JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfume - TOKYO GIRL

Author Topic: Official NFL Thread  (Read 410009 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NFL Thread
« on: February 24, 2005, 03:41:40 AM »
The Official NFL Thread

Talk NFL shit here.

So...the ball is starting to roll with fools getting released (Bledsoe) signed (Porter, Bledsoe) and traded (Randy Moss??

Fuck...if Randy Moss goes to Oakland - they'll stick suck. Rich Gannon isn't what he used to be, if he ever comes back from what - that neck injury? And forget about Collins.

I'm a keep an eye on Philly and see what they do for free agents. They better wrap up Brian Westbrook.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Re: Official NFL Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 04:04:24 PM »
Where is Jerry Rice going?

Ty Law and Muschin????

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 02:15:35 AM »
Jerry Rice is prolly gonna retire. Fuck, the guy won't even admit he's lost a step.

I'd like to Mushin Mohammed in an Eagles uniform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet Ty Law is gonna fuckin resign with the Pats for like 2 bucks. Fucking Pats always about TEAM!!!  :jerk: OFFS

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 11:37:12 PM »
WOW. The Pats even let Troy Brown go...here we go the list of Free Agents:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 09:01:11 PM »
TROT IS BACK!!!

I was afraid he'd leave for KC. Now the draft is looking sweeet. And pick up another WR. JERRY RICE ANYONE?!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 05:00:46 AM »
NICE. Couple of notable signings off the top of my head:

Brett Favre is coming back. Good for him. Glad to hear his wife is doing well.

ha. Garcia is back with The Mooch in Detroit. Now they got 2 crappy QBs.

Minnesota's offseason fun keeps getting better and beter.

Sad to see vets like Ike Reese and Jermane Mayberry. Been VERY quiet down in Eagle camp. Hope they can get a good WR since Plexico is still out there. And snap up Burgess as a 2nd stringer.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 07:46:01 AM »
Quote from: daigong
NICE. Couple of notable signings off the top of my head:

Brett Favre is coming back. Good for him. Glad to hear his wife is doing well.

ha. Garcia is back with The Mooch in Detroit. Now they got 2 crappy QBs.

Minnesota's offseason fun keeps getting better and beter.

Sad to see vets like Ike Reese and Jermane Mayberry. Been VERY quiet down in Eagle camp. Hope they can get a good WR since Plexico is still out there. And snap up Burgess as a 2nd stringer.

Favre is BACK!!!  :bounce:

I guess Bledsoe will start for Dallas... Mr. Tuna better come up with something good!!!

Patriots will not win again. nonononono

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 11:04:45 AM »
How many more Tuna-friendly players will Dallas get?  :lol:

Man...so how has the off-season been to your favorite team??

3 Panthers filled steroid prescriptions  :lol:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2025197

Broncos ship out Reuben Droughns to the Browns
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2025542

The Eagles have plenty of draft picks (13 picks instead of the original 9 - thanks Duce, Bobby, Troy, Carlos Emmons leaving)
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=25445

but should they trade up??? The way things are looking, there's not gonna be anything major like a trade or signing.

Offline street bastard

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 06:01:58 PM »
Reuben Droughns had a nice year last year but the way the Broncos are I could run for 1,000 yards in their system. I still think we should start Lee Suggs. He knows how to run behind our crappy offensive line. But he's injury prone. I guess this means we won't be taking Ronnie Brown in the draft. I'd like to get either Braylon Edwards or Mike Willams. With one of them and with Winslow coming back the offense should be better.

The Broncos have 3/4 of the Browns D-line.  :shock: Did they hire Butch Davis as an advisor?  :lol:

No flavor of the month this time at the Compound.

Offline Pure Racer

• 1337 Noobinator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 07:04:55 AM »
I hope Seattle tries to trade Alexander for someone...  I know he isn't too happy being franchises and all...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 08:33:12 AM »
ha. I can see why Philly fan was pissed about the Panthers being roided up. But did it make a difference in the NFC title game in 2004?

