JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - She Is Back

Author Topic: The Fanfic Rant Hole  (Read 51782 times)

Offline peti-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ai-chan oriented XD
Re: The Fanfic Rant Hole
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 10:30:22 PM »
Since the topic is close to my heart I will also grumble and rant a bit XD Yes, there is definitely not enough ReinAi writers and.... I join Estrea in bricking rokun :P

I think that because we, meaning RenAi fans, don't actually get many RenAi moments in the real life(and maybe that's also the reason why there is so few fics about them...), we are on a bigger 'hunger' than fans of other pairings, that's why we desperately crave for more RenAi  fanfics but still even here we are a minority :( It isn't maybe that depressing but definitely, it's a shame that there is so few of us :( Come on people!It's such a great fun writing about them! XD

And I'm even in a worse situation than Estrea, cause I know only English and there is no fanfics about MM in polish :sweatdrop: So anyway, I started dragging people from my university into Momosu hoping that maybe someone will join our team and improve our fanfic statistics XD

Ok enough of ranting now off to sleep XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 11:12:40 PM »
Since we're grumbling about pairings, I want to mention a new fav of mine. Tanagaki. Now, I know what you're thinking, but hear me out. I think I've seen maybe four fics with this pairing in it and I've written one of them, but it's just as plausible as any other pairing, like Renai or JunAi or even KohafreakinGaki. There's not a lot of TanaGaki moments IRL either, but just when I think maybe I should give up on the pairing, I find a video of them goofing off together and bam! My interest is back up.

There's a plethora of Takagaki and Gakikame and Tanakame and Kameshige, but where's more love for the rarer pairings? I think maybe we need to issue a challenge, if anyone wants to come up with rare Momusu pairings with a challenge word, I would be happy to participate.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »
^ Haha, I think my first ever fix here years ago was Tanagaki centered, but like all my other stuff it never got near finished.

I've tried toying with the idea of unlikely pairings in the past but I guess because they are a bit weird they never pick up much interest, Another one I had going was JunMiki which I haven't seen anyone else do but yah, wasn't too much interest.

I'd be up for seeing some unique pairings though so I for one encourage you to do it!

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2009, 04:45:16 AM »
Another one I had going was JunMiki which I haven't seen anyone else do but yah, wasn't too much interest.
*raises hand* XD It was a bit small but... hey, JFC coined me for creating that, although it is not one I claim. :P ReinAi......... I do *ducks multitude of bricks thrown at him*

Us poor ReinAi fans... what are we to do? Essy dear, you must only think you write 3/4 of them because of all your one-shots :P Which is something I just don't do for whatever reason... What I would do... if I was starving for ReinAi... is just reread Odyssey over and over >.>; But I may be a little biased.

I actually find it a bit fascinating I'm not writing ReinAi lately really. I think it was because it felt like I was writing too much of it? Lol. Felt like I should be doing other things. But then I get people like Essy and peti-chan throwing bricks at me. -.-; What am I to doooo?! I'd say I'd write a new pure ReinAi fic, but I just started another new one I had no business doing. What I should really just do is one-shots... hmm.... :huhuh I dunno :P

As for rndm's TanaGaki, I don't deny it might be hot, mostly since Reina is involved, but honestly... I think my problem with it... is just that I don't really like Gaki. XD Although she is fun to write in fics sometimes. I remember when I started playing with her in Curse of the Dragons, she was one of my more enjoyable characters...

Weird.

As far as unusual pairings go, you all should know I'm all for that. In my opinion so far nothing beats Reina/Chisato. XD (except perhaps Yuko/MaiMai... which if you haven't been around enough, yes, did happen...)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 07:27:13 AM by rokun »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2009, 04:58:07 AM »
Another one I had going was JunMiki which I haven't seen anyone else do but yah, wasn't too much interest.
*raises hand* XD It was a bit small but... hey, JFC coined me for creating that, although it is not one I claim. :P
I did? I suck at remembering. :lol:

And just for the record, I usually personally refer to/identify pairings via seniority; hence I'll say "AiJun" when most others will say "JunAi".

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2009, 05:16:09 AM »
Actually, now that I look, I don't think you did. :lol: I did write it that once though, and perhaps I should expand it some more.

