JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Erika - Free

Author Topic: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)  (Read 191178 times)

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
All I want to say is the whole weekend was the BOMB!!!  Seeing them in person was a trip. But I was really glad to meet the other member of the board. They made the experience totally different than if I was by myself...So THANKS to all of ya!!

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Kei's Con report:

Friday
I woke up Friday morning at 4:30am to being my trek down to Sakura Con.  It took me about 4 hours to get down to Seattle and find parking.  Due to the huge line ups, I missed the opening ceremonies, and I went into the H&A autograph session about a half-hour after it started.  I was a bit surprised and somewhat disappointed at the short line.  Then again I remembered that the schedule was posted quite late and I figured most people were held up at Registration and wouldn't be able to make it.  It also surprised me that they cut the autograph signing an hour into the 2-hour session.  I thought it was because there weren't that many people in line.  Later we found out that Rika wasn't feeling well and suffering from jet lag, so they decided to stop.  I noticed that when Yossy signs something, she'll look at you in the eye as she hands it back to you.  Rika sometimes glanced quickly.  They are both quite intent when they're signing something, it looks like they're very focussed on it.

All my fears of a small turn-out were proven wrong with the boisterous cheering and applause they got at the Guest of Honour dinner.  Shortly before the dinner, they walked through the crowd (we had to clear a path for them) to get into the room at the Grand Hyatt.  Rika was covered with a pink blanket while Yossy was wearing her long black adidas jacket.

During the introductions, Yossy said that she was surprised to see all of the cosplayers.  She was looking forward to eating to get energy to perform at the concert.  Rika said she was also surprised at the cosplay.  She thought she'd be embarrassed because in her Angry costume, she'd stand out, but among the cosplayers, she seemed to fit in.  She also said she thought she was a bit underdressed.  There was another part about Rika being very sleepy from jet lag and something about not being able to eat the spring rolls, but I couldn't hear why.  Then Yossy took the mic and said "She is angry.  She is angry." which brought a good chuckle to the crowd.

They didn't actually eat at the reception.  They stood around a small cocktail table while there was a translator on each side of them, then everyone stood in line to chat a bit and move on.  I had a bad cold/flu all week so I let Kimuuu do most of the talking.  Since we weren't allowed to take photos, I asked if I could shake their hands and they both agreed.  The one thing I remember was that Rika's hands were warmer than Yossy's.  They left about an hour or so into the reception.  We were told that they were going to eat and they don't like eating in front of people.  As they passed by me, they were turned so their backs were facing me and all I remember was seeing holes in the shirt that Yossy wore.  The shirt was supposed to be that way and you could see her white shirt through it.  Someone said they were shorter than they expected so I remember looking down at her shoes too and noticed they were black boots with a flat heel.

Saturday
I went sightseeing in the morning and barely made it back in time for the concert.  Even though it was a long wait, the concert was AWESOME.  I stood in front of center stage with row of people in front of me, so I had a really good view.  My only complaint was the sound level of the mic was too low and you had a lot of problem hearing the vocals.  Regardless, the concert was so damn fun!  There was lots of Ishiyoshi action.  Yossy's arm around Rika's waist, Rika feeling up Yossy's leg, interlocking pinkys while singing.  Yossy throwing her arm around Rika's neck/shoulder.  The crowd couldn't get enough.  They knew how to throw a party.

In their first break, they greeted everyone in English and had a small speech.  You can tell they practiced alot.  It was so cute.  At one point of the concert, we saw them go get an armful of glow in the dark rings.  Yossy had the pink ones and Rika had the blue ones.  They started throwing them out to the audience.  I told my tall friend that he had to get one for me, and he snagged me one from Yossy. *_* wai wai.  They performed one of the new songs dancing with a small feather fan.  At the end of the song, they threw their fan out to the crowd.  That was unsuspected.  Later, the projection on the back wall turned into a "Happy Birth Day Hangry" sign, and the guitarist started playing the Happy Birthday tune while we sang along.  Yossy looked surprised and Rika said it had been a secret.  The rock versions of The Peace and Love & Peace Hero ga yattekita threw everyone for a loop and the cheering got louder.

