JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Time Slip

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238560 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #780 on: April 30, 2012, 06:36:16 AM »
^Nishikido is great. dunno why I've liked every drama I've watched him in... :oops:
I checked out ep02 last night. The episode is basically about how he thinks up a plan to eat with Yuka's family without being bombarded with fans. Ends up getting really crazy. :lol:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #781 on: April 30, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »
^then you must have enjoyed Zenkai Girl  XD

Since Amp sorta persuaded me, I'm checking out W no Higeki ep01 as the subs are out.  He tells me Ayame Gouriki makes an appearance. 

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #782 on: May 01, 2012, 04:17:07 AM »
i've just watched 1st ep of mirai nikki..and i liked it..my fav type of dorama..and gouriki ayame is so cute..

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #783 on: May 01, 2012, 07:09:41 AM »
^then you must have enjoyed Zenkai Girl  XD

Checking wiki on what I've watched, he should win some awards or something with all the great stuff he's been in. :panic:
1 Litre no Namida, Attention Please, Last Friends, Ryusei no Kizuna, Orthros no Inu, Joker - Yurusarezaru Sosakan, Zenkai Girl

Watched Mirai Kikki ep02, it's pretty safe to say now the storyline is totally different from the anime/manga with only the basic theme. So nobody knows how this'll end up.
Dunno if differences like everyone having the basic "see your own future" diary, except Yuno (they all had different types of diaries in the other version) and less contestants will make it less interesting, most of the players have shown up already.
On the other hand, it would've been impossible to do the same scale as the anime/manga. Having an original storyline might be just as interesting.

Really enjoyed W no Higeki's ep01. Great pacing, interesting theme. And it'll be a challenge on Takei Emi's acting. Can already see how it'll be like Pandora and keep building up tension.
I'm putting it on top of my list. :D

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #784 on: May 02, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »
Finally finished Zenkai Girl, not the best show any of the cast has been in, they all seemed to do fine but whoever wrote it didn't miss one cliche' that's been repeated a hundred times before. :doh:
Watched the current episode of Toshi Densetsu no Onna, it's up to it's third and surprisingly is getting better as it goes on, certainly don't need to use your brain cells like you do in Kagi no Kakatta Heya but it's been an enjoyable,fun and interesting watch so far. 8)
Also started on Doctors, first 2 episodes of it, hard to say how it's been, it's far from a classic but moves along at a nice pace and is compelling enough, sort of reminds me of NS. Aoi but with a doctor instead.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #785 on: May 04, 2012, 07:18:15 AM »
Too many dramas, not even time, sigh. :sweatdrop: Up to episode 4 of Juunen Saki mo Kimi ni Koishite, still okay and what is going to help it is that it's only 6 episodes, would have been harder to stretch out the story to 10+ episodes. Needed to start another one, never heard of this until today, looked good so started on it and was actually a really good first episode, looks like I may have lucked out with this, also kind of reminds me a bit of Ruri no Shima but don't think it'll be the tearjerker that one was. :huhuh

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #786 on: May 06, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
i've just watched SPEC Sho SP..It was awesome..i'm a huge fan of the SPEC..in the SP,we finally know what Toma's ability..

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #787 on: May 11, 2012, 06:59:15 AM »
Finished Doctors which turned out to be a much better show than I imagined it would be, only 8 episodes so no time for any filler, somewhat solid stories and the pace of the show was quite good, would recommend it. :shocked Also up to episode 4 of both Toshi Densetsu no Onna and Kagi no Kakatta Heya which has been really good but Toshi has been superb so far and gets better with every episode. :shocked:
Just started tonight, good start to it, think it's going to be a winner. :O

Like to watch two at once so think this will be started tomorrow. :huhuh

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #788 on: May 11, 2012, 08:19:22 AM »
i've just watched Legal High ep 1 and 2..i love it.it is the first time i watch a law-comedy themed dorama..it's pretty entertaining..

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #789 on: May 17, 2012, 07:01:44 AM »
Juunen Saki mo Kimi ni Koishite is now complete, while nothing earth shattering it was an enjoyable drama and even though the main plot was someone coming back from the future they did it in a way which made it believable. :huhuh Also up to episode 4 of Hammer Session, been okay but was expecting more but it's still got a ways to go.
Just started this tonight, put it off for a long time, thought the storyline wouldn't suit my tastes but first episode was fairly good.