And... omg you are still here! I KNEW it! You're just hiding. >.>

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 07:44:59 AM »
@peti-chan: Aww poor you. Now I feel slightly luckier that I know other languages in which to read more MM fics. ^^;

@rndmn: I think I might have seen some Tanagaki fics in Chinese, not many though. Just a spot or two at the very most. Chinese fandom is overwhelmingly Takagaki, Tanakame, GAM, and Ishiyoshi. Lol. There are assorted other pairings of course, but the trend is definitely towards those 4 pairings I mentioned. Japanese fanfic trends towards the old generation, although there is a growing percentage of "new gen" fics, but like I said, most of it still goes towards "orthodox" pairings. Oh well. XD

rokun! There you are! :D I knew bricking you would get your attention, and the only reason why I don't reread Odyssey over and over again is because its too painful for light reading (you know what I mean :P). And I agree with you, we just don't like Gaki as much, but she can be fun to write...>_>; *avoids Gaki fans like the plague*

Unusual pairings hmm...I'm so Ai-centric that I can only see around her (just kidding...or not), but I would like a Maki/Ai (which I have written...or rather, implied). Oh and oddly enough I want a Rika/Ai as well. Blame a rewatching of Ribbon no Kishi the other day. :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 08:53:18 AM »
Quote from: rokun
I think my problem with it... is just that I don't really like Gaki.
Quote from: Essy-sama
And I agree with you, we just don't like Gaki as much,

:doh: Two of the best writers don't like my second fav? Guess I'm shit outta luck on requesting any Gaki pairing fics, huh? :lol: That's okay, I don't really like Reina that much, though she is my #3. Doesn't say much on my opinions on the other girls.

I think I like Gaki cause she always seems like she's riding that fine line between excitable and on crack and the image of her smoking a pipe and popping pills just amuses me to no end, for some odd reason.

Hmm, I think I feel inspired...

Offline peti-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ai-chan oriented XD
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 07:50:09 PM »
Yeah... I have the same problem as rokun and Estrea :sweatdrop: can't help it...wonder if it's actually something that all of us RenAi lovers suffer from :lol:

But anyway, as for the unusual pairings Maki/Ai sounds definitely good XD and also Miki/Reina anyone? :lol:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »
Ok another rant from me...these seem to be more frequent than usual eh?

I've been seriously discouraged about my writing lately. The quality is still kind of there, but I can always do better (when do I not say that? actually when I stop saying that, I'm in trouble, so let's hope I never stop saying it). People tell me they really like it, but recently I've been questioning myself about that.

Do I write because I like to write, or because I just wanted to hear the compliments? Let's be honest now, comments, especially nice ones, are always very flattering. It's always nice to receive comments, and god knows that I love them. People who chat to me on IM might have noticed that. But yeah, this concerns me. I don't want to write just for the praise. It's...not ethical somehow. It feels cheap. I don't like the feeling. It makes me feel like I'm disgracing what it means to be a writer.

I've been thinking about it all day, and this really bothers me. I don't want to be something I don't like to be. I know I enjoy the comments, but I feel the need the question my own motivations. I shouldn't be writing because of praise, and really, I need more criticism if nothing else. It's making me very discouraged about this whole fanfic business. I feel like I'm doing nothing with myself in the end, even though technically I'm practicing a lot about writing. Not enough, but it's there.

Sigh. I don't have any faith in myself. Maybe I should just quit and never come back. :/

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »
*grabs estra by the shoulders and shakes her* GIRL YOU'RE CRAZY!
i understand what you mean but at the same time think about it. it's pretty much human nature for us to want to get praise.if we didnt alot of people wouldnt be motivated. i could be wrong but that's what i think. plus i'm truely envious of your writing, and it's honestly true. my writing is an extreame epic fail even if it's cus of my newbie-ness of writing, but dont let that get you down. dont doubt yourself to much and put urself down cus that isnt good and also....
DONT U DARE EVER QUIT AND LEAVE!!!
where will my love of a playa ai go? XD
*finaly stops shaking her*
sorry about that^^;
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2009, 10:41:29 PM »
Ok another rant from me...these seem to be more frequent than usual eh?

I've been seriously discouraged about my writing lately. The quality is still kind of there, but I can always do better (when do I not say that? actually when I stop saying that, I'm in trouble, so let's hope I never stop saying it). People tell me they really like it, but recently I've been questioning myself about that.

Do I write because I like to write, or because I just wanted to hear the compliments? Let's be honest now, comments, especially nice ones, are always very flattering. It's always nice to receive comments, and god knows that I love them. People who chat to me on IM might have noticed that. But yeah, this concerns me. I don't want to write just for the praise. It's...not ethical somehow. It feels cheap. I don't like the feeling. It makes me feel like I'm disgracing what it means to be a writer.

I've been thinking about it all day, and this really bothers me. I don't want to be something I don't like to be. I know I enjoy the comments, but I feel the need the question my own motivations. I shouldn't be writing because of praise, and really, I need more criticism if nothing else. It's making me very discouraged about this whole fanfic business. I feel like I'm doing nothing with myself in the end, even though technically I'm practicing a lot about writing. Not enough, but it's there.

Sigh. I don't have any faith in myself. Maybe I should just quit and never come back. :/

kawaii got to it before i did lol, IMO I think you should not force yourself to write, as a reader i have learned to be patient about people's fics, because it is not worth any time to force one out.  Maybe you just need to brew your ideas together and rest my mind.  Praise is a great thing and I feel indifferent about it, it helps motivation but I always want more in the end which is sort of greedy of me.  I would step back from the writing for a while to control the emotions you have right now, when you feel ready go back and open a new page so you don't look at the previous writing.

I hope you don't leave it all together b/c you are part of a foundation for all of the present and new writers to stand on, without it we can't see the bench marks we need to aim for
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2009, 11:36:08 PM »

Who exactly decides what it is to be a writer? If you write for comments then so what? Everyone writes for their own reasons and so who's to judge you if this is yours? I'm not saying it is but hell, if it bothers people that much that that's what you're after then I'm sure they'll stop commenting, that's one easy way to find out.

It would be stupid to say that comments don't mean anything becase like you say, they're always nice to get, but why worry about it if you don't get them? I can't really explain very well because I haven't got much of an idea why I write myself...because I can? If it was for comments then I probably wouldn't be happy with my current track record but it really shouldn't bother you.

I'll be hoenst and say I'm only just about to go looking around in this seciton of the forum for a very long time and I don't know whether you're int he middle of a story while debating this or you feel like starting one or whatever else it may be. Why did you get thinking about this?

If getting praise is your biggest worry then you should be happy, though I can see where you're ocming from, I myself much prefer getting criticism. It's difficult to understand exactly what a reader is thinking if they simply say that they're enjoying something but when they criticise parts of it then it's usually much easier for them to go into depth and tell you why exactly they felt that way and it's much more beneficial. Nobody is a perfect writer and nobody is ever going to be, that's because different people like different things.

That would be stupid.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2009, 07:33:17 AM »
Thanks for the support (?) guys, I appreciate it.

Who exactly decides what it is to be a writer? If you write for comments then so what? Everyone writes for their own reasons and so who's to judge you if this is yours? I'm not saying it is but hell, if it bothers people that much that that's what you're after then I'm sure they'll stop commenting, that's one easy way to find out.

I don't intend to define what it means to be a writer for everyone, just for myself. I guess I didn't say it very well there. I'm trying to hold myself to somewhat higher standards, but the problem is that, well, I'm still an "amateur" in everything that counts, so pooh to that. And as you read on, of course you realize that it's not a lack of comments I get, it's the lack of thinking comments that give me useful input, but I always appreciate reaction comments as it does help me gauge whether I achieved my intended effect with the writing.

I'll be hoenst and say I'm only just about to go looking around in this seciton of the forum for a very long time and I don't know whether you're int he middle of a story while debating this or you feel like starting one or whatever else it may be. Why did you get thinking about this?

Well, since you don't seem to know, I have been writing for a while here and have several as yet unfinished stories. The reason why I was thinking about it because I was doing some self-examination on my own personality (something that most people don't do consciously enough, or if they do, they don't do it often enough, me included) and I was concerned about getting complacent about this whole business. I've had bad episodes in the past where I got too smug about things, and it always turned out badly, so I rather not get too arrogant about any kind of ability I might have in writing, because it would impede progress in that area. However, I'm rather bad at finding a balance between pride and hubris, I guess. I just don't want to get ahead of myself, and I don't expect people to understand it. It's part of my own personal battle with my own ego.

That would be stupid.

Of course it would be stupid, I wasn't very rational when I wrote it. But I thank you for your candor.

I guess this is just one of those moods I get. I don't know if I'll ever find an answer to all the questions I have, but I certainly am going to try. Doesn't help that most people don't take what I'm doing as seriously as I do. By all means though, have fun with the writing. I'm just in that minority who suffers doing something they like. Big deal. The world has better things to do than care.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2009, 03:29:48 PM »
Gomen ne, Essy...I saw your thing (not away message...idk what it's called lol) on AIM yesterday and I wanted to talk to you but I was kinda stuck in my own little emo rut. :nervous
I think you should keep trying...I mean, you know how writing can be a good release. I also know that you have that "worry" about getting too...cocky, if you will. Now, I'm not going to pretend that I know you any better than I do but please Essy, ganbatte.
Do it for...anyone or anything. Just try.

