Yumemiru Tsubasa
Shunkan Sentimental
Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku Story
Namida no Regret
Scandal Nanka Buttobase
Pride
Haruka
Love Survive

Author Topic: [Poll] What is your favorite SCANDAL single?  (Read 4087 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
[Poll] What is your favorite SCANDAL single?
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:23:10 PM »
Scandal is about the release its 11th major label single, but which do we like best? Vote!

I gotta admit I sorta lost track of Scandal during the Scandal Nanka Buttobase / Pride / Haruka era because I didn't really liked any of these singles that much, but they're back on my radar with Love Survive.

As far as favorites go, Shoujo S probably wins it because that is the song that got me into Scandal in the first place.

Offline SPIM

• Member+
  • Man In Black
    • MibIH
    • lee.relph
    • lee_in_black
Re: [Poll] What is your favorite SCANDAL single?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
DOLL!

First song I heard of theirs and the one that best defines them in my opinion. I even used it as the closing theme of a short film I made (not intentionally). ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:09:06 PM by SPIM »

Visit my Anime/movie/WWE review blog: MIB's Instant Headache

Offline tohno

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 08:39:05 PM »
A tough question, BarrieV and welcome back.

I went with Sakura Goodbye. I know, I really like Doll and Yumemiru Tsubasa but I went back and listened to Sakura Goodbye again and that single came out in early 2009 and it was a special year and special time for me.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:31:11 PM by tohno »

Offline Deaglezero

• Deagle: The Eternal Warrior
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chelsea, Barca let's roll!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 03:26:54 AM »
Shunkan Sentimental.

For me the guitar riffs and instrumental just sound a lot better than in Shoujo S. And yeah Pride wasn't exactly that great.

I would've voted for Namida no Regret for second, though. Nice change from their other songs I think.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 07:45:26 AM »
Went with Doll, love their music but this one gets me just a bit more than the others.
Overall I think "Love Pattern" is my absolute fave, but thats before major label.
Life is one time.

Offline GekiDan

• www.JEFusion.com
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • www.JEFusion.com
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 06:41:26 AM »
I would have chosen Space Ranger but it's not in the poll...

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »
Yeah I left the indies out of it since it's not really a single that is available to the general public..

Based on the results so far it seems that their older songs are more popular than their later stuff... but I guess that's true for a lot of bands.

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »
I only know Pride. I don't know how one could ''not like'' Pride though.

Offline bernyboi

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »
Shunkan Sentimental playing at the end of Fullmetal Alchemist was what got me to know who SCANDAL are.
I got their SCANDAL BEST concert to watch and then I've been their fan ever since!

I voted for Taiyou to kimi ga egaku story as my favorite single because the tune sounds the best! its upbeat, the vocals are lovely, and the music's just happy and cheerful, love it!
I like all the songs in your poll there but since I can only vote one I picked this.

After voting I saw that there's no votes for Nanka Buttobase yet! I wish I would've voted for that instead as Nanka Buttobase is another of my favorite singles~
I mean, the vocals and music arrangement was great! Haruna, Mami, and Tomomi all get to sing in this, with Tomo and mami getting a few lines of lead vocal as well.
The girls sound very rock and roll and the bits in the verse where their voices overlap each other is very cool, the harmony works well so it's very good to listen to.

My Blog Website

Offline yupyupyup

• Tomo's Stalker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 12:50:52 AM »
I like Scandal Baby, but I guess I go with Doll. Scandal Baby has such upbeat sound, especially the intro part. It's among songs that Haruna likes to play.

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
[Poll] What is your favorite SCANDAL single?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 04:19:49 AM »
Oh so hard to pick one. Shoujo S is probably the standout of their singles for me.

Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - ALL FOR YOU