JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Endless sorrow

Author Topic: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)  (Read 318968 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [KOR] Wonder Girls
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2008, 03:00:57 AM »
Thanks for posting up those WG male version songs Pharadox, they're just as catchy. The male voices remind me of American R&B singers. :lol:

I listened to the Irony version, and I really love Hyun A's rap there :lol:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Kuja

• Member+
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2008, 12:09:48 PM »
I think there might have been some discussion about this earlier, but man, that's kind of scary! I wonder who was the one rapping if it wasn't Yoo Bin. And this again made me hope that Yoo Bin gets well soon.

The male versions that Pharadox posted sound funnily realistic  :D

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2008, 03:21:04 PM »
The male versions that Pharadox posted sound funnily realistic  :D

Yeah, I know! When I first listened to a male version I could have sworn it was really guys singing. :p And then I read the video description and I was like "Whaaaat?" Haha.

Thanks for posting up those WG male version songs Pharadox, they're just as catchy. The male voices remind me of American R&B singers. :lol:

I listened to the Irony version, and I really love Hyun A's rap there :lol:

Yeah, they would sell well as a boy band. :D You can actually download MP3s of the entire first album in male versions if you check the descriptions of the videos. She posts links to it. I downloaded the entire WG and SNSD male version albums from her and have them on my iTunes. :D

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2008, 10:39:40 PM »

oh guys singing WG ?
check this HQ vid' xD

dl : [MU]
cr. : DukHu.tistory

thanks again DukHu, you rock =3

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2008, 02:30:48 AM »
^ No, not guys. :p It's WG singing WG. But the pitch is lowered so that they sound like guys.

Thanks for the file sharing, as always. :D

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2008, 03:11:10 AM »
^ No, not guys. :p It's WG singing WG. But the pitch is lowered so that they sound like guys.

Thanks for the file sharing, as always. :D

hmmm no, it's real guys singing with real guys voices :P (because they really sing bad lol)

thanks for the file !

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2008, 03:30:08 AM »
^ Are you kidding? o.o;; Otokee herself explained (in the description of each video she posted of the male versions) that she lowered the pitch of the girls' voices to make them sound like guys' voices ...

Quote from: otokee
IT'S NOT ME SINGING - i'm a girl ♥ These are still the girls singing, but with a lower pitch.

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2008, 10:55:27 AM »
I was talking about the video sh1buya posted.
I didnt see the video in the other page.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2008, 02:39:24 PM »
Poor Ye Eun! She's really getting beat up lately about the whole drinking with JYP comment she made on SBS Kim Jung Eun’s Chocolate variety and she also got included on some list on Mnet of artists they don't want to see around in 10 years. Of the list of artists they do want to see in 10 years, only So Hee was included. Of all five girls, SO HEE is the WG they want to keep around? WTF? I can appreciate her for what she is, but she's not the talent. But they were really mean to Ye Eun on that list. They attacked not only her singing and her dancing, but her personality as well.

Then yesterday, she posted this on cyworld:

Quote from: coolsmurf
choice.

whether to eat rice or bread
whether to drink juice or cola

or

whether it’s Wonder Girl’s Ye Eun or 20 year old Park Ye Eun…

In life is there a choice with no regrets
does that even exist?

to others I have to be broad-minded
and to myself I have to be more severe but

i keep wanting to forgive myself..

So I'm worried about her. :cry: She seems really upset, whether it's about all this, something in her personal life that none of us even know about or both.

Translation credit: wonderkid (who coolsmurf credited but I'm not sure where from)

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2008, 03:07:01 PM »
YeEun HWATING~

I rather want her then SoHee on the list~

They didn't have to attack her, I don't really know what they said, but I heard it was not nice at all.

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2008, 03:50:22 PM »
Wonder girls got a new fan XD

So Hee <3

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2008, 01:16:29 PM »
^
yeah!

sohee ftw !

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2008, 06:28:58 PM »

WTF? That's some special editing. :D

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2008, 03:30:35 AM »
and dancing?  I always liked the way Ye Eun danced, especially her Irony dance steps

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2008, 04:14:41 AM »
:lol: So the Koreans hate on the one that has some actual talent with a not so stand out personality that obviously loves what she's doing, and then praise the one with little talent and "interesting" personality (I really still don't see what the big deal about this girl is besides getting praise for her "omona.")

