JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: TaeTiSeo - Twinkle

Author Topic: [03/03] Idoling!!! 3rd album [Sunrise]  (Read 24619 times)

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
Re: [03/03] Idoling!!! 3rd album [Sunrise]
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 04:44:22 PM »

Offline 1517

• Member+
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 04:32:38 AM »
^ 3do me no kinenbi :pimp: slow song, good vocals & music  :thumbsup
also, i like the beat of track 6 (sunadokei)  8)
ra.ra.ra. ra no SONG is like hardcore/industrial music  :rockon:
now SUNRISE has grow on me.  :)
----------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:15:17 PM by 1517 »

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 02:31:02 PM »
HOLY SHITTT! WTF is that la la la la no song XD XD XD
with that kind of title, i expect some typical bouncy idol pop song, turns out it made my jaw dropped for the entire preview  XD :rockon:
woohooo!!! being quite the metal head, it really clicked on my ear!  :grin: :rockon:
Is that Maipuru doing the opera like vocal :shocked:
and who's the male voice??  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:36:22 PM by LarcKen »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 03:50:55 PM »
That'd be Masuno of course. :P La La La is written by him.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 04:33:58 PM »
HOLY SHITTT! WTF is that la la la la no song XD XD XD
with that kind of title, i expect some typical bouncy idol pop song, turns out it made my jaw dropped for the entire preview  XD :rockon:
woohooo!!! being quite the metal head, it really clicked on my ear!  :grin: :rockon:

Thanks for making me check out the song! Pretty awesome that an idol group isn't afraid of doing some heavier songs  :rockon:

It's totally nu-metal, which I'm not that big on, but it's still cool  :twothumbs

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 12:11:40 AM »
I was holding back from listening to previews, but reading here I had to go and listen to la la la la no song.  :shocked

now the next live is going to literally rock even harder than before!  :pimp:

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 03:16:58 AM »
Here's one more preview:
Love Magic Fever ~Love Magic Hyper Mix~ (Radio Pre...

Not gonna bother posting this one on Acchi Muite Pie!!! since the album comes out in a few days.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 06:53:06 PM »

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 08:15:25 AM »
Has anyone followed their Oricon ranking? I checked on their release date and they were #7. They weren't high enough to list their sales numbers, and I forgot to check since. Hopefully Sunrise improves on whatever Petit-Petit did. I know it's the AKB era, but Idoling!!! has improved a lot; it would suck if their fan base isn't growing.

I should have went with the premium edition. For some reason my logic at the time was: 2 photocards > 1 Mini photobook. Must have been temporary insanity - mini photobook is always better than photo cards. Especially since I didn't get a Rurika or Tonooka card *stupid guy or robot who packed my cd* Ami and Hitomi are cool though  :thumbup

Bonus poster from cdjapan. I really love their posters, S.O.W. one was great too.

Offline Blue_Sweater

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 08:24:07 AM »
I do still like photocards but you really need those in a set, not just two! Nice poster that comes with CDJapan. I should start shopping with them so I can get myself one of those next time:)

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »
wha?? You can get a bonus poster through CDJapan???  :shocked I've been using only amazon all these while....  :banghead:

Princess Hii looks amazing there! Now I'm really wondering which member am I getting.... 

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 04:48:09 PM »
^ You know how Tower Records, HMV, Shinseido, and Tsutaya get special sleeves with every Idoling!!! release? Some of the other retailers get bonus posters--one of which is Neowing AKA CDJapan... I'm always tempted to order from CDJapan for the posters, but I always end up ordering from HMV because they often have discounts if you buy multiple items (which, by the way, saved me 6300 yen on Idoling!!! Season 5 :D). Plus, last time I checked, HMV's shipping had a better cost/speed balance for me (east coast United States). So, I have the premium and standard editions on the way from HMV. I really only wanted the premium edition, but they just had to make the DVD different in the standard edition. XD

Here's my track-by-track review of this album:

Prologue ~reminiscent of moonlight~ / SUNRISE - Prologue has a nice beat to it, and I like how it leads straight into SUNRISE (but my iPod doesn't, so it puts a little gap between the two songs). SUNRISE is a nice, upbeat song to kick off the album, but I don't find it really special. It is a very good album track, but it's not a song I would listen to over and over again. Maybe it's because of the other album tracks, but this one just didn't have much impact.

Kishuhen Ecstasy - I thought this song was just OK at first, but I really started liking it after seeing the 7th live. This song has that pop-rockish Idoling!!! feel that we've all grown to love over the years. I have always found this song kind of funny because of the fast talking parts, and it's even funnier hearing them try to pull that off live.

