JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba

Author Topic: (Group) The Ark (디아크)  (Read 16785 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) The Ark (디아크)
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 03:52:17 PM »

The Ark on Arirang Radio Music Access, good times. The host translates, and Yuna and Jane sometimes speak in English. And also correct whenever the host screws up, haha.

Among other things, it's revealed that Halla is a stage name... and it's rather obvious why she changed it... her real first name is Su-ji (Suzy). :P

There's a live perf of The Light at (14:29) and an acoustic rendition of Mmmbop at (31:13) with Minju on the guitar, same deal as with the street perf.

Gotta say I never thought I'd ever enjoy listening to Mmmbop so much (or at all), especially 20 years after it came out... these girls are magic. :lol:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 12:10:19 AM »

Just about the best. Jane sleeping hard core, Minju's "English" in the car, "serious" posing etc etc, good times. :lol:

Fuck yeah, another GREAT dance cover with Drighk on the camera. They must have covered every EXO single now haha.

Haven't posted in a while so there's a ton of stuff haha... here's The Light's dance practice, complete with alternate ending. :P

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »

They back! Appearance at a showcase of Asia Music Network. Yujin has some trouble with her vocal cord nodules so she wasn't present.

Gotta say I love what the stylists did this time around, especially the fact that they didn't make Jane look as awkward as possible. :P

First Minju performed Goodbye Rain with male dancers, then they did the swag swag dance, intro babble, an acoustic performance of Pharrell's "Happy" and finally The Light.

Their intro was all sorts of dorky with Halla speaking Chinese, Minju speaking Japanese and naturally a lot of English from Jane & Yuna. What takes the dork-cake is this, tho:

They actually formed a boat. On stage. The Ark. Get it? While describing themselves as parts of it (Jane the engine, Halla the sail etc...). Dork was off the charts. :lol:

My favorite part (along with The Boat) was the perf of Happy, which you can see rehearsed here.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 12:40:08 PM »

So this is the generic drivel that The Ark died for... salty as fuck to be honest. :lol:  Jane and Halla Suji looking cute tho.

This whole thing is sad (mostly) but I guess it's good to see the girls doing something, at least.

--

Oh, and Yuna Euna now has an instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/euna102794/

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba