JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anyband - Promise U

Author Topic: Crushed Heart [I - Step 08]  (Read 7968 times)

Offline HPriest

• ecchi
  • Member+
Crushed Heart [I - Step 08]
« on: March 01, 2008, 09:34:27 PM »

Index:

I - Breaking the Heart
Step 01 - 03.01.2008 - Curiosity
Step 02 - 03.13.2008 - Confusion
Step 03 - 03.30.2008 - Dejection
Step 04 - 04.07.2008 - Illusions
Step 05 - 05.08.2008 - Deliberations
Step 06 - 06.14.2008 - Readings
Step 07 - 06.27.2008 - Predictions
Step 08 - 07.17.2008 - Loss

Step 01 - Curiosity

"...5,6,7,8. 1,2,3,4..."
Everyone is giving all they got.
"1,2,3,4..."
The girls are practicing without a coach. Recently they got scolded for not taking the lessons seriously. Now have they have to do additional dance practices in the evening to get their form back.
"...5,6, ..no!" Aichan interrupts.
Not all girls are actually practicing right now. Eri, who got a cold recently is lying in her warm bed at home.
"Again!" Aichan says rather harsh. She really puts on a strict tone at those lessons. On one hand it's to force them all to get better again, but on the other hand she really has it in for one of the girls.

"...3,4...no! Stop, stop, stop! You did it wrong again!"
- "Ah, give me a break," Risa sighs.

Risa gets a lot of criticism from Aichan, although she is the sub-leader in the group. The two seem to be on bad terms with each other, not only during the extra practice.

"We've been going through the exact same steps for three days already and you still don't make them right!"
- "Is that so?" Risa purposely doesn't take her serious and looks away.
"I am talking with you! You are the..."
- "Ah, I got it!" Risa interrupts and signalizes her to stop.

She throws her towel over her shoulder and heads for the door.

"Where do you think you are going?" Aichan gets really pissed.
- "I'm out of here," Risa answers in a kind of insultingly calm way.
- "Bye~," she waves in front the door.
"You...!"

The rest of what Aichan wanted to say got drowned by the sound of the slamming door. Aichan is shocked and surprised that Risa really left.

"Here," Junjun walks up to Aichan and gives her a towel, "we should end the practice for today."
- "Thank you. You are right.." she takes the towel and wipes the sweat out of her face.

Junjun smiles and pats her on the back.

"Isn't it weird that Junjun, the new one, is the one who has to cheer up our leader?" Reina wonders.
- "You think so?" Sayu looks at Aichan and Junjun.
"Well, it's funny, isn't it?"
- "You are the one who is weird to think that it is weird."
"What?" Reina slightly angered.

They both are sitting in a corner of the dance studio and drink some water. Of course they witnessed the whole scene. Sayu doesn't seem to be too curious about it while Reina really likes to enjoy every detail of such internal dramas. Linlin joins the two.

"You shouldn't drink so fast, Sayu. You will look like a blowfish."
- Sayu spills some water, "Blowfish?"
"Ahaha! That's right! You do, sometimes," Reina agrees with Linlin.

She gets a cheeky and looks at them with big shocked eyes.

- Then she feels offended and turns away, "I've never heard something like that."
"Ah! There it is! The blowfish!" Reina points at her cheeky face and bursts out in laughter.

Linlin joins the laughter. Sayu feels really embarrassed and angry. They both quick decide to apology before it's too late, yet Reina can't stop grinning at Sayu.
Koharu looks at the three from another side of the studio. Even though she couldn't hear what it was about, she can't help but also smile. She turns back to Aichan and sees the complete opposite to the three who seem to have a lot of fun. Surrounded by a serious aura, Aichan stares at the door with a thoughtful expression. Mitsui suddenly comes to Koharu.

"Wanna go?"
- "Eh? ..sure," Koharu nods.

Junjun notices that they are leaving, "we should go as well."
- "Hm? Sorry," Aichan stutters.

She obviously didn't listen, but sees Koharu and Mitsui leaving and waves a bye at them. Although she didn't really listen, she now can remember what she said.

- "Ah, yeah. I mean, you can ... go. I'll stay for a little longer."
"Again?"
- "Yes, don't worry. Hurry and get some sleep, tomorrow will be tough again," Aichan smiles.
Junjun laughs a bit. "Okay, boss," she replies, knowing that she can't convince her to get some sleep as well.
- "I told you not to call me boss."
"I know, I know. See you tomorrow, okay?" Junjun smiles.

Aichan isn't angry about what she said. It's a joke Junjun does from time to time. Junjun then leaves the studio as well. Linlin rushes after her and quickly waves at Aichan on her run. Aichan giggles while the remaining two also get their things and leave. Reina suddenly bows at Aichan, giggles and heads for the door. Sayu can't believe it herself and rolls with her eyes.

"Bye."
- "See you," Aichan smirks because of Reina.

Sayu closes the door behind her and so Aichan finally is all alone.

/////////////////->
0. Anonymous 01/14 14:44 NTwhM: Listen! Everyone!
Listen to your mind!
Watch it! Everyone!
Watch what's happening!
This nation, no, this world it's lowest level.
Who do you blame?
You blame yourself!
Is that right? Is that fair?
No!
Don't let IT control you! Control IT!
Tonight!
A collisions, a new path, YOUR new path!

1. Anonymous 01/14 14:46 OdhIp: huh? what the fuck was th
at?
you must be in the wrong board
or is this supposed to be your way to announce your suicide?

2. Anonymous 01/14 14:46 UaMPe: drunk?

3. Anonymous 01/14 14:47 WtBnh: He is making fun of us!
Ignore him -_-'

4. Anonymous 01/14 14:49 NTwhM: You will soon feel the sam
e way! I know it!
You all can't make them go away anymore!
They will stay, they will overtake you; hate, anger, sadness.
You fools! You children of order!
The break of chaos, everywhere, everyone.
No warning!
Announcement!
<-/////////////////

"Huh?" Kizaki Yusuke, an assistant inspector in Tokyo looks confused at his laptop.
- "What's up, Kizaki?" Murono Ryo, an police inspector whose current partner is Yusuke asks.
"Nothing, just read something weird..," he points at the screen.
- "Those boards again? Stop playing on your laptop during work!"
"That's not playing, it's called surfing," Yusuke corrects Ryo who is from an older generation.
- "..."
"Sorry."

Yusuke reads a few more entries before closing his laptop. While Ryo drinks some coffee, Yusuke wonders about this weird announcement. The board usually only has topics about group suicides and similar. He got promoted recently for preventing one of them and now is on his way to become a police inspector. Ryo is supposed to teach him some more practical things and some probably outdated values from his generation. Yusuke still is full of motivation, although he already is awake for almost 72hours.  His stomach screams for something to food and even Ryo notices the grumbling of Yusuke's revolting stomach. Unlike Ryo, he isn't yet used to have his most intimate relationship with a nice hot cup of coffee. To convince himself that a car seat or office chair are far more comfortable than a big soft bed, also is yet an obstacle in his life of a policeman in Tokyo. The whole country lacks policemen compared to the rising number of crimes. For most of the people it still seems kind of normal, for good observers it's more than only a temporary problem and for a few individuals it's beyond imagination.

You can hear somebody practicing in the dance studio. It's Aichan who practices all by herself. She sees it as her duty as leader to be the best in those things, even if it means to do extra individual trainings at evening. Her personal opinion that the leader always has to be able to support and help the other members who might have problems is what gives her this energy. Only by looking at her you can see that she really gives her all. She is sweating and not only a bit. Aichan already exchanged the long sweatpants she wore before with some sporty short pants, but it doesn't really help. Additional to her normal effort, she seems to be troubled about something and overdoes a lot of steps. It could be her conflict with Risa or something else. Finally she makes a short break to drink some water. Her eyes are still focused on the mirror, her mind probably not only going through some steps. A penny for her thoughts...

She drank enough, time to continue practice. Aichan gets back into position and starts to count in her mind. Again, it doesn't seem like she wants to stop anytime soon.

"You would be able to do this part much smoother, if you add an additional step there," a young man suddenly interrupts.
- "Huh?" Aichan is surprised, "who are you?"
"Me? I've been watching you for a while now, .. from the door," he points to the door behind him with his thumb over his shoulder.
- "You...what?!" She feels a bit embarrassed and can't believe that she didn't notice him.

~He saw me like this? And what am I wearing?~ Aichan speaks with herself in her mind. ~AH!~ She looks down herself, ~He saw me..in my shorts! Noo~! Who is he and who allowed him to come in here? I can't believe this!~

- "Who.."
"Watch carefully," he says and positions himself in front of the mirror wall.
- "Eh?"
"1,2,3,...4...5...6,7..8, got it?"

Aichan is completely confused and amazed at the same time, but she didn't really watch his steps. Somehow she starts to think that he is really cool, what makes her even more embarrassed about her outfit.

"Hey! Don't dream!" he jolts her out of her own world.
- "AH! Eh? Yes, ..sorry," Aichan doesn't really know what to say.
"Again, but this time you watch more carefully, okay?"

He does the same steps again and now Aichan actually watches them in the mirror. "Not only that he looks cool, he can dance," she probably thinks when she suddenly gives him an "Amazing!" Aichan can't believe that she actually did that, even he has to smile to himself.

"Try it too!" he suggests.

Aichan only nods, afraid to do another embarrassing girlish sound. They both go through the same steps two or three times and Aichan really starts to understand what he means.

- "Wow, that's really an improvement. I have to show this to our coach," she comments while dancing.
He smiles and looks at his watch. "Oh, it's so late already. I'm sorry, but I have to go now," he says and heads for the door, "bye."
- "What? Wait! Can't you even tell me your name?"
"Don't worry, we will definitely meet again," is his reply and his last words before leaving the studio.
- "Huh?" Aichan looks at the door as surprised as before, "who is he?"

Yusuke needed some fresh air and combines it with his hunger. He is on a short break of about one hour now and knows a really nice ramen shop not too far away from the station. It's a really small shop and as tourist you probably wouldn't find it. He knows this shop since childhood and the owner is like an uncle to him. On his way to this place, he comes across Reina. They neither really meet nor know each it, she just happens to walk at the same street, but on the other sidewalk. She is on her way home. Unlike Aichan who sweats in the warm studio, Reina freezes a bit walking down the street. It's already cold, probably four-five degree Celsius below zero. She has a nice fluffy warm jacket and a long scarf, but her legs are completely uncovered. Reina only wears a miniskirt and high heels. Today she made two mistakes, first she decided not to wear some high boots, but this wouldn't be a problem, if she didn't decide not to put on her thigh-high socks after the practice. This morning it wasn't that cold, she got heated up during training and so she made the decision not to wear them and regrets it a bit now. However, it's not a long way home anymore and so she decides to endure the cold. Reina is walking alone, but it's only the way from the train station back home. Sayu and Risa take the same train, but Reina has to get out a few stations earlier than them.

Reina tries to think of something else to forget the cold and looks up at the sky. It's a clear sky, but there are no stars. At 9pm it's dark already, but the city lights are too bright to see some stars, at least while walking. She would have to stop and concentrate, but then she would be freezing even more. Reina knows that, yet still pouts a little and makes a cute little kissy mouth. It's something she often does when she is sad, but doesn't notice it herself. She turns into another street. There are less lamps, but it's still safe enough to walk alone. Reina actually likes it when it is like that. Every light, every window now becomes really interesting and she really likes to look at windows from distance. Not that she peeks inside, it's just that sometimes you can see the shadows of people that do funny or strange things. It's really a nice way not to be bored on your way home.

~Soon I will be in my fluffy bed.~

Reina can't wait to arrive at home and fall into her bed. She can already feel her soft pillow only thinking about it. Suddenly a young girl with a school uniform bumps into her back and jolts her out of her dream rather harsh. The girl obviously didn't see her, but doesn't even apologize to Reina. She gets back up on her feet and continues to run. Reina is pissed and confused, a very bad mixture, but she also notices that the girl must be running away from somebody. She turns around, but can't see anyone.

"Odd..," Reina yawns.

Why would she care anyway? Besides, she is really tired and doesn't have the energy to care about a weird and unfriendly girl. While closing and rubbing her sleepy eyes, she suddenly hears a very loud scream not very far away.

"...her?!"

Reina guesses that it must be this girl. The scream is coming from the same direction. It sounds really terrifying and gives her goosebumps. She now is completely awake again.

Yuzuke looks at the ramen shop and can't believe that it's closed. It was the only tasty shop nearby. Well, he has no time to be sad about it. He is so hungry that he decides to get something from a vending machine. On his way to one he saw before, he suddenly hears a scream. It's not really close, but not that far either. As an assistant inspector he immediately heads into the direction it came from to check what it is about.

Reina's heart is beating really fast. She doesn't really know what awaits her around the next corner. The scream must have come from there, but what if she goes there and gets involved into some crime? Maybe the girl only slipped?

~No, she didn't sleep. This scream...,~ she thinks, but doesn't walk away.

Her curiosity and wish to help wins over her anxiety. She kind of hopes that she will only see a hurt or robbed girl she can help and that whoever did that to her already ran away. She comes up with all those things in her mind only and didn't yet look around the corner, but now she makes the move and peaks into the road.
It's dark, she can't really see much. There is no way she would walk along this road voluntary. It was a very bad decision by this school girl. Reina tries to spot anybody and then sees something white on the ground. She moves a bit closer and guesses that it must be the girl, that this is her white school shirt. Reina is really cautions and scans the surrounding, but she can't see anybody else.

~He must have run away.~

Now she is close enough to be sure of that it really is the girl from before. She is sitting and leaning against the wall. It's dark, but Reina can see her face. However, the girl isn't moving at all. That's not exactly what Reina imagined in her mind before. Reina is scared to move closer, but she can't simply walk away. She already takes out her mobile to call for help once she confirms her condition. One step after another and suddenly she stops.

"Blood! Everywhere!" Reina gets a shock, thunderstruck.

The other site of the shirt she couldn't see is completely covered in blood. That's worse than she expected, much worse. Reina covers one of her eyes. She doesn't want to look at it, but can't look away either. Reina still kinda hopes that she might be alive and decides to get a little closer. She wants a sign of life, although she probably already knows that she is dead. With a pale face, not believing what she sees and not wanting to realize that she is dead, she keeps forward and suddenly hears a splash sounds. It sounded like she stepped into a puddle.

"It's wet!" She shrieks when she feels something wet around her naked toes.

Reina looks down and..

"Ahhh!"

She quickly moves back until she hits a wall with her back. It really was a puddle, a puddle of blood. This girl must have lost an enormous amount of blood already.

"So much blood! Oh my...," Reina almost faints.

Yusuke arrives at the scene. He didn't yet turn into the rood of where the scream came from, but he stands around the corner just like Reina did before. Judging from the intensity of the scream, he knows that it must be serious and therefore he is really cautious. He peaks around the corner, but he can hardly see what's going on. However, he has better trained eyes than Reina and so he already saw the shapes of somebody lying ong the ground and another person standing at a wall. The second one is Reina, but of course they both don't know each other. Yusuke can't see the blood from there, but he already noticed that one of them at least must be hurt. His first guess is that the other person, Reina, has to have something to do with it. Now that he went through everything in his head, he decides to move around the corner and aims at Reina with his gun.

Reina didn't yet notice the cop. She is more afraid of the blood that more and more flows towards her direction and scared to death presses herself against the wall behind her. Finally she can escape her state of shock and moves away, immediately trying to call for help with her mobile.

"DON'T MOVE!" Yusuke suddenly screams at Reina.
- "Huh?" Reina is surprised and turns around, but suddenly sees a middle-aged man right in front of her.

Yusuke is surprised as well. He didn't see this man at all and now doesn't know who is the bad one. This question immediately gets answered with a sudden shot that hits him.

Reina had to cover her ears when this man suddenly shot the gun right in front of her. She then looks at where he shot and sees Yusuke lying on the ground. Now that was too much, she is completely stunned. The man sees the mobile phone in her hand and smashes it at the wall, with Reina still holding onto it, probably breaking two or three bones in her hand. Reina isn't doing anything, she can't do anything. She doesn't even scream, it's all too much, too sudden, too fast. Her mind is completely blank. She doesn't even feel the pain in her hand. However, her eyes speak for themselves, eyes full of fear, eyes only people can see who put other people into such an enormous fear. Now the man grabs her throat and presses her against the wall with the gun at her head. Reina can feel the hot muzzle of the gun and has to gasp for breath. He gets really close and looks her straight in the frightened eyes.

"You are...," he whispers with a deep voice and suddenly presses his mouth against lips.

He violently forces his tongue into her mouth. Reina doesn't know what's happening and finally tries to defend herself, not that she is able to anything though. This man simply is too strong for her and keeps his firm grip at her throat while kissing her.

Basically pinned against the wall, Reina goes through various horror scenarios in her head.

~Will he kill me? Will he rape me? No! Please! Not that! Somebody!?~

She even starts to blame herself for even going after the source of that screams. Now she ended up exactly with what she has been afraid of, involved into a very serious crime, probably ending like that schoolgirl.

~Huh? What's this?~ Reina suddenly feels something odd.
~What's this feeling? The kiss? What's happening?~ She gets a shock, because she makes some wild guesses what that could be.