After a long day including dinner at the steakhouse, Kimuuu thought she saw Rika in our hotel lobby.  It was past 1am but we were going to head down anyway to get into the business center and use their computers.  After getting our gear ready, we headed to the main level.  There were a few people in the lobby and we weren't sure if it was Rika because the view was from behind.  We were about to leave until we heard Rika's voice.  So we decided to head across the lobby to the front desk for a city map, I was actually curious if there were any bars around.  When we were there got a pretty good look and knew it was her.  We walked closer to the front door and I actually didn't see Yossy sitting there, she was so quiet!  I was more focussed on Rika talking to a guy who was trying to explain something in Japanese.

After a little while I knew we couldn't stay there and stare so I walked up to Yossy who was fiddling with her cellphone and she looked up at me as I got close so I told her it was an excellent concert and gave her a thumbs up.  I think I took her off guard because she just smiled a bit, nodded and gave me a thumbs up.  The person near her said thank you and we walked off to the business center.

Yossy looked pretty tired, after all, they had just performed at the concert a few hours earlier.  She had taken the pink extension out of her hair and it just pulled back into a ponytail.  It's all blonde.  She was wearing her light blue jacket, dark pants and boots.  I'm pretty sure it was the same jacket as this:

Rika was in a dark jacket, I think maybe dark brown rather than black.  I think they were going out because they were sitting on the sofa right in front of the main door.  I was a bit surprised that they'd be going out at that hour.  It must have been 1:30am by then.

Sunday
Before the Q&A panel, they tried to play the Kill Me Kiss Me PV, but VLC player kept crapping out and crashing.  Eventually they didn't bother with it and introduced Hangry and Angry.  I spent the whole Q&A session scribbling down notes.  For the last half of the session, they started signing autographs, I noticed they were using colored markers so I had them sign my journal instead of the black t-shirt I bought.  As Yossy was signing it, I said it was my Sakura Con diary and she said "Sugei".  I said the same thing to Rika and she was surprised.  My con pretty much ends there as I had to make sure I could drive all the way back home through the heavy rains safely.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:52:21 AM by ChocoMochaKei »

Offline stark

• Stark!
K, I'm still beat and a bit crazy... 

Dai is very classy in person.  I was expecting a psycho fan with a LoveKnife[tm] at the ready but all of you guys were really respectful at the right times.  It was great to see so many hardcore fans.  I'm sorry I forgot the names of the other two I kept bumping into.  You were both very awesome and filled with glee.  I can't believe they signed the jersey!
I cannot believe Dai asked me /that/ question in his interview with me.  I hope I didn't spoil your fun, but I had to keep it professional then :(

Only a few of my board members knew how much of a fan I was until they saw my smile. 
...Dream ....come ....true.  :inlove:

I got to shake their hands.
I got a high 5 and was somewhat a part of the circle cheer before they went on stage.  (I was with their guards on our own outside circle)
   random note: by random chance I was also part of the smile.dk circle cheer in their dressing room.
I got to MC/Introduce them at opening, closing, and the concert.
I was just off stage right with the JapanFiles people during the concert.  It was crazy awesome seeing you guys front and center.  You were closer than I was during the concert~!
I sadly only had my con book signed, but it was still super awesome.

Strangest thing:  My ex-roommate (and good friend) was in cosplay as Mojo Jojo.  Rika was in her normal clothes and saw him and thought it was so cool that she wanted a picture with him..  I hated him for a good hour or so, but all our guests seem to love him. [and no I can't post it!]

Their cosplay mascots were totally awesome and did a great job dealing with the costumes themselves and the crowds when they walked around.  The mascots also were play-fighting with me backstage.  /hAngry uppercut!

Also:  If you want to see a overweight white dude filled with glee, look at the 1 minute mark on their first Sakura-Con video.   ;)

I didn't realize until being on stage... that they are SHORT.  SHORT!  And very cute. (ok, I knew that last part, but still)

Speaking of video.  I don't know what UpFront and/or JapanFiles will be doing with it all, but audio was recorded and so was the HD video you saw on the big screens.  Concert DVD?  I hope so!

The guest dinner was awesome.  Their liaison/translator didn't realize the 'soft line' existed, they thought people just were wandering around.  Everyone was very polite.  Unfortunately they didn't have time to eat, and we felt bad.  But I guess their management had planned on a lot of people wanting to talk them and made sure they had a great dinner elsewhere.

Stark
Chairman of Sakura-Con 2009
-stark!

Note: anything posted by stark on this or any other fan site is his personal opinion and is not the official statement of any organization.

Offline stark

• Stark!
Oh!  One last thing.  If any of you guys have links/posts/info about Hangry and Angry at Sakura-Con, please let me know.  Someone said something about a 2ch post that said american fans are cool too because of all of this.  Shoot me an email or pm with the linkage?!
-stark!

Note: anything posted by stark on this or any other fan site is his personal opinion and is not the official statement of any organization.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Oh!  One last thing.  If any of you guys have links/posts/info about Hangry and Angry at Sakura-Con, please let me know.  Someone said something about a 2ch post that said american fans are cool too because of all of this.  Shoot me an email or pm with the linkage?!

I quoted the post on the previous page, but I've just sent you a pm with the links.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
@stark
I was the shortie tagging along with daigong all weekend. Haha, I have that little interview with you and dai after the opening ceremony on my HD camcorder. I could probably cut "certain" parts out if you want and post it somewhere. :D "BRO HUG!" Yep, it's all there. :twisted: FUNNY GUY, this stark guy. Shoulda seen him sing and dance at the closing ceremony. ;) Thanks for everything, we know you worked hard for this.

I got footage of us at the con talk about H&A and whatever random shit we talk about. I'll compile everything shortly and upload it. Let me know if you're interested.

All the H&A events were awesome and operated smoothly, except for the Q&A panel on Sunday. We got a little screwed. (Though I still had a good time at the panel.) I had asked a staff member, who I saw talking to that H&A handler you introduced us to, about where to line up for the panel. He told us to line up along this one wall where girugamesh's line was held before. He said they would clear out the room, so we waited there since 11AM. 2PM, next thing we know the panel is about the start, no one cleared out of the room, and no one came to tell us anything. There was about an entire wall and a half of people waiting in that line.
--

I should have said this earlier, but meeting so many other people on/off JPH!P was an amazing experience. Dai and I seriously thought we were just gonna be chillin' alone for the weekend, but we bumped into all these other awesome fans and we spent the entire weekend together, enjoying each other's company. Wouldn't have been the same without them. Dai, showing off his JPH!P pimpin' skills managed to make friends with the Japanese fans, too. At the beginning of the con we kept to ourselves, but by Sunday we were hugging and fist bumping with them lol. Two fans I met are NorCal locals like me, so we were pretty excited about that.

REALLY wish all you fellow HiPstas were there with us. Everyone try to make it down to MM in LA! We'll all help prep and make it the best time ever. So FUCKING PROUD to be a part of this community.

Quote from: ChocoMochaKei
The one thing I remember was that Rika's hands were warmer than Yossy's.
I noticed this too, that Rika had nice warm hands. I didn't realize my hands were slightly cold AT ALL until we shook.
She was so cute.

