JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Get Over

Author Topic: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)  (Read 287662 times)

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Re: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)
« Reply #820 on: July 07, 2009, 11:15:29 PM »
i didnt get sick..just worried people at home...they're still talking about my trip. thank goodness i lied and told them i was going with a group

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #821 on: July 07, 2009, 11:25:22 PM »
Day 2: Got to the Westin and soon found other H!psters as we converged in a relaxing area with all kinds of water around. Everyone gets there and Dai starts handing out tickets to the guest reception that no-one had heard about. After we get to where the line was forming, we hear a call to clear a path and the Morning Musume entorage rolls past. I had my camera out and had the button pushed as the first girls walked by, till the last one. As they get out of view, my brain unfogs and yells VIDEO STUPID. I only got a picture of one of the girls(to be posted later)once inside grabbes some grub(including a couple of bananas) and found an empty place.
     First round of musical chairs no GOH, second with the guy behind Afro Samurai, 10k was good with asking the questions. The next round was with some animators(I forget what for) and they were asking what anime we were watching, Macross Frontier, they then asked Ranka or Sheri. K-T got into a philisophical discussion about Neon genisis Evangelion. Next round Female voice actress that was good fun, knowing most of us were here for Morning musume, I hadn't realized she had worked on the new robotech movie or I would have had more to talk about with her.
        Then next round ding I'm there, got Flips place across from Reina. Tryed getting the seat next to me for another JP'er but some greasy ponytail jackhole jumped it.  Dinny is in between more at Ai's table but also at ours with T-back. And then Dragon lady starts us off. Where are we from? have we ever been to Japan before? I answered yes, and mentioned when I was in the Navy, in 95-96 I spent a lot of time in Yakouska and Sasabo.(sp?) Reina looked at me brightly"Yakouska?!!" Dragon lady then asked if that was where I found Morning Musume, and I had to reply,"No, I was there before Morning Musume". Greasy ponytale took up time comparing the girls to AV Idols, and then they had to go. Dinny and T-back got their DVD to Gaki, Who squealed in glee when she recognized them from the Q&A panel the day before. We hung out and compared experiences. Ping and Linna2040 presented Reinas chair the Teh guy behind Gundam(he's like the #2 whota in Japan. That got a great responce. afterwards me and OpsMonkey met up with Paul Thomas and we talked for a bit before going our seperate ways.
             After making a game plan the JPh!psters went their own way as well, I headed back to the hotel to Suit up. Since the girls saw me in the JPH!P T during the autograph session the day before I wore something else to the reception. Got to the con and waited in the food court near where the concert was to be held, and to my surprise, when there wasn't a lot of traffic I could hear the girls as they went throught their mic-check. Met up with Dai, and watched his stuff while he scouted out the lines. We had our own little tailgate pre show party in the shade by the line. passing out glowsticks and wristbands. Even the event staff wanted in on our action. When it got time to get the line moving I had @5 people ask me where to get the awesome shirt? I pointed them in Dai's direction. One of the staffers made a Firefly quote while trying to kee[p the line moving, and I was the only one to get it. I fired off a quote of my own. Finally in the hall and in my seat 5th row section e. Unfortunatly the guys in the row in front of me were rather tall and wide. Really not good for the really short girl that took the seat next to me. took a while and who'da thunk AC/DC before a Morning Musume concert. the AX commercials were rather annoying, but did play 321 breaking out. The concert itself was a glorious orgasmic blurr. Had so much fun, I did notice the tall wide guys in the row in front of me were just standing there. WTF? if they were going to be in the way they could've at least acted like they were enjoying themselves. Concert gets out and we're off to the Yossi, sorry Hangry signing.
           I make it there in good time and get my stuff out to be ready. OH SHIT, no ticket. I had my card for Yossi, but lost the autograph ticket. I noticed Differentstory12 behind me, so I give her the card and head out. I find 10k and Dai just before I tell them I lost my ticket Dai gives the last one to a hot chick, I cant say anything now, I point them towards the line and book it back to the Hotel. I get to my room and find it where I left it and grab a taxi back to the con. luck was with me. all green lights. I get back to the line and I'm thinking everyone got through already, I see Big Freaky and jump in with him. The line runs smoothly if not a bit rushed and I get my Hangry autograph. many of us mill about the autograph area and I did get video of Yossi leaving(to be posted later) dinner with the crew at ESPN bar, good food great company. Later was Hello Pary. I t looked like people were having a really good time. Kinda crowded for my taste(yea spent 4 days at a maxed out con and the party is what I couldnt handle go figure) Some of us went back to work on the scrapbook and gift basket for the girls. Apparantly 10 was having a bad day and needed to get his drink on.  As things got to going Dai set up his laptop camera to broadcast the shenanigans. We decided to take over the radio. They broke out the mike and went to it.  I ended up back at my hotel @230 Am.  Day 3 still to come
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:18:11 AM by Rickker708 »
Life is one time.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #822 on: July 07, 2009, 11:46:07 PM »
To everyone who's sick: Get well soon!