And yeah...lame attempt at consolation. :sweatdrop: *disappears back to her APUSH book*

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2009, 07:02:32 AM »
Wow, the one time I don't check this forum for 24 hours or so...

Well Essy, I know you have your own standards when it comes to your writing, and I think I can see where you are coming from... But I guess the way I look at it is... going back to your question, why do you write? Why does anyone write? It's always good to love to write, because if you don't love what you do, I don't think you can do it very long. There's gotta be something else though. You're wondering if you write for the comments... or in other words, the praise. Even if you're the best writer in the world, what's wrong with that? After all, what is good writing worth if it's not enjoyed?

We actually put so much effort into writing here, but we basically get nothing for it. People have to be rewarded for what they do, or they'll feel like it isn't worth anything, and no matter how talented you might be, it's still true. Talent is what gets you writing in the first place... the reward is what keeps it going. We don't get paid here (even though most of us are silly for that considering the amount of work we put into most of these things), but the rewards we do get are the comments... the praise... that people like what we do - that it affects someone outside ourselves. I've always said that I write for myself and because I enjoy it, but the comments make me feel part of something too. So I guess... If you write for comments? So you want it to mean something to someone. It just shows you're human. :)

Apart from all this, people still have other reasons for writing. Chaucer may have begun writing in English because people commissioned him to do so, but it allowed him to express how he saw people of the day. Edgar Allen Poe's story is even more well-known - he wrote because he had no outlet for all his complicated feelings, a lot of which were dark, and there are countless writers who have done the same. If we have some small talent for it, writing is our outlet for expressing those thoughts and emotions... something which we may not be able to do otherwise... something that may make us feel isolated from everyone else. I read a great article in my school newspaper over the summer about how "to write is to be alone". People can't understand what it takes to get us to write... and yet writing is also our way of relating to others. It's our refuge in a way. What's wrong with seeing that connection come to fruition in something as small as a short comment of praise? Or cold hard cash... they're both expressions of people appreciating what you do.

What does all this mean? It shows we're human... and it reflects how we need one another as well. I know I wouldn't have likely met you all except for my writing, and yours... It surely means something different to everyone, but I'm happy how it turned out, and it makes me feel welcome and comfortable. If that's the reason why I keep writing and keep reading everyone's comments... then I don't mind it at all.

Okay... done rambling >.>;

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 06:07:45 PM »
Hm it's been a while since this rant hole has been used for anything.

Guess I might as well put it to use, since, well, I have a problem.

Writing just isn't so fun anymore.

Well. I love to think of new ideas, of telling stories in my head and word craft. But I don't want to share any more. It's too tiring to balance with work and all my other commitments. I have a ton of ideas, some of which I want to follow up on, but some will probably never ever see light of day. Yet even with those I want to follow up on, when I want to write, either something interrupts me (gah, responsibility sucks), or I pause and go "why would anyone care?".

The first is inevitable. Work is a necessary evil, and it's the only thing keeping me alive and sane, sadly. I've turned into a workaholic to avoid getting depressed. Lol.

The second though, seems to go a great deal deeper. Let's face it, I'm not very good with finishing stories. I have a ton of unfinished stories out there, as anyone who has been around the fanfic section for the past couple of years probably knows. The only thing I've officially completed is Nanchatte Renai, and it's still my favorite baby that actually grew up, even though it makes me sad when I reread it. And oddly accomplished, since it's over for good. Lol.

But with all my unfinished stuff, I feel like I should get back to them, but they all seem so lacking. I've changed in the time I've been away from those stories, and the perspectives and themes I've held for them when I began writing are now...not the same. Going back feels different, and may change the direction of the stories entirely. Which I could reasonably still do and retcon away, but the whole business just tires me out.

I guess it's because I've lost a support group in the whole fanfic business here. Writing is less fun without a sounding board, especially with the fun stuff and crack. The best crack I've ever written was spawned out of crazy convos with equally nutty people at ungodly hours that sends my brain on overdrive. Shared excitement makes the whole experience more entertaining, and it's a genuine source of motivation. It's hard to come up with perfectly insane and hilariously funny things on a consistent basis unless you're just crazy like that, or on a phase (or on drugs, who knows). Inspiration comes from life and living. And living usually means other people.

