JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - Hi-Fi

Author Topic: The GAM Thread  (Read 116055 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The GAM Thread
« Reply #560 on: June 14, 2011, 09:38:42 PM »
I miss GAM. So goddamn much:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #561 on: June 18, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »
God how I love that "Miki tantrum" one. :lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #562 on: February 25, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »
I've had the GAM album for almost a year now, and I'm still loving it; with my iPod set to "album shuffle", I can't help but smile and get excited whenever I skip through tracks then suddenly hear that engine-rev-esque guitar riff that signifies the start of "Thanks".

Daigong said it best regarding the poor timing of this group coming together. It was a natural duo just begging to be formed but didn't come to fruition until years after it probably should have, and due to their ages and Miki's boyfriend scandal the duo didn't last as long as it should have either.

I think my favorite song of theirs is, illogically, "Ai no Fune". Sitting on the outer edge of my own personal musical tastes with its soft rock feel, somehow the mellow guitars and slow, steady drum beat come together nicely and perfectly complement Miki and Aya's incredible voices. Like seriously this song really makes me fall in love with their voices, especially with the subtle harmonizations scattered throughout. It's just a straight-up feel-good song.

A song that I was originally "meh" about but have grown to love is "Lu Lu Lu". The progenitor to the Momusu songs "Nanchatte Renai" and "Seishun Collection", this track had me thinking for a sec that arranger Kaoru Ookubo liked to make every song he made sound the same! Obviously not true, but it's easily apparent those later MM singles were based on this with their similar violin/string patterns. :lol: But with such a great beat on this track, can you blame him? And while the video will never match the epic ending of "Melodies", I personally still have a thing for the long-shirt-no-pants outfits they got going on. :drool:

Miki is currently busy with motherhood, and Aya is both in full "easy listening" mode with her music and restricting activities due to her medical condition, so if ever another single or album comes our way it probably will never match what 1st GAM - Amai Yuuwaku had going on. Still, the important thing is I managed to find myself a physical copy, and my music collection is better for it.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2012, 02:29:26 AM »
^When I had to drive long distances in a car my mp3 player couldn't hook up to, 1st GAM ~Amai Yuuwaku~ was awesome.
I remember I got mine from a Book Off for cheap.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - Hi-Fi