JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Luminous Orange - How High

Author Topic: A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (2011)  (Read 5323 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (2011)
« on: July 02, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
Harold & Kumar are back!!

Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg have announced plans to write and direct a third Harold & Kumar film, Greg Shapiro will return as producer with Kal Penn and John Cho expected to return in their title roles. In April 2009, Kal Penn accepted the position of Associate Director of the White House Office of Public Liaison in the Obama administration.

It has been confirmed that actor Kal Penn will leave his job with the White House to reprise his role as Kumar in the third Harold & Kumar installment. The film, originally expected to be released in November 2010, is to be filmed in June 2010 with an expected release date in the 2011 holiday season.

SPOILERS

Weighing in at 119 pages, Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg's screenplay (dated January 22, 2010) finds Harold and Kumar in their 30s and no longer on speaking terms (at script's beginning, it's been a long time since they've seen each other). Harold is a married, drug-free, Wall Street executive who lives in a home that looks "more like a house in a Nancy Myers movie than the man-cave he shared with Kumar"; Kumar is single, still lives in the man-cave, and has recently had his medical license suspended for smoking marijuana. The pair are reunited when a package intended for Harold arrives at their old apartment and Kumar delivers it to his house. While there, in a pot-related mishap, Kumar burns down a Christmas tree grown special by Harold's father-in-law, requiring the two to strike out in search of a replacement.

Neil Patrick Harris will also return for the film.

source: http://blog.angryasianman.com/2010/06/your-harold-and-kumar-update.html

Official site
IMDB

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (2011)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 08:43:24 PM »
it ain't a Harold & Kumar movie without NPH! ^_^
word.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »
Wheee. I haven't seen the second one, but I loved the first, so I'm looking forward to this. =D (Unless if the second sucked. :lol:)

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 06:48:51 AM »
2nd one was just as awesome as the first =)
word.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »
Already looking forward to this one  XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 06:59:44 AM »
Totally Mocha. NPH :bow:

Wheee. I haven't seen the second one, but I loved the first, so I'm looking forward to this. =D (Unless if the second sucked. :lol:)

Peep the thread with the glowing reviews XD http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=13386.0

HOLY SHIT!! Look at the cast additions:
Danny Trejo and Thomas Lennon bring cheer to a Harold and Kumar Christmas

We already know the big three of Kal Penn, John Cho and the NPH are returning for their career uh, defining roles in A VERY HAROLD AND KUMAR CHRISTMAS, but now the rest of the cast is rounding out and sadly, it is still devoid of any notable good looking females so far

source: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=32904

Offline wateva

• ecchi
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 07:34:39 AM »
Can't wait. Loved the first movie, 2nd movie wasn't as good (Probably I wasn't in the high mood while watching it).

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 07:36:17 AM »
FUCK YOU!! This coming out November 4, 2011 AND IN 3D!  :rofl:

LMAO NPH

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 10:27:09 AM »
LMFAO went watched it the other day. pretty sappy and weird, cuz it takes place like 6 years later - and Harold and Kumar are like avoiding each other, Harold trying to move up in the world while Kumar is a massive slacker after being kicked out of med school, lol even taking part in The Beard Struggle.

Kinda sad to see em apart, and Harold being such a dick just cuz he wants to impress Maria's family...but not because he has to, cuz he WANTS to. Nice line lol

Though, the best part is always - Maria :fap

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!1

but a huge ass joint brings em together!!

LOL so much bromance and it really wrapped in well in the end. Just a hint of the past 2, like a White Castle moment and NPH pretending to be gay, explaining why he lives :lol: LMFAO at him being a drug addict

Overall, hilarious gags it'll make you flinch good and you can always count on this franchise to be dem really great buddy pic for those who have best buddies who have grown apart, you really never that far apart when u just roll it, light it, smoke it. At first the extra friends for Harold and Kumar (gawd hated Harold's buddy esp. and his stupid baby, but guess it worked out in the end kid got ecstasy'd coked up and more XD) and Kumar's description of how to steal the tree at the church was TOO GOOD like nuns showering :rofl:

LMFAO RZA Cameo. You must watch. RZA in Cosby Sweater. You fuckin lost your gangsta grill! How you gonna be a gangsta if you lose  your grill? so bromanitc .
  :rofl:

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 10:20:39 AM »
hehe, forgot to mention that i saw this!

story was hokey, and i feel its a little tamer than the first 2. But overall, it was still pretty awesome! The 3D was actually really really good!

Oh Maria! she was bangin!

Pancakes are fucking gay!
word.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 12:20:54 PM »
I finally went to see this. Mixed feelings...

I waited two years for this to come out and I absolutely loved the first two movies.
This movie is only 80 minutes and the story is very weak. The old movies were just madness scene after scene. This movie is definitely a lot tamer, both in plot and even in humor. Maybe it underlines that they're maturing.

The absolute worst thing about this movie is Amir Blumenfeld. Most unfunny and annoying man ever. I do not understand why they chose him. I also wasn't feeling Thomas Lennon. I guess they needed two new sidekicks to make the plot work, but when H&K got back together we were stuck with these two and a baby... Do not want.

However! There was a lot to like as well. Danny Trejo was brilliant as Maria's dad and NPH stole every scene he was in. Great stuff.

The absolute star of this movie is the Wafflebot. It had the best lines, and it got the most lols out of me.  :lol: XD

So yeah, this movie is nowhere near as good as the first two, nor was it as funny as I hoped it would be. However, it's still a cool H&K movie and there are plenty of lols to be had.

Offline testingfaze

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
this movie wasnt funny as other 2

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Luminous Orange - How High