JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Tabibito

Author Topic: [Atsuko_love's fanfic] The Ultimatum - CHAPTER 27 (multipairing) 31/03/2016  (Read 114725 times)

Offline chiqinna

• Member+
Re: [Atsuko_love's fanfic] The Ultimatum (CHAPTER 12)(11/8/2015 UPDATE!)
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »
sikit...

lelelel
kidding~
okay
mmmmmmm...
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

ahh!!
this emoticon looks like Minako and Rena! fangirl over kakkoi Taka neechan~~ eheh
 :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco:

oh my... it's really them!  :grin: :grin: :grin:
and I also have their sticker on my LINE if you want to see LOLOLz

hmmmmm..what else.. Haru oredi said what I want to say hahaha

I want to see more of Taka's strict training to Yuki lololz
ehemmm~

and I love fangirl Rena~  :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco:

and..... will wait for the next update  :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline Cometerz48

• "Nothing is prettier than a smart mind and a warm smile, thus that is why I like Kamieda Emika. She has both."
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Everybody needs a dark horse.Kamieda Emika is mine
    • hanachachachan
    • hanareswaris
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2015, 06:09:33 PM »
with my oshi's involvement in this story, I shall have my eyes all set for the continual of this story.......

Joking, I have been following up the story from the beginning and I am glad you're back writing, Kevinwkl-san.

Takamina and Rena sure has a long history together and I guess it is not a surprise at all that Takamina goes protective on Rena from J. J is intriguing for sure, and somehow I wasn't sure if she really is on the good side (even know I knew it'll be Wmatsui till the end) but still...

With Miichan's awakening and not holding any grudges against Takamina, I guess Mariko has no reason to be hunting for Taka anymore.. but I bet those two will have to cross fists for some reasons when they met again after such a long time.

Rena in Geki mode is sure scarry as hell... I wonder if her sense of pain will be back someday :v

The Commanders on the other side sure sounds scarily strong. I wasn't surprised you put Umeda as a villain again (I guess she suits the evil side better... *sighs*). and so Sasshi also has a history with Yuki, those two will be fierce I bet once they meet.. one question on our Snipper, which Ami are we referring..?  :nervous

Paru's super fast healing and how much Nao wants her. I wonder what's the story.........

why do I smell death on the next chapter....? (duh, he said there will be death)

Offline kevinwkl

• Honmayan!~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Acchan 4eva~ <3
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
@Cometerz48 : LOL Yup, Umeda is in this fic as well. And the Sniper Ami here is Maeda Ami XD Stay tuned~!

Offline Cometerz48

• "Nothing is prettier than a smart mind and a warm smile, thus that is why I like Kamieda Emika. She has both."
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Everybody needs a dark horse.Kamieda Emika is mine
    • hanachachachan
    • hanareswaris
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2015, 07:20:21 PM »
@Cometerz48 : LOL Yup, Umeda is in this fic as well. And the Sniper Ami here is Maeda Ami XD Stay tuned~!

I'M ON THIS RIDE!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Offline kuro_black29

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (´∀`)♡ WmatsuixMayuki (Blackdawnindisguise)
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2015, 05:42:57 PM »
*saves spot before kevin san update later

Pretty useful..muahahaha

Rena pulled herself back up and showed her butt at Takamina’s direction. She then smacked her butt. “Come get me then.”

Mischievous Rena....hahaha

“Are you single?” Rena asked completely out of the blue.

“Oh my.” Atsuko smiled and twitched her nose at Takamina.

“Hey. Don’t be rude.” Takamina told Rena.

“No no.. I mean, you’re beautiful. I’m sure Minami nee-chan is already in love with you, right? Right? Right?” Rena nudged Takamina again and again.

Atsuko merely smiled back at Takamina. “Cute kid.”

awwwwwwwwww~...cuteeeeee
Rena..ur too blunt..lol/

“Huh? You three joining Legion?? Pffttt!!! You three look tiny!” The guard started laughing out loud at them. “Go home, kids. This isn’t a place for little girls like you.”

Clearly, this snobbish guard had never heard of Takahashi Minami before, and he’s about to. As the guard was still laughing, Takamina gave him a headbutt right on the nose, causing him to tumble on the ground, grabbing his nose in pain. With a death glare, Takamina stood over his body and grabbed his collar up. “Go home, man. This isn’t a place for weaklings like you.”

The next second, the gates were open for them to enter. If he had done this sooner, he wouldn’t end up with a broken nose
SERVE UR RIGHT..lol/

“Minegishi.. You’re looking young as ever.. Are you and Mariko like dating or something? You both are always together.”

Minegishi raised a brow. “Excuse me? Are you and Takamina dating then? You both are also always together.”

After letting out a fake cough, Atsuko changed the topic

BACKFIRED..hahaha..xD

The combat examinations results just came out. Once again, Rena pushed everyone out of the way and looked at the Class A scoreboard. “YES!! NUMBER ONEE!!!!!!!!!!” Rena screamed.

Rena got first with a score of 413 upon 500. For combat examinations, getting a score of 400 was already very difficult to achieve. The score of 400 was comparable to a common Reaper, so Rena was definitely satisfied with her results. Being only 11 years old and scoring that high in Legion Academy’s combat examination was already extraordinary. Rena was much more powerful than Takamina when she was her age back then

The combat examination results in Class K was the most overwhelming one among all 3 classes. Everybody was shocked with the score of the first place. Nobody thought a score like that existed in Legion Academy’s combat examination results. First place went to Takahashi Minami with a score of 500 upon 500. A perfect score. It was the first time in Legion’s history that someone got a perfect score for combat examination

SUPERHUMAN..lol/

“And....” Atsuko hesitated for a moment. “What if I gave you a fan letter? Would you read it?”

Takamina stopped in her tracks and looked at Atsuko. “Do you have it?”

“I mean I can write one lat-”

Takamina cut Atsuko off and continued walking. “If you don’t have it then I suggest you stop spouting nonsense.”

“She’d definitely read it if you gave it to her, Atsu nee-chan..” Rena winked at Atsuko as the latter replied with a smile and a nose twitch

ATSUKO MAKE ONE QUICK.....TAKAMINA READ THEM LATER FOR SURE...NICE RENA  :thumbsup

“Minami?” Atsuko placed her hand on Takamina’s cheek. “You never needed to prove anything. You had always been the strongest warrior that ever lived in Minako’s eyes. There’s nothing to prove. You just gotta live that life.”

“Thanks Atsuko..” Takamina smiled back.

“KISS HER! KISS HER! KISS HER! KISS HER!” Rena started chanting loudly.

Takamina gave Rena the side eye. “Quiet, kid.”

“Aww.... No fun..” Rena pouted.

LOL RENA...STAPH MAKING TAKA EMBARASS..lol/..but yeah..agreed with that..KISS HER GIRL

This news had attracted even a certain short Alpha Spectre who had been looking for a formidable match for years since her arrival.

“The prodigy Takahashi Minami, huh?” The short Alpha Spectre smirked. “Have I finally found my match after all these years?”

YUKO ENTRANCE THE PARTY~

That time, a guy presented Atsuko with roses. “This is for you, Atsuko.”

“Oh my..” Atsuko smiled and was about to receive it before a hand grabbed onto the roses and crushed them immediately.

The guy turned his head over to the owner of the hand and got shivers sent up his spine. It was Takamina. She raised a brow at the guy. “May I help you?”

“N-No, you may not..” He then scurried away as Takamina tossed the remains of the roses onto the ground.

After letting out a fake cough, Takamina wished Atsuko. “Congrats.”

Jealous taka...xDD...hahaha

“What’s your name?”

“Kashiwagi Yuki....”

“I’m Takahashi Minami. 18. I’ll be guiding your class, and I’m gonna keep an eye on you especially. Things will just get harder and harder from now on, so you have to prepare youself for the worst. Understand?”

“Understand.” Yuki answered.

“From today on, you’ll address me as Takamina sensei.”

With a smile on her face, Yuki nodded. “Sensei.”

:nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya:

:on gay: :kneelbow: :on drink:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:14:25 AM by kuro_black29 »
Live in the land of mist..nahh just kidding..
Live in the land of Wmatsui and Mayuki...
World of fantasy..World of Lalaland~

(っ´▽`)っWmatsui~Mayuki ♡ (。’∀’。)

Tend to forget things but not mah fav author and fics

Offline kevinwkl

• Honmayan!~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Acchan 4eva~ <3
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2015, 04:22:54 PM »

Chapter 13 : The History Of Team Taka - The Birth of the Strongest Team

Yuki slid open the door as everyone in the room stopped what they were currently doing and started back at the newcomer. ”.....”

“A new student!” Rena shouted and pointed.

“.....” Yuki was really shy since everyone was staring at her and wanted to escape but there was pretty much nowhere else to go. So she just walked slowly with her head down, towards an empty seat beside Rena.

“Hey! You look really young! What’s your name? How old are you?” Rena immediately bombarded Yuki with questions.

Yuki shyly nodded. “My name is Kashiwagi Yuki. 7 years old. Please take care of me.”

“Oh~ 6 years difference.. I’m Matsui Rena. 13 years old.” The raven haired girl introduced.

“Rena senpai..” Yuki nodded her head a little in respect.

“Wow, you’re REEEEEAAAALLY polite... I like you!” Rena’s face brightened. “Let’s be best friends!” Rena placed an arm over Yuki’s shoulder as if they were already close to one another. Rena was always straight forward and talkative so it was no surprise that she acted this bold with Yuki.

“Uhm... Okay..” Yuki nodded shyly as she didn’t know how else to react to it.

“Come on! Don’t be shy!!” Rena nudged the young girl again and again. “Let me introduce you to some of my friends.”

A girl appeared in front of Yuki. “Hi! I’m Takayanagi Akane! You can call me Churi. I’m 12 this year and I love birds. And have I mentioned how much you look like a white-starred robin? Your facial features.. Oh in case you don’t know, they’re beautiful birds that can only be found in the Afric-”

“Out of the way! You’re gonna scare her away with your bird talk!” Another girl suddenly shoved Churi away with a butt thrust. “Hi! I’m Furukawa Airi! You can just call me Airin. Or THE BOSS!” Airin then wore a pair of sunglasses that she got out of nowhere.

“......” Yuki remained silent at Airin’s lame gag.

“Alright, that was really bad.” Airin removed her sunglasses and smiled brightly. “I’m 12 this year as well. Same like this birdy bird bird girl right here.” Airin pointed at Churi.

“Don’t shove me away with your butt, Airin!” Churi poked Airin’s shoulder just like how a 12 year old would do.

“Oh yeah? Nobody cares about your bird talk, Churi!” Airin poked Churi’s chest.

“Don’t poke my chest!” Churi flinched from Airin’s action. “And you don’t know if she likes birds or not, Airin!”

“Oh, I know, alright... I always know.” Airin then hopped on top of the lecturer’s table and opened her arms wide. “Coz I’m the king of the world!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!” Airin laughed like a boss but to her surprise, there was no reaction to it. The whole class usually laugh or cheered on but this time, they were silent. Curious about this matter, she tilted her head back down just to come face to face with Takamina staring back at her.

“What are you doing, Airin?” Takamina asked with a straight expression.

“I uhhhhh.......” Airin merely blinked at Takamina and let out a fake laugh. “I’m posing.... See? Ahahaha...” She posed again.

“Get back to your seat while I’m still being nice, kid.” Takamina show a glare at Airin and that made her tremble a little in fear.

“Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry!” Airin felt apologetic as she hopped back down on the ground and went back to her seat.

Takamina then slammed her book on her table before gazing at everybody’s eyes. “I have only 2 simple rules for you people. Rule number one, other than asking relevant questions, you are not allowed to talk when I’m talking. Rule number two, you will not sleep or let your mind wander during class. And the rule starts now. Simple, right?”

“What happens if we do not obey the rules?” Churi hands up and asked.

Takamina raised her brow. “You can try.”

“Maybe not.” Churi slowly placed her hand now.

“Pfft.. Owned.” Airin giggled and that caught Takamina’s attention.

Takamina walked over towards Airin and tilted her head down at the sitting girl. “You don’t seem to get what I just said, Airin.”

“I deeply apologize for that. Please don’t hurt me.” Airin begged, knowing how strict Takamina would be.

Airin began panicking when Takamina grabbed onto her collar. “Apology not accepted.”

To everyone’s horror, Takamina straight up threw Airin out the open window. Bear in mind that their class was on the 5th floor. It was terrifying. “WOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” As Airin flew out the window, Takamina took out her Judgement and shot a hook that grappled onto Airin’s leg, stopping her fall right away. She then locked the Judgement handle on the window pane, causing Airin to be hanged upside down outside the 5th floor window. “HELPPP!!!!”

“That’s what happens if you disobey me, students. Any more questions?” Takamina asked and was replied with only silence. She then smiled a little. “Good. I like peace. Now let the class begin.”

The class went by normally as Airin remained hanging upside down outside the window the whole time. Takamina was actually doing pretty well as a lecturer. She covered all the important points but still, she hated the job as a lecturer. Only after Takamina finished her class, she pulled Airin back up who now had a completely red face since all the blood rushed up into her head. “Have you learnt your lesson?”

“.....” Airin merely nodded and blinked as if she just lost her mind. It was unlike the hyperactive Airin to be so silent like this. Only Takamina was able to do that. Even Rena who happened to be very close to Takamina dind’t dare to make a single sound throughout the class.

“Pfft... Loser.” Churi placed an L on her forehead.

“Shut up! I’m gonna get you!” Airin began chasing Churi around.

“How was your first day? Was it fun?” Rena smiled at Yuki.

“Uhm....” Yuki scratched her head a little. “I don’t think I understood anything..”

A few months had passed since Yuki entered Legion Academy. She and Rena had developed a very close friendship. This month’s exam results just came out. Rena ranked 1st in combat as usual while she got 6th in theory. This marks the 33rd time Rena was in the top 10 in theory. If everything goes well, Rena could graduate in 7 months time. Yuki on the other hand, was not doing so well in her exams since the day she came in.

“....” Yuki pouted at her ranking in the exams. She got last place for both exams once again. She knew she was the youngest one around but she wanted to at least have a high score.

“Don’t worry about it, Yuki. You’ll do better. Maybe you should meet Minami nee-chan personally for that.” Rena suggested.

Yuki too agree that she needed a little counseling about this matter. She went over to Takamina’s room and was about to knock, before she heard someone speaking.

“She seem to fail every single one of the monthly test.” A voice was heard from behind the door.

That sentence caught Yuki’s attraction as she merely kept silent as she lean her body behind the wall and eavesdrop their conversation. “...”

“She’s still young, Minami. You have to understand.” Atsuko voiced out.

“Rena was also young when she first joined Legion.” Takamina replied.

“It’s different. Rena learnt a lot from you before she even joined. That’s why she could adapt well. Yuki was merely a 7 year old girl who plays around before this. You can’t expect so much from her.”

“I don’t know how to deal with her, Atsuko. She’s doing VERY poorly in exams for the past few months.” Takamina complained. “A 10 upon 100 for theory, Atsuko. You’re the best in theory so you tell me what you have in mind about her results.”

“Well, she’s just 7 so that was kinda expected?” Atsuko shrugged. “You can’t expect her to cope with all these new terms when she just got in, right? She can always improve..”

“Improve? I doubt she can ever improve.” Takamina had already expected Atsuko to side with Yuki. “Alright fine. She can’t study? Then look at her combat exam results. A 7 out of fricking 500, Atsuko. Let me repeat myself. A SEVEN... OUT OF FIVE HUNDRED.. I don’t know if I should laugh or cry because I have never seen such bad results in my life. She can’t run. She can’t do push ups. She can’t do long jumps. She can’t do anything!”

Atsuko shook her head. “Once again, she is only 7, Minami.. Why would you expect a 7 year old girl to be able to do all that!?”

“I could run the whole field when I was 7.” Takamina grumbled. “That girl wheezed at the 20 meter mark.”

“You were different, Minami.. You were a prodigy.. You were born to do things normal kids can’t possibly do. Yes, you trained everyday. I know.. But you have to realize this. Not everybody can do those things at age 7.” Atsuko explained.

“She’s just weak.” Takamina insisted.

Yuki who heard this got hurt by those words as her eyes started welling up with tears and clenched her fists. She was no prodigy like Takamina. She most definitely wasn’t born a fighter. She is not and probably will never be as strong as Takamina will ever be, but this did not break her. Just like the first day she came to Legion Academy and had a talk with Takamina, Yuki believed that she can and will get stronger than she is. Yuki then barged into the room and faced them both and swallowed her tears because she knew just how much Takamina hated seeing tears. She called out loud, alerting both Atsuko and Takamina. “I am not strong now, but give me a few years to adapt. I will definitely become a strong fighter like you. I want to prove to you that I’m not a weakling. I’m a strong fighter too!”

Those words were quite deep for a 7 years old kid to say, but Yuki truly believed in Takamina’s words on the first day that she can indeed become stronger if she wants to. She just needed to work much harder than everyone else. Takamina was hit by a strong feeling of nostalgia. For some reason, Takamina couldn’t talk back. Every single thing Yuki said about becoming stronger sounded very similar to what Minako said. Takamina literally pictured Yuki as Minako at that point. “....”

“Ah..” Only then, Yuki realized that she rudely barged into a lecturer’s room. “I’m sorry! Forgive me! I won’t do it again! Don’t scold me please! It was an accident! I’m sorry!”

“I kinda like her.” Atsuko smiled and twitched her nose. She then called Yuki to come closer. “Yuki, come here..”

“...” Silently, Yuki walked towards Atsuko.

Atsuko then bent her body to come eye to eye level with Yuki. “Yuki, you’re a hardworking girl, aren’t you?”

Yuki nodded.

“You want to be able to graduate as a strong Reaper, don’t you?”

Yuki nodded once again.

“But to graduate, you need to score well in your exams, you know that right?” Atsuko asked with a motherly smile.

“I’m already trying very hard..” Yuki said.

“Trying isn’t enough, Yuki. You need to do it.” Atsuko said.

“Mm..” Yuki nodded silently.

“You know how Minami is very cool and stylish despite being fierce, right?”

“Mhmm..” Yuki nodded.

Atsuko then whispered at Yuki softly. “How would you like to see the girly side of her?”

“I heard that.” Takamina said.

“How about this..” Atsuko continued whispering. “If you manage to score 70 out of 100 for next month’s theory exam, I will dress Minami up like a fairy princess and force her to act like one. Then I will take her out for a date with her dressed up like that and listen to every single one of my command for the whole day.”

“I totally heard that, Atsuko.” Takamina gave Atsuko the side eye.

“I can do that for real, but you have to work hard for it, okay?” Atsuko smiled and winked at Yuki.

Yuki merely bit her lip to contain her giggle.

“I didn’t agree to anything.” Takamina said.

“What’s wrong, Minami? You’re afraid? You actually think she can get 70 now?” Atsuko tilted her head. “You said that she had no chance of improving her score earlier.”

“Don’t get smart with me, Atsuko. This is beyond childish!” Takamina raised her voice.

“It means you were merely spouting nonsense earlier. So you do believe that Yuki here can do very well in her exams.” Atsuko pushed even more.

“No I do not!” Takamina raised her voice even more. “Stop it!”

Atsuko too raised her voice. “If you think that then you will have no problem accepting this challenge!”

“Fine!” Takamina slammed the table and accepted the challenge because she was so overwhelmed with pride.

Yuki’s whole body flinched from that table slam.

Atsuko then shot a smile of satisfaction. “You accepted the challenge, Minami. You cannot back out from this.. Every single one of my commands~”

“Tch-” Takamina looked away.

“You’d like to see Minami dress up like a fairy princess, don’t you?” Atsuko asked.

Yuki’s smile widened. “Yes!”

“Then you have to score 70 points for next month’s theory exam, ok?”

“Ok!” Yuki said as she hopped out of the room cheerfully.

As soon as Yuki left, Takamina opened her mouth. “You’re out of your mind, Atsuko. This is ridiculous.”

“You accepted it, Minami. So you must deliver.” Atsuko said.

“Cool with me.” Takamina shrugged. “There’s no way she can improve so much within a month. I don’t believe it.”

“Aren’t you looking down on her too much?” Atsuko asked.

“I’m not looking down on her. I’m just telling the fact fom what I experienced first hand for the past few months.” Takamina retorted.

“Just get ready to wear a dress for the first time, Minami.” Atsuko winked as she made her way towards the door.

“Get out.” was all Takamina said.

“Are you serious!?” Rena grabbed Yuki’s shoulders in shock. “Minami nee-chan will dress up like a fairy princess if you scored at least 70 in theory!?”

“Yeah, Atsuko sensei said that earlier and Takamina sensei agreed.” Yuki said.

Rena grabbed Yuki’s hands suddenly, shocking the younger girl. “Let’s go steal the papers right now. I’ll help you.”

“W-Wha??”

“Come on! What are you waiting for? Let’s do it!” Rena nudged Yuki again and again.

“But that’s bad...” Yuki pouted.

“.....” The naiveness of a 7 years old girl made Rena silent.

“I want to try and get 70 with my own effort.” Yuki insisted.

“Yuki... I know you will eventually improve in your results but are you sure you can improve THAT much in just a month?” Rena asked.

“I have to do it somehow. I will camp in the library.”

“Well, good luck to you then.” Rena smiled brightly at Yuki.

“Thank you senpai!” Yuki replied the smile.

For the whole month, Yuki was spending her time in the library. She literally camped there. She wanted to get 70, not only because she wanted to see Takamina in a dress but also wanted to improve herself. She had been scoring poorly in the past exams and this time, she didn’t want to screw up as well. Atsuko and Rena went to the library to check on Yuki everyday. There was once Takamina went to the library as well. Takamina never entered the library since the day she came in but she was actually a little interested in how Yuki would be doing.

“Ugh- What is this term.....” Yuki scratched her head again and again. She was stressed out, hungry and sleepy at the same time. It was already 9pm and she still had not had her dinner yet.

Takamina stood behind the wall and took a peek at the young girl scratching her head again and again. “This kid is really hopeless...”

“Ahh.. I need to go to the toilet..” Yuki then stood up and went to the toilet. A few minutes later, she came back and saw something on her table. As she stepped closer to her table, there was a fruit drops can on her book along with a note. “What’s this?” She then picked up the note and read it.

“Eat a flavored candy while learning. During your exam, munch on the same flavor. It helps in remembering.”

“Hmm?” Yuki picked up the can of sweets and tilted her head. “Who left this?” Yuki merely shrugged and popped a candy in her mouth.

The month flew by in a flash and the next month’s results were out again.

“OH MY GOD!!! YUKI! YOU DID IT!” Rena’s eyes shot wide open at Yuki’s theory results this month. “You got 71 out of 100!!!”

“I did it!” Yuki hopped agian and again in joy while sucking on a piece of candy. 71 points wasn’t enough to get her to the top 10 ranks just yet but she achieved the 70 points mark.

“YOU DID IT! YOU DID IT!” Rena interlock all her fingers with Rena’s and hopped along with her. “I’m so happy for you, Yuki! Good job! But how did you do it!?”

“Oh? Someone gave me this candy. It helped me remember well.” Yuki took out the fruit drop can she received the other day.

“Candy?” Atsuko then shot a look at Takamina.

Takamina had nothing to say about this, definitely. She just lean against a wall and stared back at the overexcited Yuki. That was when a grin crawled onto Atsuko’s face.

Takamina’s eye twitched again and again. “I.........can’t believe this.....” Takamina was dressed up in a hot pink dress with some make up on inside her room. She was also wearing a pair of pink fluffy earrings and pink high heels. This was the first time ever that Takamina had worn a hot pink dress or had make up on her face. Honestly, there was actually nothing wrong with a girl dressed up in hot pink dress and make up on her face. But that’s totally different if it was applied on a very boyish, cool and super badass lady like Takamina. If that wasn’t funny enough already, she was holding onto a ‘magic stick’ on her right hand.

“Ah.. How beautiful~” A small laugh escaped Atsuko’s mouth. “From this point on, you’ll be the fairy princess Takahashi Minami. You’re not allowed to lose your temper and you have to listen to everything I say for one whole day.”

“This is preposterous!” Takamina tossed the ‘magic stick’ on the ground in anger.

“You can’t act like this, Minami! You’re a fairy princess now! Start acting like one!” Atsuko said while holding in her laugh.

“Argh!” Takamina punched the table in frustration.

“Minami! You promised! You’re not the type that break promises, are you!?” Atsuko stated as she placed the ‘magic stick’ back on Takamina’s hand.

Takamina then let out a loud sigh and shut her eyes. “Just end this day quick...”

Atsuko then led Takamina outside her room. Right when Atsuko opened the door, she was greeted by Rena and Yuki. “OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU!?!?” Rena screamed out for a moment as she noticed a weird looking thing in pink before she realized it was just Takamina in a pink dress and make up on.

With an emotionless face, Takamina pointed. “Don’t you dare laug-”

Rena started laughing her heart out as she pointed at Takamina’s outfit. “WAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! OH MY GOD MINAMI NEE-CHAN!!!!!! WHAT IS THAT!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!” She then pointed at the ‘magic stick’. “AND THAT!!! THAT STICK!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OH MY GOD I CAN’T!!!!!! HHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!” That was when Rena’s eyes were attarcted towards Takamina’s pink and fluffy earrings. “WHAT ARE THOSE!!!???? THOSE PINK FUZZBALLS OF FLUFFINESS!!! JUST BRING OUT THE FAIRY DUST ALREADY, NEE-CHAN!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!”

“UGHHH-!!!!!” Takamina was literally trembling in anger as she clenched her fists. This was too much for her to handle. The embarrasment was way off the charts.

“Now now, Minami... You need to act like a princess. No losing temper. No shouting.” Atsuko reminded.

“Minami nee-chan, try flicking the magic stick. Do it! Do it! Do it! Like this! Swish and flick!” Rena demonstrated.

“No...” Takamina shot a death glare at Rena.

“Atsu nee-chan....” Rena sulked and twirled her finger on Atsuko’s shoulder.

“Minami... Do what Rena says.” Atsuko giggled.

“You’re really getting on my nerves, aren’t you?” Takamina side eyed Atsuko.

“Swish and flick, Minami..” Atsuko repeated.

Reluctantly, Takamina did it. “Swish and flick.......”

“OH MY GOD! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!” Rena started laughing all over again as Atsuko giggled a little at her action.

Yuki merely stood there staring at Takamina while blinking her eyes as Rena continued laughing her ass off beside her. Rena’s laugh made Atsuko laugh a little too.

“.....” Takamina didn’t want to say anything. She merely looked at Yuki blankly, expecting her to laugh like Rena and Atsuko did as well but no.

Instead, Yuki shot a sweet smile at Takamina. “Takamina sensei looks like a very beautiful fairy princess! I love it!”

“....” Takamina had not expected that reply from Yuki. She literally thought Yuki would laugh at her as well but she didn’t and that threw her off guard.

“Can I hug you?” Yuki said with a smile and a soft tone. This one threw her way off guard.

“Excuse me?” Takamina raised her brow.

“Cause you’re so beautiul, I just want to give you a hug. Mummy told me that all the pretty things in the world deserves a hug. So I want to hug you.” Yuki smiled widely, showing her teeth. Yuki’s smile reminded Takamina of how much it was so alike Minako’s. It was the exact same smile Minako gives her. Her smile was so mellow, it made even Takamina succumb to it.

“Aww... How cute.” Atsuko smiled and twitched her nose. “Give her a hug, Minami.”

“Fine..” Takamina sighed loudly and squatted down, opening her arms wide.

Yuki then walked over slowly and laid her head on Takamina’s shoulder before closer her arms in. Takamina too replied with the same gesture. It was a weird feeling for Takamina definitely. She hadn’t really hugged anyone for a long time. The last person whom she hugged was none other than MInako. Yuki’s hug was warm, and the warmth left Takamina speechless. It felt as if she was hugging Minako. The nostalgia hit her hard at that point. To everyone’s surprise, she closed her eyes and tightened her hug. “I missed you...”

“E-Eh?” Yuki blushed from Takamina’s sudden blurt. “S-Sensei...”

As soon as Takamina heard Yuki’s voice, she got back to her senses and pulled away from the hug. “Sorry.”

“N-No! Don’t be!” Yuki said.

“Well well.. Let’s go, shall we?” Atsuko smiled.

“Go where?” Takamina raised a brow.

“On a date, of course. Have you forgotten that we’re going out on a date as well?” Atsuko smirked.

“With me looking like that!? Are you serious!?” Takamina raised ehr voice.

“You promised, Minami~” Atsuko said with a singing tone. “You’re gonna break your promise~?”

“Boo.... I didn’t know Minami nee-chan was someone like this..” Rena booed Takamina from behind Atsuko.

“Fine!!” Takamina’s voice literally shook with anger.

“Hey hey! Can we come along!?” Rena hopped.

“Sure..” Atsuko smiled.

“Yay!!” Yuki and Rena hugged each other happily.

Takamina got quite a number of glances on her as she was walking. She’s not any common girl. She was famous for being a badass and strong Reaper. The fact that she was dressed up like a fairy princess, walking around the shopping mall holding a magic stick was attracting a little too much attention. Heck, some people couldn’t even recognize that she was actually the famous Reaper Takahashi Minami. Takamina was definitely getting really frustrated. Yuki looked up at Takamina and noticed her expression. She then moved closer to Takamina and held her hand. Noticing this, Takamina looked down at the young girl. “Why are you holding my hand, kid?”

“Because you’re pretty.” Yuki shot the brightest smile she had.

“Aww.. Isn’t she an angel?” Atsuko smiled. “She thinks you look pretty.”

“Don’t start with me, Atsuko.” Takamina said as she unconcsiously gripped onto Yuki’s small hand a little tighter. Maybe that tiny hand reminded her of her little sister Minako’s.

They soon reached a restaurant and sat down. The waiter then came and took the order. “May I have your order please?”

Atsuko started. “Yeah. One chicken chop, one steak, one bowl of onion rings, a bowl of ramen, one omurice, one curry rice and a red bean slushie. That’s for me. What about you guys?”

“......” The three of them merely gave Atsuko a weird look.

“What?” Atsuko smiled back innocently.

“Never mind.” Takamina shook her head. “Give me a katsudon.”

“Bento box 1 for me!” Rena said.

“Set 4 for me.” Yuki followed.

Soon after, their food came and they begun eating. Right before Takamina could grab her spoon, Atsuko snatched it from her side. “I’ll feed you.”

“What games are you playing now, Atsuko?” Takamina was getting annoyed.

“Open your mouth, Minami~” Atsuko scooped some rice and held the spoon out at Takamina. “Ahhh~~”

“No thanks. I have hands.” Takamina showed both her hands to Atsuko.

“I’ll tell you what else you have. A promise to keep. So obey.” Atsuko

“Why am I even doing this?” Takamina still didn’t want to.

“It’s just for today, Minami. Eat it.” Atsuko swirled the spoon round and round.

“Yeah~! Just for today, MInami~ Eat it~” Rena imitated Atsuko’s voice with a grin as she squeezed Yuki’s hand, waiting for Takamina to eat it.

“.....” Takamina reluctantly opened her mouth as Atsuko placed the scoop of katsudon inside her mouth.

“You eat very well, dear..” Atsuko smiled and twitched her nose.

Takamina raised her brow as she munched on her food. “Dear?”

“DEAR!!! OH MY GOD!! KYAAAA~!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!! I CAN’T CONTAIN MYSELF!!” Rena hug squeezed Yuki and then stretched her face hard, trying to contain all the feels. “ROOOOOAARRRRR!!!!!!!! TOO CUTE!!!!!!!”

“S-Senpai....” Yuki was literally suffering while sitting beside her childish senior. She couldn’t possibly take in all Rena’s hyper actions. Despite being much older than Yuki, Rena was definitely the more childish one.

“Tell me, Yuki! Don’t you think they are the loveliest couple ever!?” Rena stretched Yuki’s face even more.

“I-I’m just trying to eat, senpai..” Yuki spoke out while still having her face stretched. Yuki had been holding onto her scoop of rice for quite some time now. It was because Rena was stretching her face, she couldn’t put it in her mouth.

“We’re on a date, Minami.. Remember? So it’s pretty normal that I call you dear.” Atsuko twitched her nose.

“Yeah! Minami nee-chan should call her dear too!” Rena added.

“Hey, hey. don’t take this too far. I’m fed up with this load of bullshit already.” Takamina retorted while holding her magic stick. “You don’t know how much I’m holding in not to break this stick in two.”

They all started eating their food respectively. The table was literally filled with food because of the number of dishes Atsuko ordered. Rena was eating like a glutton, smearing food all over her face. Takamina on the other hand, stuffed the whole chicken inside her mouth with a single bite despite her mouth being to small. Atsuko then noticed some stains stuck on Takamina’s mouth.

“Your mouth is dirty, Minami..” Atsuko twitched her nose and wiped the stain off Takamina’s lip before licking it off her finger. “Mmm.. Yummy. I tasted strawberries for some reason. I wonder why.”

Takamina replied with an unamused look. “Are you for real now?”

“OH MY GOD! AN INDIRECT KISS! NOW TRY THE DIRECT KISS! KYAAAAAAAA!!!!” Once again, Rena squished Yuki hard, not allowing the younger girl to eat.

“Senpai......” Yuki was frustrated because she wanted to eat.

After they had eaten, they walked around again. Rena looked at Takamina again and again, holding in her laugh. Pfft...”

“Argh!!! This is embarassing!!” Takamina tossed the magic stick on the ground once again.

“No losing your temper, Minami!” Atsuko picked up the magic stick and passed it back to Takamina.

“I’m not holding that thing, Atsuko. As if these things weren’t embarassing enough!” Takamina flicked her pink and fluffy earrings.

“You lost the bet so I say deal with it, Minami.” Atsuko shoved the magic stick back onto Takamina’s hand.

That time, a cake shop attracted both Rena and Yuki’s attention. “Cakes!” Rena hopped.

“I want the strawberry shortcake!” Yuki too hopped excitedly.

“So many choices!!!! Let’s go buy cakes, Yuki!” Rena pulled Yuki into the cake shop with her.

“This is ridiculous...” Takamina let out a frustrated sigh as she still held onto the magic stick.

“You did good, Minami.” Atsuko shot a sweet smile at Takamina.

“What?” Takamina looked confused.

“You helped her pass the theory exam. I have to say, I did not expect that coming from you, Minami.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“As far as I know, only one person ate candy during studying and exams and that’s you, Minami. Who are you trying to lie to?” Atsuko insisted.

“....” Takamina remained silent. She merely placed her palm on her forehead. She probably did not understood why as well. She didn’t owe Yuki anything. She usually do not care much about other people but instead, she helped Yuki.

“Minami?” Atsuko placed a hand on Takamina’s face. “I’ve known you for years. I know what’s going through your mind right now. Yuki reminds you of your little sister, am I right? It’s completely okay to let these troubled feelings out. Don’t hold it in.” Atsuko then pointed at Yuki who was in the cake shop. “She’s the answer to your troubled heart. Go ahead with your feelings.”

“....” Takamina looked at Yuki silently.

That time, a short lady wearing a longcoat walked up to them, attracting the two of them. She was wearing sunglasses. As she stood there, she glanced at a newspaper cutting that she was holding before looking back at Takamina’s face. She then looked back at the newspaper cutting once again and back towards Takamina’s face. She frowned and once again, looked at the newspaper cutting. She scanned Takamina from head to toe and finally opened her mouth. “You’re Takahashi Minami? The one whom they called the strongest in Legion?”

“Who wants to know?” Takamina had a bad vibe from this lady suddenly. Too bad she had not brought her Judgements along with her today because she was wearing a dress.

She suddenly laughed hysterically. “They didn’t tell me you were a fairy princess!”

“I’m not playing with you! Who are you!” Takamina raised her voice as Atsuko slowly reached for her Judgement at her utility belt.

“Oh, I’m just somebody.....looking for a formidable match..” The lady then removed her sunglasses to reveal her blood red eyes.

“A Spectre!” Atsuko immediately activated her Judgement and landed a slash on her.

To their surprise, the Spectre defended against Atsuko’s slash with her very own blade with ease and knocked her away. “I’m not interested in you, lady.. I’m only interested in you.” She pointed right at Takamina’s face.

“What do you want from me?” Takamina asked.

“To see if you’re actually as strong as what people said. To see if you’re worthy to be my rival.” the Spectre said as she clenched her fist at Takamina’s direction. “Yuko’s the name. You should feel honored to be able to fight against an Alpha.”

“You’re an Alpha?” Takamina raised her brows from that fact but that did not intimidate her a slight bit.

“If you wanna get to her, you have to get through me first!!” Atsuko leaped in for a slash once again.

Yuko defended against the attack successfully with her blades while still having both her hands in her pocket. “Lady.. This kind of strength do not even entertain me!” Yuko swiped her blade at Atsuko’s direction.

Atsuko was able to catch up to Yuko’s speed and deflect Yuko’s attacks, and that somehow amazes Yuko a little. “You’re not bad... But not good enough!!” Yuko increased her strength and managed to slam Atsuko hard on the wall.

“Argh!” Atsuko groaned from the impact as the Judgement flew off her grip.

As Yuko closed in for another attack, Takamina pulled Atsuko out of the way, causing Yuko’s blade to thrust through the wall cleanly. Takamina then attempted a punch on Yuko but got dodged successfully. Yuko swung her blade at Takamina’s direction this time. Dodging every single one of Yuko’s blade attacks, Takamina managed to get close to the short Spectre and released a powerful punch right on her stomach. That blow was so powerful that even Yuko stumbled back a few feet. She shot a glare at Yuko. “I will not forgive those who hurt Atsuko..”

Yuko held her stomach and smirked. “So you’re not a common fairy princess.. You’re actually the real deal.. Those furry earrings and pink dress confused me for a moment.”

Takamina kicked the Judgement up from the ground with her high heels and caught it in her hand successfully before pointing it at Yuko’s direction. “Why don’t you try me out yourself?”

“Show me some entertainment, Taka!!” Yuko said as two huge blades extended from her back.

“What? You’re gonna fight in a dress and high heels??” Atsuko was dumbfounded. “How are you gonna fight?”

“Hold this.” Without thinking, Takamina passed the magic stick to Atsuko and leaped towards Yuko followed by a strong slash. Yuko blocked it successfully with her blade. Yuko was surprised with the amount of strength on Takamina’s strike.

“You have some strength!” Yuko grinned. “But this is still not enough to amaze me!” Yuko then increased her blade strength and caused Takamina to stumble backwards. Yuko then slammed her blade at Takamina’s direction. Takamina managed to dodge the blade attack by a close call because the dress and high heels were giving her limited mobility.

“Minami nee-chan!” Rena came running out.

“Takamina sensei!” Yuki too was attracted by the noises outside.

