JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - How Dare You

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 570544 times)

Offline Scatterbrain

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2011, 05:55:19 AM »
Hello. I was just joking about what it would be like if PASSPO's next single was set up like an AKB single (I guess what I wrote would only make sense to someone who knew both groups well :P).

PASSPO is a 10 member group and despite noticeable differences in talent level and popularity, all ten members are treated as equals and appear in every single. On the other hand in AKB48, only the top 13 or so (out of 48) get to participate in a single (and they are selected based on stuff like fan voting, jan-ken-pon, or just whoever management wants to push). Therefore my joke was that for this single only 10 members of PASSPO would get to participate, but of course there are only 10 members to begin with. I was also joking that their next song would be a ballad, but PASSPO doesn't do ballads (they only have one ballad, "Sakura Iro", and it is rarely sung in concert). Therefore it is highly unlikely that their next single will be a ballad.

I hope that answered your question :), although now that I've had to explain the joke twice I feel like a dork XD

HAHAHA

Thanks! :D
Idols, idols everywhere >.<

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2011, 06:39:44 AM »
Passpo after school version ... that means seifukus

ps: guess who is missing

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2011, 06:45:58 AM »
PASSPO's movie High Tension ☆ Please was scheduled to come out in two weeks, but Universal Music decided to cancel the release. I was really looking forward to it *sigh*. The movie looked funny, well-made, and educational. Most importantly it was Mako-chan's first movie! :cry:

When the movie was being made they were always blogging about how much fun it was to make. It sucks that so few people got to watch it. The movie was screened only four times in one movie theater in Tokyo and now will never be seen or heard from ever again.

All we have are the trailer, the movie poster, and this really small pic.

We'll never know why Makoto is holding a machine gun and Sako was just a cardboard cut-out. And the movie poster was going to be a bonus item included with the first press. I really wanted that poster XD.

ps: guess who is missing
I guessed Kaho, what do I win? :P

That was the second of three concerts that had to do that day. And they had two concerts the day before. That's like a professional sports team playing five matches in two days. You can tell they were conserving energy because of that. I'm glad they are back to doing just two concerts a month, now they can go all out.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:54:34 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline pigmin0239

• Member+
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »
^^Are they going to challenge AKB? :lol: Love them wore this outfit :wub:

^It's a bad news, I'm just watch the trailer, and that movie seems really fun

Pic of the day:

Wanna buy one! But the price is too high, i think i can't afford it :banghead:

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »
Are you still thinking about seeing them? I won't be able to go to Japan in October because of exams that week, so I'll have to go to the November 19 concert. They are also doing a show on November 5 at Universal Studios Japan with Idoling (and other groups). Although I love Idoling, I've already seen them twice, and would prefer a real PASSPO flight.

The Mecha-mecha special airs today in Japan. Pics from Mio and Makoto's blogs:

I noticed none of the other member's posted any pics of the festival, not even Shiori who loves sports. I wonder if it was just the m&m's that participated.

On the set of Cheerfu11y.

In Nagoya after their handshake event last week.

From a photoshoot Ai and Sako did a couple weeks ago.

Mio's Sketch Book Part 2™​

m&m's "Pics of the week"™​

Preview pics from this months Young Magazine... and Mio looking :cry:

Because I was Bored™​
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:07:08 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline pigmin0239

• Member+
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »
^Yeah, but i'm just in the planning stage, i  don't even get my passport yet(the real one, not passpo one) :banghead:
Question time again, how long does a live last? 1 hour? 1.5 or 2 hours? It's an important thing to me, because if it last too long, it will interupt my planning....

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2011, 09:29:28 PM »
For a full concert about 1.5 hours or longer. They do 12-14 songs and then encores. There are also breaks where some of the members do their own thing, like the m&m's might dance to an anime song,  Kaho and Naomi might do an embarrassing rap, and Sako and Anna might do a dance also.

When I saw them they did 16 songs (14 songs + 1st encore + 2nd encore, they changed outfits for each encore) and it lasted more than 1.5 hours. Pre-dia was the opening act and they did 4 songs, which added about 25 minutes. Pre-dia opening is always an epic win. I think 1.5-2 hours is a good estimate. 

Then there is the handshake event that is optional and you can be waiting in line for 1-2 hours if you are at the end. Well, the line will probably be shorter for the November concert, since there is less capacity.

If you have to leave early to do something else, you can exit the venue at anytime, you just won't be able to return. You could come back for the handshake event though, since that is usually open to anyone as long as they have a ticket.

