JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - It`s all too much

Author Topic: [CHI] Tang Wei 汤唯  (Read 49396 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Tang Wei 汤唯
« on: May 03, 2010, 11:36:21 PM »
Tang Wei / 汤唯

the HOT actress from Lust Caution!! and banned actress from China needs a thread!! so cute in other pix like Crossing Hennessy

Tang Wei, graduated from the Central Conservatory (option "director") in 2004, was also a model and took part in Miss Universe chinese selection. She appeared on stage, on scene (for the musical Che Guevara) and on television.

She became famous with the series Police station swallows (警花燕子) in 2005, directed by Zhang Jing, where she co stars with Tao Hong. For this series the two actresses won an intepretation award at the Hundred Flowers Festival 2006.

VTL (may 2007)

English name: Rebecca
Profession: Actress
Date of Birth: 1979-Oct-07
Birthplace: Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Height: 172cm
Weight: 52kg
Blood type: A

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia

Filmography
 Dynamic Angel 2011      
Founding Of The Party 2011      
Wu Xia   2011   
 Crossing Hennessy 2009   
 Lust, Caution 2007

51st London Film Festival: Lust, Caution Premiere 10-20-2007

scenes from Lust, Caution, armpit hair  :drool:

corbis

34th Hong Kong International Film Festival Opening Night March 21, 2010

Audrey October/November 2007

Cosmo February 2008

25ans March 2008

Vanity Fair (US) March 2008

Vogue (Taiwan) April 2008

W (Korea) July 2008

cafe daum

Elle Hong Kong April 2010

Vogue China June 2010, photos by Peter Lindbergh

^ eta: THE THREAD!! split/mixed from General Chinese movie thread so :P

Tang Wei to Play Teresa Teng    
2010-05-03 16:19:46     CRIENGLISH.com      Web Editor: zhucheng

Director Ang Lee revealed that Teresa Teng's family has authorized him to put Teresa Teng's story on the silver screen, and Lee has chosen renowned mainland actress Tang Wei to play Teresa Teng, M1905.com reports.

According to M1905.com, Teng's family says Tang Wei has a very similar face and temperament to Teresa Teng, and they consider Tang Wei to be the only actress who could play Teng. The family has signed a contract with the investment company Polybona.

Although Lee is busy with another film this year, Polybona said they will wait until he is available to work on the project.

May 8, 2010, is the 15th anniversary of the death of Taiwan super star singer Teresa Teng. She passed away in Thailand due to asthma in 1995.

In the 15 years since her death, film producers from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan have been trying to put Teresa Teng's story on the silver screen, but all have failed to get authorization from her family until recently.

There have been other works in memory of Teresa Teng, like director Peter Chan's "Comrades, Almost a Love Story," in which Teng's song made a young couple fall in love. Hong Kong singer Faye Wong has also made records of all Teng's songs.

--

too good...finally immortalized. Her song "Moon Represents my Heart" is so universal

Learn more about her in the Asian Music Entertainment section: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=24996.0
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:34:45 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Tang Wei 汤唯
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 04:03:48 AM »
Chinese actress Tang Wei visited Korea last month

Hit film "Lust, Caution" heroine Tang Wei was belatedly known to have visited Korea last month.

The Chinese actress flew into Korea to take part in post-production work for a remake of Korean film "Manchu" co-starring Hyun Bin, but her visit was kept mum from the public.

Tang Wei also did not meet with Hyun Bin since their work schedules did not coincide, according to an official at Hyun Bin's agency.

Tang Wei had visited Korea at the end of last year as well to discuss her appearance in the movie directed by Kim Tae-yong who won several international awards for his 2006 film "Family Ties".

"Manchu", first released in 1966 by legendary Korean filmmaker Lee Man-hee, is a classic Korean film that has spawned three remakes over the years: "Promise of the Body" in 1975, "Manchu" in 1981 and Japanese movie "Promise" in 1972.

The story is about a brief, passionate love between a well-behaved female prisoner out on special leave and a fugitive man.

The remake, co-produced with an American production company, was shot in the U.S. and filmed in English.

It has been invited to this year's Toronto International Film Festival to be held from September 9 to 19.

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

source: http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010081223075006838

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 10:58:53 AM »
Tang Wei to Drive Racing Car in New Movie with Han Jae-seok    
2010-09-29 14:10:04     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Duanlei

"Lust, Caution" actress Tang Wei has signed up to join Hong Kong director Jingle Ma's new film, "Race Car" ("Sai Che"), in which she will star as a race car driver, QQ.com reports.