The feeling she noticed, Reina thinks that it is what she read about some time ago, about victims suddenly feeling a kind of pleasure during such crimes. They don't want to, but they can't help it. Now Reina is afraid that this violent and long kiss is turning her on.

~This can't be. No,no,no,no,no..this, this isn't a feeling of pleasure. It.....it feels different.~

Reina is right, something strange is happening. The kiss, it's oddly long and he not even once changed the position of his mouth. It's like he is stuck to her mouth.

Yusuke is finally getting back up on his feet. The bullet only hit him in his left arm, but it came out of nowhere and totally surprised him. Of course he dropped his gun when he fell to the ground. He picks it up and, while his left arm hurts, he aims at the man with his right.

"Get away from her!"

He could shoot, but he doesn't. Reina is too close to him. Yusuke could hurt her, his aim isn't very steady now that he himself is hurt as well. Also, he can still be considered unexperienced when it comes to such situations. The man doesn't care about him at all. With force he keeps on forcing his tongue into Reina's mouth.

"You! I said.......what the...?" Yusuke can't believe his eyes.

The man releases his grip and even drops his weapon, but not because wants to give up, something else is happening. He slowly steps away from Reina and Yusuke can see a knife sticking in his stomach. His expressions is completely different from before. It seems like he is confused and disoriented, like a totally different person. Yusuke doesn't really know what happened, but he guesses that he must have had a knife with him and somehow Reina was able to grab it and stab him to defend herself. However, Reina isn't running away or something. She actually moves towards the man again, but this time with the complete opposite of an fearful expression. Yusuke already put his gun down and wants tell her to come to him, but then he sees something odd, a sword-like thing. Reina is holding a sword or whatever in her right hand that got seriously hurt before. Suddenly she moves up the sword and attacks the man. Yusuke gets a shock, she basically slices him into two. Not only that it happened out of nowhere, he never before such brutal thing in person, not counting some gory movies. She also must be very strong and the sword very sharp. The sword went through the man like through butter. However, Reina doesn't really look that powerful to him.

"What ...just happened?" Yusuke asks himself.

He stares at Reina who now turns towards him. She looks at him with an evil smirk and eyes that could kill you. Luckily for him that they don't, but he still is like paralyzed, not being able to move at all. While his body isn't able to move anymore, his eyes are and notice that the sword disappeared again. Reina is still some meters away from hin and decided to use a gun instead of a sword. At least she now holds a gun in her hand, pointing at Yusuke. Suddenly she breaks down a bit, the gun disappearing in the smoke. She holds her heart and seems to be in a lot of pain. Yusuke himself forgot to call for reinforcement, but he can hear the sound of arriving help. Somebody must have called the police after hearing the scream and the shot. Reina can also hear the sirens and starts to walk away. After a few steps her pain seems to decrease, because she is able to run now.

She arrives at the main road. The bright lights are dazzling her. They are blurred in her eyes and seem to be everywhere. Reina can get a hold of herself again and wonders where she is.

"Wha.....wha.....," she hardly can breath, "...what.....what happened?"

All she know is that she is in incredible pain. Her hand, her head, her whole body, her heart, everything is hurting. She holds her broken right hand and stumbles her away along the sidewalk. People around her only look, but they don't help. The fact that one half of her is completely covered in blood makes her really suspicious. You can also see some people grabbing their mobiles and calling for police. Reina herself can't really see anything. She can feel a coldness overtaking her body and her sight is blurry. It doesn't take long and she finally collapses. She looses her consciousness and lies on the ground. A crowd of people gathers around her, but everyone is too afraid to do anything.

"Move..!"

Yusuke arrives and tells the people to move away. He followed her despite his own wound and now sees her lying on the floor. Down on his knees he takes some deep breaths and looks at her with a still confused look.

"Ambulance!" He shouts at the crowd.
- "Yes, yes,...I...I already called," some random woman replies.

Yusuke feels her pulse, but everything seems normal.

"This innocent face....what happened to her?" He whispers.

Please tell me when you find some serious grammatical mistakes or typos. I hope you enjoyed reading it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:19:30 AM by HPriest »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 01]
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 12:48:09 AM »
"...5,6,7,9. 1,2,3,4..."
Ummmm...dude. :P

"Again!" Aichan says rather harsh. She really puts on a strict tone at those lessons. On one hand it's to force them all to get better again, but on the other hand she really has it in for one of the girls.

"...3,4...no! Stop, stop, stop! You did it wrong again!"
- "Ah, give me a break," Risa sighs.

Risa gets a lot of criticism from Aichan, although she is the sub-leader in the group. The two seem to be on bad terms with each other, not only during the extra practice.
Stress from having to take on the leader position?

"Where do you think you are going?" Aichan gets really pissed.
- "I'm out of here," Risa answers in a kind of insultingly calm way.
- "Bye~," she waves in front the door.
"You...!"

The rest of what Aichan wanted to say got drowned by the sound of the slamming door. Aichan is shocked and surprised that Risa really left.
Whoa. :O

"Here," Junjun walks up to Aichan and gives her a towel, "we should end the practice for today."
- "Thank you. You are right.." she takes the towel and wipes the sweat out of her face.

Junjun smiles and pats her on the back.

"Isn't it weird that Junjun, the new one, is the one who has to cheer up our leader?" Reina wonders.
- "You think so?" Sayu looks at Aichan and Junjun.
Hmmm...maybe there's another, unspoken reason why Aichan and Risa aren't getting along.  :sweatdrop:

- "Those boards again? Stop playing on your laptop during work!"
"That's not playing, it's called surfing," Yusuke corrects Ryo who is from an older generation.
- "..."
"Sorry."
Heh, probably most people here are guilty of 'Net surfing while at work. :lol:

Those posts that Yusuke was reading were somewhat dark in tone and gave off a "doomsday" kind of vibe.

Yusuke wonders about this weird announcement. The board usually only has topics about group suicides and similar. He got promoted recently for preventing one of them and now is on his way to become a police inspector.
Ah, so then, might this story be a crime mystery/drama? :)

You can hear somebody practicing in the dance studio. It's Aichan who practices all by herself. She sees it as her duty as leader to be the best in those things, even if it means to do extra individual trainings at evening. Her personal opinion that the leader always has to be able to support and help the other members who might have problems is what gives her this energy.

"You would be able to do this part much smoother, if you add an additional step there," a young man suddenly interrupts.
- "Huh?" Aichan is surprised, "who are you?"
"Me? I've been watching you for a while now, .. from the door," he points to the door behind him with his thumb over his shoulder.
- "You...what?!" She feels a bit embarrassed and can't believe that she didn't notice him.
Oooooooooh...I got a bad feeling about this. :O

He does the same steps again and now Aichan actually watches them in the mirror. "Not only that he looks cool, he can dance," she probably thinks when she suddenly gives him an "Amazing!" Aichan can't believe that she actually did that, even he has to smile to himself.

He smiles and looks at his watch. "Oh, it's so late already. I'm sorry, but I have to go now," he says and heads for the door, "bye."
- "What? Wait! Can't you even tell me your name?"
"Don't worry, we will definitely meet again," is his reply and his last words before leaving the studio.
- "Huh?" Aichan looks at the door as surprised as before, "who is he?"
The fact that he doesn't introduce himself is odd and disconcerting. Then there's the whole question about how he was able to get into the studio considering how Aichan didn't recognize him as one of the staff.

At 9pm it's dark already, but the city lights are too bright to see some stars, at least while walking. She would have to stop and concentrate, but then she would be freezing even more. Reina knows that, yet still pouts a little and makes a cute little kissy mouth. It's something she often does when she is sad, but doesn't notice it herself. She turns into another street. There are less lamps, but it's still safe enough to walk alone.
Uh-oh...   :hip aww:

Suddenly a young girl with a school uniform bumps into her back and jolts her out of her dream rather harsh. The girl obviously didn't see her, but doesn't even apology to Reina. She gets back up on her feet and continues to run. Reina is pissed and confused, a very bad mixture, but she also notices that the girl must be running away from somebody. She turns around, but can't see anyone.

"Odd..," Reina yawns.

Why would she care anyway? Besides, she is really tired and doesn't have the energy to care about a weird and unfriendly girl. While closing and rubbing her sleepy eyes, she suddenly hears a very loud scream not very far away.

"...her?!"

Reina guesses that it must be this girl. The scream is coming from the same direction. It sounds really terrifying and gives her goosebumps. She now is completely awake again.

Yuzuke looks at the ramen shop and can't believe that it's closed. It was the only tasty shop nearby. Well, he has no time to be sad about it. He is so hungry that he decides to get something from a vending machine. On his way to one he saw before, he suddenly hears a scream. It's not really close, but not that far either. As an assistant inspector he immediately heads into the direction it came from to check what it is about.
Be careful you two. No way of knowing what it is that you could be getting into.

Now she is close enough to be sure of that it really is the girl from before. She is sitting and leaning against the wall. It's dark, but Reina can see her face. However, the girl isn't moving at all. That's not exactly what Reina imagined in her mind before. Reina is scared to move closer, but she can't simply walk away. She already takes out her mobile to call for help once she confirms her condition. One step after another and suddenly she stops.

"Blood! Everywhere!" Reina gets a shock, thunderstruck.
MURRRRRDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :OMG:

Oh crap, and Reina's right there! She'll end up being the main suspect if she's not careful!

Yusuke arrives at the scene.

His first guess is that the other person, Reina, has to have something to do with it. Now that he went through everything in his head, he decides to move around the corner and aims at Reina with his gun.

Reina didn't yet notice the cop. She is more afraid of the blood that more and more flows towards her direction and scared to death presses herself against the wall behind her. Finally she can escape her state of shock and moves away, immediately trying to call for help with her mobile.

"DON'T MOVE!" Yusuke suddenly screams at Reina.
- "Huh?" Reina is surprised and turns around, but suddenly sees a middle-aged man right in front of her.

Yusuke is surprised as well. He didn't see this man at all and now doesn't know who is the bad one. This question immediately gets answered with a sudden shot that hits him.
Yakuza? Another cop?

Reina had to cover her ears when this man suddenly shot the gun right in front of her. She then looks at where he shot and sees Yusuke lying on the ground. Now that was too much, she is completely stunned. The man sees the mobile phone in her hand and smashes it at the wall, with Reina still holding onto it, probably breaking two or three bones in her hand. Reina isn't doing anything, she can't do anything
Ok, DEFINITELY not another cop.  :shocked:

"You are...," he whispers with a deep voice and suddenly presses his mouth against lips.

He violently forces his tongue into her mouth. Reina doesn't know what's happening and finally tries to defend herself, not that she is able to anything though. This man simply is too strong for her and keeps his firm grip at her throat while kissing her.
OY!!! Take your grubby lips off of Reina!!!  :mon blowhorn:

~Huh? What's this?~ Reina suddenly feels something odd.
~What's this feeling? The kiss? What's happening?~ She gets a shock, because she makes some wild guesses what that could be.

The feeling she noticed, Reina thinks that it is what she read about some time ago, about victims suddenly feeling a kind of pleasure during such crimes. They don't want to, but they can't help it. Now Reina is afraid that this violent and long kiss is turning her on.

~This can't be. No,no,no,no,no..this, this isn't a feeling of pleasure. It.....it feels different.~

Reina is right, something strange is happening. The kiss, it's oddly long and he not even once changed the position of his mouth. It's like he is stuck to her mouth.
WTF???   :?

This dude just some crazed wota?

Yusuke is finally getting back up on his feet. The bullet only hit him in his left arm, but it came out of nowhere and totally surprised him.
Nice to see he's not dead. :yep:

The man releases his grip and even drops his weapon, but not because wants to give up, something else is happening. He slowly steps away from Reina and Yusuke can see a knife sticking in his stomach. His expressions is completely different from before. It seems like he is confused and disoriented, like a totally different person. Yusuke doesn't really know what happened, but he guesses that he must have had a knife with him and somehow Reina was able to grab it and stab him to defend herself. However, Reina isn't running away or something. She actually moves towards the man again, but this time with the complete opposite of an fearful expression. Yusuke already put his gun down and wants tell her to come to him, but then he sees something odd, a sword-like thing. Reina is holding a sword or whatever in her right hand that got seriously hurt before. Suddenly she moves up the sword and attacks the man. Yusuke gets a shock, she basically slices him into two. Not only that it happened out of nowhere, he never before such brutal thing in person, not counting some gory movies. She also must be very strong and the sword very sharp. The sword went through the man like through butter. However, Reina doesn't really look that powerful to him.

"What ...just happened?" Yusuke asks himself.
My thoughts exactly. :dunno:

At first I thought, GJ Reina on realizing she could grab the guy's knife to defend herself, but then...where the hell did that sword come from???   :pig huh:

He stares at Reina who now turns towards him. She looks at him with an evil smirk and eyes that could kill you. Luckily for him that they don't, but he still is like paralyzed, not being able to move at all. While his body isn't able to move anymore, his eyes are and notice that the sword disappeared again. Reina is still some meters away from hin and decided to use a gun instead of a sword. At least she now holds a gun in her hand, pointing at Yusuke. Suddenly she breaks down a bit, the gun disappearing in the smoke. She holds her heart and seems to be in a lot of pain. Yusuke himself forgot to call for reinforcement, but he can hear the sound of arriving help. Somebody must have called the police after hearing the scream and the shot. Reina can also hear the sirens and starts to walk away. After a few steps her pain seems to decrease, because she is able to run now.
Oh shit...don't tell me Reina's been possessed, and that whatever entity it is transferred over to her by making the other guy kiss her???  :mon spit:

Yusuke arrives and tells the people to move away. He followed her despite his own wound and now sees her lying on the floor. Down on his knees he takes some deep breaths and looks at her with a still confused look.

"Ambulance!" He shouts at the crowd.
- "Yes, yes,...I...I already called," some random woman replies.

Yusuke feels her pulse, but everything seems normal.

"This innocent face....what happened to her?" He whispers.
If my guess is right, then the other girls are potentially going to be in grave danger.  :mon scare:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:57:33 AM »
Few typos:
"Finally she makes a short brake to drink some water."
This should be "break", right? =)

"...but doesn't even apology to Reina."
And this should be "apologize", methinks.

Anyways, about the story itself, it's already quite dark, which is usually a negative for me. ^.^; Though I'm quite intrigued about the sudden dual personality that Tanaka displayed...We shall have to see...

Offline HPriest

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 02:37:02 PM »
Yep, thanks for pointing them out.
Same goes for JFC .. 5,6,7,9..*sigh*
I am not good with lighter fics or even comedy, so I prefer those more dark stories. :)

Offline HPriest

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 02]
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 11:26:25 PM »
Step 02 - Confusion

Shock! Junjun eyes are wide open. She stares at the ceiling and clings to her blanket, completely overwhelmed about what she just saw. Right now she isn't able to move at all, the dream is still in her head, the images too strong. Slowly she lifts up her upper body, still holding onto the blanket. With her left hand she touches her neck and feels how hot and sweaty she is. When she moves from the neck to the front, she can feel her fast heartbeat. It's steadily calming down again, finally getting over this intense dream.

"Reina..," Junjun whispers with an exhausted and very soft voice.

She looks at her left hand that still is wet from the sweat.

"Ahhhh!" Her heart begins to beat faster again.

She immediately rushes out of her blanket, away from the mat. Actually she runs away from her hand. It was covered in blood and threw her back to what she just dreamed.

"Come on Li. It was a dream. You are fantasizing," Junjun tries to calm herself down.

Sitting in a corner of the small room, only in her pajama with her naked feet getting cold and crunched toes. Slowly she moves up her hand again to confirm that there is no blood at all. She sighs, there is no blood at all. However, she still touches her neck and chest to be absolutely sure about it, but there is no blood as well. Junjun eases her toes and her heart also calms down again. Her legs are now lying stretched out in a comfortable position in front of her. Actually it isn't that warm in her room, but her body is still so hot from the dream that she has to open two buttons of her pajama to cool herself down. While opening the second button, she finally gets curious about why it is so bright in her room. She looks around and sees a light coming from a drawer.

"What now?" Junjun sighs at all the odd things that seem to happen this night.

This time she stays realistic and calm. It probably only is some lamp she put in there. She gets up to check it out, walks over the mat and after two more steps she reaches the drawer.
The room indeed is tiny, but UFA didn't want to pay for more. Junjun might end up being only about a year in Japan and so they don't want to waste too much money. She still likes and thinks that it's cute like so many things in this crazy country. Junjun isn't Japanese, she is from China and her real name is Li Chun. Right now she is a member in a group called Morning Musume. Her and another girl from China, Qian Lin or "Linlin", just got the opportunity to join THE idol group in Japan.
Anyway, back to the mysterious light coming from one of her drawers. Junjun stands right in front of it.

"Please not another bloody hand," she jokes.

Right when she wants to open the drawer, she notices a weird shadow on the wall to her left. The fact that the shadow is on this wall means that it must be coming from the window to her right. She turns around to the window, but she only is able a small part of something that flew away right when she turned around.

"Okay...," now Junjun really becomes frightened. Whatever is happening, she doesn't like it.
"If this is a dream, then now should be the time when I wake up."

Too bad that nobody is listening and that it isn't a dream, just like her dream from before wasn't only a dream either.

"Huh," Junjun notices something near the window, "what's that?"

It's really hard to see, but there seems to be a very thin black layer floating in front of the window. She moves her head towards the window and concentrates on this thing. Then it suddenly becomes pitch black, so black that you aren't able to look through it anymore. Short after that it sends out a shock wave, resulting in the window bursting in hundreds of shards. Junjun gets scared to death and doesn't know what to do. All those sharp pieces of glass fly towards her with an incredible speed that it would be useless to try to dodge them. She closes her eyes and covers her head with her arms. Sure, it covers her head, but so much that she doesn't get hurt at all? That's what's happening, nothing. Junjun is confused and opens her eyes again. However, it's so bright that she has problems to see what's happening. It's the same light that came out of the drawer before. Her eyes finally adopt to the brightness and she is able to see the current situation.

"A book?" She wonders when she sees a book flying in front of her.

This book seems like it created some kind of shield to protect her from the shards. Junjun notices that it's getting cold around her chest and While she buttons up her pajama again, she gets completely surrounded by a white light. She looks around and feels like in a completely different room. Everything is white, the floor, the ceiling, the walls, if there are any. This looks like an endless room. Junjun immediately thinks that she died and wants to rub her eyes, but there are no hands. She looks down herself and realizes that she has no body anymore.

"Am I really dead?" Junjun asks herself.

The feeling that she died steadily grows inside of her and she begins to cry. After all she is still young, too young to die. Panic starts to overtake her mind and she starts to scream. Without having a mouth, her scream still is able to fill out the endless white space. Suddenly a letter appears in front of her, and another, and another, slowly forming words.

"Don't worry, you are not dead, you are safe."

In the hospital.

"The bullet went right through your arm," the doctor explains.
- "Ehh?" Yusuke is quite shocked to hear that.
"However, it didn't hit anything important and it should only leave a small scar once it is completely healed."

Yusuke has been in the hospital for a while already. He even got his bandage already.

"You will be fine," the doctor claps on his shoulder.
- "It hurts!" Yusuke panics.

Ryo is also in the room and laughs a bit. The doctor is a friend of him.

"Isn't that supposed to be the job for a nurse?" Ryo asks the doctor.
- "Since he is your partner, I thought of giving him our special treatment."

Somebody knocks at the door and comes inside. It's superintendent Hazegawa. The doctor leaves the room, while Hazegawa looks at Ryo and Yusuke with the complete opposite of a happy face.

"Could somebody explain me what this report is supposed to mean? Is this a joke?" He wags a sheet of paper in front of him of what seems to be Yusuke's report in front of him.
- "See?" Ryo looks at Yusuke.
"What?"
- "I told him that you will think that it is a joke."
"..but it's the truth!" Yusuke defends himself while Hazegawa starts to read out the report.

'A crazy middle-aged man killed a girl and attacked another. The second girl defended herself and overreacted by literally slicing him into two. Later she collapsed on a sidewalk about 100 meters away from the actual crime scene. ..."

Yusuke only sits on the bed and nods, making him even more angry. He obviously doesn't realize that nobody is going to believe this story. Also, none of the weapons he mentioned have been found at the scene.

"Don't ever let this story go public! They would think that we are crazy!" Hazegawa pauses to think.
"Position somebody in front of her room! Nobody is allowed to talk to her before me!" He orders his assistant.
- "..but her parents are..," his assistant mentions.
"I don't care about her parents!" He shouts and leaves the room.

- "I am not making it up," Yusuke whispers.
"Mmh?" Ryo couldn't hear it.
- "..everything I said and wrote in that report, it really happened!"
"Don't worry," Ryo replies with a bit of a doubtful voice, "try to get some sleep and tomorrow we will talk again."

He leaves the room and really is concerned about Yusuke. They are not really close yet, but he still feels that this incident might have had a big influence on Yusuke. Being shot is always something that can throw you out of your ordinary life, especially for such a young person like him. He really wants to believe his story, but it's all just too weird. Ryo fears that Yusuke might have a trauma or something.

Still in the hospital, only in another room.
Reina has a single room as well. It's very quiet inside it. The room is dark, only some light from outside shines through the window. She lies in her bed, completely calm and asleep.
With a blink she slowly wakes up and opens her eyes. The reflection in her eyes make them sparkle in the dark. There seems to be no sign of the cruel thing she did back then. She lifts her head up a bit and looks around to see where she actually is. All the medical stuff make it quite obvious that she lies in a hospital. The first thing she notices after that is that her right hand is in plaster. Reina tries to sit up, but she is still too weak. The doctors probably gave her some medication to help her having a calm sleep. So, she lies down her head again and touches her forehead with her left hand. The biggest pain she has right now is only a small headache.

"What happened? Why am I here?"

She really can't remember. A few images of what happened until she saw the whole blood fly around her head, but they are more like a puzzle. However, Reina is scared about the fact that she can't remember and so she keeps on concentrating, trying to solve this puzzle. Suddenly all the images merge together and she remembers everything within only a few seconds. Her headache increases, yet the memory still isn't complete. Reina wants to remember it so much that she doesn't consider it might be better not to remember everything. The more she concentrates, the more she remember. Reina's last piece of memory lasts until the point where this unknown man violently kisses her. Now her headache becomes unbearable. It's impossible for her to remember more, if she doesn't want to end the pain.
Then her eyes suddenly open wide. They are full of pain again. Something in heart, it replaces the pain in her head and it's much stronger. Reina rapidly starts to blink with her eyes. She gets the impression that everything in the room is getting darker and guesses she might loose her consciousness. Then she startles, small bright flashes appear in the room. They make no sound at all, no thunder, nothing, scary. Suddenly she isn't able to breath anymore. No matter how hard she tries, there is no air getting into her lungs. Just before she looses her consciousness, she sees big red letters on the wall ahead of her and together create a not so nice message for her, "Sleep!"

About two hours ago, Risa arrived at home. She didn't go straight to bed, simply because she wasn't sleepy yet. Although she doesn't really know, she still is angry about Aichan. It's been like that between the two for almost two weeks already.
Now, after some evening snack and some TV, she finally decides to go to bed. Just now she notices that the LED of her answering machine. She must have overlooked because of her bad mood. Anyway, it's a message from her mom.

//Risa? Still at work? ..I..I just wanted...did you meet somebody? You probably did. Well, ...I will call you tomorrow again. You probably have a lot of questions.//

Risa is confused and picks up the telephone, but realizes that it's way too late to call her back now.

"What is she talking about? Somebody? Who?" She shakes her head and yawns.

*Knock knock*

"Hm? Who's that?" Risa wonders, "...at such a time..?"
"Yes?" She asks through the door.

*Knock knock*

Risa doubts that it is some weird drunk guy, but stays carefully and only opens the door a bit.

"Yes?"
- "Little sister!"
"Huh?"
- "Finally!" He smiles at her, he who we already know. It's the same young man who taught Aichan a few dance steps some hours ago.

While he is happy and joyful, Risa has no clue what he is talking about. He already wants to step inside, but Risa bangs the, hitting his head and knee.

- "Ahh, that hurt!" He steps back and she closes the door.
- "Waa~ait!"
"Sorry! Well,...excuse me, but...I don't know who you are. You must be at the wrong door."
- "You are not Risa?"

~He knows my name?~ Risa is surprised, ~his sister? I'm his sister and he...my brother? Impossible!~

- "Risa?"

~It's probably not that hard to find out somebody's name. Maybe, ...maybe he is a stalker? Ewww!~

- "Niigaki Risa?"
"Get away!"
- "Risa. Let me in...."
"I don't know what you are talking about, YOU STALKER!"
- "Stalker? Wait, ...me?"
"Please, go away or I will call the police!"
- "Come on..."
"I'm calling~"
- "NO! WAIT! Didn't our mother inform you?"

~Our mother?~ Risa is confused by his persistence, ~something feels odd. Could it be...he says the truth? ....nah!"

- "Here, look."
"What?"
- "Open the door, it's a letter."

Risa isn't really sure what to do, but somehow there is a feeling inside of her that tells her to listen to him. That's why she decides to open the door.

- "Here..," he shows her the letter.

She grabs it and closes the door right in front of his face again. Even though she has this voice inside her head, it doesn't mean that she completely has to listen to it. Anyway, she reads the letter.

//Hello Risa,
I hope you are not too shocked. You read this probably because I wasn't able to reach you by phone. When I told him about you, he immediately wanted to visit you. He just arrived from America and I've been surprised as well. You probably wonder why I never told you about your brother, but I will explain everything. I will call you when I am back from work.
...,Mom.//

~"I will call you when I am back from work." Huh?~ Risa remembers the message on her answering machine.

//...did you meet somebody? ... You probably have a lot of questions.//

She goes to check when her mom called and yes, the time matches with what is written in the letter. Her mom called around the time when she usually arrives at home. This means that the letter is probably from her.

~Does this mean....?~ Risa gets a shock and looks at the door, ~...my brother?~

Again in the hospital and again in Reina's room.
Everything seems normal, she is sleeping again after she probably lost her consciousness some minutes before. A policeman is now sitting in front of the room, with the order to not let anybody in, especially no reporters. Of course he also is supposed to keep an eye on her and not let her run away. However, she doesn't really get the treatment of a murderer yet, things are still too unclear. Only Yusuke saw what really happened, but he struggles with trying to understand what he saw.
Suddenly Reina's eyes open again. This time not the typical slow waking-up-movement. They opened so fast that it seemed that she has been awake for a while already. She also doesn't look tired or confused anymore. In fact, she doesn't look like she is herself anymore. The same expression of when she killed that man. Reina sits up and disconnects the infusion. There seems to be no pain in either her head or heart anymore. With a serious look she scans her surrounding. Her eyes stop at the wardrobe. She steps out of the bed, wearing those typical clothes of a patient and walks over to the wardrobe. Reina is probably trying to find her clothes, but there is nothing inside this wardrobe, except of towels and stuff like that. Her own clothes are not here.
The cop in front of the door hears some noise. It isn't really loud, but he still decides to check inside. Her eyes focus on the door. Reina seems to hear or feel that he is coming inside. He opens the door and sees the empty bed. Of course he is shocked and immediately looks around the room, but she is not there. She is actually standing right behind him, but he is too irritated to notice her. Reina slowly closes the door so that they can be alone. While he might be irritated, he isn't stupid. The light from the hallway gets smaller and smaller, indicating that the door must be closing. First he things that it simply closes by itself due to the wind, but he can see that the window is closed. He turns around, the door suddenly closes with a bang, but nobody is there.

"Crap, did she sneak out?" He wonders and wants to open the door, but right at that moment somebody attacks him from behind.

Of course it's Reina who is attacking him. With fast and silent movements, she has been able to stay out of his sight. From behind she attacked him with a knife that again appeared out of nowhere. Her attack is cruel, stabbing him right through his neck so that the knife sticks out of his throat. The knife went right through his spinal cord, making it impossible for him to move anymore. It also blocks his trachea, not letting any air out or in his lungs. This way he will have some seconds full of pain. It even looks like that she intentionally missed his carotid artery to instantly kill him, enjoying those last seconds of pain and panic. You can see her grinning face in the dark room. No, Reina really doesn't seem to be herself anymore. After she finally lets go of his now dead body, she focuses her eyes on the door again. There is nobody coming in this time. She seems to do something else while the knife disappears in the air again.
About one or two minutes later, she stops staring at the door. It's unknown what she did, but now she leaves the room and not through the window. Reina opens the door, looks around the hallway, steps outside, smiles and closes it again. She walks down the hallway without the fear of being stopped or spotted. A nurse passes her, but she doesn't say anything. While the nurse passes the room where Reina came from, she notices something red flowing out from under the door. As a nurse she immediately knows what this is and opens the door to find the dead policeman. Reina doesn't turn around, but only hearing the scream of the nurse makes her smile. More people pass her, rushing to the scene, but nobody seems to care about a patient walking down the hallways. At the reception two or three people look at her direction, but they act weird. From their reaction you can tell that they looked at her direction, because they saw something, but it turned out to be nothing, like if she was invisible. Did Reina make herself invisible?

Whatever she did, she leaves the hospital through the front door without anybody stopping her. In front of the hospital, she suddenly stops and looks at a bus stop. A girl is sitting there, directly looking her way, having a great resemblance with Sayumi, wait, it really is Sayumi! Their eye contact gets interrupted by a passing truck and although the break only lasted for about two seconds, Reina can't see her anymore. Sayumi disappeared.
Reina doesn't seem to be too surprised about the sudden encounter, puts on an evil grin and continues to walk away from the hospital.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 02]
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 04:45:58 AM »
Shock! Junjun eyes are wide open. She stares at the ceiling and clings to her blanket, completely overwhelmed about what she just saw. Right now she isn't able to move at all, the dream is still in her head, the images too strong. Slowly she lifts up her upper body, still holding onto the blanket. With her left hand she touches her neck and feels how hot and sweaty she is. When she moves from the neck to the front, she can feel her fast heartbeat. It's steadily calming down again, finally getting over this intense dream.

"Come on Li. It was a dream. You are fantasizing," Junjun tries to calm herself down.
Were you, really?  :shocked:  Was Junjun just dreaming, or might it be that she actually saw what happened to Reina?

Actually it isn't that warm in her room, but her body is still so hot from the dream that she has to open two buttons of her pajama to cool herself down.
:drool:

It's really hard to see, but there seems to be a very thin black layer floating in front of the window. She moves her head towards the window and concentrates on this thing. Then it suddenly becomes pitch black, so black that you aren't able to look through it anymore. Short after that it sends out a shock wave, resulting in the window bursting in hundreds of shards. Junjun gets scared to death and doesn't know what to do. All those sharp pieces of glass fly towards her with an incredible speed that it would be useless to try to dodge them. She closes her eyes and covers her head with her arms.
:OMG:

"A book?" She wonders when she sees a book flying in front of her.

This book seems like it created some kind of shield to protect her from the shards.
Hope Junjun got a look at what that book looked like. It might exist in real life.

The feeling that she died steadily grows inside of her and she begins to cry. After all she is still young, too young to die. Panic starts to overtake her mind and she starts to scream. Without having a mouth, her scream still is able to fill out the endless white space. Suddenly a letter appears in front of her, and another, and another, slowly forming words.

"Don't worry, you are not dead, you are safe."
Letters? :?

Yusuke has been in the hospital for a while already. He even got his bandage already.

Somebody knocks at the door and comes inside. It's superintendent Hazegawa. The doctor leaves the room, while Hazegawa looks at Ryo and Yusuke with the complete opposite of a happy face.

"Could somebody explain me what this report is supposed to mean? Is this a joke?" He wags a sheet of paper in front of him of what seems to be Yusuke's report in front of him.

"..but it's the truth!" Yusuke defends himself while Hazegawa starts to read out the report.

'A crazy middle-aged man killed a girl and attacked another. The second girl defended herself and overreacted by literally slicing him into two. Later she collapsed on a sidewalk about 100 meters away from the actual crime scene. ..."
Reina. :O

"Don't ever let this story go public! They would think that we are crazy!" Hazegawa pauses to think.
"Position somebody in front of her room! Nobody is allowed to talk to her before me!" He orders his assistant.
- "..but her parents are..," his assistant mentions.
"I don't care about her parents!" He shouts and leaves the room.
Hmmmm...does Hazegawa even know who she is? They might not be able to keep this story quiet, no matter how hard they try.

Reina wants to remember it so much that she doesn't consider it might be better not to remember everything. The more she concentrates, the more she remember. Reina's last piece of memory lasts until the point where this unknown man violently kisses her. Now her headache becomes unbearable. It's impossible for her to remember more, if she doesn't want to end the pain.
Whatever it was that possessed her at that point obviously has blocked out Reina's memory of that time. It probably completely suppresses the host personality so that it has full control over the body.

Then she startles, small bright flashes appear in the room. They make no sound at all, no thunder, nothing, scary. Suddenly she isn't able to breath anymore. No matter how hard she tries, there is no air getting into her lungs. Just before she looses her consciousness, she sees big red letters on the wall ahead of her and together create a not so nice message for her, "Sleep!"
Whatever it is, it's trying to knock her unconscious again?

About two hours ago, Risa arrived at home. She didn't go straight to bed, simply because she wasn't sleepy yet. Although she doesn't really know, she still is angry about Aichan. It's been like that between the two for almost two weeks already.
Huh? How come? :cry:

after some evening snack and some TV, she finally decides to go to bed. Just now she notices that the LED of her answering machine. She must have overlooked because of her bad mood. Anyway, it's a message from her mom.

//Risa? Still at work? ..I..I just wanted...did you meet somebody? You probably did. Well, ...I will call you tomorrow again. You probably have a lot of questions.//
Mm? :dunno:

//Hello Risa,
I hope you are not too shocked. You read this probably because I wasn't able to reach you by phone. When I told him about you, he immediately wanted to visit you. He just arrived from America and I've been surprised as well. You probably wonder why I never told you about your brother, but I will explain everything. I will call you when I am back from work.
...,Mom.//
EEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!??!
RISA HAS A BROTHER?!?!?!?  :mon spit:

Suddenly Reina's eyes open again. This time not the typical slow waking-up-movement. They opened so fast that it seemed that she has been awake for a while already. She also doesn't look tired or confused anymore. In fact, she doesn't look like she is herself anymore. The same expression of when she killed that man.
Oh crap. It's the thing that took over her before.  :bleed eyes:

"Crap, did she sneak out?" He wonders and wants to open the door, but right at that moment somebody attacks him from behind.