“Stay back, girls.. You might get hurt from this battle. Minami’s fighting against an Alpha. So don’t disturb.” Atsuko called out.

“An Alpha!?” Rena and Yuko wewre both shocked at the fact. This was in fact Takamina’s first encounter with an Alpha.

Takamina blocked Yuko’s blade attacks again and again with her sword before leaping in for a surprise slash right at Yuko’s neck. Yuko almost wasn’t able to dodge against it. Luckily, as an Alpha Spectre, she was able to use her enhanced reflexes to tilt her body backwards to dodge against the slash.

Just when Takamina was about to leap in for another slash, she almost tripped over herself from the dress and that left her wide open. “Ugh!”

As Yuko swung another blade at her, Takamina let her body fall onto the ground to dodge against it and rolled a few feet away. Frustrated that her mobility is restricted, she forcefully tore the bottom part of the dress and her sleeves away to increase her mobility. She then tossed her heels away, being barefooted right now. This time, Takamina could move swifter than before and was able to catch up to Yuko’s speed.

After a few minutes of non-stop attacks, both Takamina and Yuko were panting already. Then once again, they shouted and leaped towards their rival’s direction. Yuko swung her blade as Takamina replied the attack. They both clashed with a powerful impact and the recoil pushed them both back. Takamina had a slash wound on her arm. Yuko let out a smirk at her successful attack before she discovered a slash wound on her own face. She traced the blood from her cheek and took a closer look at it. That was when Yuko knew she had truly found her match. She then shot a satisfied smirk at Takamina. “You’re all good, Taka! I’m more than impressed!”

“What?” Takamina frowned.

“You could even cope with my 50% power. I have to tell you, I did not expect that.” Yuko answered.

“50% power?” Takamina smirked. “I have only one sword with me, Yuko. That’s merely 40% of my power..”

That sentence intrigued Yuko even more. “Good... You’re worthy after all. We shall end this here for now. I’ve tested enough. I’ll be looking forward to our next battle. The next time we meet, it won’t be a test anymore! I will be going all out!” Yuko shot a final smirk and clenched her fist at Takamina before she made her way out of the scene till their next encounter.

“What the hell was that?” Takamina was still confused.

“Minami, are you ok!?” That time, Atsuko, Rena and Yuki came running towards her.

“Yeah, I’m all good.”

“You tore the dress apart.” Rena pointed out. “And god knows where you tossed your heels to.”

“This belongs to you, sensei.” Yuki passed the magic stick back to Takamina.

“I look like shit right now.” Takamina said as she looked down at her attire. Her dress was completely torn apart, there were smudges on her face and she was bare footed. The only thing that was still in good condition were her fluffy pink earrings and the magic stick.

“You still look pretty, sensei..” Yuki smiled and held Takamina’s hand. “You still have your earrings on.”

“You’re the strongest fairy princess ever!!!” Rena hugged Takamina. “No, wait. You look like Rambo right now so you’re the strongest Rambo princess ever!!!”

“And the coolest one too!” Atsuko twitched her nose and placed her arm over Takamina’s shoulder. “This has got to be the most badass date ever..”

“I swear to god, I will burn the three of you to ashes along with this dress and the magic stick for embarrasing me in public like that..”

It was already late. Takamina had just taken a shower and got rid of the princess outfit once and for all. Apparently, Takamina was still in the office despite it being night time already because she had some documents to pile up. That time, Atsuko came into her room. “Hey..”

“May I help you?” Takamina shot a look at Atsuko.

“No, you may not. But I’m gonna help you.” Atsuko said.

“Excuse me?” Takamina raised a brow.

“I already knew you would leave the wound unattended just like that. So I came here with bandages..” Atsuko walked over towards Takamina. “Here, let me put this on you.”

“Atsuko, please. You know I don’t need anything like that.”

“The wound is a little deep so I have to bandage it.” Atsuko insisted.

“I said, I don’t need it!”

“SHUSH! You’re still a fairy princess today! Obey!” Atsuko raised her voice.

“Don’t raise your voice at me, Atsuko! Damn it! Who do you think you are speaking to me like that!?” Takamina got angered.

“I’m your fairy godmother, that’s who I am! Now be quiet and let me bandage you!” Atsuko too raised her voice. Atsuko was pretty much the only person in the whole world who could raise her voice against Takamina.

Takamina sighed loudly as she had no more energy to argue with Atsuko. “You know what? Fine. Just do whatever you want. You wanna bandage me? Go ahead. You wanna tie me up? Go ahead. I’m already tired of this shit. Just do it quickly and leave. I’ve had enough embarrassment today already.”

“You accepted the challenge yourself, MInami. And plus, you even helped Yuki win this challenge. So don’t complain, ok?” Atsuko smiled and twitched her nose.

Takamina rolled her eyes and thrusted her arm out for Atsuko to bandage. “Make it quick. I still have some documents to file up.”

“Don’t rush me. This needs to be done with utmost care.” Atsuko said as she slowly started sewing Takamina’s wound back together.

Takamina didn’t need any painkiller or anything like that. That’s what made her so badass. She could stand the pain of sewing her wound without even flinching. Once in a while, Atsuko shot a look at Takamina’s face and smiled. “You look coolest like that, Minami.”

Takamina could literally feel Atsuko’s breath by her neck. It was a tingling feeling. Something that Takamina couldn’t understand. The warmness of her breath somehow felt relieving. Takamina was staring at the diligent Atsuko bandaging her arm silently the whole time. Atsuko was concentrating so much on it that she didn’t realize that Takamina was staring at her.

Atsuko looked simply beautiful concentrating on something like that. Her eyes became doe like and her cheeks looked a little puffy with the light shining on her face. “I want to thank you for saving me earlier, Minami.. If it weren’t for you, I would have di-”

Takamina cut Atsuko off immediately. “Don’t even mention the word, Atsuko.”

“Alright, alright..” Atsuko smiled and twitched her nose. She then got back to bandaging. “I’m always relying on you, Minami.. Though I’m already a Reaper, you’re still protecting me.. Honestly, I loved that feeling of being protected by you a lot. But I just wish one day it will be the other way round where I will be the one to protect you.”

“Then you should be stronger in order to do that.” Takamina smiled a little. With Atsuko’s disclosure, the whole atmosphere became sweet and warm.

“There.. All done..” Atsuko smiled back and looked up.

At that moment, their eyes were locked for a short amount of time. Atsuko was in an awkwardly close proximity with Takamina’s face. With eyes fixed on each other, Atsuko was suddenly entranced with the lips before her very eyes and slowly moved her head closer. For every milimeter Atsuko got closer to Takamina’s lips, her heart beat hastened little by little. She wasn’t sure her heart had ever pounded so fast in her life. As their nose were almost touching, Atsuko tilted her head slightly for a little more space to get her lips closer. Their lips were almost touching. They could literally feel each other’s breath under their noses.

That was when Atsuko immediately jerked back and tucked her hair behind her ear, somehow being flustered by it. Atsuko never tucks her hair behind her ears. That was a strange move she did there. Heck, the whole thing was strange to her. It was as if someone else took posession of her body that time. It was probably an involuntary action that came from deep inside Atsuko. “S-Sorry..”

Takamina then let out a fake cough and turned her head away a little as well. “...”

“Maybe I should go now.. It’s late.” Atsuko stood up fom her seat.

“Yeah, you should.”

“So I’ll see you tomorrow..” Atsuko shot a smile at Takamina and exited the room. Atsuko felt really weird definitely. As she made her way back to her room, she placed her hand on her face and felt that it was a little warm. Her heart was still pounding fast. “That was weird... What just happened?”

Few minutes later, it was Yuki’s turn to walk over to Takamina’s office and knocked on the door. “Sensei?”

“Come in.” Takamina called out.

Yuki entered the room and made her way towards Takamina’s table. “Hi, sensei.”

“What is up with people coming into my room this late?” Takamina asked a rhetorical question before looking at Yuki. “What is it that you want now?”

“Oh, I came here to see if you need any help.” Yuki asked with a smile.

“And why do I need help suddenly?” Takamina was confused with Yuki’s sentence.

“You’re injured, sensei..” Yuki pointed at the bandage on Takamina’s arm. Yuki was simply too cute not to ignore. “I figured you would need some help with something.”

Takamina raised her brow. “Are you kidding me? I don’t need or want help.”

“Are you sure? Nothing at all?” Yuki tilted her head a little.

“No.” Takamina answered straight. “Get out.”

“Aww...” Yuki pouted and slowly made her way to the door. Though this scene was awfully familiar to Takamina.

“You hurt your foot, nee-chan! You should sit down! Let me help you do something!”

“It’s only a foot. There’s nothing for you to help, Minako...”

“But I want to help!”

“Alright then... Help me carry these books into the house.”

“Yay~!”

“Wait.” Takamina suddenly called out to Yuki.

“Yes, sensei!” Yuki turned her body around and smiled.

After letting out a loud sigh, Takamina continued. “Do you know where Ohori’s room is?”

“Ahh.. Ohori baachan’s room! Yes! It’s at the ground floor!”

“I have some documents that I have to pass to her. Can you do that for me?” Takamina asked as she placed her hand over some files.

“Of course!!” Yuki’s face brightened.

“It’s very heavy though.”

“I’m a strong girl, sensei! I can do it!” Yuki rushed towards Takamina’s desk and lifted the documents up. Takamina wasn’t lying. It was indeed quite heavy. Yuki literally struggled to hold up the documents but she insisted on going alone. “You can stay here and rest, Takamina sensei. I can do it by myself.”

As Yuki left the room, Takamina couldn’t help but to smile a little at Yuki’s determination. It was exactly like Minako’s. Takamina then took a peek outside her room as Yuki made her way towards the staircase at the end of the hallway. Takamina noticed that Yuki was tottering about, having difficulty walking while trying to balance the weights of the documents on her tiny hands. “Watch your step, kid!”

“I will-Woah!!” Yuki tripped on the steps as soon as she answered Takamina and fell down the stairs. All the way down, 15 steps of it. The documents scattered all over the place. On the last step, Yuki’s head came in contact with the concrete ground with a loud thud.

“Yuki!!” Takamina straight up dashed towards the stairs that lead to the ground floor to attend to Yuki immediately. She was completely motionless. Takamina turned Yuki’s body around and discovered that she was bleeding from her forehead. “Damn it, I told you to watch your step!”

Takamina sent her to the hospital and she had to be in the ward for three days. By the end of the first day, Yuki had already woken up. Takamina, Atsuko and Rena visited her definitely. Rena skipped class for a day just to stick by Yuki’s side and played with her, but of course Takamina didn’t like that. Yuki’s classmates visited her as well. There was once the doctor even needed to shoo Airin and Churi out of the room for arguing too loud. Three days later, Yuki was given the permission to check out of the hospital and head back to the Legion Academy. Takamina gave Yuki a whole week break to have a rest.

*knock knock*

“Come in.”

The door slowly opened and Yuki’s head popped up from the side. “Takamina sensei?” Her voice was still a little hoarse because of the medication she took earlier and that made her sounded even cuter than she already was.

The bandage on her head was still attracting Takamina’s attention. “You should be resting right now, Yuki. Your head is still injured.”

“Oh this?” Yuki touched her forehead a little. “It doesn’t hurt.”

“Yeah?” Takamina walked over and pressed on Yuki’s forehead a little.

“OUCH!!” Yuki flinched back and held her head in pain. She was in the verge of tears but she held it in.

“As I thought. You fell down the stairs, kid. There’s no way someone like you could stand the pain. Don’t try to act tough with me now. Go back to sleep. There’s no reason for you to be here. Besides, it’s way past bed time for a 7 year old kid.”

“But I have something important to do..” Yuki said with her hoarse voice.

“And that is?”

Yuki took out a box from her back and passed it to Takamina. “I want to thank you for taking me to the hospital, sensei.”

“.....” Takamina was not used to receiving gifts, what more from a 7 year old kid. “What’s this?”

“Animal Biscuits!!!” Yuki said loudly as she got excited.

“So....you got me biscuits as a sign of thank you...” Takamina was simply speechless with Yuki’s cute gift.

“Yup. Haruka baachan gave them to me this morning. So I’m giving them to you as a gift.” Yuki smiled widely.

Takamina crouched down to come eye to eye level with Yuki. “Alright, thanks for the animal biscuits, kid. I will eat them.”

“Yay!!” Yuki was cheerful that Takamina accepted her gift.

“Now go back to your room and rest.” Takamina ordered.

Instead of leaving, Yuki played around with her own fingers, fidgeting about, wanting to say something else. “Before I leave... C-Can I get a kiss on the forehead?”

“And why is that now?” Takamina asked.

“......My brother would always kiss my forehead before I head to sleep..” Yuki said.

“Mmmm....” Minako whined a little and tilted her head down.

Knowing what Minako wants, Takamina smiled and brushed Minako’s bangs up, revealing her wide forehead and landed a soft and tender kiss on it for a few seconds. “There’s your kiss.. Good night, Minako..”

“Good night, nee-chan..” Minako then went back to her room.

Without a second wasted, Takamina brushed Yuki’s bangs up and planted a kiss on her forehead. “Good night, kid.”

Yuki blushed and bowed 90 degree at Takamina. “Thank you, Takamina sensei..” and she dashed out the room being all shy.

Takamina chuckled to herself in disbelief as she looked upon Yuki leaving her room being dumbounded by Yuki. “How is possible that she is so much like MInako?”

Since that day, 7 months had passed and Rena finally got her chance to graduate as an official Reaper at the age of 14. One of the youngest Reaper ever in history. “I’m an official Reaper now!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!”

“Congratulations, Rena!” Atsuko hugged Rena and Takamina gave her a forced high 5.

“Congratulations, senpai.” Yuki smiled brightly at Rena and clapped her hands.

“Don’t worry, Yuki. You’ll get there..” Rena patted Yuki on the back.

“Wait a minute! I have a great suggestion!!” Rena placed her arm over both Atsuko and Takamina’s shoulders. “Let’s form a team!!”

Rena’s loud sentence attracted attention from everyone in the hall. If the three of them were to form a team, it could very well be the strongest team in Legion history ever. The hall was then filled with cheers for their team to be formed.

“What drug did you feed her this time, Atsuko?” Takamina gave Atsuko a look.

“Apparently, I placed a little too much sugar in her breakfast this morning. So she might be having a small case of sugar rush..” Atsuko answered.

“Just imagine this.. A team consisting of a legendary super badass Reaper, a brainiac Reaper and the youngest Reaper in history... Doesn’t that sound awesome!?” Rena hopped in excitement.

“Stop hallucinating, Rena.”

“We need a name for our team..” Rena started giving it a thought.

“Stop deciding for us!” Takamina raised her voice.

“How about Team Rena? It sounds nice, don’t you think so?” Rena let out a bright smile.

“What about Team Taka?” Atsuko added on.

“Atsuko, not you too!?” Takamina got frustrated.

“Team Taka!! Yes!! It has a nice ring to it! Team Taka!! The strongest team in Legion! We would be invincible!!!! And we will rule the world!!!!” Rena then let out a hysterical laugh.

“Oh my, this is getting a little out of hand.” Atsuko smiled and twitched her nose.

“Don’t make decisions for me, kid.” Takamina pointed her index finger at Rena.

Rena then poked Takamina’s finger with her very own index finger. “E.T. TOUCH! The seal is done! We’re a team now! Weee~!!”

“I said don’t make decisions for me!” Takamina shouted.

“Oh my...” Atsuko giggled at the sudden formation of Team Taka.

“I will get the team application form from Ohori baba! Wee~~~!!!” Rena started running off from the scene.

“I don’t believe this!” Takamina was dumbfounded.

“Think about it, Minami. It’ll be fun, don’t you think so? Just like when the three of us traveled together to find Legion. Like the old times.” Atsuko said.

“Ugh..” Takamina wasn’t too angry about it. She just doesn’t like people maing decisions for her. Forming a team has its own good points.

Yuki smiled and clapped at the formation of the new team, but somehow, she felt a little empty and depressed inside. She had a really good relation with the three of them and she didn’t want to get left out. But she was still too young and have at least a few more years before she could finally graduate. All she could do right now is just to be happy for them. Takamina who noticed the expression on Yuki’s face called out. “Yuki.”

“Huh?” Yuki looked back at Takamina.

“Come to my room now.” Takamina gestured.

“Okay..” Yuki nodded and followed Takamina back to her room.

While inside, Takamina took her seat and looked back at the 8 year old girl. “You’ve definitely improved in your theory examinations but your combat examination results are still very bad.. This can’t go on..”

“I’m sorry, Takamina sensei...” Yuki had her head down in guilt.

“I don’t accept apologies, Yuki. You know that. At the same time, I’m sick and tired of looking at your bad combat results. Every month, I have to go through the stress of looking at how low your grades were. It makes me want to gauge my eye out LITERALLY.”

Every mock from Takamina made Yuki feel smaller and smaller.

“So!”

That one word caught Yuki’s attention as she looked back up at Takamina.

“I’m gonna personally coach you in combat from now on, Yuki. If I don’t, you might end up not graduating for the rest of your life. Understood?”

Yuki’s face brightened. “Thank you, Takamina sensei!!” Yuki was definitely very happy with Takamina personally coaching her one on one.

Takamina raised her brow. “Why are you so happy about it? You should be pissing your pants right now, kid..”

As soon as Yuki heard that, she gulped. “W-Why?”

Takamina then tilted her whole body down and stared right into Yuki’s eyes from a few inch away. “Because my training will have a risk of dying.. literally.”

That was when a shiver ran up Yuki’s spine. “D-D-Die!?”

“If you’re strong and able to act fast, then of course you won’t.. But if you’re slow and weak, you might end up dead. And I’m not playing around with you, Yuki. If I’m gonna train you, I will make sure you end up being the best fighter in Legion, you get me?”

“G-Got it, sensei!!”

“Your mind have to be strong during the training. I will be extremely strict with you. I will scold you, beat you to a pulp, mock you, everything I can to break you.. If you can’t stand any of those, then you’re not worth my time.. Understood?” Takamina said.

“Understood!”

And then Yuki’s one on one training with Takamina started. There was no questioning that Takamina’s training was intense and usually way overboard. There were a few times that Yuki literally thought of giving up, but she still hung on to it. Yuki was already a few months into Takamina’s training. Just not too long ago, Takamina brought Yuki out to the forest to train.

“Phew...” Yuki laid on the ground exhausted from the amount of push ups she just did.

“Pack up the stuff. We’re heading back now.” Takamina said.

That was when Takamina heard the sound of a whimper. Curious, she looked around and saw something in a distance, so she decided to check on it. Once there, she saw a husky laying on the ground motionless with a tree trunk fallen on top of its body. A baby husky was desperately trying to pull it out from underneath the tree but to no avail. The scene reminded her so much about herself when she was younger, how she was unable to lift the concrete beam. She walked closer and stepped in front of the dead husky. She then activated her sword and wrenched the tree trunk out of the way with ease, allowing the baby husky to cuddle itself against the adult husky. The baby was whimpering and crying as it shot a look at Takamina. She usually had no compassion over these things but this one is different. This baby reminded her so much about herself, so she picked the baby husky up.

“Ooo... A husky.” Yuki stated. “And it’s a boy.. Are you gonna bring him home, sensei?”

“Yes.”

“What are you gonna name him then?” Yuki asked.

“Bark! Bark!” A bark was heard from within her house as a husky ran out and jumped on Takamina. As the dog was really big, the weight pushed Takamina down on the ground. The husky began licking Takamina’s face again and again as Rena and Minako stood there laughing at the scene.