This is has been the real winner though, went in cold not knowing anything about it and it's been a real solid drama, bit dark and mysterious and think it's going to get even darker. :panic:

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #790 on: May 17, 2012, 07:26:03 PM »
Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #791 on: May 20, 2012, 12:48:43 AM »
i've just watched legal high ep 5..this dorama never fail to make me laugh..can't wait for ep 6..komikado vs his ex-wife..hohoho..

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #792 on: May 26, 2012, 06:13:16 AM »
Finished watching Beautiful Life, and what can I say....beautifully written drama, fine acting & direction. High viewing numbers when it aired in January to March 2000, and the popularity was well justified.

If you have not watched, please give it a try.

Great performances by the two leads, Takako Tokiwa and Takuya Kimura. Wonderful in support roles were Atsuro Watabe, Miki Mizuno, Akemi Omori, Kenzo Kawarazki, Hirokyuki Ikeuchi, Takanori Nishikawa (AKA T.M. Revolution), and in a guest appearance, Koyuki had a brief, but memorable role.

Kimutaku has been in several series that I really enjoyed: Beautiful Life, Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi (AKA One Million Stars Falling from the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes), Hero, Mr. Brain. I want to check out Long Vacation.

I have already posted the B'z song used in the drama, but 今夜月の見える丘に  / Kon'ya Tsuki no Mieru Oka ni (Tonight View of the Moon From the Hill or sumpin' like that) is a fine song, in a class to match the drama.....

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #793 on: May 26, 2012, 08:13:21 PM »
^^ Saw you didn't mention Engine, that was a good drama of his and it reunites him with the woman you mentioned. :?

This was a really good one of Takako's worth checking out, Long Love Letter.

Meanwhile up to eposode 6 of Hammer Session, episode 4 of IS, episode 6 of both Kaji and Toshi and for some reason doing about a 10th rewatch of Code Blue season one, should really stick with one at a time. :banghead:

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #794 on: May 26, 2012, 11:51:44 PM »
Eurovision song contest is dramatic stuff :note: :lol:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #795 on: June 01, 2012, 01:43:23 PM »
Know that intro bit in Legal High where "Giant" Gakky is jump-kicking straight at "Pointy-hand" Komikado?
Notice her getting closer each episode?
She gets there at last on ep07, kinda. :nervous Go check it out.
wonder what'll happen now... :roll:

Offline puretsubasa

• ecchi
« Reply #796 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:03 AM »
There are so many police and mystery dramas this season!

W no Higeki is too heartbreaking to continue.
Legal High seemed frustrating but reading all the comments here, I think I'm going to watch a few more episodes!
Papadol is getting better and I definitely need to check out Zenkai Girl.
Bakaleya and Ataru are my weekend highlights :)

I wonder if Yoshino ever finished IS? It wasn't my usual type of drama but I loved how it covered so many untouched and taboo issues.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #797 on: June 05, 2012, 01:49:57 AM »
I will take this opportunity to praise the drama 'IS' again......in the end, the show was all about human dignity.... How with love and dignity people can live a fulfilling life, no matter what the circumstances. Minna, watch IS if you have the opportunity!

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #798 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:52 AM »

I wonder if Yoshino ever finished IS? It wasn't my usual type of drama but I loved how it covered so many untouched and taboo issues.
Not yet, up to episode 7, problem has been it's not an easy drama to get, really not as popular as I thought it would/should be, :sweatdrop: have to say it's much more enjoyable than you would think considering the subject matter.
Hammer Session, episode 8, going along okay just taking my time with it but it's gotten a tad better, watched it mainly for Manami but have to admit Mirai has been the star so far.
Was thinking of making this the next watch, anyone else seen it? :huhuh

Offline puretsubasa

• ecchi
« Reply #799 on: June 08, 2012, 01:08:38 AM »
Not yet, up to episode 7, problem has been it's not an easy drama to get, really not as popular as I thought it would/should be, :sweatdrop: have to say it's much more enjoyable than you would think considering the subject matter.

Yeah, I think the synopsis would put a lot of people off, especially people who aren't so open-minded. I don't know how accurately it portrays the feelings of people who are IS, but it does a good job of showing you how their life is changed because of it. I really wish more people watched it! Much better than the generic love story.

And I know I'm super late, but I finally got around to watching Mr. Brain, and it was amazing! There were crazy guest stars in every episode and even though it was a police/mystery drama, it had this creepy and suspenseful feel that made every episode so exciting! One of the best dramas I've seen in a long while!

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Time Slip