JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bloodthirsty Butchers - Jack Nicolson

Author Topic: Best H!P Singles of 2015  (Read 5768 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Best H!P Singles of 2015
« on: December 26, 2015, 09:41:09 AM »
Usually we have a poll topic at the end of the year to click to vote for your favourite(s), but I think I'd rather go qualitative than quantitative this time :lol:

• This year has been the first year with Tsunku having stepped down as the main producer in Hello! Project. Looking back, how did you feel about the non-Tsunku songs VS. Tsunku songs?
  • Which songs do you think you will still listen to next year, or five years from now?
  • Which ones were the instant favourites, which ones took time to grow on you?
  • Overall, how was 2015 when it comes to music releases?

To refresh your memory, all music videos have been linked in this thread: CLICK!

Text list of singles:

ANGERME - Taiki Bansei / Otome no Gyakushuu
COUNTRY GIRLS - Itooshikutte Gomen ne / Koi Dorobou
KOBUSHI FACTORY - Nen ni wa nen / Survivor (Indie DVD Single)
C-UTE - Tsugi no Kado wo Magare / GamushaLIFE / The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~
MORNING MUSUME. '15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Amaegari / Ima Koko Kara
JUICE=JUICE - Wonderful World /Ca va? Ca va?
KIKKAWA YOU - Hana
ANGERME - Gashinshoutan / Nanakorobi Yaoki / Mahoutsukai Sally
COUNTRY GIRLS - Wakatteiru no ni gomen ne / Tamerai Summertime
MORNING MUSUME. '15 - Sukatto My Heart / Oh my wish! / Ima sugu tobikomu yuuki
KOBUSHI FACTORY - Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan / Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta / Nen ni wa nen (Nen'iri version)
ANGERME - Desugita Kui wa Utarenai / Dondengaeshi / Watashi
MORNING MUSUME '15 - Endless Sky / One and Only / Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi

Kikka isn't H!P, but whatevs. She can stay. :lol:

I know everyone is busy, but do take a moment of your holidays to share your views! :heart:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline initial

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • T.I.N.T. state of mind
Re: Best H!P Singles of 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 03:38:15 PM »
wish you could've added Lovendor
fave singles of 2015
C-UTE - Tsugi no Kado wo Magare / GamushaLIFE / The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~

Offline kqyoq92

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 12:01:46 AM »
new H!P sound without Tsunku is something different to me, but still awesome, it like hearing wider variety of music,,  :twothumbs

Taiki Bansei is instantly growing on me, maybe because its catchiness, so does all of Country Girls songs,, i guess i just love oldschool music  :)

i feel like Itoshikutte gomen ne will never make me bored, it just sound nice and soothing, and probably because there is Utachan  :cry:

next year i hope more variety awesome music from H!P

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 02:42:57 AM »
It's very different between the two but its refreshing away from his sounds and the best know when to step down even though it may be past his prime per se.  Anyways... MM came out quite strong with the new groups coming together but I agree that C-ute probably only needed that selection XD

Ramen Daisuki
Oh My Wish
Watashi

All were pretty good IMHO overall those three stands out for me :hip smile:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 07:14:07 AM »
to be perfectly honest, the only h!p songs i actually liked from this year are the kobushi factory songs (ok, the middle management song is ok, but not nearly on par with past C-ute songs imho -  it pains me to say that i haven't really enjoyed any C-ute songs for a couple years now if i'm being totally honest, and i'm afraid that tsunku really was that one thing that made h!p truly special, and without him it's just not the same...lately it all seems a bit 'meh')

i haven't given up all hope, but  it saddens me that it's not the girls themselves but those behind the scenes who can make or break things if you will  :bleed eyes:

i think it's out of sheer respect & a bit of love for the girls themselves that i haven't just totally written off h!p as a whole despite the fact that i don't really like how things have been turning out...i guess i just don't know when to quit  :banghead:

sorry for being mr. negative  :sweatdrop:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 11:08:46 AM »
I have finally re-listened through all (okay, most of) the new single songs!

I'm even surprised myself, I actually rather like the non-Tsunku songs. The Country Girls songs are really simple and cutesy and they're not the kind I would openly listen to, but darnit if I didn't have a smile on my face as I was listening to them (and watching the videos)! :P

I'm also really liking ANGERME's cool tracks. And Kobushi Factory had really good songs.

C-ute's Tsugi no kado wo magare was emotional to me the first few times I heard it, but boy did I get tired of it quickly, and I didn't even bother listening to it again for this 'project'. T_T The other songs were also rather 'safe'.

Juice=Juice single... I really, really don't like Wonderful World. I think the chorus sounds super forced and ugh I cringe whenever I hear it. :( Ca va? Ca va? had potential, but I feel like nobody involved really got this song. This was the perfect song for some fun and craziness, and instead they are all serious in the video and... I don't get it! If this was a Melon Kinenbi song, can't you just imagine how differently it would be performed? In the MV, everything I was seeing made no sense together with what I was hearing. Super odd and kinda ruins the song for me.

The MM singles - because they actually still have Tsunku's touch, huhum, they were actually least surprising, perhaps. You can hear that it's Tsunku. I think if you get into the lyrics the songs are a lot more powerful, but musically they are kind of stable, aside from Seishun (which I liked). And I liked Sukatto My Heart, especially the bridge + chorus. The December single is still too new for me to compare it to other singles. It tends to take several months for them to sink in for me ha ha.

Overall, I'd say these were my favs, and will likely enjoy also in the future:

KF: Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan
A: Dondengaeshi
A: Nanakorobi Yaoki
MM: Sukatto My Heart
MM: Seishun Kozo ga naiteiru
KF: Nen ni wa nen
CG: Wakatteiru no ni gomen ne
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bloodthirsty Butchers - Jack Nicolson