JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dreams Come True - Sweet Sweet Sweet

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238676 times)

Offline redrick9

• Love Emma Watson Forever
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #920 on: February 06, 2014, 06:00:34 AM »
Starting up the Winter dramas. :)
Nothing particularly good. Nothing totally boring either. But I'm just starting

Must watch:
S - Saigo no Keikan ep01 - High-profile 'movie-quality' manga turned drama. The creation of a new police assault unit "NPS", that takes down dangerous criminals while vowing not to allow anyone to die in the process. Solid stuff.

Shitsuren Chocolatier ep01 - Romance comedy with an idol cast. MatsuJun and Ishihara Satomi are an awesome pairing, basically every scene with those two make for some great laughs. LOL at random erotic Satomi eating chocolate scene. LOL x2 at MatsuJun wedding speech.
Don't know if I'm laughing more at MatsuJun's chara being such a masochist, or my past self for chasing someone just like Saeko... :sweatdrop:

Good:
Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu ep01 - Same old negotiator-type cop drama. Just think Koshonin, switch Yonekura Ryoko to Amami Yuki, have 80% of the show filmed in one room, and you have a basic idea of the first episode. Don't think it'll do anything surprising, but it does have a great supporting cast doing their magic with the characters.

Iryu 4 ep01 - More of the same hospital drama goodness.

Senryokugai Sousakan ep01 - Light-hearted cop drama with Takei Emi going back to her cute meddling character-type (Thank god! No more boring Umi no Ue no Shinryojo chara!). Another EXILE'r TAKAHIRO dipping into acting. He's not bad, but definitely room for improvement. If they spark it off, it might turn out pretty good.

Lost Days ep01 - A group of graduating classmates having a holiday before they go into society, at one of the girl's family mountain cabins. Surprisingly finding her creepy brother already there. And news of a convict on the loose in the area. Plus a really messed up love relationship chart. Let the mystery murders begin. :D
Waits for the imminent Kamen Rider Kiva vs Kamen Rider W battle. :lol:

Dr. DMAT ep01 - Another hospital drama. About a doctor joining DMAT, a disaster rescue team made of volunteers. While battling the trauma of previously being unable to save his little sister, that is currently in a coma.
OK. It's more interesting than my explanation. But the story is pretty slow and the cast is isn't that strong.

OK:
Boku no Ita Jikan ep01 - I think it's a really good drama. Basically 1 Litre no Namida (guy version). I'm pretty depressed already IRL though, so I might drop this before I get more sad. :P

Dropping:
Nazo no Tenkosei ep01 - Weird Sci-fi show. Not that interesting.

Kami no Tsuki ep01 - A housewife having a mid-life crisis. It reminds me of Shotenin Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi that Erika Toda was in. Pacing is really slow though (that's like Shotenin Michiru too!). Way too many depressing drama scenes for me to enjoy it.

yay, i already watch Boku no Ita Jikan.... like ur said, its a sad plot, but i really enjoy the watching while im tearing up  :P
and why always police and hospital plot??
any recommend like a highschool plot guys? i really like school life in japan  :twothumbs or more like Stand Up!! and 7-nin no Majo... bit funny and ero :p
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:13:44 AM by redrick9 »
- when there's a wind blowing in my back, its because i'm farting :p -

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #921 on: February 06, 2014, 08:22:40 AM »
^I think Yoru no Sensei is the only 'school drama' this season, and it's the "teacher helping students" theme. Totally different from the fun highschool drama genre you're looking for.
Maybe cos it's Winter, all the dramas need to be super-serious. :P

You might like Shitsuren Chocolatier. The manga romance/comedy should help balance out Boku no Ita Jikan nicely.

Offline redrick9

« Reply #922 on: February 16, 2014, 12:07:48 PM »
^I think Yoru no Sensei is the only 'school drama' this season, and it's the "teacher helping students" theme. Totally different from the fun highschool drama genre you're looking for.
Maybe cos it's Winter, all the dramas need to be super-serious. :P

You might like Shitsuren Chocolatier. The manga romance/comedy should help balance out Boku no Ita Jikan nicely.

i already have a lot drama on my watching list...but thanks for the recommendation, maybe i look some of the clip for making sure fo it :)
and yes, the manga... its on my list too because my friend suggest it, but i havent read it yet... so many movies and manga on my list...
so maybe i watch my drama list first :D

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #923 on: February 19, 2014, 08:47:56 AM »
I'm currently watching Rich Man, Poor Woman and Shitsuren Chocolatier. I've developed a love for Ishihara Satomi. She's just so great and expressive imo.

I also heard S - Saigo no Keikan is good too, so I definitely must watch it.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #924 on: April 20, 2014, 01:23:48 PM »
Spring dramas started airing.

Must-watch:
Alice no Toge ep01 - I would say 'another hospital drama'. But that is totally not what this show is about. Its about a girl becoming a doctor, to get revenge on the negligent doctors that caused her father's death. RAWR!~~ Juri Ueno doing this shady calculating role is pretty refreshing. And you'know, this type of story really hooks viewers to keep watching.
Pandora 4 - Its not even on till Apr 27th. But they're so good. I love my Pandora. :heart:
Gunshi Kanbee - Taiga drama. Yay! :) It's already 10+ episodes in.

