JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HeavensDust - Lost Gift

Author Topic: The random idol festival thread  (Read 38794 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: The random idol festival thread
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »
I'm 99% going, and yeah TGU hasn't announced free tickets yet so it might not happen this year.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2017, 09:05:13 AM »
Unlikely. Work reasons and the annoying wetaher conditions then.
Anyone know details about @JAM? When and where? I have heard they change back again, sadly.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2017, 09:13:47 PM »
^ I think Jam Expo 2017 should be at the end of august if im not mistaken... Some of my friends going for that as well (not me though ! im always the "TIF fanboi" lol)  :lol:

Anyways, for this year TIF2017, the comitee really made it CLEAR that they're against moshing/lifting/throwing stuffs (lightstick) and also ripping up tshirts, etc etc...they even have a one dedicated page about it lol

http://www.idolfes.com/2017/caution/

I think they will really tighten up the security again this year (as if last year is not too strict already! haha)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #203 on: March 31, 2017, 05:53:16 AM »
Honestly those kinds of policies makes sense, if someone gets hurt someone has to pay and it will end up being them.

One thing they need to actually do better is the bag check, they never actually search bags at all (not that enjoy the inconvenience but if they have to do it they should do it right).

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2017, 06:11:11 AM »
Honestly those kinds of policies makes sense, if someone gets hurt someone has to pay and it will end up being them.

One thing they need to actually do better is the bag check, they never actually search bags at all (not that enjoy the inconvenience but if they have to do it they should do it right).

yeah, no bag checking at the stages, maybe they will do it this year.

but they do check the bags at the buppan / grand market areas. I often go to the market place areas, and the security checking does take some time (which abit sux when you're rushing into the next stage and stuffs), but i guess it can't be helped.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #205 on: March 31, 2017, 09:31:57 AM »
Actually I meant at the meet and greet area, the search there is pointless since they just glance inside of bags.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2017, 02:19:16 PM »
@JAM expo dates have been announced. August 26 and 27.

http://natalie.mu/music/news/227022

This is kinda bad for me. I can't go on vacation at that time of year.  :(

It's a little strange they would decide to have two major idol festivals in the same month. End of September made sense. It gave idol fans time to get over TIF and anticipate @JAM Expo a bit more. Also, yes, as rumored, they're going back to Yokohama arena. Never been there. Don't know if this is a good thing or not. I hear it's smaller than Makuhari Messe.

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »
Been to yokohama arena before for some concerts (Nana Mizuki) several years back. It is BIG. But if compare to Makuhari messe though...well it depends how many halls of Makuhari Messe we're talking about here (since Makuhari is basically an Expo/convention centre)

But do remember again that it's indoor, so the place might be abit cramped if its divided into several stages...

i think someone posted their @ jam expo experience in this forum before. Like, the place abit hot inside and "sound bleeding" from the next stage etc etc. but then again nothing is perfect, i also got some problems with TIF as well (like how far the walking distance between one stage to another, etc)

But the main advantage of course it that it's in indoor venue eh...can just avoid the sun, and probably no need to walk so far in between stages lol

For me i still prefer TIF though!

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2017, 02:54:07 PM »
Just go for the big live of Passpo in September then, Clem. There probably will be some other outdoor festivals at the time.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #209 on: April 04, 2017, 01:11:10 AM »
You have heard about this? An Festival in Budokan on May 6.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2088590/full/

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2018, 05:27:57 AM »
@JAM expo 2018 will be held as usual at Yokohama arena on August 25.26. Another @jam expo I'll miss unfortunately.

https://twitter.com/at_jam/status/983178002786693121

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HeavensDust - Lost Gift