I don't really have that anymore. My usual group moved on. Of course, they're growing up and/or getting more involved with either real life or other fandoms. I feel like I'm trapped on a sinking ship and it just feels so hard trying to bail all the water out. And then there's a new ship with new crew out there. Not my generation anymore, for sure. I feel oddly out of place, an antique in a changing fandom that doesn't need an emo who doesn't update regularly. So even if I have something new, something I genuinely like, I don't feel the motivation to post. I feel kinda silly getting excited about something, but everyone around me is like "oh, you're still at it?" and just making me feel weirdly trivial. Comments are nice and all, but I miss my old dynamic relationships with a few close confidants.

I feel like I'm missing something when I don't write. けど、それでいいかも。

だって、所詮中に何が壊れているだもん。

And now I return to my usual mode of silence. Please ignore.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:14:46 PM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2011, 06:41:51 PM »
^ I can understand you with writing. With work maybe a little, all I have to do is look at my mom and see how much work runs her into the ground to the point that she's barely home to see my sisters and I. But as for writing, I know how it can be hard to do when you have to do important things first. Then as you continue with work it just changes you. It seems to me as if it takes away the kid in someone and the creativity. I feel like that's happening with me in college which is why I'm starting to hate it.

I know how it's even harder to want to write because the people who were your motivation to write and make fun or crazy ideas are either going away, changing, or just not as interested anymore. I've made a few ideas myself by talking with a friend of mine in IM and it made me feel happy and excited to write any fic. Now, she's taken away from work, is no longer into MM, and that makes me kind of sad that we can't have those fun and crazy thoughts. Especially since she was the only one to talk to about KameShige related ideas. Since there aren't many people for me who like that pairing.

I think you shouldn't give up and try to find other ways to help make fanfic writing fun when you get the time to of course. I know you'll feel misplaced with new people, but just give it some time to warm up to them and know them more. And I know that change is a scary thing. I personally don't like it, but I'm trying to get used to change because as an artist if there weren't no change then art would be how it is today. A media with endless forms that gives an artist so much room and materials to mess with. I don't know if it is the same for writing, but I find that writing is like art just in word form.

I know it's tough, but you shouldn't give up on a fic. Just write it down to get it out of your head and go over it when you feel like it. Don't even think about who will like it or who will care. Just get the picture out of your head. I guess you can see this is like free-writing, where a person just writes and doesn't even think about their thoughts they just put it on paper.

I hope this helps. ^^; I'm not good with advice, but I try. And I wouldn't mind talking with you on ideas just for fun.

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »
sounds like a case of burnout. In any case, life is really more than working and the internet (like I'm one to talk).

Waning interest in a fandom is something we've all experienced- it doesn't mean we love it any less, we just end up being less involved in it. It doesn't sound like you want to stop writing, though. If you did, you wouldn't have even bothered to rant here.

At least you have identified what you feel you miss, or lack to write. Seems like the solution is clear- you just have to gather what you need and make it happen. Writing should be fun, Essy. It should be fun for yourself. Who cares that you have a million unfinished stories you feel lacking. Fanfic is your expression of love for the fandom and a generous dose of self-indulgence. Do whatsoever you wish, take however long you want. Who cares if 15th-gen auditions for MM comes along?  Freeze this moment in time, disregard relevance and context and just write what you love best.

Move on only on your own terms. Come on, realistically, we all can't be 30-somethings and still fangirling the same thing we used to a decade ago. So, as long as you still love it- don't miss the chance to show your love for it in your own way.

If your way is to lurk and imagine stories in your head, so be it. If you want to keep starting new threads, with new stories and not finish them, that's perfectly fine. If you want to delete every story you've ever written to start afresh, let me know first so I can save 'em somewhere on my harddrive.

Do whatever you want to and damn the consequences.

(By the way, I attempted to read it away in the metaphorical sense you meant for it to have been read, but to no avail: did you just refer to yourself as an antique in my 28-year-old presence?)

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 11:43:28 PM »
Essy, the best thing is to take a deep breath, because that is all what you can do, step away and just let everything spill out.  I think taking a break would be essential for many of us.  You are an incredible writer and sometimes you just have to soak in some things and maybe do something different.  You should determine what is the next move and just go with it, many will still be waiting, for your writing and even if you don't at least get the newbies to see your work because you may not teach but give them insight.  Just be calm and let every thing flow
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - She Is Back