Good:
Yowakutemo Katemasu ep01 - Nino's character becomes a substitute teacher and coach for a failing highschool baseball team. I think they just exploded Nino's lazy gaming chara and made it into a story. :P It's pretty fun.
Bitter Blood ep01 - Father/Son cop duo. A few good laughing scenes.
Black President ep01 - A well-known apparel company president, goes to college to study company management. And has clashes with his instructor and the film club students. It brings up a lot of interesting points.
Gokuaku Ganbo ep01 - A woman getting in debt, joins a "Financial Consultant" company that uses gaps in the law to profit. It's pretty entertaining.

OK:
Smoking Gun ep01 - Forensic researcher that investigates and finds conclusive evidence to solve civil cases. yup.
Shinigami-Kun ep01 - A god of death, telling people that they're gonna die and pushes them to do what they want before that time comes. He accidentally drops his book, listing who's gonna die, in the end of the first episode. Which gets picked up by a normal person. LOL. It's like Death Note (sooooo not going to be like Death Note)
BORDER ep01- A cop getting shot in the head. Then being able to see ghosts to solve murders. It's alright.
MOZU ep01 - Bombing guy loses memory, a gritty cop losing his wife from it, an evil security company planned it. conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy :lol: Super great cast. Slowest, most convoluted/boring pacing EVER!

Dropping:
First Class ep01 - Catfighting. Not my thing.
Silent Poor ep01 - Community social worker helping people. average.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #925 on: May 15, 2014, 03:56:36 AM »
Just two new watches so far for this season, perhaps I'll add another one or so in the future but once again not a real strong season.
Up to episode 4 of this, so far it's been rather enjoyable.

Just started this one today, like the main cast so thought I'd give it a bid, first episode was fairly good.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #926 on: July 21, 2014, 04:26:28 PM »

Enjoyed ep1 [subbed] of Hirugao  http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hirugao

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #927 on: July 23, 2014, 12:10:04 PM »
I'm in the middle of watching Trick Season 2...

Subscribing to this thread for more viewing suggestions  :)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #928 on: July 28, 2014, 03:33:49 AM »
Once Hirugao gets a few more episodes subbed will be starting on that one, besides that drama there aren't that many again which catch my eye, actually sometimes I wonder if it's because the ones I'm interested in never get subbed. :sweatdrop: Would like to watch Kodoku no Gurume, Kodoku no Gourmet 4, first two seasons were subbed but not the third one so shouldn't hold out hope for this season then. Just started on this one today and it really looks to be a winner, first show was 90 minutes but didn't drag at all, Last Doctor.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #929 on: July 29, 2014, 11:34:11 PM »
Powered through all of MOZU and Hero (Season 1) in a week. Loved both. MOZU was one of the best doramas I've ever seen (aside from that rushed ending). Don't know how I missed out on Hero before, but it was just swell. I finished it in time to pick up season 2, which is turning out pretty good so far as well.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #930 on: July 30, 2014, 03:06:37 PM »
^I ended up watching through MOZU too. It did get better once they started chasing after the amnesia guy. The conspiracy was still too much for me. :lol:
Still haven't checked out Season 2 yet. But its just 5 episodes, should just do it in the weekend.

Waited for so long for Dai Tokyo Toy Box to get subbed, didn't happen so I just watched it raw. :P

Summer dramas. Just started some of the popular ones. Still haven't started up HERO or GTO yet.

Must watch:
Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo N (ep01-02) - Episodes so far actually feels pretty close to the original series, and the acting isn't as flat as the previous specials either. Twitter announced Takato Yoichi (from their recent SP) will appear in episode 5, that's one to look out for.
Wakamonotachi 2014 (ep01) - Remake of an old drama about a sibling family and troubles of youth. Nice cast. :)

Good:
Peter no Souretsu (ep01-03) - This is the 2nd season? I only watched like 2 episodes of the 1st season and stopped. Anyways, its a pretty dark drama starting with a bus-jacking, that is revealed to be a much bigger plot. I'm pretty interested how it'll turn out.
Zero no Shinjitsu (ep01-02) - A genius forensic pathologist, going out of her way to investigate and solve deaths. Yup, one of those dramas.

Average:
Suikyu Yankees (ep01-02) - The Summer idol drama of the bunch. School boys forming a water polo team to beat the top team in their district to save their school getting demolished.
Turn off your brain. Watch cute boys and cute girls. End of story.
offtopic: That Sano Hinako is like everywhere nowadays isn't she. :oops:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #931 on: August 16, 2014, 03:26:37 AM »
Up to episode 5 of Last Doctor, it's actually much better than I expected, not a must watch but a real solid view.
Two recent short ones that I just finished:
Tsui no Sumika, two-parter that ran at the end of July which was kind of an interesting watch.

SAVEPOINT was another solid watch, it was four episodes at 22+ minutes, really would been much better with longer episodes or another show or two.