“Hey, that’s enough, Juliet! Stop!” Takamina tried to push the female husky away a couple of times just to end up on top of Takamina once again.

“Your name will be Romeo from now on..” Takamina said as she wiped the tears off the baby husky’s eyes. “I will take care of you.”

“Romeo sounds nice..” Yuki smiled.

“You wanna hold him?” Takamina passed baby Romeo to Yuki.

“Ah.. Uhmm....” As Yuki held Romeo on her hands, he stared back at her face and wagged his tail while Yuki simply blinked her eyes blankly. “Hello there..”

“Let’s go home..” Takamina said as they both headed home with a new pet Romeo.

Days became months, and months became years. She started at the bottom rank of 246. Three years later, she came up all the way to 12th place. But that still didn’t earn her a spot in the top 10 yet. How time flies. Yuki is already 11 years old. Everyone was surprised that Yuki’s combat examination results improved drastically. So far, nobody had ever improved as much as Yuki did. But Takamina still wasn’t impressed the slight bit. She knew Yuki could have done much better in combat. She wanted the best from Yuki.

“12th place!? Pathetic!” Takamina scolded as she met her student in the training room.

“It’s still an improvement..”

“Improvement so what? You could have done so much better. I know it. You just didnt push yourself hard enough.” Takamina replied. “Forget it.. Today I will teach you how to improve your senses..”

”Senses?” Yuki tilted her head.

“I will demonstrate first.” Takamina took out a blindfold from her pocket and covered her own eyes. She then got into her combat position. “Come at me with anything you have.”

“Uhm... You’re not eqquiped with any weapons though..” Yuki stated.

“I don’t need a weapon to be able to take down someone of your level, kid.”

Yuki felt mocked by Takamina’s statement. “Then I’ll come at you with full force, sensei!” Yuki then propelled herself towards Takamina in a fast speed and attempted a slash. To her surprise, Takamina was able to dodge the slash successfully despite being blindfolded. She grabbed onto Yuki’s collar and threw her towards the wall.

“You’re not fast enough, Yuki! You need to be faster!”

“Ugh..” Yuki got herself back up and went in for a slash again, only to miss one more time, but this time, she didn’t give Takamina the chance to attack her.

“That’s it! That’s it!” Takamina praised while dodging at the same time. Yuki was still amazed at how Takamina could dodge every single one of her slashes without even looking. That time, Takamina managed to place her palm on the side of Yuki’s sword and redirected the slash onto the ground, causing Yuki to trip over. She then gave Yuki a headbutt on the nose, causing the taller girl to fall. “Not bad for someone of your level. But you still can improve a lot more.”

“Ugh....” Yuki groaned from the headbutt.

Takamina then took out her blindfold and tossed it at Yuki. “Now you try this.”

“For real!?” Yuki definitely didn’t want to because she knew she would get beaten to a pulp.

“Put it on, Yuki.” Takamina repeated again.

Reluctantly, Yuki put on the blindfold. “Done.”

“Now, concentrate everything to your other senses.. Listen to the sound of the wind movement.. Feel it smoothly gliding through your skin.. We spent so much time together, so you should know how I smell, kid. Search using your nose too. Sniff in once in a while.”

“I’ll try.”

“There is no trying. Do it.” Takamina cracked her fingers. Uh-oh. Takamina cracking her fingers meant that she would go all out. That was definitely bad for Yuki. “Ready?”

“Wait! Wait! Wait!” Yuki was not ready yet. As if Takamina cares.

“Here I come!” Takamina dashed towards Yuki and in an instant, she was already in front of Yuki. She immediately landed a strong punch on her stomach and sent her crashing onto the wall.

“Ugh!!” Yuki did not even have the time to stand herself back up and Takamina was already in front of her face.

“Get up!” Takamina released an uppercut on Yuki’s chin and punched her on the face. There wasn’t even any time for Yuki to react at all. Takamina was just releasing punch after punch and kick after kick without even stopping. Yuki stood no chance at all despite being the one with the weapon. It hurts so much. Every single one of Takamina’s punches and kicks were comparable to hammer strikes. The blow was so heavy that she felt the force of it piercing through her body. Finally, Yuki couldn’t stand it anymore. Her body was breaking apart. The pain was excruciating.

“STOP! STOP! *cough cough**gack*” Yuki fell down on her knees, panting her heart out from the knee kick. She held her stomach as her strength completely drained from her body from Takamina’s continuous attacks. Yuki was bruised all over her face and body. This may just be a training but Takamina was not showing her any mercy at all. Yuki pulled out the blindfold off.

Takamina lowered her swords. “Stop?”

“*cough cough* I...can’t take any of this anymore. *cough* It hurts...” Yuki coughed again and again.

“It’s not over yet, Yuki. You’re still in the early phase of training.” Takamina replied strictly. “What happened to all your determination? You had so much willpower when you first came in.”

“I can’t... I really can’t.. It hurts like hell.. I’m serious! I need time out..” Yuki coughed another time.

“Time out? You never needed a time out, Yuki. You’re just not motivated enough!”

“I can’t stand it! No more of this please! It hurts like hell already, I feel like my body is breaking apart!” Yuki groaned as her rib still hurt from the powerful knee kick. She stood herself up and tottered her way towards the exit.

Angered by Yuki’s broken determnation, Takamina voiced out. “Yea, that’s what I thought... Go ahead and leave.... Just like the coward you are.”

Yuki stopped in her tracks suddenly. She wasn’t a coward. She refused to be branded a coward by Takamina. But this training was way too much for her to handle. Her body was aching badly. After giving it some thought, Yuki still decided to leave even after being mocked.

“Now I can see why your brother died. You’re weak, kid!”

Yuki stopped once again. Her ear twitched and she answered softly as her fist curled into a ball of fist. “I’m not....”

“You stood there like an idiot and watch your own brother die, Yuki! You’re worthless! Pathetic! Instead of motivating yourself to be stronger, you dare complain about being in too much pain. You’re just a sloth, Yuki. WEAK!”

“I AM NOT WEAK!!!!” Yuki dashed over and swung her Judgement sword on Takamina. Her eyes full of tears, not wanting to hear anymore of this. For a second, Takamina was shocked by Yuki’s speed. Takamina had almost no time at all to hop out of the way, so she activated another Judgement and defended against the attack instead.

“See? For a moment, I literally couldn’t catch on to your speed, Yuki. You could even force me to use my Judgement to block.. You could be so much better, but you don’t want to push yourself over the limit!” Takamina parried Yuki’s sword attack and slammed her head on the wall. Her head came closer to Yuki’s ears. “Look at you now.. Haven’t I told you that I hate seeing tears, huh!? Crying like a baby over someone who is already dead. You’re a bloody disgrace to your family, Yuki. I’m sure they are feeling very disappointed in you.”

“SHUT UPP!!!!” Yuki elbowed Takamina hard and swung her swords at Takamina once again. “I am not weak!”

Takamina blocked Yuki’s attack. “THEN PROVE TO ME THAT YOU ARE NOT WEAK! THAT YOU ARE STRONG! DON’T QUIT!” She then headbutted Yuki, tripping her over and slammed her onto the ground, earning a groan from the taller girl. “Learn to let your tears flow in the form of strength and determination instead. I don’t wanna see your tears again! Understand?”

Yuki wiped her tears away and nodded at Takamina. It was that point in Yuki’s life that she had decided not to be a weakling anymore. She wanted to be a strong fighter like Takamina, or even stronger. No more pulling back. No more giving up. It’s all hardwork and pure determination from here on.

“Now up.” Takamina helped Yuki up once again. “Don’t you dare quit on me again, kid. I have high hopes on you.”

Yuki then put on the blindfold again, being more determined than ever. She gave her 100% concentration this time. “I’m ready now.”

“Then I’m gonna come at full force again. Defend every single one of my attacks if you can.” Takamina cracked her fingers before ambushing Yuki from the back with a punch.

To Takamina’s surprise, Yuki turned her body back and managed blocked against the punch with the side of her sword while still having the blindfold on. That made Takamina smile a little. “You’re starting to get the hang of it, but you still need to be much faster. What you lack in is strength, so pump it up on your speed instead.” Takamina then landed a successful punch on Yuki’s shoulder before kicking her right on her face.

That sent her flying few feet away. She was groaning on the ground. “Ugh....”

Takamina felt that the previous kick was a little too rough on the 11 year old girl. Looking at Yuki suffering so much like this, Takamina shook her head in disappointment and decided to call it a day. “You look like you’re gonna die. We end here today.”

Yuki slowly got back up. “Again...”

“....” Takamina wasn’t expecting for that. She thought the kick would be enough to knock her out but instead she was still standing. “As you wish.” She punched Yuki on the face and on the stomach and then a kick on her rib. That sent Yuki crashing towards a wall once again. Takamina was sure that this attack was definitely enough to take her down.

“Uweekkk...” Yuki started coughing out blood.

Noticing the blood, Takamina decided to end it. “Alright, That’s enough for today. We’ll continue tomorrow.”

“Continue now...” Yuki stood back up once again with her chin smeared with blood.

“What?” Takamina was surprised that Yuki could even stand herself up. She was well aware of how much strength she was using against Yuki. That amount of strength exerted should have been more than enough to take down an 11 year old girl with ease. By this time, she should have fallen flat on the ground but there she was, still standing. “You do know that as long as you’re standing, I’m gonna continue, right?”

“C-Come...” Yuki said with a weak voice.

Takamina clenched her fist and swung another punch at Yuki. Yuki screamed and tilted her head to the side to avoid the attack before using the sword to deflect her fist away. Bear in mind that Yuki was still blindfolded at this point. Not only did she withstood all Takamina’s heavy punches, she still managed to counter her once in this state. Takamina then landed an elbow strike on Yuki’s chest that caused her to fall onto the ground.

“UGHHH............” Yuki groaned.

“Have you had enough today, or do you still want to go on?” Takamina asked.

“Uweekkkk........” Yuki coughed out some blood from her mouth.

“Fine. That’s enough for today then..” Truthfully speaking, Takamina was hoping that Yuki stayed on the ground like that.

*CLANG!*

To Takamina’s surprise, Yuki balanced herself up with her sword and slowly pointed it at Takamina’s face. “C-Continue...”

Now, Takamina is simply astonished. Just minutes ago, Yuki was giving up, and now, she kept on going even after so many strikes from Takamina. Just where did she suddenly get so much willpower from? “If this continues, you would die, you know that right? You really want me to beat you to death, don’t you? In this state, you can’t even hear for me or block my attacks anymore.”

“THEN I’LL JUST RECIEVE IT ALL!” Yuki screamed at the top of her lungs. “I......want to prove.....that I am not weak.... I can still withstand....500 of your punches.....” Yuki’s body started swaying left to right.

“500 punches, huh?” Takamina raised her brow. “Don’t regret this, kid..”

“I....won’t...” Yuki weakly raised her sword at Takamina. “I....was stupid to even think of giving up.. Very.....stupid....”

Takamina clenched her fist. “Very well!!” Respecting Yuki’s decision, she released a kick on Yuki’s arm.

“Argh!!” The force of the kick literally sent Yuki flying far away and broke her arm. “Ughh.....”

“That’s more than enough to take you d-” Takamina was suddenly interrupted by Yuki who was standing up once again. Takamina was amazed and shocked at the same time. “Are you serious........”

“As long as I have the energy to stand, I will never give up ever again!!!! COME AT ME!!!!!!!” Yuki used the final ounce of energy within her to scream her heart out.

Being incredibly satisfied by Yuki’s determination, Takamina decided to end this training according to Yuki’s way. “Well said!! I will grant your wish!” As Takamina made her way towards Yuki once again, the young girl fell down flat on the ground right away. She was finally knocked out cold.

“.....” Takamina stopped and shook her head at Yuki. She walked over and looked at the blindfolded girl laying on the ground. Her chin was smeared with her own blood. She then piggy backed the heavily injured girl.

“.....” Yuki was laying behind Takamina’s back peacefully. She had exerted a little too much energy today and she deserved some good night sleep. Perhaps Takamina punched and kicked her way too hard. She was still in the process of learning.

“You’re improving a lot, Yuki.. I’m gonna have to say that I’m very impressed.. Your willpower is so strong.. All you needed to do was a little push and you’ll be forcing it out by yourself. You have a lot of potential and you’re very smart. You can definitely be stronger.. I can see that in you. Keep this up and you’ll soon be at the top of the rankings...”

Takamina sent Yuki to the hospital for treatment. Apparently, this time Takamina did a little too much damage on Yuki. This was by far Yuki’s worst injury. She suffered a a total of 9 broken rib, a broken arm, a fractured arm and leg and a slightly dislocated jaw. She had to stay in the hospital for a whole month to heal completely. Five days had passed and Yuki was still in deep sleep. She was definitely having a very good sleep because she was snoring most of the time.

“Good job, Minami.. Really good job..” Atsuko shook her head.

“Yeah, Minami~ Really good job~” Rena who was standing beside Atsuko imitated. She wasa holding onto a packet of melon pan which she will feast on during the mission later.

“Don’t question my ways..” Takamina merely brushed them off.

“Your ways or not, you definitely went way overboard, Minami. Just look at her now. Look at the amount of cast and bandages on her.” Atsuko said with a frustrated tone.

“Yeah! She’s wrapped up like a mummy!” Rena added.

“She wanted to be strong. She kept coming at me. She didn’t want to give up even after I broke her arm. Even after having her bones broken like that, she begged me to continue. She told me that as long as she has the energy to stand up, she will not give up. Hearing her saying those words, it will hurt her pride if I were to hold back. Atsuko, you know me. I’m a strong fighter.. And as a strong fighter, I have to respect her determination. It was the most impressive thing I’ve ever seen.” Takamina explained.

All Atsuko could do was to sigh loudly. “I do understand, Minami... Maybe you should stay here with Yuki for today. I will take Rena alone for the mission.”

“Alright.” Takamina nodded and called. “Rena, come here.”

“What is it?” Rena walked closer to Takamina.

Without another word, Takamina snatched the melon pan out of Rena’s grip.

“Hey, that’s my melon pan!!” Rena complained.

“Not anymore. Yuki has yet to eat anything. I’m giving this to her when she wakes up.”

“But that’s mine!” Rena raised her voice. “You can’t just take my melon pan away from me! It’s my melon pan! MINE!”

“I can and already did. Get out of my face before I lock you up in a cage, Rena.” Takamina shot a glare.

“I HATE YOU!!” Rena punched Takamina on her shoulder and stormed out of the ward.

“My my...” Atsuko giggled at Rena’s childishness for being upset over a simple melon pan. “I’ll see you tonight, Minami. Look after Yuki nicely, ok?” She then left the room and went on a mission with Rena.

Minutes later, Yuki woke up and slowly glanced throughout the whole room and noticed Takamina sitting beside her bed with her eyes closed. She called out weakly. “Sensei?”

Hearing Yuki’s voice, Takamina opened her eyes to come in contact with the girl who just woke up from her injury. “You’re awake.”

Yuki looked a little down for some reason. “I’m sorry, sensei.”

Takamina rasied her brow. “For what?”

“For not being able to withstand 500 punches... I’m disappointed in myself. I was all talk..”

“Yuki. You know I’m a very blunt person so I’m gonna tell you straight on. No human being could survive even thirty strikes from me when I use full force. You’re 11 this year and you withstood 3 elbow strikes, 4 knee strikes, 11 punches, and 7 kicks from me. All full force. To tell you truthfully, I expected you to fall from the fourth punch, but you didn’t. You stood up and at one point still managed to deflect my attack. Impressive, kid. A lot of potential. That’s just what I like to see from you.”

“I want to promise you something, sensei...” Yuki weakly voiced out.

“What is it?”

Yuki weakly said in a hoarse voice. “I will grow up to be the stongest Reaper you have ever seen, sensei.. Your teachings.. I won’t let it go to waste.. From now on, I will push myself past the limits. I will train everyday and get 1st in combat ranking..”

“That’s nice to hear, but you’re heavily injured. You’ll be laying here for the whole month and you’ll be skipping this month’s combat exam.”

“What? No.... I’m gonna attend it.”

“No, you’re not. There’s no way you can score high with your body condition like that.” Takamina pointed out.

“I want to attend it!” Yuki raised her voice.

“No, you’re not attending it! You’re gonna fail miserably taking the combat exam in this state. You know just how much I hated seeing your score being so low so don’t even think about it.”

“This is important to me.”

Takamina stood up in anger. “I said no! Don’t challenge me, Minako!”

“M-Minako?” Yuki became confused.

Takamina realized her mistake and immedaitely changed the name. “I meant Yuki. Not Minako..”

“....” Yuki understood Takamina probably didn’t want her to attend the exam because she actually cares for her. From that last sentence, Yuki knew that Takamina saw her little sister within her, so she could totally understand Takamina’s feelings right now. “So I’m delayed for another month?”

“One month delay is nothing, kid. It’s better than getting yourself crippled for the rest of your life.”

“I guess I have no other choice..” Yuki sighed.

“Good to hear then.” Takamina then took out the melon pan she snatched from Rena. “You must be hungry now.”

“Ugh...” Yuki then shifted herself a little. She couldn’t move much from the castings on both her arms and legs.

“Stop moving.” Takamina adjusted the bed angle to a sitting position. “I’ll feed you. So, don’t move.”

“F-Feed me? But....I’m gonna feel guilty about it....” Yuki felt a little guilty for having Takamina feed her the melon pan.

“You think so? Then eat this by yourself.” Takamina tossed the melonpan on Yuki’s stomach.

“....” Obviously, all Yuki could do is simply stare at it. She couldn’t hold it since both her arms were casted.

“Well!?” Takamina raised her voice. “You will feel guilty, right? Pick it up and eat it then!  What’s wrong? Go ahead.”

“I......can’t reach it.” Yuki said in a soft voice, regretting her choice of words earlier.

“So do you want to feel guilty or do you want to eat?” Takamina asked.

“Eat.” Yuki answered in a timid voice, losing the verbal battle. There was no way anybody could win a verbal battle with the fierce Takahashi Minami except for Atsuko.

Without another word, Takamina removed the melon pan from the packet and slowly placed it inside Yuki’s mouth. Yuki still couldn’t munch properly from her recently dislocated jaw. Her jaw just got relaligned not too long ago, so she chewed her food slowly. Takamina was very attentive just like how an older sister wouls treat her younger sister. She would wipe off any bread crumbs that fell out from Yuki’s mouth and she would help her drink some water once in a while. Soon after, the melon pan was gone. “All done.”

“Thank you, sensei...” Yuki shot a sweet smile. No matter what Takamina did to her, Yuki could never find a reason to hate her teacher. Sure thing, Takamina was way too violent on her training and even mocked her badly but that was all for her to be much stronger and be able to fight for herself without needing assistance. All so that she will not die a regrettable death just like Minako did. From the very first day Takamina laid eyes on Yuki, she felt it and had decided on one thing. Takamina would do anything at all to prevent herself from seeing her younger sister die twice.

By the hillside

“Ugh!!!!” Rena kicked the rock, sending it flying high into the sky.

“Rena.. It’s just a melon pan..”

Rena turned her head back at Atsuko. “It’s not just a melon pan. It’s my melon pan! She snatched it from me and gave it to someone else!! UGHHH!!!!! And that Yuki. She’s a traitor!” Rena kicked every single rock the saw.

“Yuki was laying on the bed motionless. How is that her fault?” Atsuko smiled and shook her head.

“Minami nee-chan stole my melon pan for her!” Rena puffed her cheeks.

“Rena please..” Atsuko tried convincing but it doesn’t seem to enter Rena’s ears.

