JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Furimukanaide

Author Topic: Michelle Wie  (Read 31191 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Michelle Wie
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2010, 09:59:47 PM »
Hey where's all her stalkers?

WINNIPEG, Manitoba -- Michelle Wie remains in the lead at the CN Canadian Women's Open after shooting a 3-under 69 in the second round.

She is at 10-under overall Friday after opening the tournament with a round of 65 that included a hole-in-one. Wie's only career victory came last November at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational.

Jiyai Shin is second at 7 under. Morgan Pressel shot a 66 and is tied for third with defending champion Suzann Pettersen at 6 under.

Jee Young Lee and Na Yeon Choi are five strokes back. Sarah Jane Smith and Karin Sjodin are six strokes off the pace.

Tried dude, but there was already shitloads of fans there. :lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2010, 06:48:40 AM »
:lol: DAMN! least the weather was nice :drool:

well u can follow her on twitter too: http://twitter.com/themichellewie

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2010, 04:00:04 AM »
:lol: DAMN! least the weather was nice :drool:
Not for the last day of the tourney, it wasn't. :lol:

Michelle Wie wins LPGA's CN Canadian Women's Open by three strokes
By: Judy Owen, The Canadian Press
Posted: 29/08/2010 2:34 PM | Last Modified: 30/08/2010 3:54 AM

WINNIPEG - Rain wasn't the reason Michelle Wie was drenched after winning her second career victory at the CN Canadian Women's Open on Sunday.

After the 20-year-old Hawaiian shot a 2-under-par 70 for a three-stroke victory, her long-time friend and fellow American player Christina Kim sprayed her with champagne on the 18th green.

"I was trying to run away from her," Wie said with a laugh.

"All I was thinking in my mind was I'm wearing white pants, please be nice Tina."

Wie was 12-under 276 for the tournament and earned US$337,500 from the $2.25-million event, the only LPGA Tour stop in Canada

Her first career win was last November at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational during her rookie season.

Wie led wire-to-wire at the Open, including an opening-round 65 featuring the second hole-in-one of her pro career.

Heading into the final round, which saw dark clouds roll in with a few brief rain drops late in the day, Wie shared the top of the leaderboard with Jiyai Shin of South Korea at 10-under.

Shin shot a 1-over 73 and tied for second with Kristy McPherson of South Carolina (66), defending champion Suzann Pettersen of Norway (69) and Jee Lee Young from South Korea (69).

The four each took home a cheque for $142,248.

In-Kyung Kim of South Korea (69) was sixth while Morgan Pressel of the U.S. (69) was seventh.

Ranked No. 12 on the World Rolex Rankings, Wie had five birdies, including on the 13, 14 and 15th holes.

"I made a lot of crucial putts today," said Wie, who at 10-years-old was the youngest player to qualify for the U.S. Amateur Championship.

That wasn't the same story for Shin, who's ranked No. 4 in the world.

"My shot was really good, but my putting was so bad," said Shin, 22, who has four victories since joining the tour last season and seven overall.

"I (had) lots of chances for birdies, but I couldn't make it just a couple times."

Lorie Kane of Charlottetown was the low Canadian of the three Canucks in the 73-player field.

The 15-year veteran surged up the leaderboard with a 5-under 67 to end the day tied for 11th — her best finish since a tie for fourth in 2007.

Adrienne White of Red Deer, Alta., bogeyed three of her last five holes for a 73 that tied her for 54th, while Montreal's Lisa Meldrum was 4-over 76 and finished tied for 60th.

"The last couple of years haven't been my best," said Kane, 45, who got a standing ovation from the fans in the 18th green's grandstand.

"Like I said, I'm rounding the corner (in my game). To know that (the fans) are behind me, it's fun to have that support."

Kane's approach shot to the 17th green rolled up against the grandstand, but she still managed a bogey.

As for taking home a cheque for $38,707, Kane said that was the icing on the cake.

"It's never been about the money and it never will be about the money," said Kane, who's made six cuts in nine events this season and has career earnings of more than $6.7 million.

"I'm a professional golfer and I want to shoot low numbers. The real Lorie Kane needs to have weekends like this all the time."

White won $6,484 and Meldrum $5,404.

McPherson's 66 was the low score of the day.

"That's the best I've hit the ball all year," said the four-year tour member, whose best finish this season was a tie for 10th in early July at the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic.

"It's tough to complain about 69 (Saturday) and 66."

Defending champion Pettersen said she had her chances.

"I'm trying, that's all I can do," said the No. 3 player in the world.

"Even when I don't feel that comfortable with my game, I'm still competitive. I'm looking forward to a week off."

The LPGA Tour's next event is Sept. 10-12 in Arkansas.

Wie said she's heading back to school at Stanford University after that tourney.

Ai Miyazato of Japan was the No. 1-ranked player heading into the Open and finished tied for 15th, while No. 2 Cristie Kerr of Florida tied for 8th.

Notes – Attendance for the four-day Open was 65,000, just under last year's 67,500 in Calgary . . . Next year's Open will be in Montreal and then Vancouver in 2012.
ORIGINAL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/golf/wie-takes-lead-over-shin-midway-through-final-round-of-canadian-womens-open--101757628.html

Video from the Winnipeg Free Press website (just click the link if the video doesn't embed for you):
Wie wins in Winnipeg

PICS:

Slideshow of these and several other pics featuring Wie and several other LPGA members at the event:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/multimedia/?slideshow=101589168#slideshows

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2010, 04:47:44 AM »
^ OMGASS. the caddy got everyone fantasies served right there (prolly her own too XD)

OH SNAP.

Thimmy be going to town with these:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2010, 08:48:12 AM »
Of course she pimps  for KIA

Offline yoonyulsicfany

• ecchi
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2011, 07:59:31 AM »
haha..the only female golfer i knew

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 03:05:47 AM »
^ srsly? Korea has so many champs. :doh:

2013 CN Canadian Women's Open in Edmonton - Thurs. August 22-23, lol she missed the cut with  2 THEN I MISSE HER TOO. Fuckin in Calgary all week. :tama-mad: WIE GONNA GET EM NEXT YEAR!!

Look at DAT STANCE

WIE IS FOR THE CHILDREN!! part of the CN Miracle Match http://cnmiraclematch.ca for children's hospital via http://instagram.com/themichellewie

At least she enjoyed Edmonton :P

peep her Golf bag by Kia!! she get around. https://twitter.com/themichellewie/status/372922788215934977

Endorsed all over!! Nike sponsored so she won't take off her cap lol

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Furimukanaide