JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Karabinka

Author Topic: The random idol festival thread  (Read 38798 times)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
Re: The random idol festival thread
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 08:59:09 AM »
Timetable for Akasaka Halloween is up!

hy4_4yh is up early but Upga is earlier than last year. Kind of surprised that drop is that late in the lineup but, they're pretty popular and their songs have been getting better. Looks like a nice-sized block of high-energy groups in the middle and PASSPO and lyrical school bookending it. Somehow, I have managed to not see Starmarie despite how often they perform but am in no rush to do so either.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 10:32:04 PM »
this time table is so... strange.  :nervous but hey, it`s nice that Hime Kyun is not the first group as I was fearing. and Lyrical will be the one closing it, despite 'bigger fishes' around. oh and of course, this means I only need to arrive a little before 16:00.  :P

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 01:04:44 AM »
Was going to go a little early to see if I would make a rare PASSPO nama shashin purchase because of the Halloween photos but, it seems they're not on sale today? Weird. Maybe I read things wrong. At least, there's time to rest and possibly run to the goods tables and back when the comedians come on.

It's just too bad that no one that interests me too much is going to be in the lobby when hy4_4yh is on. They're not particularly terrible but, I don't get what the big deal is either.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 07:47:17 AM »
As far as I understood, those photo sets were only for sale at some fan club event?
Anyway, I kind of appreciate hy4_4yh, as I have seen them before Bellring Girls Heart at TIF. At least it is something different and widens the scope of idol music.
Anyone else performing that day, you want to meet in the lobby? ;)

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »
akasaka halloween was superb as expected. had priceless interactions with lyrical school and hime kyun, nyansan for the fucking first time ever waved to me during the concert (a friend told me it's probably because she didn't recognize me with the mask, otherwise she wouldn't give a shit to me as usual "pfff that idiot again? when he'll stop following me?" =P ) and I almost caught some signed balls. almost.  :cry:

MVP of the night goes to charge-san (from up up girls). she put a candy in her breasts and threw it later to the audience. I'd kill an army to have that  :fap

----------------------------------------
oh let me actualize the list of incoming festivals:

-november 6-8 Moshi Moshi Nippon Festival
-november 7 Live Plus
-november 8 Girl-Pop Japan
-november 8 Akiba Idol Festival vol.14
-november 14 Live Plus
-november 15 Uchuu X Nihon X Akihabara vol.9
-november 22 @Jam the Field vol.8 (probably the best one, sucks I'll have to work that day...)

I find strange that still not a single big festival announced to the end of the year
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:42:52 PM by tsutomo »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 12:02:05 AM »
So the goods and tokuten were outside in portable buildings outside which makes more sense. PASSPO ran past me before the event started for their photo session. Too bad that's probably the last that anyone not in their fan club would see of those outfits since some of them were pretty awesome (Aipon as Captain America, Yukki as Black Widow, Anya as Thor, Naomi as Hawkeye) but others not so much. Still, if they ever decided to do a Halloween live, that would be great. Maybe they'll be some left over?

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 12:36:25 AM »
Not a festival as such but I'm pissed that tickets for the Billie Idle event was instantly sold out I really wanted to go to that :(

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2015, 12:59:07 PM »
Idol Koushien has now established a Premium version of shows. Anyone know what it means exactly?
http://idolkoushien.com/schedule/premium/

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 08:39:34 AM »
Went to Moshi Moshi Nippon in Tokyo yesterday. Annoyed that I missed Upga and Nijicon and BPM 15Q because I was late and almost half of the opening at the main stage was shamisen/shakuhachi instead of Dempagumi right away. Had I known, I probably would have skipped the "cool Japan" part and been able to see them all.

Aside from some idiots throwing cyalumes and other stuff not allowed (that were probably at Banmon Fes too because they wear matching shirts!), it was not bad. Might go back to see KPP just because I've never seen her before...

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »
apparently it`s just a way to differentiate their main events from the smaller/preliminary ones. like, you should expect to see bigger names participating in the "premium" events and obscure groups in the rest. 