Offline pigmin0239

• Member+
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2011, 10:09:45 PM »
^Thanks for your details breifing! I think i should change my plan, i was planned to see them on last day of my 5days trip, but due to they push their departure time to 13:30, and Delta flight(the airline i may choose) also push  their departure time to 18:30(19:15 at first), i think 5hours is not enough for me to watch a concert and then go to the airport, i'm not just only watch the live, but handshaking, 2shot, etc...too XD

someone has been uploaded the mecha mecha sp

I feel sad that they are one of the group who had the least scene time:(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:26:17 PM by pigmin0239 »

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2011, 04:08:55 AM »
Hehe, Ninety-nine joked that Sako was the group's manager.

I thought the show was going to be an athletic competition, but the events were just running to a stick and sumo wrestling. I guess I had higher expectations from mecha-mecha.

PASSPO's specialty isn't variety shows. Personally I'm fine with that because variety shows suck, but if they are going to keep doing them, then they'll have to improve. Right now PASSPO is like Zangief from Street Fighter. They are hardcore and kick ass, but when Zangief goes on variety shows, he's awkward and out of his element.

There are subtle things they can do to improve, for instance Yuki was standing in the front during their intros. Yuki's a giant, and giants go in the back. She was covering up all of the other members. Makoto and Mio should be in the front since they are the face of the group and that allows the other members to be visible. 

I'll try to keep my opninons in check for the sumo event, since when it comes to PASSPO (and Shiori) I can be super-hardcore 8): I was surprised that Shiori lost the sumo competition to a 14 year old. And to a member of Super Girls at that. Whether it was staged or not, I didn't like that she let the girl push her down, even if she did start it. I know it's a silly show, but that pissed me off waaay more than it should have XD. And the sumo platform looked too slick, they needed to be on solid ground and take off their shoes. Shiori lost because she slipped/ rant.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2011, 06:10:03 AM »
Hehe, Ninety-nine joked that Sako was the group's manager.

I thought the show was going to be an athletic competition, but the events were just running to a stick and sumo wrestling. I guess I had higher expectations from mecha-mecha.

PASSPO's specialty isn't variety shows. Personally I'm fine with that because variety shows suck, but if they are going to keep doing them, then they'll have to improve. Right now PASSPO is like Zangief from Street Fighter. They are hardcore and kick ass, but when Zangief goes on variety shows, he's awkward and out of his element.

There are subtle things they can do to improve, for instance Yuki was standing in the front during their intros. Yuki's a giant, and giants go in the back. She was covering up all of the other members. Makoto and Mio should be in the front since they are the face of the group and that allows the other members to be visible. 

I'll try to keep my opninons in check for the sumo event, since when it comes to PASSPO (and Shiori) I can be super-hardcore 8): I was surprised that Shiori lost the sumo competition to a 14 year old. And to a member of Super Girls at that. Whether it was staged or not, I didn't like that she let the girl push her down, even if she did start it. I know it's a silly show, but that pissed me off waaay more than it should have XD. And the sumo platform looked too slick, they needed to be on solid ground and take off their shoes. Shiori lost because she slipped/ rant.
qwiksXnd san, I can understand how you feel, with that many groups on at one time, it is hard for one group to get much attention, and even such details, as how you have the members line up, can give that extra edge. Not having devoted much time to PASSPO, their appearance in this show made me want to see more of them, because I thought they were interesting when they did get time. I am a big fan of Berryz Koubo, S/mileage, and I think the decision by the producers to make Momo the main attention girl of the H!P members probably makes sense, but I wish there had been a bit more time for some of the other members.
The big positive of this kind of show is that it advertises the fact that there a  lot of other talented groups and individuals other than AKB48. AKB48 is drawing a lot of new fans, but when they do want to learn more about the idol scene, there are lots of other groups out there....

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2011, 06:58:01 AM »
why was sdn48 there?... maybe is just because all ***48 are the same for me that... oh and ebisu muscats without shorts was mean (even if they are av girls)

anyways i can't believe that Anna couldn't make it :\ oh and that supergirl pushing shiori was so sad ;_; ... oh and idoling!!! declaring passpo as their rivals was kinda cool (not like BK that found their biggest rival in momoko)

ps: girls are winning fans in a good way (if that means something) but please 5 shows in 2 days was just mean (bad, manager, bad)

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2011, 08:55:30 AM »
I think it can be complicated to watch TV shows like this because when your favorite groups are involved, you want them to be seen in a positive way, and sometimes it just doesn't work out. It's like, "Oh cool, my favorite group will be on TV with a bunch of other groups. Now all of the fans of those groups will see how great my favorite group is and they'll definitely be converted!" But then you read comments from those fans after the show and realize that they just weren't into your group, and it's because they were too busy being into theirs.