But the thing that makes me laugh the most is that they're hating on her because she drank with their producer or whatever he is to them? :lol:
Give me a break. She's of age, what is the big deal? Koreans like to get drunk off their minds anyways. >_>

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2008, 08:17:50 AM »
I was just watching the So Hot MV, and I didn't see the So Hee falling down scene. I guess I must have looked away the first time I saw the video. But aways I really lol'd.  Her expression getting up is priceless XD

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2008, 11:02:42 AM »
:lol: So the Koreans hate on the one that has some actual talent with a not so stand out personality that obviously loves what she's doing, and then praise the one with little talent and "interesting" personality (I really still don't see what the big deal about this girl is besides getting praise for her "omona.")

But the thing that makes me laugh the most is that they're hating on her because she drank with their producer or whatever he is to them? :lol:
Give me a break. She's of age, what is the big deal? Koreans like to get drunk off their minds anyways. >_>

100% agreed.

The native fans have always favored So Hee for some reason... all she had to do was that "omona" and she was gold. I don't have any personal problem with her, but at the same time it bothers me that other really hard-working, talented members are over-looked while she is held up and praised. I read somewhere once that it may simply be a matter of age and cute/sexy image, that Korean fans are drawn to the more "cutesey", young members, like So Hee and Sun Mi, while the older, sexy members like Sun Ye, Ye Eun, and Yoo Bin will fall behind into a secondary spotlight, no matter who can sing or not. Who knows, though.

I will say though that it might be to So Hee's credit that she had a supporting role in that movie, Some Like it Hot. It might have helped boost her above the rest of the girls. I thought it was a good movie and that she was good in it, but I don't actually know how Koreans felt about it.

They didn't even get drunk! They said they had little amounts of what they did drink and it's apparently a tradition that when people "come of age", their parents introduce them to drinking. Well, they're very close to JYP. He's at LEAST like an older brother to them, in some ways. So it isn't as if some random man took them out drinking. It was someone they could trust to take care of them, like family. There's just such a double standard going on here: it's fine if the fans do what they want (which I'm sure they do to their heart's content), but not the artists.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »
Then yesterday, she posted this on cyworld:
Quote from: coolsmurf
choice.

whether to eat rice or bread
whether to drink juice or cola

or

whether it’s Wonder Girl’s Ye Eun or 20 year old Park Ye Eun…

In life is there a choice with no regrets
does that even exist?

to others I have to be broad-minded
and to myself I have to be more severe but

i keep wanting to forgive myself..
Translation credit: wonderkid (who coolsmurf credited but I'm not sure where from)

Oh man! I really don't like the sound of that part :cry:
It's gotta be hard to be criticized like that on a normal day, but with all the promotion and massively busy schedule they have had lately, she would be weaker than usual and it must feel like all this recent effort she's been putting in isn't enough :(
I'm sure the other girls have reassured her... the older three all seem pretty close, as do Sun Mi and So Hee.

Ye Eun may not have the most stand out personality, but I respect her greatly for not just her talent but also how elegant and classy she seems to hold herself... She seems like a real lady and it's so nice :heart:
All the girls have their own special appeal :D

On a different note, why the hell are all the WG fanfics out there with Big Bang :lol: I like Wonder Bang as much as the next person but it becomes a little overkill :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:02:07 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline Kuja

• Member+
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2008, 09:46:05 PM »
Man, sometimes I really hate the way that the smallest of things can quickly turn around the peoples general opinion, as if none of them any brains of their own at all. While I love the way the fans of idol groups are devoted, stuff like drinking with your manager while of legal age really isn't a matter that concerns other people in any way. None of WG is deserving of a place on a list of people that people don't want to see in 10 years to come (personally I'd rather there weren't this sort of rankings at all). Ye Eun is both very talented and beautiful and I personally don't see what she has done wrong. Wheter it's her personal life or the putting down she seems to experiencing, she seems a bit down on that entry and I wish she knows that there are a lot of people who can appreciate for what she is.

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2008, 11:25:08 PM »
Quote from: ♥사 랑 해 요 ♥  @ AF
Wonder Girls comprising of Sun Ye (19), Ye Eun (19), Yoo Bin (20), So Hee (16) and Sun Mi (16) have dominated the music industry last year and this year. After winning the hearts of young and old with “Tell Me” last year, they have carried on their momentum with their addictive “so Hot” comeback this May. The Wonder Girls who had stopped promotions for a four months break have won even more fans over after promoting their new mini album for a month. How did this 5 girls become so popular with the public? Let’s meet them now.

Q. “So Hot” has once again won a lot of popularity with everyone. Have you seen comedian Kim Shin Young performing this on “Infinity Challenge”?

