JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gheee - Beautiful Stungun

Author Topic: Morning Musume new album Rainbow7 + Photobook  (Read 39582 times)

Offline Linus

• Member+
Morning Musume new album Rainbow7 + Photobook
« on: November 29, 2005, 03:29:57 PM »
MORNING MUSUME 7TH ALBUM
RAINBOW7

Limited Press code: EPCE-5387
Limited Press price: 3.360Y
PHOTOBOOK included.
BONUS A TRACK included.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1421202

Normal Press code: EPCE 5388
Normal Press price: 3.059Y
BONUS B TRACK included.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1421099

Morning Musume new album Rainbow7 will include a 32 pages photobook in the first press. And this isn't all! Each edition, the first press and the normal press, will have a different bonus track. A marketing strategy to attract more sales that have been already used in the US and recently in both Avex and Johnny's labels; but is it attractive for the fans?

I had an idea.. "7th Heaven". It looks more polished than Rainbow 7, that looks like a summer shuffle xD

Now that the name appeal is lost… What about the cover? A picture of whatever (a street, an avenue) or even a clean cover with Momusu’s new logo (the one in the scarves for H!P 06Winter tour) would be more appealing than, what I’m guessing the cover will be, each momusu with a rainbow color. Since there are more momusus than rainbow colors (yes, it’s a fact) they’ll probably degrade color tones ‘till having 10 color tones.

And the tracklist! 4 singles are included: The Manpower, Osaka Koi no Uta, Iroppoi Jirettai, and Chokkan2.

Offline Vikitty

• Member+
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 03:37:21 PM »
MoMusu's 5-6th albums had posters so hopefully they'll continue that tradition.

None of the past singles have impressed me so I could care less what goes on. For me, it's all about the album tracks and who sings lead in them. Ai no Dai6Kan was a Risa and Reina heavy album, which rules. I have a feeling they'll let Miracle Girl "shine" in this album but who knows.

I enjoy the split songs. Well, I enjoyed Haru no Uta.  :jerk:

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 03:46:07 PM »
On other boards people have speculated about the possibility of a 29th single before the album. Close-to-cd singles releases haven’t worked out (Kurenai no Kisetsu / Suite Number One). Also, bad releses before a single have had bad influences (Namida / Ai no Dai 6 Kan). Chokkan2 sales are bad (50K), and it could have influence again like happened with Namida. That's why people wants a 29th single, of course, if the single can be a hit like Iroppoi, capable to attract new people to the album. Anyway, it looks improbable, because between the latest EPCE-XXXX released (Chokkan2 DVD) and Rainbow7 code, there are only EPCE-5384 and EPCE-5386 release-less numbers. A single should have three codes (First Press, Normal Press, Single V). There's no space, apparently.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
Rainbow 7 is a great name :D

Obviously inspired by Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six books :D Morning Musume goes war against terror! :D
coot is ctz

Offline Ame

• Tsunku's real wife
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »
Rainbow 7 makes me think about the Shuffle group Happy 7.  :)
I cant wait for the new album, I just hope it doesnt include a JKM3 song. That would kill it. No more remakes of previous songs!

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 05:42:40 PM »
Why should i care or speculate about the album's name, the cover, the track-listing and what extras it will come with ???  :?

Since anyway, i already know that i'm going to buy it...  :roll:

yep, i'm a >fanboy!<   :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 06:47:51 PM »
Whoa, a new album, so soon?? O_O ...Am I the only one who thought "so soon?!?" :lol:

I expect enjoyable vocals like especially Risa's were in the 6th album. I hope for songs that I could use in my performance fantasies because I listen to that kind of songs the most and I want to listen to Morning Musume. I hope the 7th album will sell more than 6th one. I realize this is the first album since Kaori, Mari and Rika have left Morning Musume. I hope there won't be remakes. I know that Miki is sexy.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 07:04:06 PM »
ya really who cares about the cover or anything of the album, I don't feel embarrass to buy MM's mechandize because I'm just a bit older than all of them (except Koharu) and I can buy them online.

Ai no Dai 6 Kan didn't disappointed me, in fact I kind of like how they put certain members as the focus on the album. This really highlights other members that aren't much show up in the singles and make sure we can see how much they have change through the years.

Quote from: ctz
Rainbow 7 is a great name :D
Obviously inspired by Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six books :D Morning Musume goes war against terror! :D

yup yup, first thought came to my mind is Rainbow 6.
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 07:27:25 PM »
Quote from: JTRIX
ya really who cares about the cover or anything of the album

Everyone who has "left" the fanbase in the recent years because of the details that made MM not much appreciated in the society :P It’s important to keep in mind these kind of things because on them depends the future or not-future of the current member. What you do today will be for what people will remember you tomorrow.  :wink:

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Rainbow 7. New Morning Musume album. Drops 02.15.06
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 07:41:06 PM »
Quote from: ShaoranLi

Now that the name appeal is lost… What about the cover? A picture of whatever (a street, an avenue) or even a clean cover with Momusu’s new logo (the one in the scarves for H!P 06Winter tour) would be more appealing than, what I’m guessing the cover will be, each momusu with a rainbow color. Since there are more momusus than rainbow colors (yes, it’s a fact) they’ll probably degrade color tones ‘till having 10 color tones.

