JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Straightener - Fragile Silencer

Author Topic: The Heavy Metal Thread!!! \,,/  (Read 82586 times)

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Heavy Metal Thread!!! \,,/
« Reply #360 on: November 02, 2012, 03:00:57 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #361 on: November 03, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »
The Sword's new album Apocryphon is pretty sick. Doesn't stray too far off the path of what they've done before but then why would they want to change it up when they make some awesome songs like this?

If you told me this was unreleased material from Black Sabbath, I wouldn't find it hard to believe you.

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #362 on: November 24, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #363 on: November 30, 2012, 12:11:56 AM »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #364 on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:42 PM »
This used to be one of my fav bands, but I had completely forgotten about them:

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #365 on: December 12, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #366 on: December 13, 2012, 11:32:52 PM »

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #367 on: January 09, 2013, 08:03:14 PM »

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #368 on: January 10, 2013, 08:56:36 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #369 on: January 25, 2013, 11:09:42 PM »
New Killswitch Engage album 'Disarm the Descent' is coming out 02-04-2013. Which got me stupidly excited thinking it was out in a few weeks but then you Yanks love your MM/DD format. *sigh* So a bit longer to wait and teasers like these make the wait all the harder.

I'm so fucking excited. I'm loving what I'm hearing already. Jesse is now one of my favourite vocalists ever and Alive or Just Breathing, being one of my favourite albums. To hear him back with Adam D (aside from the excellent Times of Grace side project) and the rest of the band is gonna be awesome.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #370 on: January 31, 2013, 10:35:47 PM »
And it's off to a screamer! The first single "In Due Time" has got traces of all you know and love about KSE. The lyrics move away from Howard's relationship issues, thankfully.

Fucking idiot fans in the comments section comparing Jesse and Howard again. :banghead: I think what I like so much about Jesse singing in KSE, is that the harmonies between him and Adam D go along really well together. With Jesse's voice stronger than ever, both for clean and harsh vocals, it shows that off even stronger. It'll take a lot to top or even equal the quality of Alive or Just Breathing, and I'm not saying this will. But then it doesn't have to. But after hearing this and "No End In Sight", the signs are looking good for a kickass album :rockon:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #371 on: February 06, 2013, 09:58:26 AM »
   :rockon: :guitar: :rockon: :guitar:

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2013, 07:00:59 PM »

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2013, 03:16:41 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #374 on: March 29, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »
Having listened to all of Disarm The Descent a few times now I gotta say I love it. It sounds like it would be a direct follow up to Alive or Just Breathing and it's a welcome return to Killswitch Engage's heavier sound when compared to their last self titled record. Jesse's voice sounds as brutal as ever and has more range and the music is just what you expect between brutal and melodic. Love it.

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #375 on: April 08, 2013, 08:08:31 PM »

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #376 on: April 09, 2013, 01:19:09 PM »

Atmospheric bm from Australia. Trve kvlt stuff.

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #377 on: May 03, 2013, 01:50:39 AM »
Jeff Hanneman has died. :(

Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.
Slayer Guitarist Jeff Hanneman Dead at 49

Just over two years after contracting a rare skin tissue disease, Slayer guitarist and songwriter Jeff Hanneman died on Thursday from liver failure at a hospital near his home in Southern California's Inland Empire area.

Slayer made the news public on Thursday afternoon, announcing that the band "is devastated" and calling Hanneman, who was 49, their bandmate and brother. Twitter quickly filled with messages from fans and fellow musicians, many of whom were in Los Angeles for the 5th Annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards show at Club Nokia. Disturbed/Device frontman David Draiman was among the very first, posting "RIP TO A TITAN OF METAL," while drummer Mike Portnoy wrote, "WOW...I'm in shock...RIP Jeff Hanneman."

Hanneman has been off the road since early 2011, when he contracted necrotizing fasciitis -- most likely from a spider bite -- a quick-progressing disease that literally eats away at the flesh from deep layers of skin and tissue. Exodus' Gary Holt stood in for Hanneman starting in February of 2011, while Pat O'Brien joined the band when Holt returned to Exodus during 2011.

It's not known what role the disease played in Hanneman's liver failure.

Throughout the ordeal, Hanneman's bandmates expressed optimism that he would one day return to the group full-time. Bassist-singer Tom Araya told Billboard during last year's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival tour that Hanneman was "free of the disease" and was "working on his playing ability...He's working on strengthening his arm and his ability to play." He predicted that Slayer would "probably get together and start writing together and start making a new album," the group's first since 2009's "World Painted Blood," with Hanneman contributing material.

But in February guitarist Kerry King told Australian press that "we don't know when Jeff's gonna be able to play guitar. Jeff's kind of like a wait-and-see thing."

Born in Oakland, Calif., and a devoted Raiders fan, Hanneman was raised primarily in Long Beach and became fascinated with wars and military campaigns -- themes he'd bring to Slayer's music -- via his father, a World War II veteran, and brothers who served in Vietnam. He met King in 1981 and decided to form their own band, mixing heavy metal and punk influences and signing with Metal Blade Records for Slayer's first two albums, "Show No Mercy" in 1983 and "Hell Awaits" in 1985. The group made an eyebrow-raising move to the hip-hop label Def Jam in 1986 for the covers album "Undisputed Attitude and the classic "Reign in Blood."

Slayer has released seven more studio albums and two live albums, as well as a pair of EPs. They've sold 4.9 million albums in the SoundScan era (1991-present), with the classics "Reign in Blood" (1986), "South of Heaven" (1988) and "Seasons of the Abyss" (1990) accounting for over 2 million of that tally. Ten of their albums have charted on the Billboard 200, with 2006's "Christ Illusion" being the highest debut at No. 5.

Hanneman, an ardent collector of World War II memorabilia, was at the center of the controversy over Slayer's supposed Nazi sympathies, stemming from the resemblance of the group's eagle logo to a Third Reich image and the shape of the S in the group's typography, and from songs such as "Reign in Blood's" "Angel of Death," about German doctor Josef Mengele and his horrific "experiments" at the Auschwitz death camp. But Hanneman frequently explained that the song was in no way intended to glorify Mengele. "I know why people misrepresent it," he told one radio interviewer. "It's because they get a knee-jerk reaction to it. There's nothing I put in the lyrics that says necessarily he was a bad man because to me -- well, isn't it obvious? I shouldn't have to tell you that."

Hanneman's songs have been recorded by groups such as Hatebreed, Children of Bodom, Hellsongs, Cradle of Filth and others, and sampled by rapper Styles-P. He's survived by Kathy, his wife of 16 years, sister Kathy and two brothers, Michael and Larry. Funeral arrangements are pending.

One of my guitar heroes is gone. RIP Jeff. The sky is turning red...

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #378 on: May 03, 2013, 09:18:17 AM »
A very sad day indeed  :(

R.I.P Jeff.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:45:29 AM by SomethingWild »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #379 on: May 08, 2013, 10:31:36 PM »
In more distressing news, Tim Lambesis (As I Lay Dying frontman) was arrested on the charge of solicitation of hiring a hitman to kill his wife. Absolutely fucking mental if true. Seemed like a really nice guy. Always innocent until proven guilty so here's hoping more clarification comes out of this. AILD is one of my favourite bands too. Horrible news to wake up to. Makes me wonder if I can ever separate this with his music. I mean, rockstars engage in a bunch of stuff I'm objectable to yet still like regardless, but murder, or solicitation to commit one? That's a whole new plateau that I wasn't prepared for.

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Straightener - Fragile Silencer