Te no Hira no Yuuki - Honestly, this is the type of song that I would normally find kind of boring. But, for some reason, I really like this song. Maybe it's because it has Maipuru and Rurika... Maybe it's that funny one-armed dance... Maybe it's that tempo change near the end that makes you start bouncing around like they do in the PV.

U - I'm normally not a big fan of ballads, but this one is pretty good. A lot of ballads have a quiet instrumental that tries to put more focus on the vocals, but this one has a relatively powerful instrumental. I know about the whole in-school/not-in-school split for this song and Houkago Telepathy, but come on, did they really have to put Yazawa in this song?

Sunadokei - I think this one kind of flew under the radar while I drooling over another track on the album, but this song is hot. It has a cool beat that keeps me bouncing while I'm listening to it, and the vocals are great. The tempo change in the middle of the song was a little strange, but I like it. I think this is my 2nd favorite track on the album.

Snow celebration -everlasting story- - It's Snow celebration... again... I like the song, but not that much. Yeah, it has a new arrangement and new lyrics, but it's still Snow celebration. But, now I can't sing along with it because I don't know the new lyrics. I didn't agree with it being voted as the #1 Idoling!!! song (I voted for Ganbare Otome), and I really don't agree with it getting a re-release on both a single and an album. Again, I still like the song, but it's probably my least favorite track on the album.

3-dome no Kinenbi - Another ballad, but this time, they picked the right people: Endo, Tonooka, Fonchi, Yokoyama, Kawamura, and Asahi. OK, maybe I could do without Fonchi and Asahi, but they've both proven to be pretty solid singers recently, so I don't mind them being there. I just hope this group can pull this one off live because it sounds like a challenging song.

La・La・La La no SONG - For me, this is THE song of the album right here. Masuno is a genius. Idols doing heavy metal? You've got to be kidding me. Idoling!!! is the idol group that just keeps pushing the limits. I'm not even a big fan of heavy metal, but just the idea of a bunch of cute girls singing a metal song is AWESOME! I'm not 100% sure who does the opera singing in the middle, but the more I listen to it, the more it sounds like Yazawa to me. I just wonder how they're gonna perform this one live. It'll probably be a comedic performance like the last two Masuno-gumi (I love that term) songs, but I kind of want to see them take this one seriously with a really cool choreography. It could be the performance that puts this group on the map.

Love Magic♥Fever ~Love Love Magic Hyper Mix~ - The placement of this song is hilarious. You go from heavy metal to a really happy and hyper song. Love Magic Fever is a great song, and the new instrumental is awesome. Honestly, I think they made this version because it sounds more like something that's playable by the live band.

Houkago Telepathy ~Inokori Hoshuu Mix~ - The only difference between this and the original Houkago Telepathy is the talking at the end. I liked the original, so it's not that big a deal, but I find it strange that they gave it a new title, especially when Beta na Shitsuren on Petit-Petit had talking at the end, but didn't have a different title. (I know the talking had more to do with Royal Milk Girl, but still...) I love the part near the end of the song where it slows down and then speeds back up. I always want to pick up a towel and start swinging it around during the last part.

Rainy Girl - This is a really nice and relaxing song. I have a 2.1 speaker system connected to my computer, and that subwoofer always makes my desk vibrate just a tiny bit during the beginning of this song. It's kind of funny how such a mellow song hits the bass so hard. By the way, in case anyone was under the impression that this was a Tokimeki Idoling!!! song (as I was), this is actually a full-group song. I really love the part after the instrumental break where Tonooka and Yokoyama trade lines.

Don't be afraid -Director's cut- - Here's an idea... Let's take all of the solo lines and make them group lines. In other words, let's take the parts that make this song special and make them not-so-special. Yeah, whoever came up with that idea is an idiot. The most amazing part of this song is Rurika's long solo part, and they just did away with it. There's also a little extra music at the end... Big whoop... They took a great song and made it a good song. This was almost as big a disappointment as Snow celebration, but I still like this song better, so it's my 2nd least favorite track on the album.

S.O.W. Sense of Wonder - It's Sense of Wonder. What more can I say? At least it's a change of pace as far as ending tracks on Idoling!!! albums. Instead of closing with a slower track like Daiji na Mono and Petit-Petit, SUNRISE ends with a high-energy bang by closing with one of Idoling!!!'s best-selling singles. I've grown to like this song a lot more after hearing it so many times.