“Yuki this! Yuki that! Yuki here! Yuki there! UGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!” Rena kicked another rock, this time, using all her strength. The kick was so strong that the stone got embedded inside a tree trunk.

“I smell jealousy..” Atsuko giggled. Well, she couldn’t blame Rena for being mad at this since Takamina had not spent much time with Rena lately.

“Which kid in the world doesn’t like attention!?” Rena pouted.

Atsuko smiled and shook her head. “Rena, Yuki is just 11 this year.. you’re 17. Give her a break, will you?”

“Hmph!!” Rena turned her head away from Atsuko. As Rena stood by the edge of the cliff, she screamed at the top of her lungs. “UGHHH!!!!! I HATE YOUUUU MINAMI NEE-CHAN!!!!! AND YUKI YOU TRAITOR!!! GIVE ME BACK MY MELON PANNN!!!!”

Seeing Rena being so melodramatic, Atsuko suddenly decided on one thing. “Hmm.. How about we do something interesting today?”

“We’re going on a mission..” Rena was still sulking. “What so interesting about that?”

“Forget about the mission for now... The mission can wait.” Atsuko winked.

“Oooo..... What kind of things?” Rena’s eyes sudenly glittered. She really does get distracted very easily.

“Bad things...”

“Ooooo....... What kind of bad things!? How bad!?” Rena got excited all of a sudden.

“Bad enough to get us both exiled from Legion...” Atsuko smiled.

“OH MY GOD, LET’S DO IT!” Rena started hopping around.

“Well, let’s go then!” Atsuko clapped her hands once.

“GO! GO! GO!” Rena screamed in excitement.

Atsuko then led Rena into the forest. After about an hour hiking, they both stopped in the tracks suddenly. “This is the place.”

“So what bad thing is there to do here?” Rena asked.

Atsuko pointed up at a tree silently as Rena looked at that direction as well. She noticed someone sitting there silently, staring at the sunset. Being too excited about the person, Rena called out. “Hello there! You must be the bad person!”

Hearing Rena’s call, the person turned back and two red eyes stared back at her.

Rena got on guard suddenly. “Wow, wait a minute.. Is that a.....Spectre?”

“Jurina?” Atsuko called out.

“Jurina is her name? Wait, you know this Spectre!?” Rena was shocked with this revelation. Only then, Rena’s eyes widened and pointed at Atsuko, knowing what the ‘bad thing’ finally is. “Oh my god, Atsu nee-chan!!”

“Shhh.. Not too loud, Rena. We don’t want anybody knowing this fact, okay? Even Minami cannot know. Understand?” Atsuko stated.

“Oh, Atsu nee-chan... I didn’t know you were this naughty~~” Rena released a few playful punch on Atsuko’s shoulder.

As the Spectre hopped down from the tree, the light shone on her whole body, lightening her facial and body features. There was a small drone sitting on her shoulder. She remained in her position and stared at Atsuko before staring at Rena. “Who is this girl, Atsuko?”

Atsuko then introduced them. “Rena, meet Jurina. Jurina, meet Rena.”

“HI!! I’m Matsui Rena! I’m 17 this year!” Rena waved excitedly as this was her first time facing a Spectre without fighting.

“Oh boy... The group is getting bigger and bigger..” A robotic voice sounded over the drone.

“Oooo.....” Rena’s eyes glittered. “And that little drone on the shoulder? A friend of yours too, Atsu nee-chan?”

“That drone belongs to a Cyber named Mayu.” Atsuko said.

“Atsu nee-chan, how dare you keep this a secret!” Rena puffed her cheeks. “I always wanted weird friends!”

“Weird friends?” Mayu voiced out. “First, you’re the weird one around. Second, let’s not act like we’re THAT close yet, shall we?”

“You’re both Atsu nee-chan’s friends, so you’re my friends by default too!” Rena exclaimed before asking Atsuko. “So how did you both know each other?”

“I met them both two years back. Apparently, we have something in common, so instead of fighting it off, we sort of discussed a little about it and from that day on, we would meet around this area once in a while to have a friendly chat..”

“Ooo.... What thing in common??” Rena asked.

“The fact that I believe all three species can live together in harmony. If that is possible, then there’s no reason to risk our lives anymore, Rena. We can all go back to our childhood lives. The peaceful life.. Do you understand?”

Rena blinked at Atsuko’s explanation. Atsuko wasn’t sure if Rena heard her or not. Rena merely shrugged and turned back at Jurina. “Hey, let’s go fishing together sometime!”

“.....” Jurina was blinking her eyes being confused with Rena’s random blurt.

Atsuo smmiled and shook her head. “Why did I even explain so much..”

“Well?? Well?? Well??” With every ‘well’, Rena took a step closer to Jurina.

“This girl is weird, Jurina. I have never seen a human acting like that. Certainly an interesting specimen..” Mayu said.

As Rena got closer to Jurina, she lost her smile suddenly. She stared right into Jurina’s eyes for the longest time ever before opening her mouth. “Why are you unhappy?”

“Ho.. This is interesting..” Mayu voiced out.

“Excuse me?” Jurina raised her brow.

“Your eyes... They look dead..” Rena pointed out. “For someone who’s jolly all the time like me, I could always tell when someone is unhappy. Their eyes would look dead just like yours... I’ve never seen a Spectre having these eyes before.. Usually, they would look menacing and full of lust to kill. Your eyes on the other hand.....”

“What’s wrong with my eyes?” Jurina asked.

“They’re asking for help... You don’t like this life, don’t you?” Rena continued.

Atsuko smiled a little at the fact that Rena could actually be mature at times like thesewhispered to herself. “Rena, that kid.. She’s growing..”

Rena suddenly grabbed onto Jurina’s arms. “Don’t worry, Jurina! I have the perfect medicine for you!”

“....” Jurina was still confused about this matter.

“All you need is to fill yourself with happiness.. I can give you that happiness!” Rena hopped away and pointed.

“You giving me happiness? What do you mean?”

“Cakes!!” Rena shouted out.

“What!?” Atsuko, Jurina and Mayu sounded simultaneously.

“Cakes are happiness! Especially chocolate cakes! I will buy cakes for you everyday to eat! Eat them everyday and you’ll never feel sad and troubled again in your life!”

“This girl must be borderline retard.” Mayu sighed.

Atsuko giggled. “Rena, cakes are not happiness.”

“Yes, it is!” Rena exclaimed. “When was the last time you saw someone cry when feasting on a cake?”

“Uhh..” Atsuko was giving it a thought.

“Never!” Rena shouted once again. “Even if that person was crying, it was definitely tears of happiess!! So, by default, cakes are happiness!”

“Uhh...” Jurina was about to say something before she was silenced with Rena pointing her finger at her face.

“I’ll make you happy with cakes!” Rena then clinged her arm onto Jurina and twitched her nose. “And we’re gonna be best friends.”

“Oh my..” Atsuko giggled.

With her arm still clinging onto Jurina, Rena called out. “Atsu nee-chan, can I meet Jurina from now on!?”

“Sure you can.. But you have to make sure Minami doesn’t find out about this, alright?”

“Yay!! We’re gonna be super duper hyper ultra best friends, Jurina!!” Rena said with a smile and a nose twitch.

Mayu then voiced over the drone. “Oh boy, things will get a little messy from now on..”

Chapter 13 : The History Of Team Taka - The Birth of the Strongest Team
END

Things will elevate from here on~ The next chapter will be the second last chapter in the Team Taka History storyline, then I will continue with the main storyline. You will see how this hisstory connect to the main storyline. In the next chapter, there will be some revelations and some of the puzzle pieces will start to connect and become clearer.. Why? Because the next chapter, Chapter 14 will be entitled as The History Of Team Taka - The Mysterious Black Button. Stay tuned~!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:53:35 PM by kevinwkl »

Offline deguchi

• Member+
  • try to open up my self
Re: [Atsuko_love's fanfic] The Ultimatum (CHAPTER 13)(18/8/2015 UPDATE!)
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2015, 04:33:05 PM »
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will back later!!!!!!
---@

aah I think I know what happened next..

The moments of Takapapa n little Yuki-chan <3 :3 <3

so Acchan, Mayu, Jurina, huh...also Rena already got interest over Juju

Yuko let go of her Alpha, cause of Taka

Love this one! Thanks author-san!!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:49:35 AM by deguchi »
just love to read alot of fiction story

Offline ttwm123

• Member+
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2015, 04:51:37 PM »
rena is cute~~~~~
XDXDXDXD

Offline kuro_black29

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (´∀`)♡ WmatsuixMayuki (Blackdawnindisguise)
« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »
*save spots

Continue the spazzing..haha

“DEAR!!! OH MY GOD!! KYAAAA~!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!! I CAN’T CONTAIN MYSELF!!” Rena hug squeezed Yuki and then stretched her face hard, trying to contain all the feels. “ROOOOOAARRRRR!!!!!!!! TOO CUTE!!!!!!!”

“S-Senpai....” Yuki was literally suffering while sitting beside her childish senior. She couldn’t possibly take in all Rena’s hyper actions. Despite being much older than Yuki, Rena was definitely the more childish one.   

Urghhhhhh...the feel..straight strucking to my heart..i know the feeling rena..i feel ya

“Atsu nee-chan, how dare you keep this a secret!” Rena puffed her cheeks. “I always wanted weird friends!”

“Weird friends?” Mayu voiced out. “First, you’re the weird one around. Second, let’s not act like we’re THAT close yet, shall we?”

“You’re both Atsu nee-chan’s friends, so you’re my friends by default too!” Rena exclaimed before asking Atsuko.

LOL...says the one who were the most weirdest in the group.=='

Rena blinked at Atsuko’s explanation. Atsuko wasn’t sure if Rena heard her or not. Rena merely shrugged and turned back at Jurina. “Hey, let’s go fishing together sometime!”

“This girl is weird, Jurina. I have never seen a human acting like that. Certainly an interesting specimen..” Mayu said.

As Rena got closer to Jurina, she lost her smile suddenly. She stared right into Jurina’s eyes for the longest time ever before opening her mouth. “Why are you unhappy?”

“Your eyes... They look dead..” Rena pointed out. “For someone who’s jolly all the time like me, I could always tell when someone is unhappy. Their eyes would look dead just like yours... I’ve never seen a Spectre having these eyes before.. Usually, they would look menacing and full of lust to kill. Your eyes on the other hand.....”

“They’re asking for help... You don’t like this life, don’t you?” Rena continued.

Atsuko smiled a little at the fact that Rena could actually be mature at times like thesewhispered to herself. “Rena, that kid.. She’s growing..”

Rena suddenly grabbed onto Jurina’s arms. “Don’t worry, Jurina! I have the perfect medicine for you!”

“All you need is to fill yourself with happiness.. I can give you that happiness!” Rena hopped away and pointed.

“Cakes are happiness! Especially chocolate cakes! I will buy cakes for you everyday to eat! Eat them everyday and you’ll never feel sad and troubled again in your life!”

“Yes, it is!” Rena exclaimed. “When was the last time you saw someone cry when feasting on a cake?”

“Never!” Rena shouted once again. “Even if that person was crying, it was definitely tears of happiess!! So, by default, cakes are happiness!”

“Uhh...” Jurina was about to say something before she was silenced with Rena pointing her finger at her face.

“I’ll make you happy with cakes!” Rena then clinged her arm onto Jurina and twitched her nose. “And we’re gonna be best friends.”

With her arm still clinging onto Jurina, Rena called out. “Atsu nee-chan, can I meet Jurina from now on!?”

“Sure you can.. But you have to make sure Minami doesn’t find out about this, alright?”

“Yay!! We’re gonna be super duper hyper ultra best friends, Jurina!!” Rena said with a smile and a nose twitch.

Mayu then voiced over the drone. “Oh boy, things will get a little messy from now on..” “Atsu nee-chan, how dare you keep this a secret!” Rena puffed her cheeks. “I always wanted weird friends!”

“You’re both Atsu nee-chan’s friends, so you’re my friends by default too!” Rena exclaimed before asking Atsuko. “So how did you both know each other?”

“I met them both two years back. Apparently, we have something in common, so instead of fighting it off, we sort of discussed a little about it and from that day on, we would meet around this area once in a while to have a friendly chat..”

“Ooo.... What thing in common??” Rena asked.

“The fact that I believe all three species can live together in harmony. If that is possible, then there’s no reason to risk our lives anymore, Rena. We can all go back to our childhood lives. The peaceful life.. Do you understand?”

LOL RENA

Mayu then voiced over the drone. “Oh boy, things will get a little messy from now on..”

They sure do mayu...they sure do...'sigh

i wonder how Jurina open herself to annoying cheerful rena..lol

Thanks kevin san  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:51:17 PM by kuro_black29 »
Live in the land of mist..nahh just kidding..
Live in the land of Wmatsui and Mayuki...
World of fantasy..World of Lalaland~

(っ´▽`)っWmatsui~Mayuki ♡ (。’∀’。)

Tend to forget things but not mah fav author and fics

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• Starting to become addicted to Keyakizaka46.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • If Neru's my sugar fix, Nen's my guilty pleasure
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2015, 06:42:46 PM »
*Thinks that FuruYanagi die some horrible, horrible way*

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #170 on: August 19, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »
Lol rena was jealous over yuki
But nevermind rena,now you have jurina
So that's how they meet,
Next chapter will be interesting ones,and can i have wmatsui lovey dovey there? Lol
And how atsuko and rena became spectre
Lot of chapter...i guess
Also we still had problem after the history chapter end! It's the cyber!! They will kidnapp paruru and mayu!!

Offline Celashcole

• ecchi
  • Everything starts from zero
    • Celashcole
    • Celashcole
« Reply #171 on: August 19, 2015, 12:22:26 PM »
Lol, Takamina took Yuki's melon pan?
That's definetely not good xD
Huehuehuehue~ I smell WMatsui there~
Update soon~

Offline kevinwkl

• Honmayan!~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Acchan 4eva~ <3
« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »
BEHOLD, THE TAKAYUKI FOREHEAD KISS DONE BY CLUBHAPPY~  :heart: :heart:
THANK YOU CHI SOOOO MUCH FOR THIS WONDERFUL FANART XD

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2015, 03:38:37 PM »
Ah... Rena was so jealous of Minami being too close to Yuki... thinking of Yuki as her sister

While Rena has been ignored most of the time since Minami started to train Yuki

Eh... Atsuko has secret from Minami.... being friends with a spectre, Jurina and a cyber, Mayu

Mayu and Jurina were Atsuko's friends wishing for harmonies between all the 3 colonies

But Minami would not think it that way.

Because of the death of her parents and her beloved sister Minako

But Rena seems to have no problem being Jurina and Mayu friends

What's going to happen next?

Can't wait to find out

Thank you for the update

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline Ren-kun

• Atsumina and Kojiyuu shipper
« Reply #174 on: August 19, 2015, 06:08:37 PM »
YOUR FANFIC IS SO AMAZING AUTHOR-SAN!! I FEEL LIKE I'M WATCHING ANIME WHEN I'M READING IT!..  :farofflook:

the characters are so well written that I can clearly imagine them saying their lines..like Mayu calling Yuki "love" (which somehow reminds me of Captain Jack Sparrow but it suits her Nezumi character so it's actually good), Minami being tsundere (there are too few fanfics where she's the tsundere one) and being a strict and scary trainer (which suits her soukantoku role perfectly), Atsuko being motherly and still loving food, etc..
the description of each setting and the fight scenes are also good..  :twothumbs

and i love everything in this chapter..Atsuko's sass when talking to Minami, Yuki being adorable, Rena being a hyperactive kid and the ultimate AtsuMina shipper, the almost kiss of AtsuMina (which almost gave me a heart attack tbh), wittle puppy Romeo..everything is so good~..  :nya:

Atsuko and Minami's characters somehow makes me think of ShizNat..
I'm curious how Minami will react when Yuki grows taller than her tho..  :wahaha:

all of Clubhappy's fanart are amazing too!..do u think we can haz fanart for the AtsuMina almost-kiss or Minami in the fairy princess costume as well?..  :on ksweat:
Fanfic Favorites:
Mendol Ikemen-Idol (AKB48 x Mendol)               Travel To A Distant World (AKB48 + AU)               GunSword: Shikaku Kankei Saga (AKB48 AU)
The Price of Fame (AKB48 x Mendol)                                             Pioneer Guardians (AKB48 AU)
RIVER (AKB48 AU)                                             Love Stoned (AKB48 AU)
Filling in the Gaps (Majisuka OS)                                             What's Mine is Mine (AKB48)
Portraits (AKB48)                                             A Bit Blind to Love (AKB48)
Memories (AKB48 AU)                                             You Are My Sunshine (AKB48 AU)
                                                            The Ultimatum (AKB48 AU)
                                                            Killer Queen (AKB48 AU)
                                                            How You Stole My Heart (AKB48 AU)

[Completed] || [Main Story Completed but Side Stories In Progress] || [Work In Progress]

Offline clubhappy

• Member+
  • Kami-oshi: the one and only Mayuyu☆. OTP: Mayuki♪
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »
sorry for the late comment but still I'm here FOR ALL THE TAKAYUKI FOR THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!  XD XD XD XD
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor Yuki, badly injured. Don't worry, it's gonna be harsher in the future LOL xDD
I wanna see the image of tkmn in pink dress OwO OwO
and yay JuriMayuAtsuRena \m/ \m/ Can't wait for next chap!
GJ updating fast these days kev  :twothumbs

Offline korin48

• Self-proclaimed Greatest and Most Loyal AtsuMina fan!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • But I think TakaHarem is not too bad either ^~^
    • kooorrriiinnn
    • korin.desu.48
Re: [Atsuko_love's fanfic] The Ultimatum (CHAPTER 6)(1/5/2015 UPDATE!)
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2015, 02:59:38 PM »
Hey Kelvin! :D /

Am so busy lately (I recently become a college freshman) that I have no time to comment :'(

But whenever I see you update new chapter.... I HAVE TO DISREGARD STUDYING AND TIME TO READ! Bwahaha! >:D :v

*cough*

Oh lol more TakaYuki here xDD

Well, I like that AtsuMina's 'almost kiss' scene xDD

Love that Taka's fairy princess costume. So cute! I can imagine Taka fighting Yuko while wearing that costume XD

Wow Rena in the past was so annoyed. Annoying Rena became Very Scary Rena................? OwO

Ohh. Acchan is friend with a Spectre and a Cyber :O Jurina and Mayu~~ they believe that the 3 species should live in harmony... She doesnt want to tell to Taka about it... Because I believe that she doesnt like this idea because of what happen with her parents and sister... :'(

Lol Yuki is always in hospital XDD wonder who pay the hospital bill~~ XD

Ohh so Rena was the one who decided to create the strongest team of The Legion "Team Taka" :O

Okay. I know that Paru is not here in this chapter... But I have a mini-mini (yes soooo small!) theory OwO
My mini-mini theory is I believe that Paru is half Spectre and half Cyber.... Well that is it XD

And also..... DAMN. I WANNA KNOW WHO IS THE OMEGA!! You told me that the Omega will appear in chapter 15 I know I've said that I can wait for chapter 15 BUT I couldnt wait that long! I want to know who is the Omega! D:

So I am currently read Saku-san's "short" comments since you told her that half of her comments are correct and she could guess who is the Omega. Lelel xD

Well. That's all of my comment for this chapter :)

UPDATE ASAP! :D /

Edited: wow first time to leave a long comment :O :O
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:06:34 PM by korin48 »
Twitter | Facebook (fangirl account, dont use much)

Kami-oshi: -----
AKB oshi: Okada Nana, Kizaki Yuria, Yamada Nanami,
Mogi Shinobu
SKE oshi: Takayanagi Akane, Tani Marika, Matsumura Kaori,
Oba Mina
NMB oshi: Jo Eriko, Yamamoto Sayaka
HKT oshi: Murashige Anna, Sashihara Rino, Yamashita Emiri,
Kojina Yui
NGT oshi: Kitahara Rie, Ogino Yuka
Graduated member: Oshima Mai, Ohori Megumi, Shawako Hata,
Ogiso Shiori, Fukumoto Aina, Akimoto Sayaka (original kami-oshi),
Furukawa Airi, Yamada Nana, Kadowaki Kanako,
Takahashi Minami (2nd kami-oshi), Oya Masana, Kinoshita Momoka

Offline kevinwkl

• Honmayan!~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Acchan 4eva~ <3
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2015, 08:10:11 AM »
Thank you everyone for reading and supporting this fic XD

Anzai48 : Yes, in the current timeline, Yuki is 23. Furuyanagi would be 28, rena would be 29 and atsumina 34. It's kinda weird and hard to imagine them at that age, yes XD
I don't think that they had ever been portrayed that old. But I'm trying something slightly new and the age gap needs to be there for the sake of the storyline XD thx for your opinion tho

Offline chiqinna

• Member+
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2015, 11:01:27 AM »
^ all has been said in the comment above :v

Offline kevinwkl

• Honmayan!~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Acchan 4eva~ <3
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2015, 05:28:16 PM »

Chapter 14 : The History Of Team Taka - The Mysterious Black Button

Yuki let out a loud breath as she stood there motionless with a blindfold over her eyes. Slowly, she reached for her Judgement and activated a scythe. “Ready.”