Tang Wei plays the role of a taxi driver who rigorously trains herself to be a professional race car driver. During the course of her training, she falls in love with her coach. In addition to the love story, the film follows Tang as she takes on a group of professional drivers from Japan and other countries.

South Korean actor Han Jae Suk (한재석), who gained popularity in China for the TV series "All about Eve", will star as Tang's coach in the film.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:09:25 AM »
^ Lol it's all about Category IV man! :sheep love:

Chinese movies repping over in Korea!  :thumbsup

Tang Wei's "heart races" at thought of “Late Autumn”

From left, Chinese actress Tang Wei, Korean director Kim Tae-yong and Korean actor Hyun Bin pose during a photocall of the press conference for film "Late Autumn" held at the Cultural Hall in Centum City's Shinsegae Department Store in Busan, South Korea on October 8, 2010. [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

Chinese actress Tang Wei has said that “Late Autumn,” her collaboration with Korean actor Hyun Bin, is a film that makes her “heart race.”

The starlet of Venice’s Golden Lion award-winning pic “Lust, Caution” made the remark at a press conference for “Late Autumn” on Friday in Busan, where the pic is being screened as a Gala Presentation at the ongoing 15th Pusan International Film Festival (PIFF).

“’Late Autumn’ is a very exciting film which makes my heart race. There are certain things that still pop into my mind when I think of my character,” the 31-year-old actress said of the film.

She further explained, “Those of you who have watched the movie will know but ‘Late Autumn’ is a very delicate piece so I decided to appear in it because I thought it would be a challenging film as well my role being one that I very much wanted to play since it’s a classic masterpiece.”

In the English-language remake of a 1960s Korean film of the same name by director Lee Man-hee, Tang Wei plays a Chinese woman on a 72-hour leave from a prison after being jailed for killing her abusive husband.

During that brief time, she falls in love with a Korean man, the role taken by Hyun Bin, whom she encounters on a bus on her way to Seattle. The man is a gigolo who is constantly on the run from being chased by the husband of the woman he is having an affair with.

While Tang Wei admitted the language barrier made it difficult to work with her co-star despite it being another one of the main reasons she took on “Late Autumn,” she said she “came across the powerful realization that the eyes, mouth and even the hands and feet are all speaking.”

Director Kim Tae-yong remarked happily that such an obstacle between the two actors worked better with the film because they had to read each other’s eyes to play their roles which helped reinforce the image of two strangers falling in love. "It helped them express their emotions with more delicacy," he quipped.

Tang Wei, 31, has pointed to making a full-fledged return to the big screen -- her Cantonese romance "Crossing Hennessy" was released in April this year and she has been cast as Mao Zedung's girlfriend in a propaganda movie marking the 90th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party next year.

"Lust, Caution," Ang Lee's espionage thriller, placed her onto international stardom but also into a two-year hiatus in China due to her sexually explicit scenes in the movie.

Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

source: http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010101102330446344

*SNIP*
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:35:31 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:51:15 PM »
^^ no Bruce Lee movies in the Top 5? Fucking Fail List :tama-mad:

Tang Wei with her clothes on with Korean actor Hyun Bin in Korean Vogue Magazine March 2011

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:53:22 AM »
CONGRATS!!! here she is on the red carpet for the 47th Baeksang Arts Award on May 26  held at Kyung Hee University in Seoul. Tang Wei won Best Female Actress for her role in Late Autumn. TANG WEI TAKING OVER KOREA!

Tang Wei appearing for a TV brand in South Korea. Tang Wei was unfazed by news that her name was not among the 109 actors listed in the official cast list released for The Founding of a Party. Over 170 actors were originally cast but many were left on the cutting room floor. Director Huang Jianxin called them the 'unsung heroes' and apologized to them. An 18 minute clip of their scenes would be posted on the internet as compensation to them.

(May 20) The cast of Wu Xia met with the press in Beijing to promote Peter Chan's Wu Xia.

Host TV presenter Cui Yongyuan teased Tang Wei. He said, "You always seem a little nervous because the press always ask you about old problems. Rest assured, I will not, I am CCTV, we very strictly controlled." Tang Wei was amused and did not know how to respond. Cui asked her to relax.