Overall, I thought this was a great album. I know we all complained about the lack of new tracks on the album, but after hearing the radio previews, all of my complaints went right out the window. The last time I remember being this excited to hear an album was when I first entered J-Pop fandom in 2003 and Morning Musume's No.5 just came out. Even though we only got 4 new tracks, I think they're all very high-quality tracks, probably better than some of Idoling!!!'s singles. I know I listed Snow celebration and Don't be afraid as my least favorite tracks on the album, but that sounds harsher than it really is. They're both still good songs, and I still find both very enjoyable.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 05:57:34 PM »
Which means there are posters given out for singles too? Need to change stores... having a collection of posters is just awesome compared to printing them yourself T_T

thanks to all for the info

Offline Azagrath

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 01:06:14 PM »
Got my premium edition in the mail today from YesAsia. Packages usually take 2-3 weeks to get here, so I was shocked (and happy) when this arrived in less than a week.

The photobook is very nice, really classy photos, and there's several separate group photos included as well. The card I got was Aichan, so overall I'm superhappy today :P

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2010, 08:13:53 AM »
SUNRISE on #14 weekly oricon chart with 11281 copies.

Offline Special Needs Tricycle

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 07:26:15 PM »
How much did Petit-Petit sell? I have a feeling that's a lot more than what Petit-Petit sold.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 02:34:08 AM »
How much did Petit-Petit sell? I have a feeling that's a lot more than what Petit-Petit sold.

yup

Petit-Petit was #17 with 8448 copies

http://www.oricon.co.jp/search/result.php?kbn=ja&types=rnk&year=2009&month=8&week=5&submit5.x=26&submit5.y=17

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2010, 07:20:51 AM »
Sunadokei with its jazzy sound and la la la no song is just fuckin great!
La la la's interlude which consist of the opera vocal and the hardcore riffs is quite posibly one of the best idol music piece i've ever heard  :rockon:
Really, that two song alone makes it worth buying the album :twothumbs
the intro and sunrise is great too! and i love the transition between the two :D
Great album! they get better with every new album! :w00t:

Offline Special Needs Tricycle

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »
OKAY I FINALLY LISTENED TO THE ALBUM! Here's a review I wrote for my dinky little Idoling!!! thread on MM-BBS. I might as well post it here too!

1. Prologue -reminiscent of moonlight-

I do not get the point of these kind of album openers. Petit-Petit's album opening sounded like it was going to be an AMAZING track and then it just broke into about a minute of the girls giggling and going "PUCHI PUCHI~~~~~~~ DAISUKI~~~~~" and it pissed me the hell off. This is no different. This sounds like it could be an amazing song. What a waste.

2. SUNRISE

I like this! It's not anything that I'm going to be playing on repeat for days like Kishuhen Ecstacy or U, but it's a good song. Sounds like Perfume maybe? But without the vocoding. Good mood-setter.

3. Kishuhen Ecstacy

I am appalled and fully against including B-sides in albums but sdfljhdsfkjasdghkfeshyksefu this song is incredible. Erica is so perfect for this song. The Hitomi/Serina/Kaede group is weird and sounded FUCKING HORRIBLE live, but this song, man. This fucking song. This is what I love about Idoling!!!. The weird funky but catchy as hell songs they put out. Like Soushokukei Carnival. Why do all of Idoling!!!'s awesome songs have to be hidden as B-sides. It pisses me off. Everyone, if you're going to download this album and forget to listen to it, please at LEAST take a listen to this song. I KNOW YOU KNOW KISHUHEN EKUSUTASHII

4. Te no Hira no Yuuki (Tokimeki Idoling!!!)

:wub: :wub: :wub: So many people find this song a borefest, but I love everything about it. I love the goofy one-handed dance, I love the swaying, I love that little SWOOOOSH sound effect, I love their outfits, I love the lyrics, I love the softness. It's just such a nice song. So cheery and good.

5. U

FUCKING THIS SONG AS WELL. This, along with Kishuhen Ecstacy and Soushokukei Carnival is one of Idoling!!!'s best songs that is tacked on as a B-side despite being miles better than the A-side. I don't have much to say, since this song is pretty old, but it's a beautiful saddish song, which I don't think Idoling!!! has ever really done? It works really well. Pleeease listen to this song, too. It's great.

6. Sunadokei

Their voices sound really weird and processed here. And WOAH THIS CHORUS IS COOL. With a title that means "Hourglass", I was expecting a really boring ballad, but this is a nice surprice! This is such a neo-Idoling!!! song. This reminds me of how much Idoling!!!'s music style has changed for the better. Daiji na Mono was a collection of nice, but bland and typical idol songs, but this has an actual style to it. If I didn't know any better and listened to Daiji na Mono and SUNRISE back to back, I'd think they were two different groups. I like the feeling of listening to this song and going "THIS is an Idoling!!! song" instead of "THIS is something I've heard way too many times." Good song.

7. Snow celebration -everlasting story-

I'm sooo on the fence with this. Most of Idoling!!'s remixes (See: fucking all of Petit-Petit) are basically undistinguishable from the original and complete ripoffs, but this is a complete re-recording, re-arranged, and has slightly different lyrics. I'm not sure I like this style. I would have preferred something more hyper, considering this was the B-side to Love Magic Fever. Not bad though!

