeful have a family by 2010.

After I have my debts paid for and some experience from private practice, I wouldn't mind spending a couple years at either Oxford or Cambridge to get my Ph. D. so I can be a prof and be able have 4 months of the year to spend someplace else.

Offline DeRusto

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 10:49:32 PM »
Umm. I have 3 years of Computer Science under my belt and I'm starting a Linguistics major now! :o

Hopefully 1 or 2 years from now I will finish with that and enlist in the Navy as a CTI, spend a year learning languages there before they ship me off on some type of watercraft XD

Should be fun o_O

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 11:32:23 PM »
I will be pimping the Morning Musume in 2010 :jerk:

On a serious note, I chose Teaching as my career and Law as my backup. I will be assigned to get some work experience in the end of June in an International School.

Offline Lunar

• GanbaREINA~ !
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tanakacchi <3
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 07:07:23 PM »
I gonna study Japanese after i finished school :)
I am studying japanese @ school for 5 years now and  after i finished before going on studying i will go to japan for about 1 year  <- so happy bout that :D
I think this will be great ;D

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Wakakusa Dance feat. S Sasaki (Rhymester)