Also some pix of them in Cannes promoting, with Donnie Yen, Takeshi Kaneshiro and Sandra Ng.

Watched Crossing Hennessy 2010 with Jacky Cheung and Tang Wei.

Really cute and amusing, not over sugary romcom, with some really thoughtful messages. Tang Wei plays a girl who gets dragged into being set up on dates with her uncle's fellow clients, neighborhood baht pohs.

but this is different, there's the weird off the wall Jacky Cheung. He likes books and mysteries, and he CAN MAKE HER LAUGH. Ain't that the most important thing of all?

They on different sides of Hennessy Road, the busy shops and nightlife vs the government boring section. Will their lives ever cross?? OF COURSE. but not in the syruppy way you'd imagine.

Problem she has a bf in jail who has an anger management problem lol

and her uncle wants her to dump him but she's TORN

she can't keep supporting him in court ....

while Jacky is making her happy

with a fantasy twist too, with Gill Mohindepaul Singh aka Kiu Bo Bo (喬寶寶) like he keeps appearing and disappearing in his dellusional moments.

She ends up waiting for the man she really loves............aww  :heart:

Great ending. Not like some kinda Meg Ryan-Tom Hanks bullshit.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 10:21:54 AM »
CONGRATS BABY!!!!

Tang Wei First Crowned Best Actress on Mainland     
2011-06-17 15:31:15     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Tian

Actress Tang Wei won best actress award for her role in romance comedy, "Crossing Hennessy" at the 11th Chinese Film Media Awards in Macao Thursday night, the first title bestowed on her from the Chinese mainland.

Tang was excited about this recognition, said she was grateful for her first best actress award at home, and plans to stay grounded; one will then have a longer life in acting, according to an article on ifeng.com.

The controversial Chinese actress won her first award of Best Actress from South Korea at the Paeksang Arts Awards this May in Seoul, for her performance in "Late Autumn" co-starring Korean heartthrob Hyun Bin.

She was nominated for best actress award at the 30th Hong Kong Film Awards this April and the 47th Golden Horse Film Awards in Taiwan last November for "Crossing Hennessy" but didn't win.

Tang Wei reached overnight fame for her role in Ang Lee's 2007 explicit film, "Lust, Caution" and then suffered a nosedive in career for her controversial performance in the film.

When people saw her again, it was in 2010 when Ivy Ho's romance drama, "Crossing Hennessy," co-starring Tang Wei and Hong Kong singer-actor Jacky Cheung hit cinemas on the Chinese mainland.

The actress joined the cast of tribute film, "The Founding of a Party" in which she plays Mao Zedong's first girlfriend, but her scenes were later cut.

When asked how to deal with the stumbles when she received the award Thursday night, the actress replied, that's not a big deal. Just do your best in each role.

Comedian Ge You was another winner who pocketed best actor award for his role in Jiang Wen's blockbuster, "Let the Bullets Fly."

The highest-grossing domestic film "Let the Bullets Fly" led the pack with three other awards including "best director" for Jiang Wen.

The Chinese Film Media Awards is one of the mainland's most prestigious movie awards. It is organized by Southern Metropolitan Daily and with support from the Macao SAR Government. It is the first time for the award ceremony to be held in Macao.

coming up next! WUXIA Extended trailer:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 09:30:57 AM »

Tang Wei has a "Mother and Son" reunion

The Peter Chan Ho Sun directed, Donnie Yen Chi Tan, Takeshi Kaneshiro (Gum Sing Mo) and Tang Wei starred WU XIA yesterday held a Beijing press conference. Gum Sing Mo's Sichuan dialect became the entire film's funny and bright spot.

Gum Sing Mo apologized for his less than accurate Sichuan dialect. "I wasn't fluent and no one understood me, I am truly sorry. This was a very huge challenge for me in this film." Tang Wei in the film played a village lady. She did not have much screen time or many lines. When she saw the child actor Xiao Tian who played her son in the film suddenly appeared, she was so excited that she shed tears. Xiao Tian not only wished "Mama" would return to Yunnan where he would cook roast meat for "Mama". He also asked, "When would I have a little brother?"

Chan Ho Sun gave high recognition to Tang Wei's performance. He said that he recognized Tang Wei's performance from CROSSING HENNESSY (YUET MOON HIN NEI SI) so I asked her to perform. The originally minor role due to Tang Wei's very outstanding performance finally added her screen time at the end of the film.