Of course it's Reina who is attacking him. With fast and silent movements, she has been able to stay out of his sight. From behind she attacked him with a knife that again appeared out of nowhere. Her attack is cruel, stabbing him right through his neck so that the knife sticks out of his throat.
Shit, it's some type of psychotic killer personality, and it looks like it has supernatural/paranormal abilities. :mon scare:

In front of the hospital, she suddenly stops and looks at a bus stop. A girl is sitting there, directly looking her way, having a great resemblance with Sayumi, wait, it really is Sayumi! Their eye contact gets interrupted by a passing truck and although the break only lasted for about two seconds, Reina can't see her anymore. Sayumi disappeared.
The fact that the being that possessed Reina saw and recognized Sayu is worrisome.  He could easily target her next.  On top of that, the fact that Sayu disappeared almost instantly while looking right at "her" is curious.

Offline HPriest

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 03]
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 07:40:32 PM »
Step 03 - Dejection

Ryo looks into the room, the dead policeman, lying in a sea of blood. It's too disgusting to look at, but he can't look away either. Hazegawa also arrives at the scene and takes a very short look.

"Fuck..."

Yusuke has been sleeping up until now. He can hear a lot of noise in the hallway and wonders what's up. From the light shining through the window, he finds out that a lot of cars with sirens are standing outside. First he thinks that it must be ambulances, but when he looks out of the window, he sees that those lights are in fact coming from police cars. Now he really is curious about what happened and decides to get out of his room. Cops are trying to keep people from getting any closer to a room. Ryo and Hazegawa are standing in front of it. At the floor he can see blood.

"Somebody got killed?" He wonders.

Slowly he walks up to the scene. One cop knows who he is and so he lets him pass.

"What happened?" Yusuke asks.
- "What are you doing out here?" Ryo doesn't look really happy.
- "You are supposed to rest!"
"I'm fine...," he replies, surprised about how much Ryo actually cares about his health.

He heads towards the open door to look inside.

"Don't!" Ryo tries to stop him, but it's too late.

Yusuke is overwhelmed by the scene, the images burn into his brain, his breathing increases. Ryo grabs him and moves him away from the door. He knows that Yusuke isn't a friend of blood.

"Are you okay?"
- "Y....yes...," Yusuke calms down.

"The worst thing is that he is one of our own," Hazegawa says with an angry voice.
"Do we know who might have done it?" He asks.
- "Nope, the room was empty," Ryo answers.
"Why has he been here?"
- "No clue..."
"Wait!" Yusuke interrupts, feeling like something is wrong.
- "What?"
"..nothing."
- "Are you not feeling good?" Ryo wonders.

Yusuke is feeling good, but something else is on his mind. It's like he knows why this man has been in the hospital and who might have something to do with it, but he simply can't get any clear images in his mind. He looks at number of the room and suddenly he remembers something, very blurry images of him arriving at the hospital. Somebody on a stretcher, some person who got into this hospital with him. A doctor immediately checked on that person, but there were no big injuries or something. Then he checked his wound and decided to treat him first. The other person, they send her into that room, the exact same room where the policeman got killed. Yusuke clearly remembers the nurse saying that room number.

"The room hasn't been empty!"
- "Mh?"
"When I got here, I came with somebody, in the same ambulance."
- "What? Why didn't you say it earlier?"
"I....I didn't? My head, it's hurting...," Yusuke gets dizzy.
- "Slow...., don't overstrain yourself," Ryo holds him.

"Check the documents of the hospital!" Hazegawa orders his assistant.

While they wait for the info, Yusuke starts to remember more things. It's all blurry, but he can remember what happened at the street, how he got shot and that he chased after somebody.

"A girl!"
- "What?"
"It was a girl!"
- "Who?"
"Who killed that man in the side road."
- "What man?"

The assistant comes back, but with a negative message. There was nobody with Yusuke when he got taken into this hospital.

"..but...but we talked about her, after I got my bandage...," Yusuke keeps on remembering more and more stuff.
- "We did? Hm, I can't really remember what we talked about." Ryo looks at Hazegawa.
"Me neither.."

Yusuke can't believe that nobody seems to remember what happened. Ryo guesses that it's because of Yusuke's shock that she fantasizes things. While he brings him back to his room, he tells Yusuke about the side road incident. It seems like Yusuke tried to save a girl from a murderer, but he was too late and even ended up being shot. The murdered fled. Yusuke is confused, what is the meaning of the blurry memory he has? It clearly tells a different story than what Ryo told him. Something is weird, he doesn't know what think of the images. Maybe it's really his shock?

"We really have no clue about who killed the man in that room?" Yusuke asks when he lies in his bed again.
- "What man?" Ryo is confused.
"The scene we just came from?"
- "I don't know what you are talking about. I just came here to visit you."
"...," Yusuke is speechless.
- "What?"
"It's not funny, stop making jokes about a murder."
- "..you are strange, try to get some rest, you must have a trauma or something."
"I...", Yusuke simply can't understand what's happening and jumps out of his bed, walking back to the hallway.
"Nobody..."
- "Yusuke!" Ryo is confused as well.
"Why is Hazegawa not here?" He heads to the room with the corpse.
- "Where are you going?"
"Nothing..."
- "Yusuke.."
"There is no blood, no corpse, nothing!"
- "Calm down.."

Ryo brings him back to his bed. Yusuke didn't say anything again. He is too confused, too speechless. ~What on earth is going on?~ He asks himself, staring at the ceiling. Ryo doesn't know what is going on with Yusuke and leaves the room to find a nurse, telling her what happened, but she is also clueless. Something is really strange, but Ryo has to get back to work now. He tells the nurse to take good care of him and leaves. Yusuke keeps on staring at the ceiling, not noticing a strange shadow on the wall, a laughing face, disappearing in the shadows...

Risa opens the door to look at him again, long and closely. Is he really her brother?

"What are you doing?" He gets a bit embarrassed.
- "Your name?" She keeps on scanning him.
"Mh?"
- "Your name!?"
"Satoshi.."
- "Are you really my brother?"
"Well, we have the same mother, but...," Satoshi stops, Risa suddenly started to look straight into his eyes.
- "...but?"
"...w...we have different fathers.."
- "Are you saying that my mother had an affair?" Risa is confused and angry.
"...? No! C...can we discuss this inside?" He asks.
- She hesitates, but then, "..come in."

Satoshi grabs his bags and places them in her hall. Risa already has a bad feeling about them, but there are more important questions on her mind right now. They both go into her living room and while Risa sits down on the couch, Satoshi looks into her kitchen. He is really hungry and asks her for something to eat before she can even ask a single question about him. She points at the fridge, allowing him to get something himself. He starts to talk about the problems he had while trying to find her. First he arrived in her hometown to meet their mother. As soon as he found out that he has a half sister, he immediately went to Tokyo to meet her as well. Risa's mother gave him her address, but he lost the note somewhere. All he was able to remember was tat she was in some group called Morning Musume or Hello!Project. The biggest problem was that his cellphone went dead when he arrived in Tokyo. Satoshi also had no Japanese money or phone card to use a phone booth. He ended up asking random people for the way to where Morning Musume are, but somehow everyone kept on looking at him with am unintelligible face or laughed at him. Risa has to grin, but Satoshi still doesn't understand why they reacted this way. They probably mistook him for some really desperate fan. Anyway, he makes a pause to eat and Risa takes her chance to continue at the talk they had at the door.

"Could you continue where we stopped at the door?"
- "Hm? Ah!" He remembers and sits down on the floor across Risa.
"So..?"
- "Yes, yes, sorry. Your mother, our mother had a friend when she lived in New York long before she met your father."
"New York?"
- "Yes, that's where I came from."
"Really..."
- "Anyway, she got a child from him, but she wanted to go back to Japan. My father had to stay in the USA. They started to argue about where I should stay. As you can see, I stayed in America."
"..and later she met my father, got pregnant with me and married.."
- "I guess so."
"Unbelievable..."
- "What?"
"She never told me."
- "Mh, I don't know her reasons, but she probably had some."
"Your Japanese is pretty good."
- "My father also is Japanese, he only lives in New York. For him it was important that I would learn both languages."
"I see..."
- "That's tasty...," he randomly comments.
"What? Oh, that," Risa has to take a deep breath, "wow... ."
- "...?"
"That's quite a story I have to stomach..."
- "You really never heard something about me or my father?"
"Nope.....I wonder why...," she yawns, "so, where are you staying?"
- "..here?" Satoshi asks carefully.
"I knew it....," Risa remembers all his bags.
- "Thanks!"
"I....whatever, I'm off to sleep...," she gets up and walks out of the room.
- "Where am I supposed to sleep?"
"I don't care..."

Risa closes the door to her bedroom. She doesn't want to be unfriendly, at least not on purpose, it's just that she needs some time alone and has no energy to think about such banal problems. All she needs now is her bed, a pillow and a lot of quiet time alone. Her encounter with her potential, she still has some small doubts, half brother definitely wasted the rest of her energy of the day. She will face him in the morning again, if it wasn't only a dream. Satoshi, in the meanwhile, tries to make himself comfortable on the couch.

Eri is at home and sits on her bed with a scarf around her neck. She is almost cured from the cold. The longer she has to stay at home, the more practice she misses. The day after tomorrow she can finally go back to work and keep on practicing with the other girls. The flu forced her to stay at home for more than three days. Eri isn't in the mood to sleep, although it's in the middle of the night. She slept the whole day anyway.

However, it can be really boring and so she tries to kill the time until she gets sleepy again. While she sits in her bed, she browses the web with the laptop. It's actually a real big hobby of her. She doesn't talk about it a lot, fearing that people would call her a nerd, because that's what she is, a nerd. Eri surprisingly knows a lot about computers and stuff. It's a world she can escape to when all the idol stuff becomes too much for her. Only a few very close friends know about her hobby. She doesn't only know a lot about the technology in a computer or laptop, but also loves to surf through the web. There are so many countless boards where she can enjoy talking with people who don't know her real identity. One of her favorite boards is all about fashion, entertainment and problems of girls. There are countless topics, full of anonymous people telling other people about what they like or what problems they face, something 2ch is known for, a large user base. Due to her being sick at home, she has a lot of time to kill and randomly browses all kind of topics. She happens to stumble across a very weird topic with the exact same message Yusuke yesterday read in a completely different board. Eri is kinda confused and fascinated by the mysterious message and scrolls down to the most recent entry of the topic starter.

/////////////////->
121. Anonymous 01/15 02:13 NTwhM: Don't be afraid, nothing ha
ppened, but it will happen.

A sudden event, a short delay has been caused.
Great fortune is on our side.
The greatest obstacle has been overcome.
The way is clear now, our will strong as ever.
Wait for the sign and help paving the path...

The path to a new world.

122. Anonymous 01/15 02:15 NwjOs:

..there she goes again...(or he?)
<-/////////////////

The sound of the birds gently wake up Junjun. Warm sun rays slowly wander along her her body. She lies on the floor with her back against the wall. A very bright sun ray, directly shining on her eyes finally forces them to open, only to close again. At least she is awake now. She gets up and rubs her sleepy eyes. Her expression is a bit confused when she sees the broken window in front of her. Junjun yawns, opening her mouth really wide and notices that she has a slight headache.

"What happened? Ah...," she looks around and remembers, "the dream about Reina, the light, the window, the book, the...ah..it hurts."

Her headache increases and the sun shines into her face again, reflected by the broken glass. She moves out of the sun and crouches towards the fragments. Their shape is odd, not the shape of each fragment, but the shape of how they are lying on the floor. Every piece is at the right place, at the exact same position they were before it got broken. It almost looks like somebody tried to repair it.

"Weird.., did it all really happen?" She wonders.

A very close and loud flap surprises her, still being a bit scared about what happened last night. It seemed to be real. Junjun decides to blow away the cobwebs and goes to the bathroom. She washes her face and looks into the mirror. 'You are safe,' she remembers the words she saw in the white space. Junjun actually remembers more messages she read there and makes a kind of depressed face. She turns left and looks at the shower.

"Good idea," she says to herself and takes off her pajama.

However, the messages won't go away. She really tries to think about something else while she takes the shower, but no matter how hard she tries, it won't work. Junjun stands under the shower, the water keeps on splashing onto her body, but she doesn't move at all. Something about those message make her really gloomy. She raises her head and lets the water directly splash onto her face.
Junjun steps out of the shower, lowering her head, turns left to look into the mirror again. It steamed up due to the shower, but one part didn't. This part actually is a message for her, saying "Find her."

"Who?" She asks, not being surprised about the message at all.

In the white space she read the same message already, the last message she can remember.

"Why me?" Junjun whispers, looking at her naked self in the mirror.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 07:44:18 PM by HPriest »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 03]
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 11:46:45 PM »
Ryo looks into the room, the dead policeman, lying in a sea of blood. It's too disgusting to look at, but he can't look away either. Hazegawa also arrives at the scene and takes a very short look.

"Fuck..."
Yep, that about sums it up.

"The worst thing is that he is one of our own," Hazegawa says with an angry voice.
"Do we know who might have done it?" He asks.
- "Nope, the room was empty," Ryo answers.
"Why has he been here?"
- "No clue..."
Now assuming that whatever possessed Reina didn't move the body to a different room/area of the hospital, it won't be too hard for them to start up a list of suspects (with Reina at or near the top).

"A girl!"
- "What?"
"It was a girl!"
- "Who?"
"Who killed that man in the side road."
- "What man?"

The assistant comes back, but with a negative message. There was nobody with Yusuke when he got taken into this hospital.

"..but...but we talked about her, after I got my bandage...," Yusuke keeps on remembering more and more stuff.
- "We did? Hm, I can't really remember what we talked about." Ryo looks at Hazegawa.
"Me neither.."
No evidence of Reina arriving there with him? Whatever it was that's possessing her must have destroyed any physical evidence of her being there before leaving, not to mention whatever trick it was that seems to have wiped away/changed any memories they had of her being there. :?

"We really have no clue about who killed the man in that room?" Yusuke asks when he lies in his bed again.
- "What man?" Ryo is confused.
"The scene we just came from?"
- "I don't know what you are talking about. I just came here to visit you."

"Why is Hazegawa not here?" He heads to the room with the corpse.
- "Where are you going?"
"Nothing..."
- "Yusuke.."
"There is no blood, no corpse, nothing!"
- "Calm down.."
What the hell?  They just came from there. How could the body and everything else disappear so quickly? It's almost like Yusuke jumped dimensions or something. First he's in one where a murder happened, and the next second...he's in one where nothing happened.
:stunned:

Ryo brings him back to his bed. Yusuke didn't say anything again. He is too confused, too speechless. ~What on earth is going on?~ He asks himself, staring at the ceiling. Ryo doesn't know what is going on with Yusuke and leaves the room to find a nurse, telling her what happened, but she is also clueless. Something is really strange, but Ryo has to get back to work now. He tells the nurse to take good care of him and leaves. Yusuke keeps on staring at the ceiling, not noticing a strange shadow on the wall, a laughing face, disappearing in the shadows...
The same one that Junjun saw?

- "Are you really my brother?"
"Well, we have the same mother, but...," Satoshi stops, Risa suddenly started to look straight into his eyes.
- "...but?"
"...w...we have different fathers.."
- "Are you saying that my mother had an affair?" Risa is confused and angry.
Looks that way, doesn't it? Then again, Satoshi could be older than Risa. If so it could be that Risa's mom was in a relationship with his father before she met Risa's dad. She could have had Satoshi, but the relationship with his dad never worked out and gave him up for adoption or something.

As soon as he found out that he has a half sister, he immediately went to Tokyo to meet her as well. Risa's mother gave him her address, but he lost the note somewhere. All he was able to remember was tat she was in some group called Morning Musume or Hello!Project. The biggest problem was that his cellphone went dead when he arrived in Tokyo. Satoshi also had no Japanese money or phone card to use a phone booth.
Sounds like he's either strapped for cash (i.e. poor), or he just neglected didn't bring enough with him. The fact that he apparently hasn't heard of MM or H!P might meant that he grew up outside of Japan, and has come back to look for the family he never knew.  Then again, he could just be a country bumpkin from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the boonies. :P

Your mother, our mother had a friend when she lived in New York long before she met your father."
"New York?"
- "Yes, that's where I came from."
Aha! Gaijin brother from a previous relationship it is!

"You really never heard something about me or my father?"
"Nope.....I wonder why...," she yawns,
As was said earlier in this chapter, she (Risa's/Satoshi's mom) probably has her reasons. Still, it makes one wonder, does Risa's dad know about the guy from New York or Satoshi?

"so, where are you staying?"
- "..here?" Satoshi asks carefully.
"I knew it....," Risa remembers all his bags.
- "Thanks!"
"I....whatever, I'm off to sleep...," she gets up and walks out of the room.
- "Where am I supposed to sleep?"
"I don't care..."
Well, despite having just met...he IS her brother. It's not like she can just throw him out onto the street (especially since he doesn't have any money to afford a hotel).

