JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: CLC - Sharala

Author Topic: Charlotte Church  (Read 7259 times)

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
Charlotte Church
« on: February 21, 2006, 03:02:12 PM »
I'm not sure how many people have heard of Charlotte Church.  She's a Welsh singer who was discovered around the age of 11 and made several CDs of opera-style music up till she was about 15, and then sank without trace for a few years because she'd had enough of being pushed around by her parents.  She has the most exquisite voice and could have made it big time as an opera singer if she hadn't taken up smoking and a fairly rough lifestyle between the ages of about 16-19.  Anyway, when she was young and doing her opera thing many dirty old men online used to rave on about her boobs and stuff - she was a well-built girl even at that age - but she was in no way what any normal guy would have seen as a sex object at that stage.  Here's a couple of pics of the younger Charlotte and you'll see that she was really pretty squeaky clean.

Anyway, she has now emerged in public view again, and has completely transformed.  She about 19-20 y.o. now, and has become a rock chick.  The pics below are from the second single from her first rock-pop album.  The album is called Tissues and Issues (though the CD spine title is Crazy Chick, which is the title of the first single / second track.  The second single / first track is called "Call My Name", and there's no prizes for guessing what she wants you to be doing with her while you're calling her name!   Anyway, these pics are from the rather hot clip for that track, and I hope you enjoy them.  Be interested to know how many people ever heard of her before - she did sing for Bill Clinton once, when he was Pres.!!  Bet he'd like to see these pics now  :P

Oh, you can find the lyrics to the song here

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
Charlotte Church
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »
who hasn't heard of Charlotte Church? lol.

I actually like her better when she gives off a more wholesome and somewhat conservative image. she's still an amazing singer, but I kind of lost interest in her when she started bordering on a slutty image. but, she could just be going through "that" stage :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Charlotte Church
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 08:56:35 PM »
Yeah I have heard about her before, I always see threads about her in other celeb forums. She seems to be real freak  :wink:

Topless Charlotte:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Charlotte Church
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 09:05:47 PM »
Nip Slips!

CQ August 2005

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
Charlotte Church
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 10:49:38 PM »
Quote from: arian
who hasn't heard of Charlotte Church? lol.

I just wasn't sure - being British, I know that some UK artists are well known in the US (where I guess most members of this forum are?  or am I wrong?) and some aren't... and I figured it's been a few years since she was famous, etc...  but so far no-one in the poll has said they didn't already know her...

Quote from: arian
I actually like her better when she gives off a more wholesome and somewhat conservative image. she's still an amazing singer, but I kind of lost interest in her when she started bordering on a slutty image. but, she could just be going through "that" stage :lol:

I agree with you overall, and maybe she will come out the other side of this and do something that uses the full range of her vocal talents.  But in the meantime I can't help be fascinated (and turned on!) by her slutty nose-dive of self-indulgence.  However, if she keeps smoking at the present rate (and by her own admission it is affecting her voice already) she may have to make do with being just another rock chick.  Time will tell...

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
Charlotte Church
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 10:57:42 PM »
Quote from: Masa
Yeah I have heard about her before, I always see threads about her in other celeb forums. She seems to be real freak  :wink:

Thanks for those topless and nip slip pics - totally slutty, of course!  She hates the paparazzi, and I think it might have been in the GQ interview that went with those pics that she said how they always try to stick their cameras up her skirt to get a knicker (=panty) shot...  I haven't seen one of those though, so I guess she must keep her skirts tight round her ass, LOL!  The GQ pics are nice too, eh?  Thanks for all that, Masa - reliable as always!   :lol:

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Charlotte Church
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 11:05:36 PM »
Being in the UK of course I've heard of her.  She used to be an opera singer with an angelic voice and now she's a bit of a slapper. :lol:
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Charlotte Church
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 01:10:38 AM »
Yes. But I had no idea she became THIS!!  :w00t:

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
Charlotte Church
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 10:26:44 AM »
Quote from: ~Dan~
Being in the UK of course I've heard of her.  She used to be an opera singer with an angelic voice and now she's a bit of a slapper. :lol:

"A bit of a slapper" - a good English phrase there!  Yeah, but she can slap me around any time she likes, heh heh!  I saw the clip on "Rage" (Aussie music program) again this morning, and my eyes were once again glued to the screen, not to mention...  ok, I won't go there, LOL!  She can still sing nice, despite all the smokes  !!

Quote from: daigong
Yes. But I had no idea she became THIS!!  :w00t:

Oh yesssss, she has very much become THAT!!!   To the joy of many, though no doubt the despair of some.  I'm sure she'll get over it tho!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Charlotte Church
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 11:51:03 PM »
I still picture her as that little 12 year old with the huge voice.  It's weird for me to see her as grown up as she is now.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Charlotte Church
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 12:34:51 AM »
I've never heard of this woman...but shes hot  :jerk:

Offline Loki!

• Miki's Nonexistent Bitch
  • Member+
Charlotte Church
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 12:19:11 PM »
*cough* Voice of an ashtray. *cough*

Too hot...

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Charlotte Church
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »
I used to see her as really innocent, a bit like Britney Spears, and we all know what happened to Britney.

:lol:

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
Charlotte Church
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 03:15:39 PM »
Quote from: JFC
I still picture her as that little 12 year old with the huge voice.  It's weird for me to see her as grown up as she is now.

Totally.

ava by PlusQ (over at mm-bbs); ueda sig by Pinkosa | #1 drifoy, Tanaka Reina, and Murakami Megumi fangirl

Offline jptest

• Member+
Charlotte Church
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »
sound of she is have power,opera sound
i never listen opera before but i first listen because she

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
Charlotte Church
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 05:54:29 PM »
i've heard of her before...first from when she was like 12 and had that album come out, and more recently on the British dance music sites i go on are always talking about her

Offline dnangel

• Member+
Charlotte Church
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 08:41:16 PM »
Quote from: Masa;69903

Topless Charlotte:

wow.... how'd you get that?

i didn't recognize her, compared to her more wholesome pics. and because she doesn't seem to have makeup on.

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
Charlotte Church
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 09:28:50 PM »
Quote from: Adamu;229116
She now has her own chat show on Channel 4, it's a bit forced trying to be hip and cool with swearing etc [look at fucking me I'm charlotte church on my new fucking show I can fucking swear fuck twat cunt!!!], never liked her that much.

Yeah, and it's nice to see people being proud of their country, but her show pretty said "If you not welsh don't watch".

I like her body.

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
Re: Charlotte Church
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 09:45:51 AM »
I used to be her fans ... but not now ..... I got all of her CDs and DVDs

Offline cecelialorene

• Hello Mr. Perfect, You Met Me...
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Charlotte Church
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 02:42:18 AM »
i remember listening to her albums riding the city bus with my mom on my tape player, trying to drown out the kids from PACE[one step away from dropping out LOL] cussing.
i was so sad to find out that she was smoking. then she had 2 kids.
enchantment was my favorite of her albums :]

edit: didnt realize this thread hadn't been replied to in like three years. lol

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: CLC - Sharala