Source: takungpao, singtao, on.cc
Translated by: hktopten

fuck she's so pretty

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 08:36:20 AM »
Donnie Yen praises Tang Wei as better than Lynn Xiong

Donnie Yen Chi Tan and Tang Wei earlier appeared on a Mainland site Sohu to discuss the Peter Chan Ho Sun directed WU XIA. Playing a couple with Lynn Xiong (Hung Doi Lam) and Tang Wei, how would he rate these two "wives"? He stated, "Hung Doi Lam is a little taller than Tang Wei, but Tang Wei's performance was more than a little better than Hung Doi Lam's." Yen Chi Tan said, Tang Wei very obviously was a very excellent actress. No matter whether they would have a chance to work on another action film, working with her on this film her concentration and professionalism were unforgettable for him.

In addition, Tang Wei while making WU had to wear wet clothing everyday. For continuity she had to wear it for 10 to 20 hours. Aside from acting, she also had to have endurance. Thus Chi Tan praised Tang Wei and looked forward to working with her on another action film with him as the action director.

Source: singtao

SHE SO HOT.

pimpin all over the place

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 09:49:45 AM »
OMG I'VE STILL ONLY SEEN HER IN LUST, CAUTION BUT HOW FLAWLESS IS THIS WOMAN OMG :heart:

I think I had no idea that she has a thread :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 12:12:28 AM »
OMG I'VE STILL ONLY SEEN HER IN LUST, CAUTION BUT HOW FLAWLESS IS THIS WOMAN OMG :heart:

I think I had no idea that she has a thread :lol:

YOU BET ROFFLE. I only subtlety bump or talk about it in IRC, I guess you think me and Masa were just talking about pubes.

This movie gonna be HUGE. Holding her own with Donnie

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »
lol scene from "Wu Xia" aka Swordsmen ...GET IT ASSHOLE!! Tang Wei is like making condoms:

and Donnie Yen is like "Dude, I don't wanna smell like fish bladdahzzz" :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 07:14:27 AM »
Tang Wei in Marie Claire

with Wang Lee Hom lol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 10:22:53 AM »
Speed Angels aka 极速天使

the new Chinese film provides a glimpse at the twisted relationships that exist between the protagonists - three female car racers, portrayed by Tang Wei, Rene Liu and Cecilia Cheung. BRAND NEW TAILER!!

The film, directed by Jingle Ma and produced by Enlight Pictures, will open in Chinese cinemas on December 28.

Other stars among the cast include Jimmy Lin and Han Jae-Suk, Kitamura Kazuki, Chie Tanaka.

Peep the MV!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »
INTENSE!!! I bet she grabs balls in this scene too:

Tang Wei fulfills action Actress dream

Tang Wei in the film SPEED ANGEL (GIK CHOOK TIN SI) played a taxi driver Siu Yi who loved to drive fast. She was also very trained in kung fu as she was able to fight one against four. She was very happy about displaying her abilities on the big screen for the first time to make up for WU XIA not fulfilling her "action actress" dream.

Tang Wei received her on screen mother Cheng Pei Pei's kung fu training. She learned wholeheartedly and personally performed fight scenes. Despite all the bruises and pain she was fine, she only hoped that no one would be too picky while watching.

In the film opening she had a fierce fight scene and had to use Tai Chi. Tang Wei said that each time she was on the set, the director would change the way they fought and she would go back to learn the new style; later she realized that the director wanted to challenge her limits. After completion she had a special sense of accomplishment. Cheng Pei Pei also praised her, "Tang Wei has hope to become a new style heroine!"

Source: Mingpao, on.cc

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Tang Wei 汤唯 and Han Jae-Suk (한재석) demonstrates drifting
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 07:37:44 AM »
Tang Wei demonstrates drifting

The Jingle Ma Chor Sing directed inspirational women's racing film SPEED ANGELS (GIK CHOOK TIN SI) will open in Hong Kong on January 5th. Tang Wei in the film had a touching romance with racing coach Tang Wei in the film played a taxi driver who the Han Jae-Suk discovered racing coach discovered and recruited into the Chinese racing team. Tang Wei in the opening already had a very exciting car chase that she had to demonstrate drifting in. Racing coach Jimmy Lin said that Tang Wei was truly a ferocious driver. When she ran into any obstacle, she stepped on the gas pedal instead of the brake -- a response of a professional driver's potential. Tang Wei pointed out that the character was like her when she was little.