Just started on Quartet today which is from 2011, just though the first episode so not sure how it's going to turn out but so far quite a bit of action and violence.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #932 on: August 31, 2014, 06:05:04 PM »
Picked up the midnight drama Aoi Honoo. Currently on ep07.

Adapted from the manga. Story about a college guy that aims to be a manga artist in the 80's, pretty much failing every episode.
It describes anime/manga trends during then, which is pretty fun. :)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #933 on: September 18, 2014, 03:30:45 AM »
One more episode of Last Doctor to view, just waiting for the subs and it's been a real enjoyable watch, stories haven't always been top notch but the characters have been quite interesting and the cast seems to click so well with each other.
Quartet started out a bit sluggish for the first two episodes, not much of a plot/story for those shows but then after that it really picked up and became kind of an intense series, especially the last two episodes, would give it an 8.5/10.
No real reason but I don't like watching too many dramas as they're airing, like to wait some months or even years after they've ended to watch them, not sure why but that's been my style for a while.... a second season of this series just started last week but didn't watch the first one so now on to this drama from 2013, Itazura na Kiss ~ Love in Tokyo, up to episode 4 and surprisingly it's been quite a good watch, hopefully I'll be able to sit through all 16 episodes, can't believe it's that long. :bleed eyes:

Also just started season one Soko Wo Nantoka today, it's from 2012 and the second season of it is currently airing, too early to tell how it's going to be.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #934 on: October 26, 2014, 02:28:59 AM »
Still waiting for the last few episodes of Soko Wo Nantoka to be subbed, it's been okay but expected it to be a bit better. :sweatdrop:
Just finished this series again, forgot how many times it's been as I lost count after 50.

Think one reason this year hasn't been as good for dramas is the lack of good late night series, they've been the best ones the last few years but either the amount of them has been cut back or they're not nearly as good as they used to be. But this is a late night drama which just started on Tuesday which is the third season of Shinya Shokudo, second season was solid but not nearly as good as the first season which truly is a must watch, hard to recommend a drama more than that one. Just started on the third season as the first episode was surprisingly subbed already, looks like another winner this time around. :thumbsup

Haven't started Dear Sister yet but will shortly as I just found subs for it, just had it's second episode this week.

Unsure about these two dramas which are Sakura and Sutekina Sentaxi, Yukie's are such hit and miss ones as they either rate a 9/10 or a 4/10, there's no middle ground for her shows, has anyone seen either of these ones yet?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #935 on: November 08, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »
Playing catch up. :)

Must-watch:
Kurofuku Monogatari ep01-02 - It has Yukirin! :heart:
Nobunaga Concerto ep01-04 - Oguri Shun time traveling to the Sengoku period. Fun! :heart:

Good:
N no Tameni ep01-03 - Murder, love, drama, youth, family, tragedy. And a whole buncha N's. :lol:
Jigoku Sensei Nube ep01-04 - I remember watching the anime, which was much more fun. Anyways, more Sano Hinako! :D

Average:
Doctor X ep01-04 - More X? Why not do some more Negotiator? I liked that waaay more. :roll:
Gomenne Seishun ep01 - Kawaei. :heart:

One more on the side. Cos I really like it.
Henshin ep01 - Its a 5-episode suspense drama.
The main character, Junichi, is shot in the head during a jewelry store robbery at Christmas, when buying a wedding ring for his girlfriend. He is later saved, but is kept isolated in the hospital, when he begins to have slight changes in his emotions compared to before the surgery. Like easily getting aggravated.
It is later revealed the robber that shot Junichi died on the same night as the robbery. Killing himself, and was sent to the same hospital as Junichi.
Really edge-gritting stuff. Kamiki Ryunosuke is great in it.

Offline ereter

« Reply #936 on: December 27, 2014, 04:16:18 AM »
boss
only managed to watch pt1

Offline alohano

• AKB48 Group and Momoclo!! Oshi is Mirukii!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chat? Send me a PM!
« Reply #937 on: January 19, 2015, 09:44:13 AM »
Hirugao in Hawaii.  Aya Ueto and the cast of spouses is messin around with everyone but their own spouse.  But the web is getting more and more tangled....they'll all get caught and a big mess is comin.  All in all, a great drama though.

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #938 on: February 03, 2015, 10:00:57 PM »
I've been watching nothing but Kimura Takuya's dramas lately.

Finished: Tsuki no Koibito (MESS), Asunaro Hakusho, Engine (which was cute), Concerto (THE BEST).
Watching: Long Vacation, Love Generation, Beautiful Life.

Other dramas:

Finished: Hirugao, Shomuni 1, Shomuni 2 (all are comedic gold) Dear Sister (LOVED).
Watching: Shomuni 3 Final, Bull Doctor.

Offline redrick9

« Reply #939 on: February 04, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »
Yes yes yes... i already finished all of drama's on my list!! :cow:
now i'm searching another drama about highschool life or historical one..
Any suggestion guys? Maybe 2 or 3 completed drama's, cuz i don't like waiting  :P

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dreams Come True - Sweet Sweet Sweet