Four of my favorite groups were involved PASSPO, Idoling, Fudanjuku (although they were on the show as the much less cool Nakano Fujoshi Sisters) and SDN48. The only group that I like that was missing was Afilia Saga East. Even though a lot of my favorites were present, the whole time I was like "PASSPO KILL THEM ALL!" :twisted:. Jk, it wasn't exactly like that, but I was put in a position where I was rooting against some of my favorite groups, and I'm sure other fans of other group were in a similar position.

I'll paraphrase what I wrote on the Idoling board:
Tokyo Idol Festival is about portraying all idol groups in a positive way. The different groups get to interact and collaborate with other groups on stage, and they get to host their own events in a respectful way (there aren't any variety show "comedians" who think it's cool to embarrass and ridicule idols for cheap laughs). And because the event is so positive, the fans are much more open minded towards the groups they normally wouldn't have been exposed to.

On the other hand competitions on variety shows are unavoidably negative. The groups are pitted against each other in competitions that don't involve skill, idols are embarrassed by the hosts, and fans get defensive because we take our groups seriously. If your idol group does well it's like "That's right, this show just proved what I knew all along: we're the best!". If your group did poorly, "This show was biased. If this was a beauty contest or a singing competition we would have won easily". It just results in pointless negativity between fans.

I guess I'm just against idols competing with each other. I like it a lot more when they collaborate.

anyways i can't believe that Anna couldn't make it :\ oh and that supergirl pushing shiori was so sad ;_; ... oh and idoling!!! declaring passpo as their rivals was kinda cool (not like BK that found their biggest rival in momoko)

ps: girls are winning fans in a good way (if that means something) but please 5 shows in 2 days was just mean (bad, manager, bad)
Yeah, I was disappointed that Anna didn't make that jump. She is smart and athletic, she just went about it wrong. There is a technique that allows you to jump way higher, you just have to jump with your back to the bar and then bring up your legs. If you try to hurdle over it from the front, your leg is going to hit the bar every time. That's why the other girl won, she was the only one who did it correctly.

Yeah, I think they were pushed too hard and their schedule contributed to Kaho getting injured. Their next single comes out next month, they'll probably go easier on the promotion this time.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:17:35 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2011, 05:32:38 PM »
what i didn't like about the show waas the cast fo girls, they over exposed SDN as expected and ebisu muscats next to my s/mileage was a big no for me ;_; also i wonder if the sumo ring was very "solid" i think it hurted bad.... anyway i'm glad that ASE didn't participate, i don't think physical comedy fts them at all plus i doubt they are that "famous" compared to the other groups. oh and do you know why the ebisu muscats started to cry so much?

i was thinking if they split the girls in the cases of too thight schedules... but since is always better to perform with the full band then plz manager-san take more care fo the girls.

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2011, 09:44:26 PM »
At last nights concert they debuted two new songs, Kisu=Suki and Hello.

New costumes

Mio "Pic of the Week"
I randomly found another interesting pic of Mio with their choreographer XD

In case you missed the first one from several months ago:

oh and do you know why the ebisu muscats started to cry so much?
Crying is pretty much a guaranteed way for an idol to get on camera. I'm not positive, but I think one of the girls in ebisu muscats was trying to cry and then Okamura pointed out "Hey, tears aren't coming out".  So after the ebisu muscat girl lost at sumo all of the girls cried (it's just a gag though to get camera time). And the original girl still couldn't cry. I don't follow the group but she was funny.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:03:26 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2011, 02:05:44 AM »

I was re-watching the video that shurastriker posted last week, and noticed Kaho's shoes were placed at the back of the stage. That's kind of like how athletes write a players # on their jersey or shoes if they're missing.

I like how they remember to involve the members that aren't able to participate, like when Kaho was again absent when they did a show at the Toyota theme park in Odaiba, but she was able to do MC from offstage.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:42 PM »
previous dissapeared... surely this will be deleted too

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2011, 07:49:05 PM »
Nice Appearance by Passpo☆ , the various members are developing great confidence during talk session. And props to Becky, she is really becoming very good at interview. She takes a different approach than many of the male hosts, which makes her stand out.

Offline pigmin0239

• Member+
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »
At last nights concert they debuted two new songs, Kisu=Suki and Hello.

New costumes

The left one is Makoto, and the right one is Sakoti :?

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2011, 10:22:54 PM »
^^ I like Becky too. She's funny, cute, and she's good at making the guests feel comfortable, mitai naa. It's also cool that LIVE B lets the artists do the entire song, and not a 2 minute version.

New costumes

The left one is Makoto, and the right one is Sakoti :?
Makoto and Mio :).

At that concert they also celebrated Ai's birthday. She wore a white ballerina outfit with a tiara and of course everyone had white glowsticks.

Pre-dia News
I don't feel like bumping the pre-dia thread, but their third single is titled "Honey B" and will be released on 11/23.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - How Dare You