JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - SEKAI DE ICHIBAN TAISETSU NA HITO

Author Topic: 2012 Summer Olympics in London THREAD [spoilers/results inside]  (Read 31661 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: 2012 Summer Olympics in London THREAD [spoilers/results inside]
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 02:43:19 PM »
I recorded the opening ceremony, but due to the delay it didn't record the finale. D'oh!

But yeah, definitely better than what I was expecting! It's full of British culture and the whole thing felt very lively and free. Quite the contrast to Beijing, which was typically Chinese and epic in its own way.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:26:46 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 04:25:36 PM »
Japanese news coverage of enthusiastic London fan reactions (and one American fan) to opening ceremonies:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 10:54:25 PM »
I don't have much of a problem with having to have a cable subscription in the US to watch events live online, but the televised events are on tape delay. Sure it would help for people's sleep schedule but personally I want that live. I'll figure out how to deal with a messed up sleep schedule.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 11:41:52 PM »
I don't have much of a problem with having to have a cable subscription in the US to watch events live online, but the televised events are on tape delay. Sure it would help for people's sleep schedule but personally I want that live. I'll figure out how to deal with a messed up sleep schedule.

I feel the same way for sports like judo and wrestling
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline jigenbakuda

• What is it about you...君を愛し過ぎている
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 06:31:05 AM »
I recorded the opening ceremony, but due to the delay it didn't record the finale. D'oh!

But yeah, definitely better than what I was expecting! It's full of British culture and the whole thing felt very lively and free. Quite the contrast to Beijing, which has typically Chinese and epic in its own way.

The pirate bay is always an option if you miss an event or portion of an event... ttps://thepiratebay.se/search/london%202012/0/99/0

Well sorry guys no great nipple prints, but there was a slight bit of ass and some kinda cute chicks. I hope you can enjoy... There will be many more days. Even if the first sucked. Diving should be good, and volleyball should have some more winners.

Edit:
Forgot to show my national pride by hyping up the greatest nation in between Canada and Mexico, America fuck yea baby, who runs this particular section of geography? We do, uh-huh!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:45:24 AM by jigenbakuda »
Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹)Angerme - Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜)Tsubuki Factory - ???
Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん…
Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ 笑うだけではダメ

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 07:16:50 AM »
So Japanese fans of Nadeshiko (The Women's football team) who wanted to watch the games live are prepared to gather at various public screening venues in the middle of the night.....
(note: tape is fans watching the first game, in which Japan defeated Canada. Japan's next game, with Sweden, was a scoreless draw)

【五輪】なでしこ初戦勝利に列島各地で大声援!(12/07/26) {Published on 25 Jul 2012 by ANNnewsCH}

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »

I feel the same way for sports like judo and wrestling

Catch it on NHK :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 07:08:12 PM »
Man, Canadian Olympic coverage is being split between 4 separate TV channels.  All of them are owned/run by the same cable channel conglomerate, and each one is covering a different event at any one time.

It's hard trying to keep up with it all. :lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline jigenbakuda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 12:24:54 AM »
Okay so today was a bit better, at least I got some nipple prints, anyways this is just a pic spam.

My personal Faves will be in original resolution, please feel free to click on the others to explore :)

A need a second to recover from DATASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little something something for JFC

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:31:22 AM by jigenbakuda »
Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹)Angerme - Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜)Tsubuki Factory - ???

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »
Drama in Epee Fencing. Controversy of the last second of the match.

Too bad she lost to 4th place in the Bronze Medal match after sitting out on the piste for an hour while her coach when to file an appeal (and pay for it too).  :(

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2012, 05:07:11 AM »
Spain owned at football still the best news of the Olympics :V right amp?

Offline jigenbakuda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2012, 07:25:51 AM »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »
Japan won the bronze medail (first ever medal in women's archery) with a bronze in the team event, coming from behind in the match with Russia to decide the bronze.

Japan had lost to South Korea earlier, and South Korea went on to defeat China for the gold medal, the seventh straight time for South Korea.

Japan team was Ren Hayakawa, 24,  Miki Kanie, 23,  and Kaori Kawanaka, 20.

Congratulations to all three teams!

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »
Big congratulations to Japan's first gold medal winner of the London Games- Kaori Matsumoto in the 57 kilo weight division of women's Judo.
In the final match, Matsumoto won due to disqualification of her opponent, Corina Caprioriu of Romania, for an illegal attack from behind.
Kaori kept a stern fact throughout her matches, and finally broke into tears after knowing she had won, and then into a broad smile on the medal stand.

From the Yomiuri Shimbun: "I couldn't have won this medal by myself. The support I received gave me strength," said Matsumoto, 24.

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2012, 08:11:50 PM »

Dutch field hockey ladies  :panic:
Previous olympics they got a gold medal. This season they won from Belgium and Japan in the poule matches. I'm curious how this will continue.

Anyway, jphip needs to see these ladies pimped  :jphip:
http://coedmagazine.com/2012/07/30/the-hottest-women-of-the-netherlands-olympic-field-hockey-team-photos/

Lots of cool sports to watch again, yet so little time!

Offline jigenbakuda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »
So a special shout out to the young american atheletes missy and the gymnastics teams for being awesome in general...

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »
Drama in Epee Fencing. Controversy of the last second of the match.

Too bad she lost to 4th place in the Bronze Medal match after sitting out on the piste for an hour while her coach when to file an appeal (and pay for it too).  :(

She will be getting a special medal for sportsmanship from the Fencing Committee I read

Offline jigenbakuda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2012, 06:21:30 AM »
Me and my little sister were discussing how unfair it was to the chinese men and women divers that the olympic committee actually made them dive before giving them the gold... Everyone knew they were getting it, they just wasted china's time, smh

A little desi lovin, yummy...

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »
IDk what's more sad, going for throws that were super ineffective or getting caught with the throw you gave up early on :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2012, 06:11:04 PM »
MOVE OVER KEVIN ASANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kayla Harrison winning the first judo gold medal in USA history, one less sport that the U.S. hadn't won a gold in

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/kayla-harrison-wins-first-american-judo-gold-ever-152446643--oly.html

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - SEKAI DE ICHIBAN TAISETSU NA HITO