8. 3 do Me no Kinenbi

This is... relaxing? Oh. Nice chorus. This kind of reminds me of U? But it's quite different. This is nice. Not much to say. It sounds really nice. What the hell is with this album. Petit-Petit sucked ASS and this album's album songs are all really good so far. What the hell happened? I have a feeling they won't be able to sing a lot of these songs very well live, though. U gets a bit iffy at time, and U has mostly girls who are competent with singing. Whatever.

9. La-La-La La no Love Song

And now we break up my chill mood with some FUCKING METAL that Masuno wrote. Cool. I know every other Idoling!!! fan shat themselves over this, but I'm not liking this that much. It's different, but it's... boring? Idols singing rock shouldn't be boring. They sound bored and there's no real chorus. Masuno sounds funny in the background, though. Royal Milk Girl was way better. And Daiba no Koi no Monogatari was even better than that. What happened? I stopped listening half-way through. :/

10. Love♥Magic Fever ~Love Love Magic Hyper Mix~ (Puyo Puyo Idoling!!!)

Not as hyper as I expected! Less hyper than the original! But I like it! It's like, half re-arranged or something? It sounds like they took out half of the arrangement, added some effects, and turned up the background vocals. I like that. I have a weird fascination with backup vocals, and it's a lot more work than they did with Petit-Petit's remixes. Serina's line still makes me want to punch her. That is all.

11. Houkago Telepathy ~Inokori Hoshu Mix~

This is also a very Idoling!!! song, but I do not like it at ALLLLLLLLL. Probably because it's paired with U, a fucking amazing song. But still. It's like a bad version of Kajuu 30% Orange Juice Tsubutsubu Iri. The remix itself... sounds like it got almost the same treatment as Love Magic Fever? Maybe? No backup vocals. Song sucks. Skipped halfway through.

12. Rainy Girl (Tokimeki Idoling!!!)

Hmmmm. I am on the fence with this. It does have a really "Rainy Day" feeling, and that's nice, I guess? I haven't really listened to this song much, because I ignored it for its A-side (Te no Hira no Yuuki), but now that I listen to it again, it's quite a good song. I like the arrangement a lot. Relaxing.

13. Don't be afraid -Director's cut-

...What is the "Director's cut" part of this? Oh wait, is the line distribution different? Did they fucking re-record parts of this? What is this. Something sounds different, but I can't put my finger on it. Like Shokugyou: Idol's "remix". What is going on here. Most of this sounds exactly the same as the original, but maybe slightly different? Is this because I'm wearing headphones? WAIT WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO RURIKA'S SOLO WHO THE FUCK DID THIS SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET A KICK TO THE FUCKING BALLS FUCK THIS SHIT THIS PART SUCKS :((( WHERE IS RURIKA. This is a good song but WHERE IS RURIKA'S AWESOME SOLO. Oh the ending is really cool. I like that. But still, stop playing, you bitches. Give me Rurika's solo back. For real.

14. S.O.W. Sense of Wonder

Yesssssssss. Great album closer. It sounds like it's signaling a regime change (Climb up the idol ladder?) for Idoling!!! I love this song. It's so happy. It makes me happy. I love Idoling!!!. One thing though, this sounds... somewhat different from the original? Is this a bad rip? Was the original single a bad rip? Is this because my ears hurt and I'm tired? I dunno. Good song. LET'S WONDERING!!!

Overall thoughts:

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. I put off listening to this for SO LONG and had SUCH LOW EXPECTATIONS after the ABORTION that was Petit-Petit. This is soooo much better. THIS is the Idoling!!! that I love. Not some no-effort single "remixes" and shitty tacked-on filler songs. This is a GOOD ALBUM from beginnig to end. Love Song sucks, Houkago Telepathy sucked in the first place, and someone deserves to have their balls ripped off for taking away my Rurika solo, but other than that, this is VERY GOOD. I am happy. Hopefully they keep up this momentum with 4th gen having joined now. I'm excited to see what Idoling!!!'s going to do next. :>

Offline Gihren

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »

I do not get the point of these kind of album openers. Petit-Petit's album opening sounded like it was going to be an AMAZING track and then it just broke into about a minute of the girls giggling and going "PUCHI PUCHI~~~~~~~ DAISUKI~~~~~" and it pissed me the hell off. This is no different. This sounds like it could be an amazing song. What a waste.

:lol: Thank god, i wasn't the only one with that kind of reaction. I was wondering if i was being a fan of a wrong group after hear petit-peit opening.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: TaeTiSeo - Twinkle