I imagine they'll add White, Black, and Pink to our lovable Roy G. Biv instead.  This makes me think of the flowers from the irojire outfits, was Tsunku foreshadowing things to come!?   :lol:

Personally, I'd rather see them include the B-sides and round out the tracklist with a few very good songs, but this seems extremely unlikely.  I'd also like atleast one disco-inspired song that goes back to momusu's roots.  I'd buy the album just for that  :lol:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 08:26:25 PM »
And the tracklist! 4 singles should be included: The Manpower, Osaka Koi no Uta, Iroppoi Jirettai, and Chokkan2. A fifth song could be JKM3, just for Koharu’s sake.

I can see Irropoi Jirettai and Chokkan 2 being part of it, but not The Manpower or Osaka Koi no Uta.  Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else noticed that the albums seem to be partially generation-based?  For example, the 6th album has all songs that were written/recorded AFTER the 6th Gen joined the group.  The 5th album, similarly, has all songs that were written/recorded after the 5th Gen joined.  It's almost like Tsunku is timing them so that each new generation "gets" an album.  It's probably just coincidence, and/or I'm just totally off my rocker, but it's just something that I noticed.

I must admit I find it surprising that another album is coming out so soon after the last one.  How long was the break between the 5th and 6th albums?  Something like a couple of years?

Then again, does it really matter?  It's MM goodness!!!  :D  :D  :D

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 08:44:31 PM »
Quote from: TheQuickening
I must admit I find it surprising that another album is coming out so soon after the last one.  How long was the break between the 5th and 6th albums?  Something like a couple of years?

1 year and some months, actually. :p

1998-07-08 First Time
1999-07-28 Second Morning
2000-03-29 Love Paradise
2001-01-31 Best! Morning Musume. 1
2002-03-27 4th Ikimasshoi!
2003-03-26 No.5
2004-03-31 Best! Morning Musume. 2
2004-12-08 Ai no Dai 6kan

I was expecting the 7th album after a fifth single to come out this winter. It seems that they wanted to advance the album to the winter. Anyway, 2005 will have seen no Morning Musume album. All because of Namida. Seriously, this song shouldn't have existed and Ai no Dai 6 Kan will have done better after JKM ^^

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 09:25:54 PM »
All because of Namida. Seriously, this song shouldn't have existed and Ai no Dai 6 Kan will have done better after JKM ^^

ok what's wrong with Namida???
ok it is true that they didn't put the best MM singers to sing this song, instead they put in KonKon and Sayu. But come'on, I felt that KonKon and Sayu put their best to this song and they sang well.
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 10:04:35 PM »
Quote from: JTRIX
All because of Namida. Seriously, this song shouldn't have existed and Ai no Dai 6 Kan will have done better after JKM ^^

ok what's wrong with Namida???
ok it is true that they didn't put the best MM singers to sing this song, instead they put in KonKon and Sayu. But come'on, I felt that KonKon and Sayu put their best to this song and they sang well.

Everything was wrong with Namida.  :roll:

Anyways...

Rainbow 7, it's not bad it's not good. It's still better than No.5.  :roll:

About the gap between the 5th and 6th album, that was because a best of album was released between them. The same thing happened when Best 1 was released. If you include the Best albums they would have released an album every year.

Well, since I really liked The Manpower and Iroppoi Jirettai (indefferent about Osaka), I'm just hoping for some good album songs. I hope they don't put Chokkan 2 in there cause that just seems like a load of crap to have the same song on three seperete releases in a little over a year. There'll most likely be some songs that use "sub-groups" since that seems to be a trend with the albums.  It could be good or bad, depends on how the songs are really. They'll probably put Koharu in the front of atleast one song. All in all, I just want good music.

I don't know what to expect of the album cover since none of them really went along with the title of the album.

And as JB said, I WANT A DAMN DISCO-ISH SONG!!!  :evil:
But I'd rather have it as a single  :D
If they do release a single before the album, it better be disco-ish. They'll make both me and JB happy.  :wink:

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 10:42:44 PM »
It wasn't Konno or Sayu, it was the song itself. Namida aside, I also expect a disco-ish feeling song. It's a little difficult because Tsunku has been writting in a minor key lately, while disco-ish-able-sounding songs are mostly in major key. For an arrenger it souldn't be difficult. Disco sounds can be combined together very easy and good.

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 11:51:04 PM »
I think Chokan didn't do so hot mainly because it was another "remake" remakes suck...especially when a song was originally good.  Now it's just too much, and it's rather annoying.  I'd hope for another single before the album to possibly boost popularity but who knows.  Rainbow 7 DOES sound like a shuffle group though...but who cares, it's just a name...  4th Ikimasshoi was still the best...at EVERYTHING.  The end.

-Maki

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 04:36:32 PM »
Quote from: StreakInTheSky
About the gap between the 5th and 6th album, that was because a best of album was released between them. The same thing happened when Best 1 was released. If you include the Best albums they would have released an album every year.

Oh right, I totally forgot about the 2 "BEST" albums.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 12:15:51 AM »
First post updated with more details  :bounce:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 05:16:33 AM »
GODDAMN CHOKKAN 2!!!!!  :evil:  :x

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 09:16:41 AM »
I wouldn't mind having the PB :o

>_>

<_<

When was this thing released again...........
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gheee - Beautiful Stungun