Me: Can I shake your hand?
Rika: *confused* Hm?
Me: Lol, um...*holds out hands slightly*
Rika: OH! *takes my hands*

Question: Again I missed it but it had to do with how they felt the morning after the concert.
R: We got too excited, so when I woke up the next morning, my arm was sore.
Y: My neck hurt
Haha, I remember she said the reason for her neck hurting was from too much head banging. :rockon:

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+

Question: Again I missed it but it had to do with how they felt the morning after the concert.
R: We got too excited, so when I woke up the next morning, my arm was sore.
Y: My neck hurt
Haha, I remember she said the reason for her neck hurting was from too much head banging. :rockon:

Aha!  That's what I thought she said, but I didn't want to type it out because I wasn't sure.  I heard "because hitting too much" which doesn't make sense so I omitted it.  I'll keep correcting the Q&A

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
REALLY wish all you fellow HiPstas were there with us. Everyone try to make it down to MM in LA! We'll all help prep and make it the best time ever. So FUCKING PROUD to be a part of this community.

I hope a good H!P act comes to the east coast at some point, cause there's no way I could afford to go all the way out to Cali right now.  Maybe that comment they made about coming to Florida one day will come true.  :P

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Aha!  That's what I thought she said, but I didn't want to type it out because I wasn't sure.  I heard "because hitting too much" which doesn't make sense so I omitted it.  I'll keep correcting the Q&A

Oh, mind if I add more stuff then? :P

Question: I couldn't hear the whole thing and it was quite a long story.   Basically the guy was asking Rika for permission to embroider a specific image on the back of a jacket.
R: "...Ok"
The guy asked if he could have the bunny

embroidered on the back of his jacket too.

Question: Who is your favorite Techno artist?
R: Underworld (I hope this is right, I don't know this band.)
Yep, that's right.

Question: Who would you want to recruit for Gatas?
Y: Ronaldinho, Beckham, Raul
R: But we're a women's futsal team, is it ok?
Y: Yes
They'd like to recruit good players, so it's ok.
The one thing I distinctly remember was Rika saying: "Otoko dame!" (No guys!) Girls only because it's a female league/team before Yossy explained herself to her. Then Rika was all like "Oh okay...I guess..." and gave in lol. XD

I lol'd when Rika said she'd sabotage the practices. :lol:

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
What's up? I met a bunch of y'all out in Seattle & you guys made the trip so much more fun for me.  I'm gonna have to get me a GPS if I ever go walking out in the streets with y'all again.  :lol:

Just want to thank y'all for making my weekend. 
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+

Oh, mind if I add more stuff then? :P

Please do, I'm updating all the forums I've posted it on with the additional details  :D

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
What an awsome weekend. Meeting Charmy and Yossi, the amazing concerts(also Slants and Gurugamesh), all the amazing costumes and anime's. Also meeting the all great Jph!p fans. Daigong, dude you are the craziest SOB I've met thanks for the great weekend. Sorry about getting everyone lost on Sun. Next time everyones in town, I'll be a better host. I suck with names so Everyone else I met It was great to meet you and hope to see you all again soon.

P.S. After dinner on sunday someone left a light blue umbrella under the table. Who do I send it to?
Life is one time.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
What's up? I met a bunch of y'all out in Seattle & you guys made the trip so much more fun for me.  I'm gonna have to get me a GPS if I ever go walking out in the streets with y'all again.  :lol:

Just want to thank y'all for making my weekend. 

Hey man! Glad to see you swing by here. =) Thanks for keeping us company too, and lol, getting lost in Seattle was totally not me. *looks at daigong* :lol:
I just checked out your site, nice reports! That picture of you on the chair reminded me that I have footage of you thrusting next to it. :hump: XD

Offline Za_Wolf

• INFP
  • Member+
Yo!  Just got home.  Best weekend ever!  Epic in so many ways.  Thanks to everyone.

When i got to seattle i thought i was gonna just chill by myself n shit but im glad i met you guys, shit was mad fun.  I remember daigong saying he only expected like 4-5 people but by the end of the weekend we straight up formed voltron on their asses!  I think at one point we were 16 deep!  Wow.

Big ups to everyone.. from the lefties, to the hawaiian, the boss, the japs, my dyke homie, peepz from other forums and everybody else in between and outside the box, yallz made this shit memorable, thanks!

