JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - My Boy

Author Topic: (Band) X Japan  (Read 69273 times)

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

(Band) X Japan
« on: February 22, 2005, 03:23:50 PM »
Only the greatest rock band ever created.

Agreed? :D

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 04:03:46 PM »
Overrated. :D

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
Re: X Japan
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 04:09:37 PM »
Quote from: BizKiTRoAcH
Only the greatest rock band ever created.

Queen, you mean?

I remember my friends trying to shove X in my face back in Jr. High. The only songs I like are Foever Love and Endless Rain live ver.

Offline Xenoman

(Band) X Japan
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 12:13:45 AM »
I will agree with you roach.

Offline Redturtle

• Taro Lover, Strawberry Hater
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 07:17:59 AM »
They're good and I like most of their songs (especially ballads). They are probably the best rock band in Japan, but that's basically it.

Offline halcali

• yucali #1 fanboi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 07:40:57 AM »
i like x-japan, but i'll take luna sea over them anyday lol.

Offline chin0bo

(Band) X Japan
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 07:42:54 AM »
i love x-japan and the songs endless rain and kurenai also the song X.

Offline VigoVedict

• Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 08:04:51 AM »
I like them okay.  I wouldn't call them the best rock band ever, but then again, I'm more into a classic rock kind of sound.  

They are probably one of the best in that grouping of rock.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 10:46:22 AM »
Love X Japan.  Definitely influential, I wouldn't know if I'd call them the greatest - since I haven't heard all of them, it wouldn't be fair for me to judge now, would it?

Now if only Yoshiki could finally get some Violet UK off the ground....

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 08:10:48 AM »
Well Yoshiki has a new Eternal Melody album getting release within the next month or 2 :D

Ayabie: you suck >:
Quote from: tama-chan
an"]Queen, you mean?

I remember my friends trying to shove X in my face back in Jr. High. The only songs I like are Foever Love and Endless Rain live ver.

Other way round here. I remember my friends (and some family) trying to get me to listen to Queen when I started listening to rock music because they thought they were the greatest band ever.. but they arent that good. They have like 4 good songs in my opinion, whereas X Japan have well over 30 :D

I like Queen too, they've got some hits.  But yeah, X Japan is way higher on my list than Queen is.

Oh, and I dig your avatar, BizKiTRoAcH.  Jack Bauer is the fuckin' man.

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 10:01:48 AM »
Other way round here. I remember my friends (and some family) trying to get me to listen to Queen when I started listening to rock music because they thought they were the greatest band ever.. but they arent that good. They have like 4 good songs in my opinion, whereas X Japan have well over 30 :D

Freddie >>>> Toshi.
Plus, he's dead, man. That gives him advantage.

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 06:19:03 PM »
I would say X-Japan to Japanese = Queen to British.

I like both.

Offline gunsNroses

• Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 11:00:50 AM »
Quote from: ytl
I would say X-Japan to Japanese = Queen to British.

I like both.

u are totally correct

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 12:51:56 PM »
Watch the necromancy, yo.

Anyways, I got Art of Life up for grabs. Anyone wants it? Drop me a pm. Art of Life is that 29 minute mini-album track.

Offline giagia00

(Band) X Japan
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 02:43:46 PM »
:w00t: After read ... don't really know what are you guys talking about???
Don\'t walk in front of me ... I may not follow.
Don\'t walk behind me ... I may not lead.
Just walk beside me ... and be mu friends.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 03:32:31 AM »
X-JAPAN: THE Japanese rock band of the late-80's and 90's.  Lead by Yoshiki (drums), other members were Toshi (vocals), Pata (guitar), Hide (guitar), and Heath (bass guitar).  When they first broke on the scene there was a different guy on bass, but I don't remember his name.

Anyway, a lot of people have likened their style of music to Queen, in that they've done everything from hardcore rock, to symphonic rock, to some pretty kick-ass ballads.  

Yoshiki, as leader, was also the principal songwriter, composer, and producer for the group (as well as many other JRock acts which he still works with).  He's musically very daring and bold, willing to try new sounds in an attempt to continually evolve the sound of the music.  He's also a major perfectionist, which may be part of the reason his newest/latest/current project, Violet UK (which has been "in the works" for at least 6 years), hasn't been able to really get off the ground.

Anyway, X-Japan had broken up sometime in '96 or '97, partially 'cuz the guys wanted to do solo projects, but largely due to tensions within the group reaching an all time high. Sometime in '98 (I think), the guys apparently mended some of their fences and had planned to reunite/re-form the band (everyone except Toshi was in).  Tragically, this reunion never happened because Hide died (overdose, I think).  They did have a psuedo-reunion when the remaining members got together at Hide's funeral and played some of their songs as a tribute to him.  With Hide's death, X-Japan was dead.

So now, Yoshiki is still writing, producing, and on occasion playing drums with some other bands.  I'm not sure if he's still working on Violet UK.  As for the others, they've each released some solo works (saw them on EBay).  Other than that, I'm sorry to say I don't know much about what they've been up to.

Hope that helps a bit.  I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of other stuff.  If anyone else can add to this, feel free to do so.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 05:27:33 AM »
Just reminding everyone of the 7th anniversary of a certain guitarist's tragic death.  Vive le Hideto Matsumoto.  Long live, Hide!! :cheers

Offline kinsei

• Miki-sama, Miki-sama, punish me please!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 05:58:18 AM »
wow its been 7 years already

Offline jar

• Member+
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 10:57:10 PM »
Something to add, Toshi got arrested last year for hitting little kids.  He also tries to sing at local bars and clubs.  It's sad to see an artist with world class abilities singing gigs that arent even close to what he can be singing.

X Japan is the greatest rock band ever.  What other band is/ was as versatile as them.  I've never seen a band or heard of a band that can top X.  Yoshiki is a genius and Hide is/was unstopable on the guitar.

Sorry, I got a heated up there cause X Japan is so great.  Anyways, I think they are awesome :x

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
(Band) X Japan
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 01:15:28 AM »
Quote from: jar
Something to add, Toshi got arrested last year for hitting little kids.

Hey, sometimes the little brats just need a paddlin'.  Who better than a makeup clad, long haired, high pitched screaming V-Kei singer?

That shit would scare me straight - so no need for the "Toss the salad" man. :P

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - My Boy