Bo Jackson is suing ASAP.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2031331

Well...here's a funny story I heard off Jim Rome, Michael Vick allegedly gave a woman herpes. Then went to get it checked out using the name Ron Mexico.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html

And after all the rumors he was gay, he defended himself by going: “Come on now, everyone knows how I like to get down".   :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 01:43:09 AM »
FUCK!! After all that posturing about getting a new agent and comments like "At least I didn't get tired during the Super Bowl" ... TO is asking for a restructued contract from The Eagles

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2037602

just give him the damn money!! its not like Philly is gonna sign anyone this offseason!!

Offline Pure Racer

• 1337 Noobinator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 09:20:08 AM »
Seattle should give them Koren Robinson and Alexander for T.O.  Actually get a WR that won't drop the freakin ball...

Offline Chan Ho Nam

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 03:03:59 AM »
Quote from: Pure Racer
Seattle should give them Koren Robinson and Alexander for T.O.  Actually get a WR that won't drop the freakin ball...

Seattle would ok that trade in a second. Even though I hate Owens, he goes over the middle, and he always get seperation on the deep post and sideline routes. Plus he plays hurt. Robinson is always dinged/suspended/doesn't care, and Alexander is losing tread fast.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 08:28:08 AM »
No way. TO is the guy who gets extra yards and him not being afraid to go in the middle and battle MLBs is what makes him MVP. Dude even backtracked his comments on McNabb and contract shit. Entertaining dude but not when its detrimental to the team. His Super Bowl performance was unfuckinbelievable. :thumbsup

Offline Chan Ho Nam

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 04:36:46 AM »
So who is going to go number one this weekend? San Fran is definitely stuck with the pick, unless Ditka gets hired by someone to pull off another stupid trade ala Ricky Williams. Is it going to be Rogers or Smith? They are going to take a QB for sure. Miami is stuck too, they don't want the number 2 pick, but neither does anyone else. The best picks to have are the 8-15 spots. When someone starts to slip (Rogers, Brown, Cadillac), and some team wants them bad, that's when the trades will start flying. I hope the Cowboys can add a 3rd rounder and drop a spot or two, and still get Merriman or D. Johnson.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 05:42:26 AM »
Jerry Jones Says  They're going to drop some bank on their new picks.  And wtf with Bledsoe?  Drew Henson is making more money than him probably and all he does is hold a damn clipboard!  Just tell all the Cowboys fans here,  "We're going to use our couple million dollar rookie/ 1yr vet( maybe, 1/2 game played) and have a crappy season.  Deal with it!"  The only good things about the Cowboys are Dat Nguyen (Respect for us Asians) and the Cheerleaders.  Other than that THEY SUCK!  and Jerry Jones is SATAN!

Offline Chan Ho Nam

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 05:48:55 PM »
Let me guess...you like the Redskins, or the Packers. You talk about Satan, talk about Dan Snyder. That fucker makes Jerry Jones look like Einstein. 9 million dollar signing bonus for Brunell?? Trading Coles for S. Moss? Please, let's trade a third (this year), and next year's first and fourth, for the 25th spot in the first round, of one of the weakest draft classes in the last 10 years.
  Anyways, everyone hates the Cowboys, but I like them. It's like everyone hates the Yankees too. I've liked the cowboys from way back, and they have sucked for five out of the last six years, but I still cheer.
 Bledsoe makes more than Henson in yearly salary by the way.

Offline Chan Ho Nam

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 10:26:39 PM »
The 49ers are having contract talks with Tom Condon, so it looks like Alex Smith will be the No. 1 choice. Unless the 49ers won't give up the big cash, and they end up going for Rodgers instead because he will cost them less.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 06:00:07 AM »
No.  I hate both of those teams.  I'm like the Titans, but they're just doing bad recently.  I just hate the Cowboys, because I live here in Dallas and that's all I hear.  To be honest, I'm more of a college football fan.  The NFL is all business, while college ball is more of an intro to the biz.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfume - TOKYO GIRL