JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms

Author Topic: [News] Meimi Tamura to graduate from Angerme & Hello! Project in Spring 2016  (Read 7158 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:06:28 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Meimei D:

She has talent for more so in that way it makes sense and I wish her luck, but damnit her voice is one of the best in H!P right now, imo! She's such a sweetie too. T_T

And so cute! T_T

Going to miss her! And ack, time has certainly gone by when the first ones of certain gens start to leave (MM 9th gen, S/mileage 2nd gen)...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Meimei~~~ T^T

Well.... She is an amazing stage actress.. I know she'll go far... ;_;
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
This is quite saddening news.  I'm quite fond of Meimei :(

Oh well I hope she does well in her future :hip smile:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
It's been a few hours, so now sites have been able to make posts about it:

Tamura Meimi to graduate from ANGERME & Hello! Project
December 20, 2015 by H!NS

Tamura Meimi has announced her graduation from ANGERME & Hello! Project.

UP-FRONT LINK has a translated announcement about her graduation.

To everyone who support us

I, Meimi Tamura, will graduate from ANGERME and Hello! Project during 2016 spring.

I have been a Hello! Project idol for 4 years and a half, since I became S/mileage. This year, I have been able to do this hall tour, and perform successfully 2 times as 9 members at the Nippon Budokan. Fukuda Kanon-san also gratuated and we have welcomed a new member so this year was really full.

With all of this, I want to follow my own challenge! This feeling became little by little stronger. And during ANGERME’s activities, many people told me they like when I sing, and every time I heard those words, I thought about always singing.

Then, about one of my other dreams… I would like to be a musical actress. After this nice dream realized of becoming a S/mileage member, I would like to have a new start and fulfill this new dream.

I am anxious about some points, but I made this decision thanks to all the fans.

S/mileage grew up as ANGERME. As ANGERME’s member, I have been proud that I performed as a Hello! Project idol.

I will cherish the remaining time I have as an ANGERME’s member and I will continue to try my best harder than ever!

Please continue to support ANGERME, as well as Meimi Tamura!

20th December 2015 ANGERME Meimi Tamura

She will graduate in Spring of 2016. Exact details as to when and where will be announced later. Her goal is to become a musical actress.

Source: UP-FRONT LINK
- https://hellonewsservice.wordpress.com/2015/12/20/tamura-meimi-to-graduate-from-angerme-hello-project/
- https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-announcement-concerning-meimi-tamura/991425097583074

H!O - Tamura Meimi to Graduate in Spring 2016 (includes translated comments from Fukuda Kanon and Katsuta Rina)
- http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=helloapp&CODE=article&topic=2493

TokyoGirlsUpdate.com - ANGERME Meimi Tamura Annnounces to Graduate from the Group in Spring 2016
- http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/angerme-meimi-tamura-graduation-20151270801.html

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
in all seriousness this is the first graduation that has angered me rather than just saddened me.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Tamura Meimi announces graduation from ANGERME & Hello! Project
December 21, 2015

Tamura Meimi has announced her graduation from ANGERME and Hello! Project next spring.

This announcement was made on Hello! Project's official website. Tamara joined S/mileage (currently ANGERME) as its 2nd generation member in 2011. The reason for her graduation is to aim to become a musical actress.

Tamura wrote, "I want to fulfill my other dream of becoming a musical actress. Just like how I fulfilled my dream of joining S/mileage, I want to start from the very beginning and fulfill my next dream." She added, "ANGERME has come a long way from S/mileage. Being proud of my activities as a member of ANGERME and a Hello! Project idol, I will do my best with the time I have left."

Source: natalie
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/169979

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
 :OMG: :err: :on cloudeye: :mon annoy: :pig refuse: :mon wtfmm:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
No, please, no one be angry! >_<"

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Told ya in Kanon's grad thread: even the members themselves think of ANGER ME as the sinking ship of H!P, & the crewmates are having 'abandon ship' on their minds

The closest thing to a surprise this news has is: it's not Wada the oldest that's graduating

I dare to wager at least 2 more Angerme grads will be announce in 2016 & it'd be sooner than later that their member graduation frequency will surpass MM's, maybe even Afilia Saga's
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
Told ya in Kanon's grad thread: even the members themselves think of ANGER ME as the sinking ship of H!P, & the crewmates are having 'abandon ship' on their minds

The closest thing to a surprise this news has is: it's not Wada the oldest that's graduating

I dare to wager at least 2 more Angerme grads will be announce in 2016 & it'd be sooner than later that their member graduation frequency will surpass MM's, maybe even Afilia Saga's

How are they the sinking ship? They've been doing pretty well lately.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
If the Angerme unit is doing pretty well, Kanon & Meimei wanting to call it quits, in such quick succession, don't make a lick of sense.
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
I agree with Ruka Kikuchi san - rather than predicting gloom and doom for all involved, wishing
an amazing and talented young lady much success with her decision is in order.