Eri is at home and sits on her bed with a scarf around her neck. She is almost cured from the cold. The longer she has to stay at home, the more practice she misses. The day after tomorrow she can finally go back to work and keep on practicing with the other girls. The flu forced her to stay at home for more than three days. Eri isn't in the mood to sleep, although it's in the middle of the night. She slept the whole day anyway.
Dang, another subplot?

Poor Eri. Hope she feels better.  :(

Due to her being sick at home, she has a lot of time to kill and randomly browses all kind of topics. She happens to stumble across a very weird topic with the exact same message Yusuke yesterday read in a completely different board. Eri is kinda confused and fascinated by the mysterious message and scrolls down to the most recent entry of the topic starter.
The same one that Yusuke saw?  That can't be coincidence. Question now is...who's the one posting them, and why are they posting them in these particular forums?

The sound of the birds gently wake up Junjun.

"What happened? Ah...," she looks around and remembers, "the dream about Reina, the light, the window, the book, the...ah..it hurts."

Her headache increases and the sun shines into her face again, reflected by the broken glass. She moves out of the sun and crouches towards the fragments. Their shape is odd, not the shape of each fragment, but the shape of how they are lying on the floor. Every piece is at the right place, at the exact same position they were before it got broken. It almost looks like somebody tried to repair it.
Perhaps there's some type of force/being that protected Junjun?  If so it could be that this one is fighting/trying to stop the damage being caused by the thing that possessed Reina. :O

She turns left and looks at the shower.

"Good idea," she says to herself and takes off her pajama.
:drool:

Junjun steps out of the shower, lowering her head, turns left to look into the mirror again. It steamed up due to the shower, but one part didn't. This part actually is a message for her, saying "Find her."

"Who?" She asks, not being surprised about the message at all.
K, so whatever it is that's with Junjun is looking for something/someone (my guess is still that it's looking for the thing that has a hold of Reina).

"Why me?" Junjun whispers, looking at her naked self in the mirror.
  :inlove: :jerk:

Offline HPriest

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 04]
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 10:20:04 PM »
Step 04 - Illusions

Junjun is on her way to the studio. She still doesn't really understand what happened to her. There those strange messages popping up in her head. Her mind isn't able to put them in a logical order or at least so that she fully understands their meaning. Overall she doesn't feel really good. It's like when a cold starts to take over your body, you are gloomy and feel like you are becoming heavier each day. Junjun already thinks about staying at home as soon as Eri is back.

"Maybe I should have stayed in China," she says to herself. "All this stress, is it already too much for me?"

While walking down the street, she keeps on blaming the hard work for all the weird dreams and illusions she had. Junjun seems to notice something and turns around, but there is nothing suspicions, only people heading for work or wherever. However, she has the feeling like somebody is watching her. Must be because of her overall messed mind right now, at least that's what she thinks. Still, the feeling won't stop, somebody must be watching her. She looks back, left and right, but sees nothing. Now even voices appear in her head, whispering obscure stuff. Junjun stops in the middle of the sidewalk, receiving some complaints from the other pedestrians.

"Stop it! Leave me alone!" She shouts and drops her bag.

It's too much for her, she don't want to see or hear more of those weird things. She holds her head, bearing all the voices and stuff going on in her head. Desperately trying to make them go away, she closes her eyes and gets down on her knees.

Of course, now there are really people watching her as she seems to collapse on the sidewalk, but somebody familiar is also watching, Sayumi. She stands at the opposite side of the street and looks at Junjun.

"Junjun?" She wonders, but doesn't do anything to help her.

Curious and confused would be the right adjectives to describe Sayumi's expression. Her view actually turned away from Junjun, watching the surrounding and the sky above Junjun. There seems to be something, in the sky, black shades that are hard to make out.

"Why are...," whispers Sayumi as she keeps on starring at those things.

Suddenly they stop moving around as soon as Sayu focused on them and disappear in the blue sky.

The feeling that somebody is watching her is gone, but different voices replaced the dark voices she heard before. She doesn't care what kind of voices keep on giving her a headache, she just wants them them stop. Junjun opens her eyes as she looks up the sky and looks into the bright sun. It obviously dazzled her, forcing her to close her eyes again. The voices disappear, a sudden calmness surrounds her, a peaceful silence. She opens her eyes and sees, "trees?" Junjun is startled, she can't be in Tokyo anymore. Surrounded by trees, beautiful green grass and birds singing a gorgeous melody. This scenery, it looks all too familiar.

"Is that?" Junjun remembers and stands up. "That's ... impossible."
- "Li~!" A woman calls her name.
"Grandma?" An astounded expression on her face.

She turns around and really, she can see her grandma standing in front of a cute little house. "Grandma??!!"
- "Li, come here!" She calls her again.

Junjun is confused, but it feels so real. Just as she wants to walk to her grandma and say "yes, I'm coming", a very young girl appears and runs towards the old woman.

- "Where have you been, it's your birthday." The old woman lifts her up to carry the girl in her arms.
"Do you have a present?" The little girl looks at her with big joyful eyes.

While Junjun watches the scene, she tries to remember who that girl might be and it doesn't take long for to realize that this little girl in fact, "Is that me?"

"Wait a minute!" Junjun talks to them, but they are not reacting at all. "Excuse me? Hello?! Can you hear me?"

They both don't seem to hear nor hear her. The grandmother takes the little Junjun inside and gives her a birthday present.

"Ah, I remember," Junjun says when she sees that present.

"Woah! What is it?" Little Junjun takes it and immediately rips away the fancy paper.
- "Careful!"
"Sorry." She grins at her grandma.

Now that all the paper is gone, she finally sees what kind of present her grandma has bought for her, but it doesn't seem to be what she expected. It's a big and old book.

"Wait a minute," Junjun has a flashback. "Didn't the book, ...last night?"

The book that shined in a bright light and protected her from the sharp glass, she got it from her grandmother? Her memory slowly comes back as she continues to watch the scene.

"What's that?" Little Junjun asks.
- "A magic book." Now the young Junjun is really curious about it's content, of course.
She opens the book and skims through the pages, "...there is nothing?"
- "As I told you, it's a magic book."
"Magic?" - "There are only blank pages," she mumbles a bit disappointed about the present.
- "You only have to promise me one thing," grandma suddenly mentions.
"What?"
- "While it's content may stay hidden for the time being, someday your heart will unveil it's true meaning. Until then, promise me not to draw anything within this book."
"Ehh?"
- "Promise me."
"Okay, okay, I promise."

Little Junjun doesn't really know what to think of it and guesses that grandma must be pretty senile already.

- "Another thing."
"More?"
- "When your final days are coming...," grandma interrupts due to a spasm of coughing.
"Are you alright?"
- "When your final days are coming," she seems to really want to end this speech despite the coughing, "give that book to your grandchild just like I.....<argh>"

She faints. "Grandma! Grandma!" Little Junjun tries to wake her up, but she never woke up again. Junjun started to cry when she saw that moment again, she almost forgot how sad it was when her grandma died right in front of her. However, why is she going through this moment again? Is somebody torturing her? "

*fum*

A very sudden change of the scene. Now she is in an ordinary flat. "Home," Junjun immediately says out loud. Young Junjun again appears, this time maybe about one year older than in the last scene. She looks at a photo of her together with her grandma. The book lies right next to that picture, treasured as one of her most important items, even today she took the book with her to Japan. Junjun slowly starts to remember what happened that day. Despite the promise she made with her grandma, she took some pencils and started drawing at one of the blank pages inside of the book. She felt so lonely and blamed herself for her death at that moment. That's why she kind of wanted to apology through the book. As child she thought that she might be able to communicate with her dead grandma through the magic book, children are quick to believe such things. However, instead of writing a letter, she decided to draw a picture, a picture of a peaceful place for grandma and her to be together. While young Junjun is still in the early stages of the drawing, Junjun already clearly remembers what it looked like, that picture.

*fum*

The scene changed back to the beautiful place in the green countryside.

"Back then nothing happened and I thought that what she said about the book was a lie, but now..."
- "It became real." A more than familiar voice appears.
"Grandma?"
- "I told you not to draw in the book."
"Are you real?"

- Her grandma only smiles and looks up into the clear blue sky. "Do you remember the title of the picture?"
" 'Paradise'..."
- "I was so happy when I saw that."
"I don't understand..."
- "You, you draw my paradise, a place for me to rest. It became real, Li."

Junjun remains silent looks at the scenery. Her drawing really became reality? "Why did you never meet me?"
- "Huh? Ah, not that kind of real." Junjun is confused. "It became real for me, in heaven, my own place. I am dead and will stay this way.
"..I didn't revive you?"
- "Haha, no, you wouldn't be able to do so."

Junjun starts to cry, for a moment she thought that she was able to revive her grandma back then.

- "Don't cry, important things lay in front of you." Her grandma wipes away the tears in her face."
"Mh?"
- "Stop fighting against your destiny, let the light fill you."
"What you are talking about."
- "He even was so nice to allow us to meet at this place, let him guide you."
"He? Who?"
- "Promise me, you will do better than me."
"You? Better than you? What do you mean? What did you do? What am I supposed to do?"
- "I'm so sorry my dear Li, but the time is over." She turns around and starts walking away.
"Wait, there are still things I want to say to you." Junjun wants to follow her, but she won't move an inch. "Grandma!"
- "Junjun!?"
"GRANDMA!"
- "Junjun!!?"

Junjun wakes up. The person who called her at the end wasn't her grandma, it was Sayumi who tried to wake her up.

- "Junjun? Finally, are you alright?"
"Where am I?"
- "You collapsed in the middle of the street."
"Huh? Grandma? Where is she?"
- "Grandma?" Sayu is confused.
"Grandma??"
- "Calm down, you seem to have a fever."
"She's not here. Was it only a dream again?"
---- "It wasn't."
"What?"
- ". . . ?"
"Did you say something?"
- "Are you sure you are alright?"
"Yes, I'm sorry for.."
- "Don't worry about it. Can you stand up?"
"Yeah, don't know what happened."
- "We should hurry, we are late already." Sayumi helps her up and gives her her bag. She dusts down the dirt from Junjun clothes pulls a leaf out of her hair, everything with a very kind smile. Junjun feels a bit embarrassed, but also still muzzy about what she saw. Sayu's kindness at least help her a bit to calm down again.

Junjun and Sayu reached the studio. They walk along the floor while having a small-talk. Sayu wants to know what happened to Junjun on the street, but how can you explain something you don't understand yourself? Their talk gets interrupted by Reina who bumps into Junjun. She rushed out of a room and seems to be in a hurry. Junjun watches her as she disappears in the stairway. Just out of curiosity she looks into the room where Reina came from and gets a shock by what her eyes see. A line of blood, starting mid-high and looking like somebody with a serious wound slided down the wall across the room. At the bottom and lifeless person, a girl, familiar, it's Sayu. Junjun opens here yes wide, not believing that it can be true and suddenly gets pulled out of the illusion. Once again it's Sayu who calls her back into reality. Junjun gets dizzy, not being able to tell what's real anymore. She gets a hold of herself and understands that it must have been an illusion just now, since Sayu has been right next to her all the time. Sayu on the other side looks pretty clueless about what's going on with her. Yossie joins the two girls and looks at Junjun.

"Wow, you look pale. Are you alright?"
- "Yes, I..kinda, just a bit..."

Junjun almost faints again and stumbles towards Yossie who is able to catch her. She feels her forehead, but it isn't a fever. Yossie decides to take her to the roof to get some fresh air. Sayu can't go to the roof with them and separates from them. Her expression changes from clueless to worried. She looks to where Junjun looked at, but it's only a closed door. Junjun suddenly fell to the floor, but nobody jostled her away. Sayu really seems to think about all those incidents, trying to figure out what's up.

Fresh air, a gentle breeze, Junjun slowly gets some color back in her face. Yossie doesn't have to support Junjun anymore. Junjun sits on a bench placed on the roof while Yossie looks down on the street through the fence. The whole roof is surrounded by a fence to ensure safety. Yossie turns around and backs against the fence.

"Are you okay?"

Junjun sits there, looking at the ground of the roof, her hands folded. She tries to understands everything what's happening and can't get the words of her grandma out of her head. >...important things lay in front of you. Stop fighting against your destiny...< Is she relating to everything that happened Junjun? Are they more than only illusions?

"Junjun?" Yossie crouches in front of Junjun.

Junjun lifts her head and looks at Yossie. Yossie smiles, making Junjun smile back at her. She sits down on the bench right next to her.

"Is there something I can do?" Yossie asks while placing her hand on Junjun's back.
- "Hm?"
"You can tell me."
- "No, it's...just...I...."
"It's okay, you don't have to."

Junjun doesn't know whether Yossie thinks that she is ill or something else, but her words make her kind of happy. Although Yossie left the group soon after Junjun joined, she always has been there for the two newest additions. Junjun would really like to tell Yossie what's bothering her, but she just isn't able to find the right words to describe those voices and illusions. The two girls remain there for a couple more minutes. Yossie gives her various tips and tells her not to stress herself too much. She probably guesses that Junjun has some stress problem or something like that. Junjun carefully listens to everything, although her current problem seems to be of a whole different level.

Yossie has to leave her now due to her schedule. Junjun remains on the roof and walks towards the fence to look down on the street. She still is struggling with her thoughts and only wants enjoy the gentle breeze a little longer before trying to go through work as normal as possible. A brake squeal, a thud, Junjun searches the road for the scene and witnesses an accident at the crossing not too far away from the building. It looks like somebody got hit by a car, but just as she tries to make out details, a strong wind pushes her back from the fence. She was able to remain on her feet, but sure got surprised by the sudden blast. Not really wasting any thoughts on it, she goes back to the fence to look at the accident, but is surprised to see nothing at all, no accident, nothing. Junjun rubs her eyes, but then she gets it, another of those illusions. Suddenly she kind of panics and rushes inside. She got afraid to be alone in the outside for no real reason.

"Don't think about, don't think about it," she keeps on telling herself, trying to take her mind off those things.

Meanwhile Yossie went to the bathroom to wash her face before the photo shooting. She is about to make promotional pictures for her upcoming solo debut. A lot of songs has already been recorded and her debut single is going to get released in a month, an album coming out soon afterwards. Yossie encourages herself in the mirror, telling her that she looks perfect and that the pictures are going to blow everyone's mind. There is nothing wrong about a good amount of self-confidence. She wants to go to the hand dryer.

"Woah!" She gets surprised. "Wow, you surprised me."

The shock wasn't big and so she dries her hands.

"Hm? Is something?" She asks. "Hey! What's up? Talk!"

The person who surprised her and doesn't seem to be really talkative is no less than Reina. She suddenly was in the bathroom. Yossie didn't hear the door or her footsteps and really got surprised by her sudden appearance. Reina only stares at Yossie, not saying any word, until now.

"Mh, hello?" Yossie asks again. "You are scary." Yossie says not really serious.
- "The accident." Reina suddenly says in a kind of robotic monotone voice. "No accident."
"Uhm, what?" Yossie checks her hair again in the mirror, only listening with half an ear.
- "Yoshiko-san killed him on purpose," Reina grins. Now she definitely got Yossie's attention with the word 'killed'.
"Reina?"
- "Call me, if you want the details. I'll help you."
"S..stop, stop, what are you walking about? Is that a prank?"
- "Your brother."
"My brother? What's with him?"

Reina doesn't answer her that question and turns around. Yossie wants to stop her, but suddenly she gets a call on her mobile.

"Mom?" She is surprised.

Usually her mother doesn't call her, especially not when she knows that she is at work. That's why she decides to take it. First she has to calm her mother down, she is completely out of breath. Once her mother calmed down and told Yossie what she wanted to tell her, a moment of silence. Yossie looks up to Reina, but she already disappeared. She only looks at the wall of the bathroom with a pervasive expression, she moves the phone away from her ear. Her eyes get watery, the phone slips out of her hand and hits the ground. Yossie follows and goes down on her knees. Her mother still tries to talk with her on the phone, her voice is able to fill up the whole bathroom despite the low volume of the phone. However, she doesn't get an answer. She hangs up and tries to call her again, but Yossie doesn't pick it up. Her face is filled with a lifeless expression while the phone keeps on ringing and vibrating right next to her, with a big crack on the colorful display, a big crack.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 04]
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 04:14:16 AM »
Junjun is on her way to the studio. She still doesn't really understand what happened to her. There those strange messages popping up in her head. Her mind isn't able to put them in a logical order or at least so that she fully understands their meaning. Overall she doesn't feel really good. It's like when a cold starts to take over your body, you are gloomy and feel like you are becoming heavier each day. Junjun already thinks about staying at home as soon as Eri is back.

"Maybe I should have stayed in China," she says to herself. "All this stress, is it already too much for me?"
NO JUNJUN! DON'T GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!! :pleeease:

It's too much for her, she don't want to see or hear more of those weird things. She holds her head, bearing all the voices and stuff going on in her head. Desperately trying to make them go away, she closes her eyes and gets down on her knees.

Of course, now there are really people watching her as she seems to collapse on the sidewalk, but somebody familiar is also watching, Sayumi. She stands at the opposite side of the street and looks at Junjun.

"Junjun?" She wonders, but doesn't do anything to help her.
OI! Sayu! WTF? Don't just stand there like a rabbit about to get run over. Help her!  :angry:

Curious and confused would be the right adjectives to describe Sayumi's expression. Her view actually turned away from Junjun, watching the surrounding and the sky above Junjun. There seems to be something, in the sky, black shades that are hard to make out.

"Why are...," whispers Sayumi as she keeps on starring at those things.

Suddenly they stop moving around as soon as Sayu focused on them and disappear in the blue sky.
Huh? These the things that Junjun saw before? What are they, some type of physical manifestation of the voices she's been hearing?

The feeling that somebody is watching her is gone, but different voices replaced the dark voices she heard before. She doesn't care what kind of voices keep on giving her a headache, she just wants them them stop. Junjun opens her eyes as she looks up the sky and looks into the bright sun. It obviously dazzled her, forcing her to close her eyes again. The voices disappear, a sudden calmness surrounds her, a peaceful silence. She opens her eyes and sees, "trees?" Junjun is startled, she can't be in Tokyo anymore. Surrounded by trees, beautiful green grass and birds singing a gorgeous melody. This scenery, it looks all too familiar.

"Is that?" Junjun remembers and stands up. "That's ... impossible."
- "Li~!" A woman calls her name.
"Grandma?" An astounded expression on her face.
Whoa. :O  Whatever it was/they were, her earlier thoughts of wanting to go home appear to have been heard and thus her "wish" has been granted.

She turns around and really, she can see her grandma standing in front of a cute little house. "Grandma??!!"
- "Li, come here!" She calls her again.

Junjun is confused, but it feels so real. Just as she wants to walk to her grandma and say "yes, I'm coming", a very young girl appears and runs towards the old woman.
Hmmm...could this be some attempt by whatever evil forces are at work to distract Junjun so that she doesn't interfere with their plans/actions?

Now that all the paper is gone, she finally sees what kind of present her grandma has bought for her, but it doesn't seem to be what she expected. It's a big and old book.

"Wait a minute," Junjun has a flashback. "Didn't the book, ...last night?"

The book that shined in a bright light and protected her from the sharp glass, she got it from her grandmother? Her memory slowly comes back as she continues to watch the scene.

"What's that?" Little Junjun asks.
- "A magic book." Now the young Junjun is really curious about it's content, of course.
*gasp*  :shocked:

So then, how did the book come into the possession of Junjun's grandmother?  This makes one wonder even more about where it is now, as well as why it's started to manifest itself in Junjun's visions.

- "As I told you, it's a magic book."
"Magic?" - "There are only blank pages," she mumbles a bit disappointed about the present.
- "You only have to promise me one thing," grandma suddenly mentions.
"What?"
- "While it's content may stay hidden for the time being, someday your heart will unveil it's true meaning. Until then, promise me not to draw anything within this book."
"Ehh?"
- "Promise me."
"Okay, okay, I promise."
I guess that time is now. The book must be some type of counter-agent/weapon against certain threats, and when said threats make their presence known, the book "activates".  Junjun's family must be it's guardians or something like that.

- "Another thing."
"More?"
- "When your final days are coming...," grandma interrupts due to a spasm of coughing.
"Are you alright?"
- "When your final days are coming," she seems to really want to end this speech despite the coughing, "give that book to your grandchild just like I.....<argh>"

She faints. "Grandma! Grandma!" Little Junjun tries to wake her up, but she never woke up again. Junjun started to cry when she saw that moment again, she almost forgot how sad it was when her grandma died right in front of her. However, why is she going through this moment again? Is somebody torturing her? "
Oh no.  Poor widdle Junjun. :scared:

*JUNJUN/GRANDMA DIALOGUE*
:cry: :cry: :cry:

- "Stop fighting against your destiny, let the light fill you."
"What you are talking about."
- "He even was so nice to allow us to meet at this place, let him guide you."
"He? Who?"
So then the book isn't just a weapon, but carries within it some type of spirit or being that can fight whatever threat they're going to face? From what grandma said, perhaps he's meant to guide Junjun (maybe even something similar to what happened to Reina).

Junjun and Sayu reached the studio. They walk along the floor while having a small-talk. Sayu wants to know what happened to Junjun on the street, but how can you explain something you don't understand yourself? Their talk gets interrupted by Reina who bumps into Junjun. She rushed out of a room and seems to be in a hurry.
Hmmmm...can the thing within Reina sense the presence of the being trying to communicate with Junjun? How about vice versa?

Just out of curiosity she looks into the room where Reina came from and gets a shock by what her eyes see. A line of blood, starting mid-high and looking like somebody with a serious wound slided down the wall across the room. At the bottom and lifeless person, a girl, familiar, it's Sayu. Junjun opens here yes wide, not believing that it can be true and suddenly gets pulled out of the illusion.
Oooooooooooooh, I might have stumbled onto something here. From Junjun's perspective (with the help of the "him" mentioned by Grandma), perhaps she CAN sense when the other being is near, and the whole trail of blood thing is just how her mind interprets it.

Junjun remains on the roof and walks towards the fence to look down on the street. She still is struggling with her thoughts and only wants enjoy the gentle breeze a little longer before trying to go through work as normal as possible. A brake squeal, a thud, Junjun searches the road for the scene and witnesses an accident at the crossing not too far away from the building. It looks like somebody got hit by a car, but just as she tries to make out details, a strong wind pushes her back from the fence. She was able to remain on her feet, but sure got surprised by the sudden blast. Not really wasting any thoughts on it, she goes back to the fence to look at the accident, but is surprised to see nothing at all, no accident, nothing. Junjun rubs her eyes, but then she gets it, another of those illusions. Suddenly she kind of panics and rushes inside. She got afraid to be alone in the outside for no real reason.
These illusions must mean something. Question is, what exactly are they? Premonitions, perhaps?  Is Junjun seeing these events so that she can have a chance to prevent them from happening later on?

Meanwhile Yossie went to the bathroom to wash her face before the photo shooting.

"Woah!" She gets surprised. "Wow, you surprised me."

The shock wasn't big and so she dries her hands.

"Hm? Is something?" She asks. "Hey! What's up? Talk!"
Oh crap...please don't say it's the thing that's possessed Reina.  :(

Reina only stares at Yossie, not saying any word, until now.

"Mh, hello?" Yossie asks again. "You are scary." Yossie says not really serious.
- "The accident." Reina suddenly says in a kind of robotic monotone voice. "No accident."
"Uhm, what?" Yossie checks her hair again in the mirror, only listening with half an ear.
- "Yoshiko-san killed him on purpose," Reina grins. Now she definitely got Yossie's attention with the word 'killed'.
"Reina?"
- "Call me, if you want the details. I'll help you."
"S..stop, stop, what are you walking about? Is that a prank?"
- "Your brother."
"My brother? What's with him?"

Reina doesn't answer her that question and turns around. Yossie wants to stop her, but suddenly she gets a call on her mobile.

"Mom?" She is surprised.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh fuck no. :OMG:

Offline HPriest

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 05]
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
Step 05 - Deliberations

Another day full of work has ended. Sayu and Reina come out of the shower and enter the dressing room. Risa has already finished dressing, but that's no surprise. During their now common extra dance lesson in the evening, she had a quarrel with Aichan again. The end has been the same as usual as well with Risa leaving for the shower early. The rest of the girls followed some time later, except of Aichan who again decided have some practice time for her own. Once the other girls went to take a shower, Risa had already finished. "I'm off," are her last words before leaving the dressing room. Reina and Sayu say bye and don't make a fuzz about it anymore. As soon as she left, however, they mention that problem again.

"What's up with the two?" Sayu wonders.
- "I don't know."

The other girls have finished their shower and enter the dressing room as well.

"Huh? Risa's already gone?" Koharu notices.
- "Yep." Is the short, not-really-caring-about-them-anymore answer of Sayu.
"Does anyone actually know their problem?" Mitsui asks, but she looks into a round of clueless faces.
- "It's probably nothing as usual." Reina comments with a kinda annoyed voice.

This said, the girls go over to the usual after-shower work. That means putting on lotion, making your hair and exchanging the towel with their normal clothes. Of course this doesn't go over with some smalltalk.

"Eri is coming back tomorrow?" Linlin asks Sayu.
- "Yes."
"I'm glad for her, that flu has really been tough on her," Koharu comments.
- "Yeah," Sayu responds, getting carried away by some thoughts.

*knock knock*

"Ha?" Junjun gets surprised.
- "Who could that be?" Mitsui wonders as well.
"Excuse me," a girl says when entering the dressing room.

Everyone is surprised and try to cover the parts that might have been uncovered, but they didn't have to, since it only was Konno.

"Konkon?" Two or three girls ask.
- "Ah, sorry for troubling you. I have my clothes here and..."
"Oh, right, didn't notice." Sayu sees the locker with her clothes.
- "I've been working out a bit," Konno explains.
"No problem," Reina smiles, "we just didn't expect anyone to be still in the building."
- "Yossie hasn't been here, or has she?" Konno asks.
"Yossie?" Reina wonders.
- "Not that I know," says Sayu.
"Weird, we actually wanted to run a bit around this time," Konno wonders. "Well, she probably has her reasons."

This said, she goes to her locker and prepares to take a shower before getting into her normal clothes as well.

"Hm, Reina?" Koharu notices that Reina isn't moving at all and staring at her hand. "What's wrong?"
The other girls now also look at Reina who still doesn't move at all. She doesn't even reply Koharu's question. What they don't know that Yossie's name triggered something inside of her. Reina has been normal since she met Yossie in the bathroom. That 'other thing' didn't take over her for the rest of the day. It doesn't look like it's doing it now, but the name of Yossie still caused to get a weird feeling. The more you look at her, the more you get the intention that during those times when she wasn't herself, she wasn't completely absent. There are random images popping up in her mind, images of cruel things that don't feel to strange for her. Reina is looking at her hand and wondering what happened to her and what are the details of her connection to those images. She feels like she saw them all already, no, she feels like she has been at exactly the same scenes the images show. Konno, who also looks and wonders what's up, is getting a feeling of shock. She noticed something about Reina the other's didn't. However, she can't exactly tell what it is. Anyway, Reina is getting a hold of herself again and excuses herself for spacing out. While some girls just laugh, three girls are actually having a serious expression. Those three girls would be Konno, Junjun and Sayu. Junjun tried to completely avoid to look at Reina, Sayu seems to be thinking about something very hard and Konno obviously can't stop staring at Reina.

"No staring in the dressing room!" Koharu jokes around, making Konno stop.

Konno still thinks about that feeling, but she decides not to bother about it anymore. She exchanges her gym clothes for a towel and is almost ready to jump under the shower. However, just as she finally stopped thinking about Reina, she started to feel a different yet similar vibe coming from another girl. She searches for the source and her eyes stop at Junjun. Junjun can feel that she is looking at her, but she doesn't want to say anything. In the end she might end up explaining what's going on with her, although she doesn't know it herself. Luckily for her there is the always not-really-funny Koharu-chan.

"I said no staring!" She repeats the bad joke and tops it with "or should we know something about you?"
- "No, I was just...oh well..I'm under the shower," Konno avoids answering the question and goes to take a shower.

Sayu is smiling to herself while observing the whole scene. She seems to know more than anyone else.

"I'm off," Reina says with a low voice and rushes out of the room.

For a normal person it would look like she was embarrassed, but in truth she just wanted to be alone to find out what's inside of her. Junjun looks after her with a curious expression.

"It's her."
- "Did you just say something?" Junjun asks Linlin.
"What? No."

Sayu looks at Junjun and seems to create some kind of plan in her head. She approaches her and claps on her shoulder.

"What about some ramen?"
- "Ramen?" Junjun is surprised.
"There is a new ramen shop nearby, I wanted to try it out."
- "Eh? I don't know..." Junjun doesn't feel like being around them for any longer, since she has some rather weird problems herself.
"Really?" Linlin asks. "Can I come too?"
- "Huh? I mean, sure..." Sayu answers, not really being THAT happy about it.
"Me too!" Koharu shouts from a couple of meters away.

Sayu can't be impolite so she just sighs a bit when nobody watches. Mitsui doesn't join the foursome, as she seems to be really tired already. Konno, of course isn't coming along as well, since she is still under the shower.

When Risa left the dressing room, she didn't immediately head for the exit. She looked at the watch of her mobile and noticed that it's too early. Her long-lost half brother was going to pick her up to have a talk while walking home, but he probably isn't here yet. All the exercising made her hungry and so she decided to stop by by the intern cafe before going to the exit and wait for her brother.

What she doesn't know that he actually already arrived at the studio. He guesses that she didn't finish yet and goes to check where she might be. Satoshi is on the same floor as the dressing room and the dance studio, the foursome consisting of Sayu, Junjun, Linlin and Koharu pass by him and wonder who that good-looking young man might be, the usually girlish giggling. He finds a door saying 'dressing room,' but of course he can't just enter it. From a few doors away, he can hear some voice and decides to check it out. He remembers that it's the dance studio he saw yesterday and wonders whether the same girl is practicing in there today as well. Satoshi could have won a lot, if he bet on it. It's really the same girl, Aichan. He watches her for a few minutes through the window in the door before entering the studio. First Aichan is surprised and doesn't recognize him, but then she remembers and smiles. And so they continue on where they stopped last night.

Risa finished appeasing her hunger and went to the entrance. Her brother still hasn't showed up. She looks at her mobile again, it's already past the agreed time and no message either. It's funny that she is getting pissed when you think about that she got there past the agreed time herself. Anyway, Risa doesn't care about that and decides to check whether he maybe started to try and find her. Interesting how even half-siblings can easily guess each other's intentions like that. She doesn't see anybody on the floor of the dressing room and dance studio, but she can hear that Aichan's still practicing. Whether it's out of curiosity or her being bored, she decides to take a look, not knowing that she will get surprised by what she is going to see.

"Satoshi....?" She's as surprised as expected. "...and Aichan?" Now she starts to interpret too much into it.

It's not really sure if she jumps to the conclusion or simply is confused. Anyway, shocked by the scene and not knowing what to do, she simply decides to go home without him.

"Delicious!" Yusuke comments after his first couple of noodles of the ramen. "I've missed this taste."
- "It's your favorite, isn't it?" The old owner of the ramen shop smiles. "You haven't visited us in a while."
"Yeah, I've been shocked when I saw the 'Closed' sign." He continues to eat while talking.
- "We would have told you, but we haven't seen your for more than a month." The old man turns around to take care of the food. "Yuu didn't tell you?"
"She messaged me, but I didn't really have the time to call her back." Yusuke takes the glass to drink some water. "Over a month you say?" He wonders. "You are right..., wow."
- "Work must have been tough, I guess. I could tell from watching the news."
"Yeah.. the crime rate sparked..."
- "What's going on with this world..."
"I don't know..."
- "So, how did you get that wound?" The old man asks.

Yusuke looks at his shoulder. It still hurts a bit, but it isn't much of a big deal anymore. He still has problems remembering what exactly happened. By the way, Yusuke just got released from hospital. His wound wasn't that serious and although he seems to be a bit out of it, they decided to already release him. He was on his way home when he suddenly a very familiar sign in front of a ramen shop. Short before the incident with Reina, he stood in front of a closed shop. That shop actually had just moved to another location a few weeks prior to that incident as he found out later. The sign he saw on his way home was exact the same sign that stood in front of the shop's former place. Yusuke was surprised and went it to check it out. Well, it was quite a surprise when he found out that it really is the same ramen shop.

"Hey grandpa, where actually is Yuu? Haven't seen her so far."
- "That you have to ask my granddaughter myself."

Yusuke and Yuu are actually some really close friends since childhood. That's also why he calls the owner of the ramen shop grandpa. They are basically family, considering how long they already know each other. Yuu often helps out in the stop. It's not because her grandparents pay her for that work, she really likes to work in there. The fact that she gets paid even often ends up in an argument with her grandparents. They always insist to pay her, but Yuu doesn't want that money and feels that it's wrong. When she was younger, she took the money they gave her without hesitation, but now that she isn't a kid anymore, she doesn't need it to pay sweets anymore.

Anyway, the two have to end their little conversation. The other customers also want to get their meals, of course. There are even more new people coming in the shop. Four more or less young girls walk in to get some delicious ramen. Those four girls actually are Sayumi, Junjun, Koharu and Linlin. They head straight for a 4-person table. At first Yusuke doesn't really notice them entering, but then he happens to take a short look to his right. His eyes crosses the ones of Junjun. Suddenly all his memory is coming back, even a clear image of Reina's faces pops up in his mind after he only had been able to see a blurry image of her face. However, the image only lasts for about one second. Their eye contact also doesn't last longer than that. Yusuke kept on looking at her, while Junjun quickly turned away her face. He's feeling a bit dizzy again and finally turns back to his bowl of ramen. When sitting down on the table, Junjun looks towards him again, just as if she also felt something during their eye contact. Sayumi, who sits right next to Junjun, notices it in the corner of her eye. She looks at where Junjun's eyes are pointing two and sees Yusuke. However, this time she looks rather clueless herself. Usually she always made the impression of knowing a lot more about all the strange happenings than the others, but this time she seems to a bit confused. Yusuke can't stop remembering what happened, but the clear images he just had are gone in exchange for the blurry images he had before. The whole thinking starts to give him a headache and so he decides to to leave as soon as possible. Outside of the ramen shop, he stops once again and looks at the four girls through the window, but his mind tells him to leave.