Ye Eun: Saw it. I thoroughly analysed it from start till end. Especially towards her imitation of Sun Ye’s short hair, that was a good resemblance.

Q. During Music Bank recently, SNSD sang “Tell Me” while Wonder Girls did “Kissing You”. Fans even started many “who sang better” online discussions. How did you feel about SNSD rendition of “Tell Me”?

Sun Ye: We viewed all the related news reports after the performances. There were good reviews generally like “Although they sang other group’s songs, but they never lost their own flavor”. I felt that although SNSD and us are quite similar in age, but we all have our own different flavors. Although we didn’t practise much for the special performance, it was still pretty interesting. Everyone was able to complete their performances successfully.

Q. There were no issues about your singing when you debuted with “Irony”. But there were lots of debate when you performed “Tell Me” and “So Hot”. Park Jin Young once mentioned that he requested all of you to sing in this ’special’ way. Tell us the real reason behind this.

Sun Mi: Different from “Irony”, the two songs are more focused on transferring the image and are not songs for vocal skills display.

Ye Eun: Sun Ye and I use vibrations a lot when singing usually, but Park Jin Young told us not to for these songs. He said we would ruin the songs if we ignore the feelings of them.

Sun Ye: If all the songs were sang in the same tone, than the singers career option would not have existed. You can’t tell what this or that song is trying to convey. As for criticisms about neglecting our vocals and feeling uncomfortable when singing live, we acknowledge that. So we are working on it.

Q. Fans are really familar with your songs like “Irony”, “Tell Me” and “So Hot”. There’s a ballad included in your mini album, “This Time” which gave fans a refreshing jolt. They all wondered, “Wonder Girls can also sing songs like this?” Any plans to sing ballads in future?

Ye Eun: We don’t really plan to just stick to doing dance songs. If there are plans for us to do ballads, we will. It’s quite a pity that we aren’t able to promote “This Time”. But we will still sing this during other events.

Q. We have questions for each member starting with Sun Ye. Your stage clothes are all long pants?

Sun Ye: Ah. I can answer this question very honestly. The legs of the other members are all very pretty. From small, I started practising dancing so my legs aren’t that good looking. So compared to wearing skirts, I love wearing pants instead. This seems to suit me more.

Q. Heard that Yoo Bin’s voicebox isn’t that good recently. And she still can’t quite rap during live performances.

Yoo Bin: It’s much better now. I really want to perform live as soon as possible so I am practising hard.

Manager: Although she would like to sing live but because we are now preparing for the next album, so from the company’s perspective, it’s better for her to lipsync now.

Q. During SBS The Star Show, all the members cried while talking about their families, but So Hee didn’t.

So Hee: Everyone cried but I didn’t…, but actually the camera didn’t take the shot where I cried secretly.

Q. Ye Eun, you were the last to enter the group (Yoo Bin does not count). Did you meet with any difficulties back then?

Ye Eun: All the members treated me well so I didn’t have much difficulties. All the members had went through a long period of training and were talented already. I wasn’t that good in dancing so I had trouble keeping up initially.

Q. “4-Dimensional” Sun Mi, do you feel uneasy about this?

Sun Mi: 4-dimensional. Hmm~ Maybe it’s because I show more concern about such stuff. For example, the earth and galaxy. But the greenhouse effect on earth, space travel, aren’t these topics that people discuss recently now? But because of my overly concern over it, others look upon me as being 4-dimensional. Haha.

Q. You’ve done many interviews. Any questions you disliked being asked?

Ye Eun: Compared to dislike, it’s just questions that people keep asking us. “After Tell Me, do you feel the pressure about future albums”, related questions like this. But then again, we like being asked questions like this. Why? Because it only means that our previous albums were very successful.

Sun Ye: We also get questions like, “Do you fight often among yourselves?”. But we don’t. I am not sure about those who are of the same ages but probably because we are of different ages. We just throw tantrums sometimes.

Yoo Bin: Would like to try quarreling. Because I’m tomboyish in nature and don’t like to conceal things in my heart. I just want to have a open hearted talk.

Q. Your opinion about being compared with SNSD? Do you detest that?

Yoo Bin: No. It’s alright since we like SNSD on the contrary. We like SNSD and also listen to their songs. The oldest member in Wonder Girls and SNSD is me. I recently met Tae Yeon of SNSD backstage recently and said to her, “Let’s get along well in future”, she immediately replied me, “Understood, unnie.” You cannot imagine how cute that was. Hahaha.

source: Sports Seoul (080715) | credit: lazenca0 (proofing)

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Endless sorrow