In the story Han Jae-Suk trained Tang Wei into a professional driver, they grew closer but Han Jae-Suk promised "a coach could not fall in love with a driver". Tang Wei was anxious and ran into a truck. Han Jae-Suk rushed to the scene and took her to the hospital. Despite of injury Tang Wei still competed. Director Ma Chor Sing hoped that the audience would become Tang Wei and for everyone to see how she raced from last place. In the past year, everyone had stress, laughter and tears. He made this film for viewers to have fun and speed into the new year.

Source: Takungpao, on.cc

XXXTENDED scenes!

and presser

and in the new Cosmo 01/12 :inlove: her canto is real good!

article: http://www.cosmopolitan.com.hk/lifestyle/entertainment/cover-tang-wei

SO GLAM :wub:

more interview! http://www.hicosmo.com/star/interview/201111/22244.shtml

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
Eager Tang Wei Follows Her Star    
2012-03-02 10:02:05     China Daily       Web Editor: Sun

Tang Wei's latest film has picked up 10 awards in South Korea.

Called Late Autumn, she plays a prisoner who falls in love with a man she encounters during a three-day leave from jail.

She is the only foreign actress to win a best actress award at the 47th Baeksang Arts Awards in 2011.

The film is Tang's fourth major screen work, after she rose to stardom leading Ang Lee's controversial Lust, Caution, in 2007.

The explicit sex scenes with Hong Kong veteran Tony Leung are rumored to be the reason why she disappeared from mainland screens for two years.

She went to London to study theater and improve her English for one year, which helps her performance in Late Autumn, as almost half the lines are in English.

The film was shot mainly in Seattle, where the two lead characters meet. They fall in love, but do not quite know each other. Tang's Anna is a woman who has to return to prison after three days, and South Korean star Hyun Bin's role is that of a professional womanizer.

Tang loves her character, because she is so different from her real self, she says.

"I wear what I feel on my face - all my friends know that - but the character conceals her feelings after many frustrations in life," she says.

It was a challenging role to portray. Even with Hyun's character in an amusement park, Tang had to wear a poker face. Director Kim Tae-yong would shout at her to raise the corners of her mouth a little.

"It killed me, because dodgems are my favorite amusement park ride," she says. "I tried to control every jolly jumping cell."

She says she appreciates the experience because she learned the power of hiding an actor's emotions when necessary.

She was a bit surprised to find that the film could become so popular in South Korea. Her English-language speech at the Baeksang Arts Awards was also widely praised by media.

"Maybe I should open a language school there," she jokes.

In her spare time in Seattle, she wandered the streets, talking to people at secondhand fairs and food markets.

She asked her Chinese friends to leave her alone, so she could be as close to the local language and culture as possible.

"One of the best things in an actress' life is traveling to different places to learn their culture and get to know the people," she says. "I spent one year in London, but that was not enough. I even want to study at the South Pole, maybe to learn something from penguins."

The film will premiere on the mainland on March 23.

Peep the Chinese trailer, co-stars  Hyun Bin

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:25:20 AM by daigong »

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 09:28:16 AM »
Tang Wei Sings "Late Autumn" Theme   
  2012-03-16 13:58:05     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Duanlei

Chinese actress Tang Wei will sing the theme song for the film "Late Autumn" (Wan Qiu), her latest collaboration with South Korean actor Hyun Bin. This marks Tang's first foray into a singing career.

Tang Wei not only invited a professional teacher to coach her, but also went to South Korea to record the song.

"It's a charming process for me to be able to sing for the movie," said the actress.
The lyrics were written by famed Hong Kong songwriter Lin Xi, who has written many popular pieces for singers like Faye Wong, Eason Chan and Leslie Cheung.

A music video was released on March 16, Friday, and it offers audiences a preview of the coming movie, which will be released on March 23.

WHAT DEDICATION TO THE CRAFT!!! :bow:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 06:31:16 AM »
so happy for her, what comes around goes around. She back in Mainland premiere press conference for "Late Autumn" in Beijing.

so bubbly :heart:

via http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/p/2012-03-22/17093587710.shtml

eta:

so many magazines...in 《外滩画报》 magazine
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:31:49 AM by Assman »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong