JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Romantic St

Author Topic: Beckham Leaving It - For L.A.  (Read 10033 times)

Offline Windragon

Beckham Leaving It - For L.A.
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2007, 11:41:48 AM »
Football isnt very popular at all on USA.
Im from Spain (Real Madrid is my favourite football team) and here football is the nacional sport.
Bechkam will probably gives more popularity and "glamour" to football in USA.

Offline guyyee

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2007, 03:31:03 PM »
he's not gonna last long, us of a is just not a place he can call home.

Offline thehell

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2007, 05:38:28 PM »
I used to like him, but now i dont

Offline Sexykago

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Beckham Leaving It - For L.A.
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2007, 03:36:55 PM »
Hopefully he'll spur some interest in real football over here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:37:16 PM by Sexykago »

Offline jimmydotnet

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • proud to be malaysian
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007, 01:39:38 PM »
i still honour him to go to L.A. if he intend to change the american football...coz football isnt famous there...why does he never come to my country...if he really want to change the football atmosphere of a country  ::)

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »
Has he started playing yet? When does the league start over there?

Offline makeme

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2007, 03:22:42 PM »
Damn, that 20 million a year more than his contract with real madrid.

Offline conannd

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • loves 510
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2007, 03:41:28 AM »
Damn, that 20 million a year more than his contract with real madrid.

oh really??? no doubt he accept to go to LA..... and maybe he also got influence from victoria for his move....

Offline jimmy

• I'm not a cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »
i still honour him to go to L.A. if he intend to change the american football...coz football isnt famous there...why does he never come to my country...if he really want to change the football atmosphere of a country  ::)

I don't think he wants the change the football atmosphere of a country as much as he wants to change his bank balance from incredibly rich to ridiculously rich.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2007, 12:49:55 PM »
I seriously think I'm suffering from Beckham fatigue. In case you didn't know, David Beckham was officially unveiled as an LA Galaxy player on Fri, with a ridiculous display of tickertape, anthems, a new Real Madrid-esque shirt and Beckham's new number? 23. The same as Michael Jordan. Of course, there was always going to be a hidden agenda and it was unveiled when Galaxy's manager announced that the new shirt was available for sale :roll:

It's all too much and ridiculously overblown. I mean the Daily Mirror dedicated 6 pages to it today. 6 pages. That was more than when Madeline McCann was kidnapped and more than the floods in England. And it's headline news on TV and everything else. I just desperately hope that because they're in America, the Beckham couple will fade away from the media, but I know it's not going to happen because the media have an obsession with them.

And here's another thing I don't understand. David says he's doing this to elevate foo...soccer, as one of the top sports in the country and to raise awareness. But I don't understand, why should he be concerned about that? He's a footballer! He's not a spokesperson. Another thing is, I know already that one player is not going to replace the likes of American Football or Baseball or Basketball as one of the top pasttimes so that reasoning isn't going to work. Even if it was, Beckham is not the player to do it. He doesn't score goals for a start. He's a crosser, he passes the ball and he doesn't do tricks. The likes of Pele and Best could do these things and they still couldn't raise the game. Basically, Beckham has gone into semi-retirement for a ridiculous sum of money with the MLS. And as for Victoria, I really couldn't care less.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:51:36 PM by Tuffty »

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2007, 02:54:40 AM »
He's by far the biggest name in football the US knows. He probably wouldn't change anything, but I'd like to see him try.

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2007, 05:18:16 AM »
his debut was today. he came out at the 78th minute. got a corner kick.

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2007, 11:29:15 PM »
I don't normally follow soccer but I watched the match. The crowd cheered whenever he got the ball.

I think his biggest impact will be in getting other players interested in coming over to play in the US. I mean, if the LA Galaxy are willing to pay Beckham that much, what might other players be offered? Maybe not all players will jump ship in their prime but once they  reach 30 and above, the offer might be too good to pass up.

Offline satan ahh lunn

• Member+
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2007, 11:44:06 PM »
I don't normally follow soccer but I watched the match. The crowd cheered whenever he got the ball.

I think his biggest impact will be in getting other players interested in coming over to play in the US. I mean, if the LA Galaxy are willing to pay Beckham that much, what might other players be offered? Maybe not all players will jump ship in their prime but once they  reach 30 and above, the offer might be too good to pass up.

yea i agreed, once people reached 30, sometimes they wouldn't be offered as much as offered to younger players. I really do hope soccer will be the next big thing in US.

Even though i had never watch a soccer game in my life, not even FIFA, but i still like to play soccer a lot too.

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2007, 06:07:14 AM »
I thought the topic is really apt...... coz thats what Beck did .... or atleast it seemed so. "Beckham Leaving It (all the games) - For L.A.".... thats what he really did. He has be in more games off the field than on since he has joined. The new sports gear is a suit & tie! And yes there was this 78th min entry, which was greeted as if the Holy Grail had been found. Pretty dumb i suppose.
  But on the other side, in his final months with Real Madrid I think Becks has done more for the team than in all the time he spent with them. No wonder they were ready to have him back.
........not too sure of his American adventure though.

Offline mumm-ra

• ecchi
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »
He's going to get really tired - he's already being 'rested'

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Romantic St