JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Kimi to Machi Made

Author Topic: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)  (Read 193448 times)

Offline stark

• Stark!
Re: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)
« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2009, 03:25:38 AM »
Oh and I found this interesting:
Posted by Winterblizzard, the Director of Relations

This year we had the CEO of Up Front records attend the Hangry & Angry concert and they were thoroughly impressed with our professionalism and would like to work with us again.

It should be noted that it takes in some cases several years to bring a deal to completion. For example, Hangry&Angry was the result of 2 years of building up a relationship with the parties involved. Getting guests is an ongoing process which takes much pre-planning and cannot be done on short notice based upon what is popular.

Originally posted at http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=19014

I apparently met / past by this person on sat night and barely knew it.  I also met the folks from japanfiles on saturday night.  It was a very solid win for us.   We were not told they would be here until right up on the con and even then our dir of relations held it off until saturday night. 

Sadly winterblizzard will not tell me who shes working with now or if they're just leads or if they're in conversation.  She barely tipped her hat to me in 2009 by mentioning 'Two adults who may have been part of a group you liked... a lot.  They started a new group with just two of them... or maybe more.  /cough'   We're actually having elections in two weeks and I asked her if she could make any announcements yet.  She grinned and told me that she can only talk when the contract is ready...   :(

I'm so happy w/ the JaME pics.  I guess this is the big reason they only allowed specific photogs in the concert.

OH.  And I found out the gigs o' digital tape are almost done processing.  Should be given out to the bands and guests next week.  I asked if they were thinking of making a DVD out of it.  I guess it's up to the bands and they haven't told us what they're going to do.  I would go nuts if they made a concert DVD for their Sakura-Con performance...    :wub:

(and I might get to see the copies of the hd footage.   :shocked: But they probably won't let me keep them.)

-stark!

Note: anything posted by stark on this or any other fan site is his personal opinion and is not the official statement of any organization.

Offline japanfiles

« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2009, 11:56:24 AM »
Sadly winterblizzard will not tell me who shes working with now or if they're just leads or if they're in conversation. 

If you guys are really happy with the way Sakura-Con turned out, please spread the word. Fans must support these artists with purchases -- digital, CD, or otherwise. We've all seen too many artists come to North America for a convention or tour, but it only happens one time. If fans work together it can pay off in a lot more activity.

The photos on JaME are by Derek Shaw, a professional photographer who's worked with JapanFiles many times. Derek's photos of the event were released by JapanFiles to all media via press release.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »
^ haha yeah funny. Those were EPIC photos. Big ups to Derek Shaw. but man, during the concert, there was a row of photographers and the security guy said "You get to shoot first two songs" and  the shorties in front were like "Aww, we can't see." and photographers were willing to oblige but yeah dunno what happened, they didn't stand after all. How nice. :D

And you betcha, we been pimping the great time we had at Sakura Con. And getting peeps to buy the real deal! Not off ebay! lol

You gave Yossy t-shirts?!?! T-shirts?? Whoaaa, thats cool!! I want a t-shirt!! xDD

And yeah! I'm believing!!!
They WILL come here dammit xD WILL!!!!!
I refuse to believe they're doing a worldwide tour and skipping the most... uh... unique continent!!

Hmm, after all thats happened... I'm pretty sure there are high chances of them going back to Sakura-con~

Gimme size! and I'm gonna order up a batch! Proof Positive thinking works, there cazza!

Which one was the CEO? :ph43r:

Oh and wow dai you met the CEO too?! Nice! I wonder who she was, the guest reception was dark lol.

WERD just like stark said. Barely noticed her. I approached this lady with a short bob, leather jacket at the guest reception and thought she was their handler/translator. "Are you with H&A?" and introduced myself :P Later Terrie would tell me she was UFA Prez Doh!

AND DUDE STARK. I too am wondering how much/how well we came out in that HD footage. You know those cameras leave nothing to the imagination XD

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2009, 01:58:51 PM »
OH.  And I found out the gigs o' digital tape are almost done processing.  Should be given out to the bands and guests next week.  I asked if they were thinking of making a DVD out of it.  I guess it's up to the bands and they haven't told us what they're going to do.  I would go nuts if they made a concert DVD for their Sakura-Con performance...    :wub:

(and I might get to see the copies of the hd footage.   :shocked: But they probably won't let me keep them.)

I really hope they do make a concert DVD, then we can relive that shit over and over again. :D And daigong can go, "Hey! I think that's the part where I pulled a muscle!"

Offline lilcazza

• Member+
  • ~♥-.YoshizawaHitomi.-♥~
« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2009, 09:19:43 AM »
Gimme size! and I'm gonna order up a batch! Proof Positive thinking works, there cazza!
Haha, I'll PM you about the shirts? xDD

And yeah!!!! DVD!! DVD~!!!
Then I can see all the glory and awesomeness!! =DDD
I'm sure HEAPS of people will buy it so I hope there's an official one to be released!!! <33

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #385 on: April 30, 2009, 01:38:19 AM »
A little clip of h&A on a radio show where they talk about Sakura-Con.
It sounds like it's not the complete show but it's all I have.

090427_notteke_SD.mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/?xmzazmmnlkx
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #386 on: April 30, 2009, 02:02:00 AM »
^Hrmmm, weird. I'm actually getting an error whenever I hit "click to download".

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #387 on: April 30, 2009, 02:20:35 AM »
Oh? Try this instead.
http://sharebee.com/37681008

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #388 on: April 30, 2009, 02:21:44 AM »
A little clip of h&A on a radio show where they talk about Sakura-Con.
It sounds like it's not the complete show but it's all I have.

090427_notteke_SD.mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/?xmzazmmnlkx

I saw that clip too and found the whole show.  Here's the link: Terry to Taihei Notteke Radio - [2009.04.27]

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #389 on: May 01, 2009, 03:34:40 PM »
HANGRY&ANGRY @ 「Sakura-con」Episode 3 is UP!

They must have just added it.  It wasn't there when I checked half an hour ago.

Next episode on 15th May.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:44:22 PM by ~Dan~ »

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #390 on: May 01, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »
YO!  Ripusu, Terrie and I are all up in this vid!!!!!!

AND THEY GOT ME SHAKING 1444's haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :yossi: :yossi: :yossi: :yossi: :otomerika: :otomerika: :otomerika:

This made my day.  I feel just as excited as when I first met them.  Holy shit, I feel like skipping. FUCK.  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #392 on: May 01, 2009, 04:41:30 PM »
I saw it!!! OMG my sister and I screamed when we saw Ripusu!!!  :w00t: Like fangirls lmao.
Kiiiiiiiiiiiim! Lucky! They got you shaking Yossie and Rika's hand!!!  :w00t: I can imagine how you feel watching that! lol I was smiling all the way watching that!

I can only see my sweater and my bag when Im standing in the line next to Ripusu for the autographs lol. Im happy that in this video they showed the Q&A, oh and the Happy~ Birthday thing lol.
I still have a big smile on my face after seeing you guys!! So cool!

Offline Za_Wolf

• INFP
  • Member+
« Reply #393 on: May 01, 2009, 05:08:56 PM »
Holy shiz!  The RIP, KIMUUU and TERRIE straight up invading the video!   KIMUUU with the 1444 double handshake, even I felt it, wow.

Happy~ Birthday!   Reliving the moment, Good shit.
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Offline lilcazza

• Member+
  • ~♥-.YoshizawaHitomi.-♥~
« Reply #394 on: May 01, 2009, 05:14:13 PM »
Whoo!! Yayy! Episode THREE!!!
-jumps with joy!-
And there was so much h&A and of course the forumers here xDDD
I'm all pumped and excited about it again as if the event hasnt happened yet xDD
And thanks Masa for the DDL =)

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #395 on: May 01, 2009, 06:24:20 PM »
I recognized so many faces in that vid!  Whoa, awesome stuff  :twothumbs  Daigong's in the video briefly too, look for the jph!p Tee.  I wish they posted a bit more of the concert video though, ah well, hopefully they'll create a dvd  :thumbsup

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #396 on: May 01, 2009, 06:33:11 PM »
Yeah you can definitely see Daigong in there standing on the side. You could see me sitting in front of Ripusu when she stood up to ask her question lol. Second row, right in between the girl in pink and dude in black in front. Gah, I was right in front of Terrie in the autograph line...almooost. XD

More videos to come, so maybe we'll get more chances for screen time. :D

Offline anammm

• のぼせてた
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • KamenRenja
« Reply #397 on: May 01, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »
I saw it!!! OMG my sister and I screamed when we saw Ripusu!!!  :w00t:
HOLY SHIT! they showed her question :lol: GJ

HAH! engrish  :wub: "Pnel Discussion", "to be continue" ....  XD
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:45:55 PM by anammm »
Yossi <3 Rika <3 Timu Ke <3

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #398 on: May 01, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »
AWWXXXXXOME seeing fellow forumers sharing screenshots with 1444.  How crazy is that???

I'm still hyper... :cow:

ahhhh work beckons me...  i'll squee moar later.

anammm!!!!!!!!!!  WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! :O

Offline anammm

• のぼせてた
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • KamenRenja
« Reply #399 on: May 01, 2009, 08:04:06 PM »
HAHA! hey kimmm I've benn here, jus chillin and stuff, nothing much. Just surprised someone remembers me  :lol:

btw, awesome appearence of urs there moooou, so easy to shake their hands :w00t: I hope its like this with Momusu too
Yossi <3 Rika <3 Timu Ke <3

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Kimi to Machi Made