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »
Competition through festivals seems to be much less than it was last year. I already mentioned the decline of Idol Koushien dates in Tokyo area. It was unimageable that an idol festival mid-week would be sold out. But now the Koushien scheduled to be held on Decembre 30 was not only getting sold out in the pre-order phase, but even for common sale the tickets were sold out in just a few hours.
It is really kind of a shock for me as I wanted to attend the show for featuring many of the groups I like. On another note it seems idols expand their shows more extensively in Aichi/Kansai area, with lots of groups helding shows in Osaka, Nagoya etc.

(This is just an observation from an oversea fan. So please don't put me down, if I happened to be wrong ;) )

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2015, 02:06:34 PM »
I blame BiSH for it selling out, also if the pre-order/lottery sells out it's a sure sign that the concert will sell out quickly in the public sale.

And yeah this weekend a lot of groups have been in Osaka but there is a big festival tomorrow http://akibaidolfestival.com/12-13%E9%96%8B%E5%82%ACaif_vol15%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A0%E3%83%86%E3%83%BC%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB  (well big in the number of groups, it isn't exactly the most famous groups around) I might go and just stay at one stage since I only know groups from that stage anyway (I like DISDOL, Hauptharmonie and Bashful Pony).

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2015, 02:42:23 PM »
BiSH is there? I only had eyes for my fave group :roll:
But this means stupid fans in masses, as PassCode will be there too... :smhid

Anyway if that is the reason, what is so different about BiSH, that fans need to desperately go there in such amount?

The Osaka festival really has a lot of small groups. Only Chubbiness is larger (realized the pun?  :lol: ).
I can recommend Seishun Gakuen. The lives are much fun.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
I should be pissed on missing the ticket to this Idol Koushien, since several acts I like will be there too but...

given the inevitable presence of trash wotas, since some groups will be there, I guess I can consider myself lucky on escaping from the shithole that Blaze will turn into.  :roll:

anyways your point is valid, wattstax. and it kinda explains why Koushien sold out. not so many options around this year. wotas wouldn't be so concentrated around one or two festivals.

edit: around that time, two days earlier (28th) there will be an interesting medium sized festival called Idol Daikanshasai 2015 at Tsutaya O-East, with Chu-Z, Houkago Princess, Level7, Akishibu Project, Elfloat, Festive and others.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:12:18 PM by tsutomo »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2015, 03:26:12 AM »
BiSH, PassCode, JuJu, Festive, BellHa, Kamiyado...it will be overrun! Feel bad for the groups with actual decent human beings who like them and don't just go to be jackasses. Doesn't help that BLAZE is probably too small for that kind of event.

Link for Idol Dai-Kanshasai (12/28)

http://girlsbomb.com/2015.12.28.html

Less possibility for trash wota based on the lineup but it is cheap.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2015, 03:33:08 AM »
^ I would rather go to a festival with groups that I really like and deal with the idiots than going to that other thing mainly consisting of groups that play every day anyway.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2015, 10:12:33 AM »
Seeing this idiotic behaviour from a far is still quite amusing to me. But it disables regular fans to enjoy the performance and makes it impossible to stay near the stage for fear of becoming a colletoral damage.

The other event seems decent. Been long since I saw Stella Beats and Ready to Kiss. Jelno is the new AJ group of Kotoka? And of course Chu-Z - always worth a trip. But in general I can't stand watching dozen of unknown groups anymore so I prefer the Koushien Line-Up.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2015, 10:24:48 PM »
one more big festival appears: Idol Content Expo at january 4th, at Tsutaya O-East. with Afilia Saga, Lovely Doll, Houkago Princess, You Kikkawa, Chu-Z, Festive, Petit Pas!, Callme, Akishibu Project, FYT, Luce Twinkle Wink and more.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2015, 12:12:32 AM »
Too bad I'm going home on the 4'th :/

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2015, 10:29:24 AM »
another big festival to look for: january 11th (a monday, but holiday in Japan. though I'll have to work that day  :cry: ) at Shin Kiba Studio Coast. Girls Bomb festival with a shitload of groups. pretty much all the smaller groups of Kanto area will attend it. most notable names will be Kamen Joshi, Chu-Z, Idol College and Drop. this will be a very special day since it will mark the return of Tsuki to Taiyou.  :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Karabinka