Sunday was a bitter sweet end to an epic journey.  After the group slowly disbanded me dai and rick had a couple of beers and some food and just talked about random shit.  Along the way we ran into myuji's bass player!  haha that was random.  I gave that foo some props and we started shouting japanese hentai at him haha.  I got pretty tipsy, went to the hotel and crashed out.  Best ending ever.

and a MAJOR SHOUT OUT TO WOTA GUY!  Dai and rick knows whats up  :lol:

And even tho this weekend was tight, i told dai we running this shit back in LA!  Good shit

IshiYoshi for Lyfe!
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
* daigong edit

lol no concert video please. contracts need to be intact
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:36:01 AM by daigong »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
Hey man! Glad to see you swing by here. =) Thanks for keeping us company too, and lol, getting lost in Seattle was totally not me. *looks at daigong* :lol:
I just checked out your site, nice reports! That picture of you on the chair reminded me that I have footage of you thrusting next to it. :hump: XD
nope that was all me. Being from the area everyone though I knew where everything was. I'll do better next time people come to town.
Life is one time.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
It's ALL GOOD Ricky, it was all spur of the moment shit anyways. WATERFRONT GRILL CUZ ISHIYOSHI ATE THERE!!! Good way to get some girls holding on to you in the freezing rain XD

I just can't believe Seattle nite life was so dead...really, Easter Sunday? Maybe.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
Re: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)
« Reply #297 on: April 14, 2009, 08:44:41 AM »
most nights I've been down there you have to be careful, so many people they spill into the streets, I think both Easter and that Sunday things tend to close early both made it pretty dead.
Life is one time.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)
« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2009, 02:40:53 PM »
^ LMAO I dunno if I can hear myself in that Happy BDay Video

We got one thing to say the Japanese Fans JPH!Pは2chのみんなさんが大好き~!

The Japanese fans we met there really blew us away. So incredible the knowledge and the kindness. I will try my best to improve my zero Japanese skills XD

Shit. GJ stark. Mad props to you and pulling it off :bow: :bow: I was fucking suprised at how much you knew about our forum, like Ange, the tracker and H!P Knowledge. It was funny running to you EVERYWHERE. And totally accessable. You were totally as I pictured, right down to the cell phone ear piece HAHA.

EPIC REPORTS Y'ALL....everyone that we met up with. Mad fucking props, I'm so proud of everyone that we met up with the HiPstaz who were down to start. Rev2hd. BIG SHOUT OUTS GIRL. You like a 15 year old Fenrir XD J/K...but DINNY is where its at. Tony her buddy was hilarious. DUDE ask that question. I gotcha back till i eat green eggs and ham.

OpsMonkey aka Greg, Bambi & Uni the Yossi Japanese Fangirls, Mae-chan the Sexy Japanese Fangirl Wifey, Crispysoupchef aka Kimuu aka that epic Chest Bump we did, Iria aka ChocaMochaKei, Kimi, the Cuban Latina from Miami Ripusu, differentstory12 also from Miami, Terrie the EPIC HP Taiwan now in 'Frisco fangirl, USA Musume aka Kimi, Stephanie, and lol shit, forgot their buddy, Kevin the dude with the sweet H&A/Gatas shirt, AND SHIT can't forget The Japanese Rika Fanboy FIGHBIRD or Noguu. lol dude was funny, we talked smack about Matsui's face lmao.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM!! I used to read WERD UP magazine!!

Mad props at all the responses!!  I'm a have to take a bit of time to digest the mad react but one thang: I LOVE Y'ALL.  I haven't seen a thread this active since The Anti-Struggle only cuz I forced y'all to post XD

shit I fell asleep.,,,I was gonna write more..to be continued!!! gotta coordinate with ALL Y'ALL who attended for more pix n video wink wink nudge slap bump
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:42:55 PM by daigong »

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+

It was fun hanging out with you guys,  I'll remember to never stop on wet grates again.  :lol:  Thanks much for checking out my site, much appreciated.  I'm not sure what to do with the chair humping pics, but I'm sure they'll end up somewhere.  :D
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Erika - Free