Soon after, a loud bang was heard as a sniper bullet pierced through the air heading straight towards her face. Hearing the gunshot, Yuki immediately knew the direction that the bullet came from. She tilted her whole body gracefully, dodging the bullet before swinging her scythe. The tip of the scythe blade glided accurately on the bullet, slowing it down and manage to direct it to the ground. Already knowing the direction the bullet came from, Yuki dashed towards it. The sniper released a few more shots but the young lady still managed to deflect them successfully despite having a blindfold on. The next second, she had the tip of the scythe touching the sniper’s neck. She let out a smile and greeted the sniper. “I found you~”

Yuki just managed to locate a sniper who was few hundred meters away and deflected every single bullet while having a blindfold on. Immediately, Takamina came from the top and swung down her sword at her. Without even removing her blindfold, Yuki lifted her scythe up to defend against the slash. The strength used was monstrous as it made Yuki got down on one knee. She then defleceted it away and Takamina hopped back. “Not bad, kid.”

“Thanks, sensei.” Yuki removed her blindfold and smiled back at her teacher.

Yuki is already 18 years old this year. Her senses and reflexes had reached the point where it was way beyond any normal human being. There were a lot of rumours going around Legion right now that Yuki is already much stronger than a lot of Reapers already. Despite being a student in the Legion Academy for a total of 11 years already, Yuki still had not get the chance to gradute, not because she was bad in the combat exams. Truthfully, Yuki had been getting rank 1 in combat exam for some time now. The only reason she hasn’t graduated yet was because she was forced to skip the combat exams. In the span of 11 years, Yuki was sent to the hospital for a total of 31 times.

Altogether, Yuki had broken almost 100 bones inside her body but it was all worth it. Yuki got stronger than she had ever imagined. At the age of 18, she was known as little Takahashi Minami because her fighting abilities was said to be on par with the legendary Reaper. Yuki on the other hand knew that fact wasn’t true. She wasn’t as strong as her teacher yet but she’s slowly getting there.

As they both walked out of the training room, Yuki shot a look at Takamina. “I will get first all the way and make you proud all the way to the end, sensei.” Yuki shot a sweet smile.

Takamina tilted her head up to look at Yuki all grown up. The last time she remembered, she still needed to tilt her head down to look at Yuki. Now it’s the other way round. Yuki had grown so much since the day she came in. “Don’t get cocky with me, kid. You’re merely halfway there.. Getting first is nothing. You need to go more. Pack up your equipments, we’re moving onto your next training.” Takamina said as she made her way out of the scene.

Yuki then went back to her room to pack up some stuff. As she made her way through the main lobby of Legion, her name got called out. “Yuki! Yuki!!!”

Yuki turned her head to the right and saw Rena inside a cage gripping onto the bars. “Rena senpai?”

“You’re a good girl, Yuki. Let me out of this cage.” Rena shook the bars.

Yuki walked over and whispered to Rena. “You know I can’t do that, senpai.. Takamina sensei would kill me...”

“I’ll give you my melon pan. How about that, huh? My cakes too. You can have all of them. Just let me out, Yuki. I know you have the keys.. I saw Minami nee-chan passing the keys to you.”

“Yeah, but I promised not to let you out! How am I gonna explain to her when she found out you went missing?”

“Just blame it on the cage’s faultiness.” Rena shrugged.

“You’re not making any sense, senpai. So, see ya.” Yuki turned around.

Rena grabbed onto Yuki’s leg before she could leave. “Yuki. Yuki. Please. You’re not gonna leave your senpai here, are you?”

“Senpai please...”

Rena started rolling around inside the cage. “Help me. I can’t breathe. There’s no oxygen here. Help me!! *cough cough*”

Yuki shot an unamused look at Rena. “That is fake as hell, senpai..”

“YUKI! PLEASE! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT! MET ME OUT!” Rena shook the cage harder and harder.

“Okay! Okay! Just wait!” Yuki, being too frustrated by Rena’s screams reached for the keys inside her pocket and tossed it at her.

Without a moment of hesitation, Rena unlocked the cage and hopped out of it. She then screamed at the top of her lungs. “I’M FREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“......” Yuki was suddenly silenced by the sight of Takamina standing just few feet away, looking at them.

“......” Rena blinked her eyes at Takamina.

“......” Yuki too blinked her eyes silently.

“Buhbye!” Rena immediately ran away as fast as possible.

Takamina’s eyes were then shifted onto Yuki. “......”

“I’m really sorry.” Yuki immediately apologized.

Takamina merely let out a scoff and turned away. “Follow me, Yuki.”

“Phew..” Yuki let out a huge breath since Takamina didn’t seem to care much about it anymore. She folowed Takamina to the Legion’s hangar.

Takamina then stood beside her private plane. “Up.”

“Cool!” Yuki smiled widely and hopped inside the plane as this was the first time she had ever went up a plane.

“So where are we gonna go?”

“You’ll know soon.” Takamina started the engine and they took off.

They are now about 40000 feet in the air. Takamina switched it to autopilot and waled towards Yuki. “Are you ready?”

“Hmm?” Yuki tilted her head. “Ready for what?”

Takamina slammed onto the big red button as the plane door opened. The air current was so strong that it seemed to be sucking them out. Yuki had to hold onto something so that she will not be sucked out of the plane.

“Erm....” Yuki was still confused as to why Takamina opened the plane door suddenly.

“It’s time for your next training, Yuki.” Takamina said with a blank face. “Now unstrap yourself and stand up. Have you got all your equipments?”

“Yup.” Yuki nodded. “But I still have to get my parac-”

“Good.” Takamina didn’t even bother to let Yuki finish her sentence and that gave Yuki a weird feeling.

“Erm...” Yuki unstrapped herself from her seat and stood up just as Takamina ordered. She poked her head out of the door a little and took a peek down at the earth. “So the training is waiting for me down there? I’m just gonna parachute my way down, right?”

Takamina raised an eyebrow. “No. You’re gonna pray.”

“Wha-?”

Without uttering another word, Takamina kicked Yuki hard, and that sent her flying out of the plane. Yuki wasn’t sure if Takamina knew that she had no parachute with her all along. But then again, Takamina might most probably know of that fact already.

“A-AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!” Yuki spinned round and round in the sky from the force of the strong air current.

“This is to train you to think quick despite being in a mind-boggling situation like this. It’s either you think of a strategy quick or you will die.. But I trust you can think of something, kid.”

“WOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” Yuki’s whole body was spinning and spinning uncontrollably. Her mind was flaoting. She couldn’t think of anything at all. She has fast reactions and is very well trained by Takamina, so what? Those are completely useless when you’re falling from 40000 feet in the air without any parachute. This is to train Yuki to think of a strategy while being in a difficult situation. But throwing her off a plane from 40000 feet in the air is a little....scary.

“SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!” Yuki was still flailing her arms up and down, left to right. For the first time in few years, she was panicking like mad. Now, she actually prefered to get beat up by Takamina than falling from the sky like this. She knew that if she doesn’t think of an idea to land, she will die for real. But of course Takamina’s trainings were all meant for real life and death situations.

“Alright alright. Yuki, girl.. You can do this.. Just calm down...” Despite still falling from the sky, Yuki tried to calm herself down but the fact that she got thrown off a plane so suddenly was still a little traumatizing for her. She spread her arms and legs wide to slow down her falling speed. She then let oout a breath and closed her eyes. “Think think think think think think think think.......”

“I got it!” Yuki immediately tapped her Judgement as her Judgement started glowing in red. “I can stop my fall by aiming the laser to the ground. The force will be strong enough.. I just need to slow down my fall for 30 seconds..”

After 30 seconds, her Judgement laser was completely charged up. She unclipped it from her belt and aimed it to the ground. Right before she fired the laser, she blinked as she realized something. “When is the right time to fire the laser??? If I fire it too soon, the force will push me up once again and I will fall to my death. If I fire it too late, the force will not be enough to push me up and I will still fall to my death.. SHIT!!!”

Yuki continued falling faster and faster. She started panicking again. She didn’t know the timing to shoot the laser, so she might as well give it a shot. As she felt her body was getting a little close to the forest below, she clicked on the Judgement and fired the laser. The laser shot downwards to the ground and created a huge crater. The force was definitely slowing Yuki down by a lot. Yuki felt it. She was definitely going to survive this fall. Her body got closer to the trees at the bottom, she could feel herself slowing down and that put a smile on her face. That time, her laser time ended. Perhaps Yuki fired the laser a little too early because she panicked. The laser finished but she was still about 60 meters off the ground.

“AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” Yuki fell onto a tree, scraping her whole body through the thick and thin branches and finally landed on the ground with a loud thud. Everything around her immediately went silent.

“......”

“......”

“......”

Yuki was then awoken by a conversation. She weakly rolled her eyes around and noticed that she was in the hospital ward. She then rolled her eyes to the side and saw Atsuko and Takamina facing each other.

“Again, MInami..” Atsuko shook her head. “This is the thirty second time Yuki ended up in the hospital.”

“She was clumsy.”

“She was clumsy?? You tossed her out of a freaking plane, Minami.”

Yuki groaned and then used a little more energy to adjust herself up to a sitting position. “Sensei..”

“Ah Yuki, you’re awake..” Atsuko attended to Yuki immediately.

Yuki then rubbed her head a little. “Oh my god, I think I have a trauma now...” Yuki rubbed her head a little and groaned.

Atsuko side eyed Takamina. “And whose fault is that?”

“I would have landed perfectly.” Takamina stated.

“Yeah, of course you can.” Atsuko nodded sarcastically. “You should remember that you’re not normal.”

“Atsuko sensei, please.. Takamina sensei was trying to train me to think fast in difficult situations.. So I understand. It’s ok.” Yuki smiled.

“See? She understands it.”

“...” Atsuko felt simply too tired to reply Takamina anymore, so she just kept quiet.

“You broke your right arm and leg. So you’ll be skipping this month’s combat exam as well.” Takamina said.

“What!? I still need to rank in top ten 1 last time in combat exam to graduate! I was supposed to graduate by end of this month!” Yuki was completely frustrated.

“Yeah, that’s not gonna happen. Rest for this month.” Takamina said.

“Okay...” Yuki sighed. It’s not like this was the first time she was delayed.

Takamina then realized that someone was missing. “Where’s Rena?”

“I think she went out for shopping.” Atsuko answered.

“Shopping again?” Takamina frowned. It was definitely weird for Takamina. Rena had been missing a lot lately and now, Takamina was starting to suspect something was going on with Rena. “Which shopping complex has she gone to?”

“I don’t know.. AKB shopping center i guess?” Atsuko answered once again. She knew very well where Rena had gone to, but of course she can never let Takamina know of the fact that Rena had been meeting a Spectre lately.

“She’s been missing a lot lately, Atsuko. Are you sure she had been shopping all these time?”

“Rena is already an adult. Just let her go whereever she pleases, can you?” Atsuko said.

“.....” Takamina remained silent, but this fact continued to bother her a lot. From this point on, she had decided to keep a close eye on Rena’s movements.

The next month had passed and Yuki managed to score the 1st rank in combat once again. Having ranked within the top ten for 40 times in both exams, Yuki was finally able to graduate as a Reaper that she had always dreamt of.

“CONGRATULATIONS, YUKI!!!” Rena came jumping out of nowhere and hugged Yuki tightly, congratulating her kouhai after she had recieved her very first Judgement and Legion cloak.

Atsuko came over and gave her a hug too. “Congratulations, Yuki. I’m sooo proud of you.”

“Bark! Bark!” Romeo too came and congratulated Yuki.

Takamina stood by one side and smiled a little at her. “Good job kid.”

Ohori tapped on her mic a little and gained the attention of everyone once again. “Before this graduation ceremony ends, I would like to make an anouncement.”

Rena nudged Yuki’s shoulder. “She’s gonna retire. Wanna bet?”

“I’m not gonna say anything about this.” Yuki answered.

“From today on, I will be retiring as the Marshal of Legion.” Ohori announced as the whole hall started chattering about. Ohori then continued. “Following me will be the second and third rank, Noro Kayo and Sato Yukari.”

Rena nudged Yuki once again. “Told ya. You owe me $10000 and 200 melon pans.”

Yuki rolled her eyes. “Senpai... I didn’t say anything..”

Rena continued. “She’s gonna find replacement for the first 3 ranks of Legion. Two of them are gonna be Atsu nee-chan and Minami nee-chan. Wanna bet? 5000 melon pans.”

Ohori continued. “Hence, the three of us had picked the new generation of the top 3 ranks in Legion. The one who will lead Legion from now on will be Shinoda Mariko. Second rank will be taken by Katayama Haruka and third rank will be Ikoma Rina.”

Yuki nudged Rena this time. “You owe me 5000 melon pans, senpai.”

“What are you talking about? I didn’t bet anything with you, Yuki.” Rena replied with her skin as thick as concrete. “Aww man.. I thought they will both at least get the spot.. I wonder why..” Rena said. Then she raised her voice at Ohori. “Why isn’t Atsu nee-chan and Minami nee-chan chosen!?”

“You think we did not consider them? Here, read this file out loud, kid.” Ohori threw a file at Rena.

Rena opened it and the first paper showed Atsuko’s photo and her details. “Maeda Atsuko. Age 29. Too easy going. Too forgiving. No sense of intimidation within her. Legion will be filled with undisciplined kids with her leadership. Incompetant as a leader.”

“Agreed.” Atsuko nodded.

Rena then flipped to the next page and revealed Takamina. “Takahashi Minami. Age 29. Hot headed. Act according to her own free will. Too strict and violent. Legion will turn into a graveyard with her leadership. Incompetant as a leader.”

“Thanks for the compliment.” Takamina said.

“Hey, is my name in here too!??” Rena asked.

“Every Reaper with more than 5 years experience is in there.” Ohori said.

“Cool!!!” Rena immediately flipped the pages and found her name. “Matsui Rena. Age 24. One of the biggest joker in Legion. Too childish. Too hyperactive. Too positive minded. Legion will turn into a circus with her leadership. Highly incompetant as a leader.”

“I like how the word ‘highly’ is added in there.” Rena nodded in agreement. “Hmm.. Pretty good reason.”

“The graduation ceremony ends now.” Ohori then ended the ceremony and slowly, everyone started leaving the hall.

As soon as Rena and Atsuko removed themselves from Yuki’s hug, she walked over towards Takamina and gave her a tight hug. “Thank you, sensei..”

Takamina was a little stunned with Yuki’s action, but it somehow made her happy. She replied the hug with a pat on Yuki’s back. “I’m proud of you.”

“Hey, why don’t I get that kind of praise when I graduated?” Rena puffed her cheeks. She then looked at her watch. “Oh shit, I’m late.”

“Late for what?” Yuki tilted her head a little.

“Uhm... Shopping.” Rena shot a wide smile and waved at them. “Bye!!”

Before Rena could leave, Takamina called her. “Rena. Come here a second.”

“Hmm?” Rena walked closer towards Takamina.

Takamina patted Rena’s back. “Be careful out there.”

Noticing Takamina’s action, Rena shot a strange look at her. “Are you on drugs today?”

“Go.” Takamina gestured.

“Hmm..” Rena merely shrugged and made her way out of Legion.

Takaminathen then removed her fingerless gloves from her hand and passed it to Yuki. “Here’s a gift to you.”

“Really?” Without hesitation, Yuki took the gloves and strapped it on and stretched her fingers. “It fits perfectly.. But pretty comfortable...”

“Keep that safe, will you?” Takamina said.

“I will!” Yuki nodded and smiled.

Takamina then continued. “I have nothing else to teach you. You’ve grown way stronger than I have ever imagined you to be. With those gloves I just gave you, we will have no more ties from this point on. You’ll be on your own. So if you face any problems or anything, don’t come and find me anymore. Got it?”

“Wha-?” Yuki felt very weird that Takamina is saying these things to her. “Sensei, what do you mean don’t come and find you anymore?”

“You’re already a Reaper. No longer my student. I don’t want to get attached to you. You’re free to go whereever you want and do whatever you please. You’re not part of my team, so I don’t think I need to waste any more of my time entertaining you.”

“I don’t understand..” Yuki said with a worried tone.

“Don’t understand then. Just keep a distance from me from now on. I don’t owe you anything.” Takamina said. She found out that over the past 11 years training Yuki, she had grown so attached to Yuki. Takamina didn’t want that to continue. As of now, Takamina already have Rena and Atsuko to care about. If she allowed Yuki into her life as well, she will have another person to worry about and she didn’t want that. Training her to become a strong Reaper will be the extent of Takamina’s relationship with Yuki.

“But I do! I owe you everything!” Yuki still seemed very confused with Takamina’s words.

“Minami...” Atsuko called.

“Think whatever you want. I don’t want to get attached to you anymore. That’s all I’m going to say. Goodbye.” Takamina turned and walked away, leaving Yuki confused and depressed inside.

“.....” Yuki could only look at Takamina’s back, disappointed at how she was treated.

Atsuko then placed her hands on Yuki’s shoulders. “Yuki, I know you’re confused right now but please understand that Minami has a reason for everything she does. Okay?”

Yuki nodded and sighed. “Okay... But I really hope she don’t mean what she said..”

By the hillside

“Hello!!!!!” Rena waved and smiled widely at Jurina standing below the cherry blossom tree. This place had been their meeting place for a few years now. Rena will always meet Jurina here twice a week, or sometimes even three times a week.

“Not so loud, Rena! I don’t want anybody to hear this!” Jurina called out.

“Not so loud?” Rena tilted her head before she started screaming at the top of her lungs. “ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!”

“Quiet!” Jurina called once again.

“Jeez... Nobody will hear us here, Jurina. Why are you so afraid?” Rena said as she walked closer to Jurina holding onto a small box.

“Your little girlfriend is here again, it seems... How adorable..” Mayu voiced out from the small drone sitting on Jurina’s shoulder.

“I swear I will beat you up real good when I get back there, Mayu.” Jurina warned.

“Hey! Don’t you dare hurt Mayu, Jurina!” Rena raised her voice. “Or I will not talk to you ever!”

“She’s annoying.” Jurina said.

“I don’t care, Jurina.” Rena poked Jurina’s nose. “If you dare hurt Mayu, I will not forgive you.”

“You heard that, barbie princess. No hurting me.” Mayu let out a smirk over the drone.

Jurina merely rolled her eyes since she couldn’t defy Rena for some reason. “So, I saw you brought something.”

“Cake!!” Rena smiled.

“Chocolate?” Jurina asked.

“Why? You prefer other flavors?” Rena tilted her head a little.

“I’m already used to eating chocolate cakes after eating it so many times. So I’m good.” Jurina shrugged.

“Here, sit down!” Rena pulled Jurina down and sat under the sakura tree. Rena opened the box she was holding and revealed a slice of chocolate cake. “Chocolate cake fiesta!!”

“Well, thanks..” Jurina smiled a little and took the box and started eating the cake.

Rena simply hugged her knees and stared silently at Jurina eating her cake “....”

“.....” Jurina quietly munched on her cake.

“.....” A sweet smile slowly crawled up Rena’s face.

Jurina felt a little uncomfortable, so she sounded out. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“What’s wrong with looking at you like that?” Rena smiled while laying her face on her knees.

“Can’t you look somewhere else?”

“I can’t~”

“Why not?”

“Because you’re here~” Rena said with a mellow tone and that almost got to Jurina. Almost.

Jurina decided to look away from Rena’s addictive gaze and continued eating her cake silently. “....”

“....” Rena started giggling to herself while looking at Jurina eating.

“....” Jurina still didn’t want to make an eye contact with Rena.

Rena then noticed a small stain on Jurina’s lips and finally opened her mouth. Rena then wiped the stain off Jurina’s lips and sucked the chocolate off her finger. “Your mouth was dirty..”

“Learn to eat properly, little princess.” Mayu voiced out.

Jurina shot a glare at the drone. “You should learn to shut up.”

“Calm down there, fireball. Just eat your girlfriend’s cake.” Mayu answered.

“....” Jurina silently continued eating her cake and ignored Mayu since she knew that Rena would not like her arguing with Mayu.

Then a small scar on Jurina’s collarbone attracted Rena’s eyes. “Jurina?”

“Yeah?”

Rena traced the small scar on her collarbone. “Did your Alpha hit you again?”

“.......” Jurina didn’t want to answer.

“......” Rena knew Jurina didn’t want to talk about it so she decided to just keep quiet.

Finally, Jurina finished it and disposed of the box.

Deciding to enlighten to mood a little, Rena asked a question completely out of the blue. “Have you ever kissed anyone?”

Jurina choked on her own saliva suddenly, hearing the words from Rena’s mouth. “W-What?”

“This is getting uncomfortable.” Mayu voiced out.

“Have you ever kissed anyone?” Rena repeated her question once again, this time, pulling herself closer to Jurina. So close that their shoulders are touching each other’s. Rena was definitely bold with her words.

After letting out a few more coughs to ease her choke, Jurina answered. “No.”

“Then...... Would you kiss me if I allow you to?” Rena tilted her head and gazed into Jurina’s red orbs.

“Uhm..” Jurina went blank. She didn’t know what to answer.

“Why are you thinking, Jurina?” Rena shifted her face closer to Jurina’s and started whispering in a soft tone. “You actually want one?”

Jurina then turned her head away. “I’m sorry but no.. Now’s not the right time.”

“Awww..... You don’t want a kiss from me?”

“Apparently, I don’t.” Jurina answered.

“Hmph!!” Rena turned her head away in anger.

Without another word, Jurina shifted her face closer and pecked Rena’s cheek. “The kiss should be from me. Not from you.”

Rena wanted to smile like mad but she merely tucks her hair behind her ear and held in a shy smile. “Very well~ Apology accepted.”

“Wait.. My drone detected a very weak electromagnetic field coming from you, Rena.” Mayu voiced out from the drone.

“Hmm?? An electromagnetic field on me? I don’t get it..” Rena was confused.

“Turn around.” Mayu said.

Rena turned around and had her back facing them. To their surprise, there was a tiny metal thing stuck on her back. Jurina plucked it out from Rena’s back and took a closer look at it. “What the hell is this..”

“Let me see it.” Rena took the tiny metal thing from Jurina.

Mayu zoomed in onto the metal object. “It’s a tracker! How can you be so clumsy!? Get rid of it immediately!” Mayu shouted over her drone.

“What!? But who placed the tracker here!?” Rena threw the tracker away with all her strength.

To her horror, the tracker came into a complete stop as someone caught it mid air and shot a blank face at them. Rena was shocked that the person was none other than Takamina staring back at her. “Shopping, huh?”

“M-Minami nee-chan!!” Rena trembled in fear suddenly. “Y-You were the one who placed a tracker on me!?”

Suddenly, something that happened earlier today came into her mind.

Takamina patted Rena’s back. “Be careful out there.”

Noticing Takamina’s action, Rena shot a strange look at her. “Are you on drugs today?”

“No way..” Only now, Rena realized the reason for the pat on her back.

Without a moment of hesitation, Takamina glared back at Jurina and activated her Judgement sword. Noticing this, Rena hugged Takamina tightly, not allowing her to hurt Jurina. “What are you doing, Rena!?”

“Please don’t hurt Jurina, Minami nee-chan!” Rena begged as she hugged Takamina tightly.

“Get out of there now, Jurina!” Mayu warned. “She’s Takahashi Minami!”

“Why should I run from a mere human?” Jurina remained standing there staring back at Takamina.

“Jurina, just run!!!!” Rena shouted while hugging onto Takamina tightly. “You can’t defeat her!”

“Stop this, Rena!” Takamina placed her arm on Rena’s to pry her off.

Slowly, Rena felt her grip loosening from Takamina’s waist. Definitely, Rena was not as strong as Takamina was. “Please let her go, Minami nee-chan!!”

“No!” Takamina finally managed to pry Rena off her and immediately leaped towards Jurina for a slash.

Jurina extended all six of her blades and blocked her attack. “Argh!!” The force of Takamina’s slash was really strong as Jurina felt herself being pushed back. It was inhumanely strong.

“I knew something was off with you disappearing every now and then Rena, but hanging out with a filthy Spectre?” Takamina scoffed. “You must be out of your damn mind!”

“Not all of us are as filthy as you speak!” Jurina replied with a loud voice while still defending against Takamina’s attack.

“You’re all the same!!” Takamina hopped and landed with an even stronger slash this time.

“Argh!!” The impact was so powerful that it made Jurina got on one knee. “S-Shit....”

Rena got in between them once again and tried prying Takamina off Jurina. “Nee-chan please!! Jurina is good!”

Nothing was entering Takamina’s ears at this point, she just shoved Rena away violently and caused her to fall onto the ground. Takamina then thrusted her knee in and landed a successful knee kick on Jurina’s jaw, sending her crashing onto the tree behind. Jurina felt a little dizzy from the strong knee kick. Any human would have been knocked out cold with that amount of strength on the jaw. “Ugh...”

“I told you to run, Jurina! You can’t die here!” Mayu raised her voice out of desperation.

Takamina scoffed as she walked closer to the downed Jurina. “I never knew a Beta was this weak...”

That time, Takamina unclipped another Judgement and activated another sword. This literally meant trouble. Double blade Takamina will always go for the kill no matter what. Rena stood in front of the injured Jurina and held out her hands, not wanting Takamina to get any closer. “Minami nee-chan, please stop!”

“Out of the way!” Takamina grabbed onto Rena’s collar and lifted her up. She then used her full strength to toss Rena onto the ground. This was the first time Takamina had ever inflicted any damage to Rena like that.

That action angered Jurina badly. “ARRRRRRGGGGGHH!!!!!!” She stood up and shot a series of fireballs at Takamina.

Takamina isn’t known as the legendary Reaper for no reason. She managed to dodge every single one of the fireballs successfully and got in front of Jurina. Takamina used her left sword to deflect all Jurina’s blades away and the right one, stabbed right through Jurina’s chest.

“NO!!!” Rena screamed and again, she went in and pulled Takamina away from Jurina.

“Ugh...” Jurina got downed again by Takamina with a stab on her chest. Luckily the chest wasn’t Spectre’s weak spot.

Takamina shoved Rena away once again and went in for one final slash. As Takamina swung her sword down, it was blocked by two pink Judgment swords. That made Takamina shot a glare at the wielder. “Atsuko.... Why are you in this as well!?”

“Jurina, run.” Atsuko called out.

“I don’t think so!” Takamina deflected Atsuko’s sword away and tried to attack Jurina once again but to no avail as Atsuko managed to block it once again.

Once again, Atsuko raised her voice. “Run or die, Jurina! Make your pick!”

“Run, Jurina. There’s no way you can survive. Don’t be ignorant with me now. Take this chance and escape.” Mayu desperately called out.

Jurina shot one last look at the resentful Rena and finally managed to escape from the scene successfully.

Angered, Takamina pulled Atsuko by the collar. “Why did you let her go!?”

“Jurina and Mayu are my friends. I can’t let you kill them.” Atsuko answered straight to the point.

“Friends?” Takamina raised her brow. “You’re out of your mind too, Atsuko..”

Rena fell on her knees and covered her ears. “This can’t be happening...”

Takamina then walked towards Rena. “How could you hide this from me, Rena?”

“We hid it because we knew you would end up like that!” Atsuko answered in Rena’s behalf.

“Bet you’re right! She’s a Spectre, Rena! She’s using you! Why can’t you see it!?” Takamina scolded.

“She’s not!” Rena retorted.

Takamina shook her head. “You’re naive beyond my wildest dreams, Rena.. How long has this been going on?”

“Quite some time ago..” Atsuko answered without looking into Takamina’s eyes.

“So it’s been quite some time....” Takamina shook her head once again in a disappointed manner. “So, what do you have to say about this?”

“I have nothing to say about this.”

“Of course you have nothing to say about this. You were the one who dragged Rena into this mess.”

“Jurina and Mayu are not that bad! You’re the one who’s being stubborn and don’t understand!” Atsuko raised her voice.

“What I understand is that they are murderers!”

“Not Jurina!” Rena said.

“Don’t you remember what happened years ago, Rena!? How we lost our families!? It was because of these filthy creatures!! And now you’re hanging out with them?”

“She’s good! Why are you always controlling me!? You donut!!” Rena shouted and ran away from the scene.

“Tch.. She still doesn’t realize just how naive she is...” Takamina shook her head. “You too, Atsuko. I’m gonna hold you responsible for whatever happens to Rena, Atsuko.”

“Cool with me. I know Jurina will never hurt Rena.” Atsuko answered with confidence and they headed back to Legion.

Atsuko went straight to Rena’s room to see how she’s doing. She knocked on Rena’s door and entered. Rena was just laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. “Rena? You okay?”

“I think I’m not the one who you should be asking..” Rena answered and turned her head to look at Atsuko. “Jurina will be ok, right?”

“Of course she will be ok. She’s a Beta Spectre. A stab like that won’t be enough to take her down.”

“That’s not what I’m asking...” Rena said in a sad tone. “What I meant is that will Jurina still be ok with meeting me?”

Atsuko comforted Rena and sat by her bedside. “Why wouldn’t she? You’re everything to her.”

“She got hurt by Minami nee-chan because of me...” Rena sighed. “Did Minami nee-chan say anothing about not letting me meet Jurina anymore?”

“Hmm.. Well, she didn’t really say anything about that, but she told me to keep an eye on you just in case anything happens.”

“You know Jurina is not going to hurt me, right?”

“Well, you know Minami. She isn’t really convinced at all.”

“So, I can still meet up with Jurina as usual right?” Rena brightened up a little.

“Of course you can..” Atsuko smiled back and twitched her nose. “Get some rest for today and try meeting up with her tomorrow.”

“Okay!” Rena smiled.

The next day itself, Rena immediately went to the usual place where she always meets up with Jurina. Rena walked up the hill and saw that Jurina was sitting on top of the tree, staring at the sunset as usual. Rena was really glad that Jurina still came here despite what happened yesterday. As Rena stood under the tree, she called out. “Jurina.”

“Oh, you’re here.. Let me come down.” Jurina said.

“No, it’s alright. I’ll come up.” Rena started climbing the tree with ease and sat on the thick branch beside Jurina. “Where’s Mayu?”

“She said she had some things to settle so she isn’t here today.”

“I see...” Rena nodded. “So... Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” Jurina answered.

“I’m sorry for what happened yesterday..”

“It wasn’t your fault. Some people just need to broaden their mind and not be so close minded..”

Rena let out a cough and changed the topic. “Mayu’s not here today~ So we can be more intimate~”

“Define intimate.”

“Give me a kiss.” Rena showed Jurina her playful kissy face.

“I’m not used to these kind of things so no.”

“Give me a kiss or else I will jump off this cliff.” Rena pouted.

“You’re a Reaper. As if anything will happen.” Jurina answered.

“Hmph!” Without uttering another word, Rena lunged herself from the tree and straight off the cliff.

“What the hell are you doing!?” Jurina immediately extended her blade and caught Rena. “Idiot!”

“Woooooo~!!! Bungee jump!!” Rena was still laughing at this point.

“Tch-” Jurina pulled Rena up and sat her down. Jurina’s eyes were filled with worry.

Rena stared right into Jurina’s eyes and immediately saw that. “CUTEE!!!!!” Rena hug squeezed Jurina tightly.

As Rena was a little too rough, the force tilted Jurina’s whole body and they fell off the tree, landing on the grass below with a thud with Jurina landing directly on Rena. “Ugh...”

As Jurina pushed herself up a little, she saw Rena staring back at her from a very close proximity. Their bodies were still touching one another’s. “....”

The longer Jurina stared, the more captivating Rena’s lips were. Rena could feel her heart started beating faster and faster. That was when Jurina slowly moved her face down once again, getting closer to Rena’s face. So close that Rena could literally feel Jurina’s breath on her face. At this point, Jurina’s nose was touching Rena’s. “....”

Rena then got back to her senses and pushed Jurina away and stood herself up. She placed her hands on her face. It was completely red in color. She was totally embarassed about what happened a few seconds ago. Jurina was actually going to kiss her on the lips. “W-What are you doing!?”

Noticing this, Jurina stood up and smirked a little. She knew that Rena showed her the kissy face to tease her, knowing that she would not kiss Rena. So now it was her turn to tease Rena back. “Hmm.. I thought you were the one who wanted a kiss earlier.”

“Q-Quiet! It’s not supposed to be like that!” Rena started complaining like a kid while still covering her red face in embarassment. “W-Why did you close in!? You’re not supposed to close in like that! You’re supposed to stand up right away! Why did you look deep into my eyes!? You’re trying to suck my soul out or something!?”

“But I..”

“No no no no no! No!! Not another word from you, Jurina! I don’t wanna hear anything from you!”

“Your face is completely red like a tomato.” Jurina let out a smirk.

“I said quiet!” Rena hopped onto Jurina and pinned her down on the ground. “No more! Stop embarassing me like that!”

“Why are you pinning me down like this? You’re gonna kiss me or something?” Jurina let out a smirk once again.

“No! I have a better plan.” Rena then grabbed something from the ground. “Eat this!” She then splatted a piece of mud on Jurina’s face. “What’s what you get for making me embarassed~”

“I’m gonna get you!” Jurina stood up with a smile and started chasing Rena around.

Rena then jumped on Jurina’s back and hugged her tightly, not allowing her to move. “Gotcha!”

“Alright, this is getting ridiculous..” Jurina smiled.

Rena then paused and looked into Jurina’s eyes before smiling. “I love seeing you smile like that.. These are the times where I don’t see the emptiness in your eyes..”

“You were the reason for my smile.”

As soon as Rena heard that, she bit the bottom of her lip to contain her smile. She had to hit Jurina’s shoulder to contain the cheesiness. “You cheese monster..”

“Kinda ironic because I don’t like cheese..”

Rena then gave it a thought. “Hmm..... How do you think the other Spectres will react if they knew we had been meeting up with each other like that? Will they understand?” Rena asked.

“Probably not the best idea for them to know..” A voice suddenly sounded from beside.

A chill went up their spine as they felt an unpleasent cold air brushing through their hair along with the voice they just heard. “Who said that?”

Jurina turned her head to the right and saw someone leaning on the tree. She stood there without either of them noticing. Jurina’s heart beat increased rapidly with the dark presence before their very eyes. “Annin...”

“Who’s this, Jurina?” Rena asked.

Jurina gulped. “An Alpha.. This is bad..”

“Alpha??” Rena then hopped off Jurina’s back and got on guard immediately.

“...” Annin gave them the side eye before looking front once again. “Save your energy.”

“Huh?” Both Jurina and Rena were surprised with Annin’s sentence. Eventhough Jurina had been seeing Annin so often back in the Spectre HQ, she still wasn’t quite sure about her personality. She always seemed very mysterious and passive in everything she does.

“I’m just here to confirm my beliefs..” Annin said.

“Your beliefs? What do you mean?” Jurina and Rena was confused as to what Annin was trying to say.

“Do you like this human girl, Jurina?” Annin asked suddenly.

Before Jurina could answer, Rena immediately clung on Jurina’s arm and laid her head on her shoulder. “Of course she does.”

“Hmm...” Annin then started walking away without another word.

Rena called out. “You’re leaving just like that?”

“I already got the answer for my question.. Stay obscured.” Annin then walked away, without saying anything else.

“Stay obscured?” Rena and Jurina looked at each other. “Do you think she meant....”

It was a little obvious to them at this point. Annin actually does allow them to hang out together most likely because she too believes that humans and Spectres can live in harmony. They were actually quite pleased to know that someone else shared the same idea.

From that time, Rena had been meeting Jurina only once a week rather than 3 times a week. Of course Takamina still discouraged Rena to meet up with Jurina but we all know just how stubborn Rena could be sometimes. There were also quite a number of times where Takamina had to go out there and drag Rena back home because it was too late, and also because it was dangerous to be alone with a Spectre at night.

In a blink of an eye, another three years had passed by.

Year 2046, 2 weeks before the disappearance of Team Taka

A knock was heard on Minegishi’s laboratory door.

“Come in.” Minegishi called out.

The door opened to reveal Mariko. As she closed the door, she walked towards Minegishi standing behind her table. “Why did you call me here, Minegishi?”

Minegishi crossed her legs and pushed up her huge glasses before shooting a smug look at the leader of Legion. “I did it, Mariko.”

Still slightly doubting what Minegishi was talking about, Mariko continued. “Did what?”

“You know... The thing we’ve been discussing for the past few years.. I’ve completed it..” Minegishi said with a smug look on her face. She then took out a Judgement and shifted her thumb onto the mysterious black button that was understood to be of no use at all. As she clicked on it, six very thick needle-like items protruded from the end of the Judgement. “The black button.. The Spectre serum is complete..”

Mariko nodded. “Have you done experiments to support your data?”

“It will be too much for a mere animal to be tested on.. It needs to be used on a human.” Minegishi explained.

“It’s risky to do human testing, Minegishi.”

“I’m a scientist. Risks are something that I take. But I know it’s definitely complete. The calculations and the data were all completely spot on. But there’s a slight condition to use this.” Minegishi pushed her huge glasses up. “Not every human can adapt to the serum. You see, every human has different DNAs. The Spectre DNA in this serum can only bond with certain DNAs.”

“So who is compatible and who is not?” Mariko asked.