No doubt it is a surprising grad announcement, Meimi has the talent to take on further performing challenges
within H!P... But as Shirenu san said, Meimi has the talent to strike out as an actress on her own.

Meimi is truly impressive on stage,
Wishing her much success and happiness!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h4y1n

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
I agree with Ruka Kikuchi san - rather than predicting gloom and doom for all involved, wishing
an amazing and talented young lady much success with her decision is in order.

THANK YOU!!! *hugs*

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Maybe it's a sign of changing times in a larger scale some way; the girls are more passionate to do more than one thing in their youth and the confidence to pursue that dream. They're not satisfied with "merely" being an idol, but have more personal work related ambitions. They want to do more than one thing before marriage and kids. This might be a sad change from our perspective, because it results in "losses", but for their sake it's pretty awesome. So that's why we have Rihotan graduating to pursue dancing, Kanyon wanting to become a lyricist, Meimei wanting to do musicals... There have always been reasons for graduations, of course, but these dreams are not only quite specific, but also make sense for their talent. I really think these decisions have a lot more to do with personal life decisions than Angerme being "a sinking ship". Each of these grads also make sense when you look at their ages, with Meimei being close to high school graduation age and Kanyon now being an adult at 20. There's a reason why someone like Sayumi became such a rare legend, but her dedication to Morning Musume likely also had negative effects on her personal life and what she could achieve outside MM related work.

I mean it's still possible that like 6 months after their grad it just turns out that they had a boyfriend or something. But I'd like to believe this is a matter of healthy ambition!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
If the Angerme unit is doing pretty well, Kanon & Meimei wanting to call it quits, in such quick succession, don't make a lick of sense.

Hi! You must be new to this whole H!P/idol thing. (actually I know you're not, but statements like this makes it seem like you are)

Kanon Fukuda left when she did because she had been in H!P for 11 years. She was one of the original Eggs back in 2004 and has spent a good chunk of her formative years in the idol spotlight. Her time has come, simple as that.

Meimi Tamura is leaving because, like Riho Sayashi, she has her sights on something more personally meaningful. Her heart has always been in acting--she was an actress before joining S/mileage--and wants to reach that next level.

In both cases, both Kanon and Meimi perhaps feel accomplished as idols and want to move on to something more substantial outside of the idol bubble. We can't really fault them for wanting to pursue their dreams.

And really, they're leaving Angerme in good hands. Calling it a "sinking ship" does a huge disservice to those carrying the torch. Do you not have much faith in Rikako, or Takechan, or Moe, or any of the remaining girls? Because personally I'm quite excited to see what they're capable of and how they plan to fill the void of those departing.

Trust me, as a Meimi fan I'm just as upset as anyone to see my favorite S/milangerme member leave the group, especially since I never got to see her or them in person (plus if I'm actually angry about anything, I'm mad at myself for not paying more attention to her as much as I thought I should be). But this is Hello! Project. Veterans are always leaving (there's been at least one major grad every year since 2009), and new girls are always coming in. A lot of our current favorites would be either complete nobodies or waffling in obscurity elsewhere had previous stars not moved on and made way. The individuals and moments that drew me in when I first became a fan were long gone by the time I showed up, but I still managed to find value in what was left, and I'm still thankful as ever that I did...and I will continue to do so in 2016, because there's plenty of value to find in what's left right now.

It's funny...there was this Wota in Translation post recently wondering if H!P is doomed now. It reminded me of all the pessimism that flooded the fandom back in 2009-2011, but at least such pessimism had weight to it back then. Doomsaying now just seems outright spiteful in comparison.

I mean it's still possible that like 6 months after their grad it just turns out that they had a boyfriend or something.

Even that kind of situation I can't really get mad about. I mean these girls are only human and need some real love of their own too. :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:44:43 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
As a definite Meimi devotee, the sad part of this is that we won't see her sweetness in Angerme any more;  but for herself, it is happiness that she has both ambition and talent, and hopefully we will get to see her in other future contexts of the J-entertainment world.

Offline Devil10055

Si Sad she graduate  :cry: :(

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms