JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: pukkey - Hold your pride

Author Topic: What Anime Are You Watching Now?  (Read 161497 times)

Offline Gaijin22

• ecchi
  • Member+
What Anime Are You Watching Now?
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2006, 12:47:09 PM »
There are soo many great anim series. I watch always different ones. Moast favorties are: Goldenboy, Full Metal Panic, Onegai Twinns/Teacher. Gravitation. I like it when i laugh my ass of i anime's. Ohh Noir was great becouse the interesting storie about moral, and loyality.

RyeCrimsonMoon

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2006, 05:31:51 AM »
I'm watching Tsubasa, Gundam SEED, and Kindaichi right now :D

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2006, 05:36:46 AM »
I'm not a big anime fan, but my sister mentioned to me that the Gokusen anime was on on a channel we get, so I may watch that :lol:

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2006, 09:06:11 AM »
ZOMGOSH Loveless <333
:inlove:

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline Lunar

• GanbaREINA~ !
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tanakacchi <3
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2006, 08:11:29 PM »
Currently watching:

Blood +  and rewatching FMA :)

Offline idiotboy

• day-to ja nai!
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2006, 03:18:52 PM »
currently re-watching Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, altho this time in story (chronological) order, not plot (broadcast) order, and it's even more genius than before - the rampant foreshadowing of events that have happened but we haven't yet seen (random example - Haruhi about to give Mikuru a ponytail in the baseball ep, shooting a dirty look to Kyon, then changing her mind... fantastic attention to detail, and a detail that can only be appreciated on re-watching).

other than that tho, i'm in post-Suzumiya comedown and can't bring myself to watch other anime - cos nothing, not even NANA or Ouran, is going to be up to standard. and the dross of the new season - Tsuyokiss, Muteki Kanban Musume - doesn't bear thinking about. still been keeping up with Strawberry Kiss tho: it's so rubbish it's in a completely different universe to Haruhi...

Offline Sue

• Member+
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2006, 08:47:55 PM »
i'm watching Paradise Kiss!! i love Parakiss *o* the manga was great.

Offline zaius

• the third man
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2006, 06:09:01 AM »
nowadays the only anime i manage to watch is what i catch on [as], which as of late has been Eureka Seven and iGPX. i wasn't sure what to think of Eureka at first but it's grown on me and i love the character designs. oh, and you can't forget mecha design by the legendary Shoji Kawamori. as for iGPX, i just think it's a neat concept and that's good enough for me. XD

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2006, 12:17:30 PM »
Kyo Kara Mao!

Just thought I'd watch some long-ass series, and whoa the 1st episode didn't disappoint me XD

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2006, 12:29:13 PM »
Watching Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu and absolutely loving it! Am tempted to learn the dance from the ending and film myself doing it, wtf. I also have the ending theme constantly stuck in my head D: Fun, though. Need to find time to watch more of it ^___^

Offline pokemonpink

• Member+
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2006, 10:43:10 PM »
Akagi is highly recommanded ~ If you like majong. >.<

Offline idiotboy

• day-to ja nai!
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2006, 01:22:52 PM »
still re-watching Suzumiya Haruhi - even tho the hatas on AniDB are trying to knock it off top spot it is one of the greatest animes ever.

also still watching:

Strawberry Panic 16 [Serin subs]: damn this is trash, and so poorly animated too: but damn, it's fun poorly animated trash!

Mushishi 23 [C1 subs]: i'm so pleased this is back after it's 2 month hiatus - even if there are only 3 eps left. to thnk that in the last six months we've had two animes this good - anyone claiming 'the golden age of anime is over' needs to stop watching kiddie anime like DBZ and start on grown-up stuff like Mushishi, Honey and Clover and Suzumiya Haruhi.

Honey and Clover II 03 [Solar subs]: unexpectedly, season 2 is actually better than season 1 - and the art has developed, as well. totally ace.

Chokotto Sister 01 [two different subs]: the manga is sweet, fun and just a little bit wrong - the anime isn't quite as good but it's still well worth watching. and just a little bit wrong too, which doesn't hurt. FWIW, i much preferred the GNU subs over the Jiji subs.

summer season animes i've started but won't finish:

Binbou Shimai Monogatari: the manga is a bit :meh:, the anime more so - there's an opportunity for a really good story here, but it alwayas avoids drama in favour of sappy sentimentality. a real disappointment.

Tsuyokiss and Muteki Kanban Musume: i've mentioned these before, but it bears repeating: they're both shit. stay away.

Tonagura: harem comedy. i like harem anime; i'm not such a big fan of harem comedies. this one looks like Lamune played for laughs (altho better art than Lamune). perverted lead male with goth-loli imouto; deluded/ niave lead female with over-sexed onee-chan - wake me up when something original happens.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »
Man compared to you guys i'm nothing but a beginner, even though i'd watch anime since i was a kid, but i don't have a lot of sources.  I'm just curious as to how and where do you get all these old and new anime and manga.  I usually just watch anime, but recently had been very interested in manga since manga has more to it than it's anime counterpart.  Help a fellow anime/manga enthusiat updated on the latest and best out there, onegai, and suggestion is fine.  Thanks

Offline idiotboy

• day-to ja nai!
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2006, 01:14:19 PM »
Quote from: bigdnm01
I'm just curious as to how and where do you get all these old and new anime and manga.  
the power of the internet and the torrent:
new anime can be found at animesuki and baka-updates; new manga from baka's sister site manga updates.
complete series can be found at boxtorrents
a mix of old, new, complete series, single episodes, good stuff and complete rubbish can be found at tokyo toshokan and deltaanime torrents.

and there're literally dozens of other sites out there: these are just the ones i most frequently visit.

Offline BlitZ

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2006, 04:51:44 PM »
many many such:
Zero no tsukima [Lious - -b]
Chokkoto sister
utawarerumono [Aruru Kawaii >w<]
MS stargazer

Many other but in rep is recommented

Offline Imperx

• Addicted to Reina
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2006, 10:13:16 PM »
The only anime I'm curently watching is School Rumble Season 2.

Offline reine

• I @ Yume . . /
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2006, 05:10:19 AM »
Currently still following these series, all are above average-very good in my opinion:

1. One Piece - 300 eps + and still very good :)
2. Berserk (well the manga)
3. Keroro - funny stuff lotsa parodies
4. School Rumble niigaki - funniest anime I've seen in awhile, recommended
5. Ouran Koko Host bun - Funny, but the guy x guy action sometimes gross me out. Still nothing compared to Loveless ^.^
6. Mushishi - Excellent graphic, very good story.
7. Monster - Well I just started watching yesterday, the animation looks bad but the story is intriguing so I'll watch more of it
8. Haruhi - Well I'm gonna get slammed for this, it's a good anime don't get me wrong, but I still don't get it why people seem to think it's like the best anime ever created. Characters are  amusing but rather bland (eh all 3 girls are the usual stereotype), story is so-so IMO, and about the episode not in the correct order, I could do without. Top notch voice acting and music though, and the animation is good. I'd pick School Rumble over it anydays.
9. Nana - Decent anime

Offline Flow-

• Professional Slacker
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2006, 04:28:06 AM »
Well.. I'm currently watching Ghost in the Sheel: Stand Alone Complex (Season 1) right now

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2006, 08:21:05 PM »
watching dragonball z while i eat breakfast
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline Arumih

• ecchi
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2006, 09:55:18 PM »
i'm watching tsubasa chronicles and school rumble nigakki.. both are good for me

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: pukkey - Hold your pride