To everyone's who's well: More pics pleaseeee! XD

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #823 on: July 07, 2009, 11:54:26 PM »
So please, let's be respectful, I agree that it was a little annoying that she didn't do a great job for translating during the Morning Musume. panel, but you have to admit, that noob translator AX gave them wasn't that great to begin with either.

I don't really care if she handles the Queen of Sheebah. She was interfering with the events, was a pain in the ass, and couldn't translate the stink of shit without trying to be a comedian. She belonged in the crappy reel of Last Comic Standing, not handling something of any value to anyone.

I know it's just nitpicking, but seriously, some of us spent damn near all our savings to go there. We didn't need some attention whore in the way of what we came to see.

Oh and as for the sickness, I have a scratchy throat and am coughing a bit. Rena seems to have been bitten to. Just take it easy and it shouldn't get worse. Looks like it's just a little sore throat. Naturally a doctor is must better than my post, so if you feel really bad don't listen to me. XD I'm just glad the bug waited until the end of the trip, though I wish I was feeling 100% for my six hour drive back to my house tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 11:59:07 PM by Datalanche »

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #824 on: July 07, 2009, 11:56:58 PM »
I'm feeling a little sick the second and third days too, but I think it's from not getting enough sleep. I was fine after that and now I feel it again. I went to bed really late last night.

I hope everyone feels better soon. Especially you, jab. You looked terrible on Sunday night. XD

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #825 on: July 08, 2009, 12:01:27 AM »
why does some people call her Diaz on H!O lol or are they refering to someone else

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #826 on: July 08, 2009, 12:02:56 AM »
Has anyone posted the correct setlist already? I don't want to plow through 175 pages at H!O  :lol:

Offline QazYseult

« Reply #827 on: July 08, 2009, 12:16:49 AM »
The Q&A session was fun.  A lot of fans hogged the microphone too much, though.  "Dragonlady" filtered out some of the more "out-of-line" questions. 

The concert was awesome, for what it was.  The center section was obviously full of the real hardcore fans.  I was off to the side in a quieter section, but I did my best to represent.  I brought along a complete H!P virgin who I think was quite confused.  They really only performed for an hour; the rest of the time was spent announcing the Myspace winners.  In all, I was gearing up for this by watching the 2008 Spring concert video.  Obviously, there's no way this concert was going to measure up to that standard; all it did was whet my appetite for the real thing!   :lol:

I heard about all the problem people were having getting autographs.  Even though I had one of the tickets, I took one for the team and didn't even line up.  Whoever got the last autograph, you're welcome.

The Hello!Party was a great time!  I didn't get there right from the start, so I must have missed some of you.  I really don't know what to say about the older guy who "wanted to meet all the ladies",  :huh: but on the other hand I was pleasantly surprised by some of the cuties that were in attendance.   :lol:

The Tsunku session was kind of sparsely populated.  He answered some good questions.  I'm thinking of buying "Rhythm Heaven" for the DS, now.  He seemed to enjoy himself.

I went to AX Idol and there was some good talent there.  They had two categories, singing and voice acting.  Tsunku only rated the singers.  The last singer really got the crowd pumped but didn't win.  Tsunku commented that the guy had a real "Sexy" voice.  Other than that, in the voice acting category, someone dressed as Darth Maul from Star Wars dubbed a hilariously surreal high-pitched character.

My overall impression was that it was awesome!  I can feel myself spiralling further downward into MM fandom.  In fact I just ordered my first PB, Sayumi's 20sai.  I'm a little terrified as to what I might be becoming.  :shocked

I was a bit depressed at the selection at the booth.  I was hoping to pick up a copy of "Cover You" at the convention, also.  Still good for a first shot.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #828 on: July 08, 2009, 12:18:47 AM »
I didn't take that many pics, but here's whatever I took.