The four girls enjoyed their ramen, it was as tasty as hoped and they will definitely come back again sometime. Since it had been late already, all four girls headed straight home after the ramen. All girls live at different places, even Junjun and Linlin don't live together. That's why they had to split up and go home alone. Sayu walks pretty carefree for a single woman during such an hour. She seems to think about a lot of amusing and interesting things. You can even see a smile on her face.

"You interfered!" A voice suddenly speaks to her.
- "Hm?" Sayu looks around.
"You don't have the authority!"
- "Oh, it's you," she determines rather bored. However, there doesn't seem to be anybody around her. Sayu also doesn't seem to look at something.
"I am warning you!"
- "I don't know what you mean with 'interfered.'"
"Stay out of this!"
- "..you are really annoying as always... interfered...," She tries to think of what 'he' could mean. "Wait, are you telling me my guess was right?"
She doesn't get a reply.
- "You mean... Junjun is...?"
Once again, silence.
- Sayumi laughs. "Wow, that's interesting."
"Will you stay out of this now?"
- "Like I have a choice, right?" She says rather ironically and keeps on walking home.

The voice doesn't say anything more. Sayumi puts on her carefree and happy expression again, guessing that the situation has been cleared. It's still not clear who she actually talked with. Suddenly it begins to rain out of nowhere. Sayu gets all wet and looks into the sky.

"Very funny, really."

She has turn her face down again, since the rain started to drop into her eyes. After that she positions her hand like she would hold an umbrella, but she doesn't have an umbrella with her. However, a few seconds go by and there it is, an umbrella in her hand. It appeared out of nowhere. Sayumi continues to walk now that she is covered from the rain with it. Everything that happened just now seemed to be pretty normal to her. This strengthens the though that Sayumi really has to know more than the rest.

Sorry for the delay, I am bit busy translating jdoramas at the moment. ^^
Is anyone actually reading this? :-\
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:18:46 AM by HPriest »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 05]
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 08:50:06 AM »
Is anyone actually reading this?
You mean other than me? Not sure. Could be that there are people reading, but they're just not commenting.

Risa has already finished dressing, but that's no surprise. During their now common extra dance lesson in the evening, she had a quarrel with Aichan again.
So...still no idea what's going on between the two of them, huh?   :-\

"Eri is coming back tomorrow?" Linlin asks Sayu.
- "Yes."
"I'm glad for her, that flu has really been tough on her," Koharu comments.
- "Yeah," Sayu responds, getting carried away by some thoughts.
Sayu has thoughts about Eri? :D

The other girls now also look at Reina who still doesn't move at all. She doesn't even reply Koharu's question. What they don't know that Yossie's name triggered something inside of her. Reina has been normal since she met Yossie in the bathroom. That 'other thing' didn't take over her for the rest of the day. It doesn't look like it's doing it now, but the name of Yossie still caused to get a weird feeling. The more you look at her, the more you get the intention that during those times when she wasn't herself, she wasn't completely absent.
Hmmmmmmmmmm...strange. There's probably some  link that we just don't know about yet.
:dunno:

"No staring in the dressing room!" Koharu jokes around, making Konno stop.
:shy2:   O0

Konno still thinks about that feeling, but she decides not to bother about it anymore. She exchanges her gym clothes for a towel and is almost ready to jump under the shower. However, just as she finally stopped thinking about Reina, she started to feel a different yet similar vibe coming from another girl. She searches for the source and her eyes stop at Junjun. Junjun can feel that she is looking at her, but she doesn't want to say anything. In the end she might end up explaining what's going on with her, although she doesn't know it herself.
Oooooooooooooooooo...so now Konkon's gonna get involved somehow too? :O

Sayu is smiling to herself while observing the whole scene. She seems to know more than anyone else.
Huh? Now Sayu???

"I'm off," Reina says with a low voice and rushes out of the room.

For a normal person it would look like she was embarrassed, but in truth she just wanted to be alone to find out what's inside of her. Junjun looks after her with a curious expression.

"It's her."
She figured it out?!? :o

Sayu looks at Junjun and seems to create some kind of plan in her head. She approaches her and claps on her shoulder.

"What about some ramen?"
- "Ramen?" Junjun is surprised.
"There is a new ramen shop nearby, I wanted to try it out."
- "Eh? I don't know..." Junjun doesn't feel like being around them for any longer, since she has some rather weird problems herself.
Hmmm...what's Sayu up to?

"Really?" Linlin asks. "Can I come too?"
- "Huh? I mean, sure..." Sayu answers, not really being THAT happy about it.
"Me too!" Koharu shouts from a couple of meters away.

Sayu can't be impolite so she just sighs a bit when nobody watches.
Hey, who can turn down a chance for a nice hot bowl of ramen?
 :mon noodle:

When Risa left the dressing room, she didn't immediately head for the exit. She looked at the watch of her mobile and noticed that it's too early. Her long-lost half brother was going to pick her up to have a talk while walking home, but he probably isn't here yet. All the exercising made her hungry and so she decided to stop by by the intern cafe before going to the exit and wait for her brother.

What she doesn't know that he actually already arrived at the studio.
Uh oh.

From a few doors away, he can hear some voice and decides to check it out. He remembers that it's the dance studio he saw yesterday and wonders whether the same girl is practicing in there today as well. Satoshi could have won a lot, if he bet on it. It's really the same girl, Aichan. He watches her for a few minutes through the window in the door before entering the studio. First Aichan is surprised and doesn't recognize him, but then she remembers and smiles. And so they continue on where they stopped last night.
EHHHHHHHHHHH???

Risa finished appeasing her hunger and went to the entrance. Her brother still hasn't showed up. She looks at her mobile again, it's already past the agreed time and no message either. It's funny that she is getting pissed when you think about that she got there past the agreed time herself. Anyway, Risa doesn't care about that and decides to check whether he maybe started to try and find her. Interesting how even half-siblings can easily guess each other's intentions like that. She doesn't see anybody on the floor of the dressing room and dance studio, but she can hear that Aichan's still practicing. Whether it's out of curiosity or her being bored, she decides to take a look, not knowing that she will get surprised by what she is going to see.

"Satoshi....?" She's as surprised as expected. "...and Aichan?" Now she starts to interpret too much into it.

It's not really sure if she jumps to the conclusion or simply is confused. Anyway, shocked by the scene and not knowing what to do, she simply decides to go home without him.
Ooooooooooooooh...this is going to be awkward when they eventually meet up again.  :(

"Delicious!" Yusuke comments after his first couple of noodles of the ramen. "I've missed this taste."
- "It's your favorite, isn't it?" The old owner of the ramen shop smiles. "You haven't visited us in a while."
Gee, I wonder who's going to show up?  :roll:

"Hey grandpa, where actually is Yuu? Haven't seen her so far."
- "That you have to ask my granddaughter myself."

Yusuke and Yuu are actually some really close friends since childhood. That's also why he calls the owner of the ramen shop grandpa. They are basically family, considering how long they already know each other. Yuu often helps out in the stop.
Oooooooooooooooooo...Yusuke and Yuu-chan, eh?  8)

There are even more new people coming in the shop. Four more or less young girls walk in to get some delicious ramen. Those four girls actually are Sayumi, Junjun, Koharu and Linlin. They head straight for a 4-person table.
Oh yeah, totally called it.  :cow:

At first Yusuke doesn't really notice them entering, but then he happens to take a short look to his right. His eyes crosses the ones of Junjun. Suddenly all his memory is coming back, even a clear image of Reina's faces pops up in his mind after he only had been able to see a blurry image of her face. However, the image only lasts for about one second. Their eye contact also doesn't last longer than that. Yusuke kept on looking at her, while Junjun quickly turned away her face. He's feeling a bit dizzy again and finally turns back to his bowl of ramen. When sitting down on the table, Junjun looks towards him again, just as if she also felt something during their eye contact. Sayumi, who sits right next to Junjun, notices it in the corner of her eye. She looks at where Junjun's eyes are pointing two and sees Yusuke. However, this time she looks rather clueless herself. Usually she always made the impression of knowing a lot more about all the strange happenings than the others, but this time she seems to a bit confused. Yusuke can't stop remembering what happened, but the clear images he just had are gone in exchange for the blurry images he had before. The whole thinking starts to give him a headache and so he decides to to leave as soon as possible. Outside of the ramen shop, he stops once again and looks at the four girls through the window, but his mind tells him to leave.
Hmmm...so does this mean that Junjun, Yusuke, and Sayu are all linked somehow (and Konkon too? Even though they left her in the showers)?

"You interfered!" A voice suddenly speaks to her.
- "Hm?" Sayu looks around.
"You don't have the authority!"
- "Oh, it's you," she determines rather bored.
SAYU'S GOT A SPIRIT LIVING IN HER TOO?!?!??  :shocked:

Suddenly it begins to rain out of nowhere. Sayu gets all wet and looks into the sky.

"Very funny, really."

She has turn her face down again, since the rain started to drop into her eyes. After that she positions her hand like she would hold an umbrella, but she doesn't have an umbrella with her. However, a few seconds go by and there it is, an umbrella in her hand. It appeared out of nowhere. Sayumi continues to walk now that she is covered from the rain with it. Everything that happened just now seemed to be pretty normal to her. This strengthens the though that Sayumi really has to know more than the rest.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!
:OMG:

SAYU'S GOT POWERS!!!

Offline HPriest

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 06]
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 05:32:20 PM »
Step 06 - Readings

It's night. Tokyo is sleeping, yet still a busy city. Junjun is sleeping as well, but she won't find calmness. The voices around her, the feelings, they won't stop. In her bed she rolls from left to right, forces her eyes to stay closed, putting all her energy to be able to finally fall asleep, but they won't go away. There is another voice in the background, different to the whispers.

"Li Chun"

It's no whispering, no dark and rough voice. This voice is mild and calls for her, she can clearly hear it. The more she concentrates on this particular voice, the more her body gets filled with calmness.

"Li Chun"

The voice is getting closer, but not from around her. It's raising inside of her, something in her tries to communicate with her. Clearer, louder, Junjun can hear it calling her name. The other whispers seem to disappear the more she concentrates. She must be doing the right thing, concentrates more and then the confused whispers completely disappear.

"Li Chun, finally you let me through to your mind."
- "Who are you?"
"I am you, we are one now, the narrator and the book united."

Junjun recalls the scene last night when she heard 'the book.' She thought it disappeared. "United?" The book isn't gone, it's inside of her, she united with it.

"Don't worry, you are safe now. I made use of my only active ability to protect you. Look around, you can see it."

There's nothing strange in her room. Everything seems normal at first glance, but then she notices a white shimmering object around her.

"It's a shield, but a weak one. Just enough to block their voices."
- "They..?"
"Yes, they are communicating with each other, but not in our world, not yet. They are still in their world, the mirror world. They are around everybody, but you are special. You can hear them, but they are not talking to you."

Junjun listens to every word, but her mind is not yet able to make anything out of it. Another world, other people, around her. A book inside of her, a calm voice, a shield. All those things are nothing a normal girl like her would understand, in fact, nobody would understand. It keeps on explaining it to her.

"The mirror world, a world of the same structure as the original, as the world you live in. It's the trash can of this world. Some also call it the chaos world because of that. Feelings such as hate, sorrow, fear or rage, everything gets exported into that other world. Those emotions and all your nightmares, they become true there, a manifestation of all the negative thoughts of this world. Why is that? The reason behind it is clear, the bad thoughts filtered out of this world, giving way for structure and order. No person would be able to experience real hate or anger without going insane. It's a security procedure. However, every trash can has its limit. The trash is overflowing, the chaos world beginning to merge with the normal world. All the manifestations, they'll become reality, even in this world. Their voices are the first sign, actions will be next, the total fusion the final procedure."

Junjun is getting what it is saying, but she's not able to realize that this is reality, that this is what happening in her world right now. Everything is more like a fantasy, like a really strange story she gets told from her mind.

"Your role is simple. Help to prevent it from reaching the last step."
- "Help?"
"You destiny is to read the book."
- "Read.. the book?"
"Just like you are doing now."
- "Eh?"
"What you are listening to now is your inner voice reading the book. Yes, it may sound like a direct conversation with you, but you have to understand that this is a very special book, designed to guide you and her through this fight."
- "Special.."
"I am God's diary."

"It will be a boring night tonight again," says the officer while leafing through an idol magazine. He and his colleague are on duty tonight, they are working in a koban, a police box in Tokyo. They are used to boring nights, the days aren't necessarily more exciting either. It's not their job to do exciting stuff when they are in a koban. Most of the time they have to deal with drunk people and tourists asking for the way.

A group of people are getting closer to the koban, probably youths, nothing unusual at night. They are probably drunk as well. It's better not to act as long as they don't bother other people. As they thought, they just passed by. They weren't able to see the group, it's dark after all, but were able to make out their voices passing by the koban. Now it's silent again, too silent. The officer puts down the cup of coffee while the other one still is busy with his magazine. He walks towards the glass door to look around, when suddenly something flies right though the door next to him. Both get surprised, a flushing sound. Fire.

"Fire!"

They are not sure what happened, but there's suddenly fire right inside the koban. Another object flies through the other door, the glass braking again, more fire. They can hear laughter at the outside.

"What's that? Molotovs? No way.."

Both try to extinguish the fire as soon as possible, but more and more bottles hit the koban in- and outside. Before they know they have no escape anymore. The fire is getting too big, there are too many places that caught fire. One of them is able to call for help via phone, but it will take too long for them to arrive. The boasting of the fire is drowning the laughter. No escape. Both getting burned alive. Slowly the magazine gets burned from one edge to the other.

Yusuke is at home now, lying on his bed, the laptop on his lap and the TV running at the same time. He wants to browse a bit through the net and remembers that topic he read in a board before. The clock says it's 3am, he won't stay that much longer, only a quick check at the topic and then he will go to sleep. "There it is." He scrolls down to the message he last read.

/////////////////->

A sudden event, a short delay has been caused.
Great fortune is on our side.
The greatest obstacle has been overcome.
The way is clear now, our will strong as ever.
Wait for the sign and help paving the path...

The path to a new world.

122. Anonymous 01/15 02:15 NwjOs:
..there she goes again...(or he?)
<-\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

He scrolls down to the bottom, a new entry of the topic starter.

/////////////////->
173. Anonymous 01/16 02:48 NTwhM: The path has been made.
See the guiding lights worldwide.
They will come.
Join them, make this world your world.
<-\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"As mysterious as usual, huh?" Yusuke can't make any sense out of those postings, but a bad feeling still remains. He wants to close the laptop, when the news on TV catch his attention.

##Several kobans have been attacked by youth throughout Japan. Nearby residents say they heard multiple drunken youths at most of the sides. Yes? Excuse me.. Ah, okay. We just got the information that those phenomena didn't only happen in Japan but worldwide. We have confirmations from Korea, China, Malaysia, Russia,.. ("Is that list correct?" She whispers to someone. "Everywhere? Oh my.. . Sorry.") ..even countries in Europe, America and other continents are reporting about similar incidents. The way it looks..##

Yusuke sure is surprised, but everyone on TV right now would be. Something strange is going on, something far more serious than only drunken groups of youths. "Huh?" He seems to notice something and looks back at his laptop. 'Wait for the sign and help paving the path...' Yusuke looks back at the TV, then back to his laptop again. 'The path has been made.' To the TV and back again. 'See the guiding lights worldwide.' His eyes move away, he's trying to link something. Once again he looks back at his laptop. '..the guiding lights..' "Is this.. about that?" Yusuke looks at the TV and wonders whether his guess is true.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 06]
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 07:33:51 AM »
The voice is getting closer, but not from around her. It's raising inside of her, something in her tries to communicate with her. Clearer, louder, Junjun can hear it calling her name. The other whispers seem to disappear the more she concentrates. She must be doing the right thing, concentrates more and then the confused whispers completely disappear.

"Li Chun, finally you let me through to your mind."
- "Who are you?"
"I am you, we are one now, the narrator and the book united."
A-ha. So the entity/spirit that was in the book that her grandmother gave her has awakened and finally been able to establish a link with her.

"Don't worry, you are safe now. I made use of my only active ability to protect you. Look around, you can see it."

There's nothing strange in her room. Everything seems normal at first glance, but then she notices a white shimmering object around her.

"It's a shield, but a weak one. Just enough to block their voices."
- "They..?"
"Yes, they are communicating with each other, but not in our world, not yet. They are still in their world, the mirror world. They are around everybody, but you are special. You can hear them, but they are not talking to you."
But we still don't know who "they" are. Personally I'm guessing it's a reference to the beings that have linked/possessed Reina and Sayu, and any others like them that might happen to be around.

"The mirror world, a world of the same structure as the original, as the world you live in. It's the trash can of this world. Some also call it the chaos world because of that. Feelings such as hate, sorrow, fear or rage, everything gets exported into that other world. Those emotions and all your nightmares, they become true there, a manifestation of all the negative thoughts of this world. Why is that? The reason behind it is clear, the bad thoughts filtered out of this world, giving way for structure and order. No person would be able to experience real hate or anger without going insane. It's a security procedure. However, every trash can has its limit. The trash is overflowing, the chaos world beginning to merge with the normal world. All the manifestations, they'll become reality, even in this world. Their voices are the first sign, actions will be next, the total fusion the final procedure."
Ah, so the problem is that the mirror world is merging with the "real" world, and the beings from within it are the voices that Junjun hears.

"Your role is simple. Help to prevent it from reaching the last step."
- "Help?"
"You destiny is to read the book."
It has a way to stop the worlds from merging?

"What you are listening to now is your inner voice reading the book. Yes, it may sound like a direct conversation with you, but you have to understand that this is a very special book, designed to guide you and her through this fight."
- "Special.."
"I am God's diary."
Whoa...

"It will be a boring night tonight again," says the officer while leafing through an idol magazine. He and his colleague are on duty tonight, they are working in a koban, a police box in Tokyo. They are used to boring nights, the days aren't necessarily more exciting either. It's not their job to do exciting stuff when they are in a koban. Most of the time they have to deal with drunk people and tourists asking for the way.
If I were a cop, I'd love to be bored. "Excitement" for a police officer often means "danger".

A group of people are getting closer to the koban, probably youths, nothing unusual at night. They are probably drunk as well. It's better not to act as long as they don't bother other people. As they thought, they just passed by. They weren't able to see the group, it's dark after all, but were able to make out their voices passing by the koban. Now it's silent again, too silent. The officer puts down the cup of coffee while the other one still is busy with his magazine. He walks towards the glass door to look around, when suddenly something flies right though the door next to him. Both get surprised, a flushing sound. Fire.

"Fire!"
Oh shit, looks like these kids are being influenced by the "trash" from the mirror world. :o

Makes you wonder if the beings from the mirror world are specifically targeting people on that forum that Yuusuke's on, and if so, why?  Does it just so happen to be that they've found an easy access to our world here? Is it because the people on this forum are just more susceptible to their influence? :?

Offline HPriest

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 07]
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 06:11:13 PM »
Step 07 - Predictions

Sayu is currently sleeping in her bed. It's morning already, but Sayu is still deep in her dream about a pink rabbit playing with a pink ball on a pink field of grass. When she's about to fall asleep she dreams about pink sheep jumping over pink fences on a pink field. That's the pure and innocent Sayu you can only meet in her dreams.

However, something is gently tickling her, warm air tickling her sleeping lips. She's only realizing it half asleep and therefore doesn't react. Then the warm air makes way for something soft. It's touching her lips and only her lips, as if it was made only to kiss her lips. At the same time something starts to tickle her nose as well, something like.. another nose. Could that be.. Sayu opens her eyes.

"Iyaa~~!!!"

She sees the face of somebody right in front of her. Somebody is lying on top of her and kissing her, kissing her very gently, but without her permission to do so. Sayu uses both of her hands to throw that person down from herself and her bed.

"What are you doing here?" she asks.

The fact that this is her very first questions means that she knows the person who kissed her, recognizes the person who interrupted her dreams.

"You looked so cute and I always wanted to try what those humans are doing all the time." We are now close to seeing that person's face. The voice and the rest of the body already imply that it is a girl. "Well, it's no surprise that you look so cute, you look exactly like me after all." She said it, she really looks like a perfect copy of Sayu.

"Don't just come into my room, you scared me!" Sayu is slightly annoyed. "And what about that kiss? Geez.." She tries to 'clean' her lips with her hands, acting like spitting.

"Don't be so angry, we haven't seen each other for a while." That other Sayu goes and looks around her room. "Nothing changed, huh?"

"I can't say I didn't enjoy the time without you." Sayu's quite angry, not only about getting awoken like that, but even to see her at all. "So, why are you here? Have things reached such an advanced stage already?"

"You should know." She stretches herself while looking at the sleepy Sayu sitting on her bed in her pink pajamas. When she stretches some huge black wings suddenly appear out of her back, too huge for that small bedroom of hers. Things fall down from the desks and cupboards left and right, making our Sayu even more angry.

"Hey! Are you stupid? Watch out with those things!"

"Ah, sorry." She makes them disappear again.

"Did you have to expose them just now? They are totally useless anyway." The more our Sayu awakes, the more aggressively bitchy she becomes.

"Aww, don't say that. I just had them cut last week, you sure must have been a little bit impressed."

"Not at all, didn't see any difference..." Sayu clearly isn't impressed at all.

"WHAT!?" A short moment of rage. "Anyway, tell your god to get a grip, otherwise it will be even more boring this time again."

Sayu finally stands up to do the first thing she always does in the morning, looking at her in the mirror. "Like he listens to me.."

"Well, you know that I can't tell you a lot, but things are looking very good for us. That old geezer of yours should finally stop relying on old traditions. Being all fair and square won't do it anymore. He should have learned that the other four times already."

"We still have some aces up our sleeves.." Sayu' is busy checking her face thoroughly for things that could decrease her self-claimed unreachable beauty.

The other Sayu walks behind her and lays her arms around her neck. She's now looking at Sayu through the reflection of the mirror. "You better play them before it's too late, because we already have the trump card," she whispers into her ear.

Sayu tries to stay cool and relaxed, but on the inside she's becoming concerned now.

"Ah well, we should definitely meet more often now again, like in the old days." She moves away from her hugging position and claps on Sayu's shoulders. "Don't forget the popcorn!" A short wink and then she's gone, disappeared just like that.

Sayu looks back at herself in the mirror. "My guesses have been right, it's that time again. However, what's this bad feeling I have this time? Could this be our final chance to redeem our faults?" She makes a serious and concerned face.

Maybe about one hour later, somewhere on the streets of Tokyo.
Junjun is on her way to the studio. Last night hasn't been as tough as the day before again, but all the information she received is like a heavy weight in herself. She holds her stomach, still not really sure whether she believes that there is some kind of book inside of her. Somehow she can't get the image of a real book in her stomach out of her head anymore. Of course the book turned more into something like a mental thing inside of her, it's not inside of her in a real book form.

"Are you there?" she asks.
- "I'll always be from now on." The short reply.

That's the end of their conversation again, Junjun doesn't know what to say or to ask. It's all too much for her. The fact that it always sounds like she's actually talking with somebody doesn't help her to clear her mind. The book explained that it is because of that almost all possible questions and answers are already written inside of it, each time she asks, sees or experiences something it triggers a certain chapter in the book and gives her the right answer or explanation. That's truly a masterpiece of all books, god's diary. It's like a talking manual of how to solve the world.

Suddenly her head starts to hurt like crazy. The sound of talking people and driving cars appear in her mind together with some blurry images. They don't resemble sounds and images of the street she's walking along right now. "What's that?" she asks.

"Your other skill, being able to foresee certain events. Some are getting repeated each time and are already recorded of your previous generations inside of me, but most of them will be new experiences. Therefore I can't give you completely detailed answers each time, but help on how to read or handle them."

"I-I can see the future?" Junjun asks while still holding her head in pain.

"Only outlines of upcoming relevant events. What are you seeing right now?"

"I don't know, some people and a street with cars. It just looks like an ordinary street, but.. argh the noises are too loud. Th-There is also some cafe, yeah, a cafe.." Junjun gets down on her knees as the pain becomes unbearable. The whole event ends before it would make her faint. She feels completely exhausted and is sweaty as after an extra hard session in the gym.

"That cafe, do you know where it is?" the book asks.

"I.. no, I don't.. I'm sorry."

Junjun slowly regains her power and is able to stand up again. She's not really show what just happened to her, but something is going to happen at that cafe."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 06:29:29 PM by HPriest »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 07]
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 12:34:29 AM »
Keeping it short, since no one else has contributed any of their thoughts.

So Sayu and Junjun both have precognitive abilities, eh?

Offline HPriest

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 08]
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 02:17:54 AM »
This chapter is really messy and raw, but that was my intention to a certain extend. I tried to include my crazy and messed up fantasy 1:1 into this chapter. However, there don't seem to be a lot of people reading it anyway, so.. . I hope you still enjoy the chapter, the two or three readers I have. ^^

Step 08 - Loss

Yossie sits outside of a café with nothing but a glass of water in front of her, her eyes focused on that glass alone, recording every wave caused by the cars driving on the street only a few meters away from her. Why she looks at that glass she doesn't know, probably to calm herself down, but her senses are all surprisingly calm despite her fast-throbbing heart beating as if it wanted to escape out of her body. She has her right hand in the right pocket of her pants, firmly holding onto an object that will most likely going to change everything, everything around her and inside of her. It might bring the desired release, that object Reina gave her. Yossie remembers...

It was a very dark night, it seemed. Yossie was curious about what Reina's extended information regarding that 'accident' of her brother. The time of their meeting seemed strange late at night, but Yossie was blinded by her own mind. In an alley without lights, an alley with an incredible freezing air draft coming from the end of the alley that seems to end in an eternity of darkness. In the middle of that darkness is Reina. Yossie was a bit frightened when she suddenly appeared as if she was lightened by a lamp, although there was no source of light whatsoever. Scary indeed, but Yossie was still blinded. Reina started to talk with her, but not in a normal way. Her lips weren't moving, yet Yossie was able to hear her voice.

However, she can't remember what she said. It somehow didn't get saved in her memory, all she knows is that her information gave her an impulse she would have never dreamed of. She never was so sure about something in her whole life, yet she doesn't know why and her body also seems to disagree with her emotions. Her heart is beating so fast that she now even has to hold her chest with her left hand while still sitting in that café in front of her glass of water. No matter how hard it's trying to beat, it can't win against her mind anymore. Yossie tightens her grip of the object she still has in her right pocket as the time approaches.

"Yossie!" A voice suddenly kicks her out of her trance and throws her back into reality. All of the surrounding sounds of the cars and passing people suddenly increased to a volume almost unbearable, but it was only the transition between the trance and reality. Somebody suddenly places his hand on her shoulder almost triggering something Yossie wouldn't have been able to control, but the time is not yet here. "That early in the café already?" The person moves into Yossie's sight and appears to be her good friend Kamei Eri. Yossie's eyes still need some time to adjust, since she's been staring at the glass for who knows how many hours. She's finally completely arriving in reality again.

"Ah, yeah.."

Eri sits down in the chair opposite of Yossie as if it was a matter of course and orders herself a glass of water as well. Yossie has no topic she would want to talk about with her right now, the situation is awkward, for her at least. Eri seems to be in a good mood, her sick-leave is finally over. She can go back to the studio with all of the other girls and have a great time at work, something only a few people can enjoy in today's society. Love your job, that's her motto. She notices that Yossie seems to be in thoughts about something else and therefore doesn't try to force her into a smalltalk, but instead keeps on smiling at her while receiving the glass of water. Eri knows nothing yet, neither about Yossie's brother or all the other weird things going on for some of the girls. Yossie finally decides to say more than the "ah, yeah" she said just now.

"Are you feeling alright again?"
- "Hm? Oh, yeah, thanks. I can't wait to get back to the studio."
"I see.."

She wants to pick up the glass with her left hand to take a gulp, but it's shaking so incredible wild that she has no choice but to hide it again embarrassed. Eri noticed it and gets the idea that something must be wrong. Yossie's either really really nervous or there's something else going on. "Maybe she's ill?" Eri thinks, but in reality can say nothing more than "are you ok?". Yossie can't answer that question. She's ok in her mind, but her body is more and more going against her own will. It tries to protect her, trying to disconnect her from her corrupted mind, but here it comes in unhandy that Yossie is a pretty strong willed girl. Suddenly she becomes all intense. It's time, something in her mind tells her. All her senses focuses on the object in her right hand.

"What's this?" Yossie asked Reina in the dark alley last night when seeing that 20cm long knife lying on a table. No, Reina didn't giver an answer, but Yossie knew it anyway. She also knew what to do with it, but not why. She picked up the knife after a short time of fighting a war inside of her own mind, but the what soon won over the why, leaving her with a somewhat lonely yet strong feeling while holding that knife in her hand.

It's exactly that knife she has in her pocket now. The object she's been holding on with such a firm grip as if it was the object in her life, the object that was going to change her destiny.

She stands up.

Eri is a bit surprised and still is curious about why Yossie's hand was shaking that much. She stands up as well and goes over to Yossie who moved one or two meters away from the table. Eri grabs her arm, asking her what's wrong with her, but that seemed to be wrong of her. Yossie pushes her away with such a sad and mean face Eri never saw in a person's face before.

"One, two.." it counts in Yossie's head while moving her attention away from Eri.
"Four, five.." She takes the knife out of her pocket and takes more steps towards the crowd passing by.
"Seven, eight.." Eri sees the knife, but everything is going on too fast for her to really realize what's happening.
"Ten." The lightning followed by the thunder.

She stabbed somebody in the upper body, followed by a first shocked and completely silent reaction by the other people, the lighting, shortly turning into screams and panic, the thunder. Yossie rammed the whole 20cm into the body of that man. That man wasn't a random man, it's that man.

"It wasn't an accident, he killed him." Reina said last night, Yossie suddenly can remember. "He killed your brother."

Yossie looks into the face of that man and yes, it's really him. The man who drove the car that crashed into her brother in what seemed to be an accident. The man that actually took away her brother as revenge for loosing his job because of Yossie's father, Reina explained. Yossie smiles, laughs, stops laughing, screams, cries, stops crying, laughs.. Everything is crashing down on her, both worlds collide inside of her. Her body finally took over her mind, but it was too late. "What did she just do?" Yossie asks herself. "Revenge? Why revenge? What's going on?" She more and more starts to loose her sanity as the reality finally sheds light on her dark mind. Her hand is finally letting go of the knife. There's not a lot of blood coming out of his wound while the knife still sticks inside of him.

Everyone, really everyone around her is perplexed by the situation. They want to run away, but can't. They want to catch her, but also feel sorrow for her. It's painful to just look at her. She's going through all kind of emotions in a matter of seconds. Eri shakes away her confusion and rushes over to her. Bang

Bang...

Bang!

Shots! Chaos! Panic! What's going on? People don't care, they just started to run away when they heard the shots, their natural reaction. Eri also stopped, but can't run away. No, she wasn't shot, but the shots were close, too close. She looks at the man Yossie stabbed and.. he really pulled out a gun out of nowhere. Eri looks back at Yossie and finds her in a state of falling to the ground. Everything is going on in slow motion for her at the moment. "Y-o-s-s-i-e!" She screams, but can't hear herself actually releasing the characters out of her mouth. In an instant she makes quit move forward and catches Yossie before she hits the ground. Shocked she looks at her face. Blood is coming out of her mouth. She moves her attention across her body and discovers the three shot wounds. He really shot her. Eri's seriously overwhelmed with the whole situation, overwhelmed with all her own emotions at the moment. The shootings created a big empty circle around them with people staring from what seems to be a safe distant for them and their voyeuristic satisfaction. Eri is holding Yossie in her arms, when there's suddenly a fourth shot. The man doesn't look like he's finished shooting at Yossie, although she's already lying on the ground dying. The knife in his body also doesn't seem to interest him. After that Eri does a pretty useless thing by dragging Yossie away from the scene, but she doesn't even make 10cm per push. The man slowly follows her, enjoying her helpless try to escape from him before shooting yet another bullet into Yossie's body, this time going through and hitting Eri in her leg.

Pain.

Eri continues to drag Yossie with her left arm while she uses her right arm to move forward on the ground.

Bang. They don't appear to be as loud as earlier anymore. It could be the shock, the adrenaline or that Eri's eyes simply adopted to the intense sound of the pistol.

She's loosing her strength, she's hardly able to move Yossie at all now.

Bang He won't stop. Every shot gets followed by some evil laughter.

Eri has no power anymore. She gives up or better said her body does. The man is now getting really close and moves the now already dead Yossie away with his foot to have a clear visual on Eri herself. Is he by any chance now planning to shoot her as well? Eri is scared. Eri is desperate. Eri is exhausted. Eri is everything but in a good situation right now. She can see him slowly pulling the trigger. At the same time she's trying to stop him grabbing for things near herself, but there's nothing she could throw. Standing up is a problem now as well with that wound in her leg. She keeps on searching for useful objects all in that short time he's pulling the trigger. Then she finally finds something, but it's small. The size of a marble at most, but what else can she do?

She throws it. *Zzzzzzsssssshhhhhhh*

All of the sudden the man bursts into flames, but he was still able to shoot that last bullet. Luckily the flames affected his aiming and so it only shaved the cheek of Eri leaving a minor scar. Eri didn't even realize she got shot, the 1.70m tall man in flames right in front of her is much more shocking to her. What she doesn't know is that that marble she picked up before wasn't there all the time. In fact it appeared right in her hand and not on the ground. SHE made that marble, that marble was able to turn one man into one big bonfire. He collapses to the ground, the flames unnaturally keeping their intensity, burning him into nothing but ashes in a matter of not even one minute. Eri is confused, all the bystanders are confused.

Yossie isn't confused, Yossie is dead.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Crushed Heart [I - Step 08]
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 04:31:55 AM »
FRAKKIN' BASTARD!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anyband - Promise U