The crew chillin in the shade instead of standing in the line under the heat like fools

The premium ticket line. There was another line for walk-ins off to the side.

Some dinner action after the concert. Check out Limit's kung fu hands.

Heading over to the Hello! Party

Ping and daigong's hand violating the sign.

Hello! Party, during the karaoke game.

Izakaya. Crazy glowing eyes from Jab and a_P.

Exhibit hall.

The rest at my Flickr

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #829 on: July 08, 2009, 12:51:33 AM »
^ Awesome pics! And Daigong's drunken toast video (via the flickr link) is fucking epic! :lol:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #830 on: July 08, 2009, 01:03:41 AM »
I just checked it, and wtf, there's like 2 minutes missing from the video. I'll upload it again.

There are better videos of the toast, though.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #831 on: July 08, 2009, 01:25:52 AM »
^ god do i look goofy in one of the pics...

btw, wheres the vid on the toast?

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #832 on: July 08, 2009, 01:35:50 AM »
Apparantly 10 was having a bad day and needed to get his drink on.

understatement of the trip lol. but the drink helped quite a bit, as did the company lol. thanks for putting up with me that night guys, esp arun who had to listen to me cry and moan about the whole story for about 20 minutes when he took me back my room.

but hell, i know you guys had fun laughing at my drunk ass.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #833 on: July 08, 2009, 01:46:19 AM »
lol, shit. I think I was kind of half awake when you guys came back. I wasn't sure if I actually heard all that but you just confirmed it lulz.

Anyway, I just realized Flickr only lets me upload 90 seconds of video. I'll put it on my YouTube.

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #834 on: July 08, 2009, 02:35:08 AM »
I just read on JPM that one of their forum members who went to AX has come down with swine flu (or whatever it's called now).  :pig gtfo:

So, if you were at AX and have FLU symptoms, be sure to go to the doctor just to be safe.  US Gov website says "The symptoms of swine flu in people are expected to be similar to the symptoms of regular human seasonal influenza and include fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing. Some people with swine flu also have reported runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea."  :pig madder:

(no freakouts, pls. that's so 2 months ago XD)

Thus concludes your friendly neighborhood nutter public service announcement.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #835 on: July 08, 2009, 03:20:19 AM »
I can just see the headlines now:

CUTE GIRLS CAUSE AMERICAN COLLAPSE
America has descended into chaos, as swine flu sweeps the country. Government officials have finally located the start of the epidemic in Los Angelos, California, specifically the Anime Expo, where the infected(hailing from as far as Hawaii) refused to sacrifice their chance at seeing popular Japanese girl group Morning Musume, instead choosing the "share the love." No word from the Japanese yet on whether some of the fans passed on the bug to the Guests of Honor, which could result in an international pandemic.
Fucking nerds.

And the resulting propaganda posters:

CONVENTIONS CAUSE PLAGUE

IDOLS ARE A DISEASE and we are the cure...

SWINE FLU LUV OTAKU

FAN-DUB/DANCE, FOR WE ALL DIE TOMORROW

:sweatdrop:

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #836 on: July 08, 2009, 03:36:35 AM »
*****IMPORTANT INFO*****

If you had a camera and took pictures and/or video at Anime Expo of/with JPHiPsters, please PM me! We have the gallery setup and I'd like to tell you how easy it is to upload your shit!

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #837 on: July 08, 2009, 03:41:42 AM »
******MORE IMPORTANT STUFF******

If you are one of the girls who ordered a ladies tee and received a unisex t-shirt due to the loss of the ladies tees, PLEASE PM TENKEI.

Also, if you ordered a shirt and DID NOT PICK UP at the con, PLEASE PM TENKEI.

If you ordered a shirt to be shipped to you after the con PLEASE PM TENKEI

that is all (for now)

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #838 on: July 08, 2009, 03:49:54 AM »
^^ Wooo galleries FTW

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #839 on: July 08, 2009, 04:49:42 AM »
Well, that was an eventful trip to say the least. It was cool to see the guys from Sakura Con,but it was even better meeting new people from the boards. I don't have much to post except that most of my time was in a line of some sort.

Thanks to all the people I met at the AX...You guys made it FUN!!!

JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Get Over