“I have data of everyone in Legion. Their blood type, DNA shape and everything. There was one person’s DNA who has a 93% compatibility with the Spectre serum.. And we definitely need her to test this serum out.” Minegishi explained with a smug look.

“And who might that be?”

“Matsui Rena.”

Mariko was surprised. “That clown?”

“Exactly. She’s the best person to test this serum.” Minegishi answered.

“Have you told her team about this?”

“The three of them are already on their way here..”

Just then, a knock was heard. The door opened to reveal Rena, Atsuko and Takamina. “You called us here?”

“Yes I did. Lock the door and have a seat.” Minegishi gestured.

“So what’s this about?” Atsuko asked first.

Without a single word, Minegishi placed a huge glass container on the table. There were three Judgements arranged properly inside the container. She then took one out and placed it on the table. Her fingers interlocked as she shot a smug look at the three of them. Nobody could ever tell what’s running through her mind. After a few seconds, she finally opened her mouth. “It’s time to let the cat out of the box.. I’m quite sure the three of you know the existance of the black button, right?” Minegishi asked.

“Yes, but it does nothing.” Atsuko said.

“This is top secret so the three of you need to make a death vow not to reveal this to anybody.” Minegishi pushed her glasses up. “It does, actually. It’s just that the function of the button was completely locked out during the processing of the Judgements. It was still incomplete.. But now, I’ve finally completed it.”

“Okay? So what so special about this black button?” Takamina asked.

“This black button is unlike the other weapons found inside the Judgement.. This black button is a permanent weapon. It’s what I’d like to call the Spectre Serum.”

“Spectre Serum? A permanent weapon? I don’t get it.” Atsuko said.

“It’s a weapon that permanently transforms the user into a Spectre.” Minegishi answered.

The three of them had their eyes pryed open in shock. “Turns a human into a Spectre?”

Minegishi continued. “Mariko and I thought about this for the past few years.. Just imagine.... A Reaper with extraordinary Spectre senses and the ability to heal quickly... You won’t even need to be afraid of dying anymore.. The number of casualties among the Reapers will decrease.”

“That actually sounds very tempting..” Rena said.

“So why tell us three about it? Why not announce it in Legion?” Atsuko asked.

“You see... I still need to do a final test on a human... Not all humans are compatible to this serum, so I need to test this on the one with the highest compatibility.” Minegishi looked at Rena. “Which is you, Rena. You have the highest compatibility with the Spectre Serum compared to everyone else in Legion. A compatibility of 93%.”

“So, you wanted to turn Rena into a Spectre?” Takamina raised her brow.

“Cool!!” Rena started hopping around excitedly.

Takamina took a step closer towards Minegishi and stood right in front of her, staring into her eyes. “You want me to see the one I care most turn into the very thing I hated most?”

Mariko who noticed this came in between them and pushed Takamina away a little. “It was just a suggestion. It doesn’t have to be Rena.”

“I don’t mind though.” Rena shrugged. “It’s gonna be fun.”

“You think this is funny, Rena?” Takamina answered in a serious tone.

“....” Rena could only keep quiet from Takamina’s serious aura.

“What about me? How’s my compatibility?” Atsuko suddenly asked.

“Oh? You seem interested.” Minegishi smirked. “I’ve checked. Your DNA has about 68% compatiility.”

“Let me volunteer in Rena’s place.” Atsuko offered.

“Not you too, Atsuko!? What’s gotten into you!?” Takamina raised her voice.

Atsuko then looked back at Takamina with a blank face. “I want to be the living proof for you that not all Spectres are bad. So you’ll have to live with the fact that I’ll be a Spectre from now on.”

“All that just to prove this fact to me? Are you crazy!?” Takamina grabbed Atsuko by her collar.

“Maybe I am.. But I feel I just wanted to take this chance to try understanding people from a Spectre’s perspective, you know? I have made my decision. Kill me or whatever, you’re not gonna change my mind about this, Minami.” Atsuko stood strong with her ideas. “I want to continue living as a Spectre.”

Takamina couldn’t continue arguing with Atsuko about this matter. She finally released Atsuko and looked away. “Do what you want.”

Atsuko then placed her hand on Takamina’s face. “Minami.. I want you to know this. I’m not doing this to anger you.. I just want to show you that being a Spectre does not necessarily mean it’s a bad thing.. So please understand.”

“...” Takamina merely kept silent.

“Atsu nee-chan, are you sure you want to do this?” Rena asked.

“Yes Rena. Don’t worry. It’ll all be okay.” Atsuko smiled a little and looked at Minegishi. “So what should I do now?”

“Just lay on this table.” Minegishi ordered. Atsuko laid on the table and Minegishi locked her limbs with thick iron cuffs. Minegishi turned the Judgement knob and clicked on the black button. Six needles protruded out from the end of the Judgement. “Breathe deep. You’ll feel excrutiating pain at first.”

“So there’s a 68% chance that I will transform into a Spectre, right? What happens if the other 32% occurs?” Atsuko asked.

Minegishi explained. “You have to know, the Spectre cells are far more superior and vicious compared to human cells. If the Spectre cells are not compatible to your cells, they will slowly consume you from the inside until you suffocate and die.”

Atsuko inhaled as hard as possible and exhaled everything out. “I’m ready.”

Minegishi shot a look at Takamina. “You.. No interfering with this experiment.”

“Tch-” Takamina merely scoffed.

“Here I come.” Minegishi clicked on the black button again and the six needles lighted up in red. Slowly, Minegishi pierced the needles into Atsuko’s neck. With another click of the black button, something seemed to be injected right into Atsuko’s neck. Minegishi then pulled it out.

“AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!” Atsuko started screamed in agony and pain as she started wrenching the iron cuffs binding both her wrists.

“Minami nee-chan....” Rena grabbed Takamina’s hand tightly.

“....” Takamina just stood there praying hard that nothing bad happens to Atsuko.

“AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” Atsuko was literally losing her mind. The pain was really unbearable. The black of her eye was gone. It was all white now. The vein on her temple grew larger and it was throbbing from the immense blood pressure running inside her head. The expression on her face was horrifying.

A small smile crawled up Minegishi’s face. “It’s working....”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!” Atsuko’s mouth was opened wide as her teeth was seen changing in shape. They slowly became sharper than before. Her heart rate in the machine kept on increasing. It was at a 200 beats per second now.

“Stop it.” Takamina couldn’t bear this anymore.

“What?”

“STOP IT! STOP IT NOW!” Takamina pulled Minegishi up by her collar.

Mariko wrenched Takamina away from Minegishi. “There is no way to stop this halfway, Takamina. It can’t be stopped halfway. This is all purely up to Atsuko now!”

“SHIT!” Takamina punched the table in frustration.

“ARRRRGGGGG-” Atsuko had stopped screaming and stopped moving suddenly. Her heart rate came from a high 200 to a flat line.

Seeing this, Takamina immediately shoved Mariko and Minegishi and attended to Atsuko right away. “Atsuko! Atsuko!” Takamina placed her hand on Atsuko’s cheek and nudged her. She then shot a glare angrily at Minegishi and Mariko. “YOU BOTH BETTER FUCKING PRAY HARD THAT NOTHING HAPPENS TO HER OR I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL TURN YOU BOTH INTO MINCED MEAT!”

“Atsu nee-chan!!” Rena called out.

“Beep.....” A sound was then heard from the heart rate machine. “Beep...... Beep...... Beep....”

Hearing this, it only meant one thing. Atsuko survived. She groaned again and again. “Ugh......”

“Hey, Atsuko. How do you feel? Answer me.” Takmina kept on asking to make sure that Atsuko was fine.

Slowly, Atsuko opened her eyes and glanced around the room and came in contact with Takamina staring right into her eyes with a slightly horrified look. “.............”

Takamina carefully placed her hand on Atsuko’s face. “Atsuko? Do you recognize me?”

Atsuko answered in a weak tone. “.............Mi......nami?”

“It.......worked....” Minegishi placed her palm on her forehead in shock and looked at her computer. “Heart rate is normal.. Skin toughened by 300%.. It really worked...”

Rena came closer to the table to take a closer look at Atsuko. She gasped as soon as she saw Atsuko’s eyes. “Atsu nee-chan! Your eyes!”

Minegishi removed the cuffs and Takamina adjusted Atsuko to a seating position. Atsuko then looked back at Rena. “What’s wrong with my eyes?”

“Take a look for yourself.” Minegishi placed a mirror right in front of Atsuko’s face.

Atsuko saw a pair of blood red eyes staring back at her. Still finding it hard to believe the fact, she traced her finger along the bottom of her eye. “Red eyes.... So it worked... I’m a Spectre now?”

Minegishi nodded. “It seems so.. How are you feeling?”

“I feel......different..” Atsuko tilted her head as she looked at her long red claws on her fingers. She then retracted her sharp claws back into her fingers and started wriggling her shoulders around as if something is bothering her. “I feel something moving around inside of me... It’s very uncomfortable..”

“Ah... That has to be the Spectre blades.” Minegishi said. “Try extending the blades out from your back. I need some data about this.”

“But...how?” Atsuko asked.

“It’s part of you now. Just like moving your arms around with your own free will, now you should able to move your blades too.” Minegishi explained.

“Let me try.” Atsuko concentrated and after a few seconds, her back started bulging out. “Ugh.... It hurts a little.”

“You’re still new to this so you might not be used to it yet.” Mariko said.

Slowly, two thick blades extended out from her back. They were still slimy as this was the first time Atsuko extended blades from her body. “Ouch ouch ouch ouch.....”

“Wow.... Atsu nee-chan looks so cool as a Spectre...” Rena smiled.

“Ah... Two thick blades. 4 inches in diameter.. Interesting...” Minegishi smirked. “You have the power comparable to an Alpha.. Spectre cells can detect the amount of fighting capability within you and will adjust itself based on it. If your fighting abilities are comparable to an Alpha Spectre, then the blades within you will reconstruct itself accordingly.”

“I see...” Atsuko then retracted her blades back into her body and stood up.

“Congratulations, Atsuko. You suceeded.” Minegishi said.

“Are these the only ones completed?” Takamina pointed at the remaining two Judgements in the container.

“Yes, they are.” Minegishi answered.

“I’m gonna keep one of these.” Takamina popped one of the Judgement out of its container.

“I hope you’re joking, Takamina.” Minegishi told until Takamina gripped onto her collar.

“And I hope you’re not having any problems about me taking one of these after the amount of stress you placed on Atsuko.” Takamina then shoved Minegishi onto the ground, angering Mariko.

As Takamina turned around and had her back facing Mariko, Mariko released a punch at Takamina. Without even looking back, Takamina tilted her head, causing it to miss and caught the punch in her palm. She then turned her head back a little, just enough to give Mariko the side eye. “Attacking while I’m not looking, are you? This is just so you, Mariko. You should know better, these kind of lowly punches will never be successful against me. Why don’t you save it for the weak instead.” Takamina swung Mariko’s hand away.

“....” Mariko could only return a glare to Takamina.

“It’s alright, Mariko. Let her have it. Doesn’t affect anything.. And Atsuko.” Minegishi called out and passed a pair of sunglasses to Atsuko. “Until Mariko make any official announcement regarding this matter, wear this at all times. We don’t want anybody to know about this for now. Just the five of us here.”

“Sure.” Atsuko wore the sunglasses and twitched her nose.

“Do I get a pair of sunglasses too?” Rena asked.

“Would you like to be a Spectre too?” Minegishi asked with a smug look on her face.

“No.” Takamina answered in Rena’s behalf and dragged her away.

As the three of them made their way back to their room, Atsuko looked at Takamina. “Well? I’m a Spectre now. Are you gonna say anything about this?”

“.....” Takamina merely kept silent.

“Right, of course you would have nothing to say.” Atsuko adjusted her shades.

The three of them then bumped into Yuki in the hallway. The first person she looked at was Takamina. “...”

“I’m going back to my room first.” Takamina said and immediately walked past Yuki, leaving the scene.

“....” Yuki sighed. It’s been 3 years, yet Yuki was still hanging onto the hope that Takamina will one day not give her the cold shoulder anymore. The next person who caught her attention was Atsuko. Yuki blinked as she looked upon Atsuko with a pair of sunglasses on.

“Oh, hi Yuki.” Atsuko shot a bright smile.

Yuki couldn’t help but to frown at Atsuko. “Uhm... Atsuko sensei? Why are you wearing shades indoors?”

“Because it looks cool, don’t you think so?” Atsuko gave an easy answer. “Kinda want to change my style a little..”

“Uhm....” Yuki wasn’t too sure about Atsuko’s statement. It was very random coming from someone as wise as Atsuko.

“Oh look at the time! Time to go on a mission! See ya Yuki!” Finishing off the topic quick, Rena dragged Atsuko away from the scene as quickly as possible.

“.....” Yuki was still confused about everything. “What the hell just happened?”

For a few days, Atsuko’s transformation into a Spectre was kept a secret from the whole of Legion. Atsuko had been trying to keep a minimum contact with everyone else other than those who knew about this already. There were a few times where her shades got knocked off in public. Luckily Rena was always there with a paper bag. She would cover Atsuko’s head with the paper bag for a short moment until Atsuko wore her shades once again. It was definitely a very funny sight. A lady placing a paper bag over another lady’s head. How can anybody not laugh at the randomness? But of course, it was all to hide the fact that Atsuko has red eyes now. Team Taka was on the way back from a mission one afternoon.

“It’s so sunny... Ugh...” Rena kept on complaining again and again as it was a really sunny day.

“Hmm.. Good thing I have my sunglasses on.” Atsuko smiled and twitched her nose.

“Let me wear them!” Rena tried to snatch Atsuko’s sunglasses away but to no avail.

“This is mine. You should have bought one for yourself..”

“Atsu nee-chan you meanie!” Rena pouted.

Takamina stopped in her tracks suddenly. “.....”

Atsuko too, stopped. “....”

“Well, no need to say.. You both heard the sound too.” Rena said.

All of a sudden, a Spectre came out of nowhere and swung a blade at them. Given their fast reactions, they managed to leap away except for Takamina who already had a sword blocking the attack. “You have to try harder than to ambush me.”

“Very good.” The Spectre grinned before spinning her body mid air and swung her blade at Takamina again and again. The blows were very powerful and quick as well.

Takamina immediately knew this wasn’t a common Spectre. Takamina manged to push her away to keep a distance but that did not last long as she jumped towards Rena and Atsuko almost immedaitely. This is one aggresive Spectre. Atsuko too activated her sword and defended against the attack. Atsuko could literally feel the powerful blow despite being a Spectre now. “What the hell!?”

“Get away from Atsu nee-chan!” Rena kicked a rock that successfully hit the Spectre on the head.

“Ugh!” The force of Rena’s kick was so powerful that even the Spectre felt pain and flinched back a little.

“Eat this! And this! And this! And this!” For every word that came out from Rena’s mouth, she kicked a rock at the Spectre with full force.

“Not bad..” With a swipe of one blade, she smacked all the rocks away and smirked. “It seems I have underestimated you three a little.”

That was when Rena noticed someone else standing at a distance behind the Spectre. To ease her curiosity, Rena tilted her head to take a good look at the one standing behind. She was shocked when the one standing behind was someone very familiar. “Jurina!?”

“......” Jurina merely turned her head away, not wanting to face her.

The Spectre then pointed at Atsuko. “I came here for you, Maeda Atsuko..”

Atsuko was definitely surprised that the Spectre was looking for her. “You’re looking for me!?”

“To bring you to where you truly belong.. By the Omega. It doesn’t matter if you were once a human or not. The fact is that you’re a Spectre now and all Spectres belong rightfully to the Omega...”

“How the hell did you find out about Atsuko?” Takamina said.

“Did you actually think that the Omega was that dense?” The Spectre smirked. “Maeda Atsuko belongs to the Omega now..”

Takamina raised her brow. “You’ll have to go through me to get to her.”

The Spectre let out a small laugh. “You think I’m afraid of you just because you’re Takahashi Minami? I’m not afraid of you.. I’m an Alpha Spectre after all.. The name’s Akari.”

Atsuko’s eyes widened in shock. “Another Alpha..”

“Alpha or not, it doesn’t bother me. It’s not like I’ve never faced one before.” Takamina said loudly.

“Ah, yes.. Yuko’s rival.. I heard a lot about you. Too bad I’m not interested in you. It’s Maeda Atsuko that I want.”

“You can try.” Takamina pointed her Judgement at Akari.

“Let’s kick it up a notch to make things more exciting, shall we? How about we have a little war game. You bring your army and I’ll bring mine. If I win, I get to bring Maeda Atsuko with me. If you win, then feel free to do whatever you want.”

Takamina raised her brow. “Who are you to make negotiations with me?”

“What’s the matter? You’re not gonna run away from this like a coward, are you?” Akari smirked.

The word coward ticked Takamina off a little as she replied with a glare. “I have no intentions of running away from anyone.”

“Alright then. How about we meet here again tomorrow? You can bring whoever you want. But of course you can choose not to appear at all and act like a total coward after everything you just said.”

“Don’t do this..” Jurina voiced out suddenly.

Akari slowly turned her head back and shot a glare at Jurina. With a whip of her blade, Akari sent Jurina crashing onto a large rock. “Learn your place, Jurina.. You’re my Beta. Do not speak when I’m speaking.”

“....” Rena merely glaced at Jurina blankly for a moment before looking back at Akari.

“So I believe we have a deal?” Akari shot a smirk.

Takamina was never the type to back down from a fight so she agreed. “Fine. I can test my capabilities too.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow here then. I shall be expecting something exciting..” Akari said as she started walking away. As she made her way towards Jurina, she released a kick on her stomach. “Get up, you useless piece of shit.”

“Ugh..” Jurina groaned and slowly stood up. She shot a look at Rena. Her eyes were pleading for help. She then turned away and followed Akari from behind.

“....” Rena remained silent again as she looked upon Jurina’s back.

First they headed back to Legion with Akari’s words in their mind. They were actually going on a war with Akari and her army. Atsuko had a bad feeling about tomorrow’s battle. She had never worried so much like this before. She just felt that she wanted to do something she had not done in a long long time with the thought that she might not survive tomorrow’s battle. But of course, she kept all these to herself. Rena was nowhere to be seen, so Atsuko invited Takamina out for a walk along the seaside for some time alone.

“I’m glad you agreed to come to the beach with me, Minami..” Atsuko smiled and twitched her nose.

“Why beach of all places?”

“Because the sunset here is beautiful..” Atsuko smiled.

“Where did Rena go?” Takamina asked.

“She has something to discuss with Jurina after what happened earlier..” Atsuko said.

“Tch.. Meeting that Jurina this late again..” Takamina let out a scoff.

“Let’s leave her for today, okay?”

“Fine..”

Atsuko then looked at the vastness of the sea and let out a loud breath. “Are you sure you’re not going to call for any reinforcements?”

“I never needed any.”

“Not even Yuki?”

Takamina then looked at Atsuko in a serious manner. “Atsuko. Stop it. She cannot be a part of this . This is also related to the fact that you are a Spectre. Yuki shouldn’t know. The lesser people knowing this matter, the better.”

“I know. I was just asking.” Atsuko shrugged and stretched her body. “It’s calm here, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, it is.. The sunset is beautiful just like you said.” Takamina said before looking at Atsuko. “You brought me here to admire the sunset and yet, you’re wearing sunglasses.. How are you going to appreciate the sunset wearing those?”

“Oh? But-”

“Nobody is here. You should remove your shades..” Takamina proceeded to remove Atsuko’s sunglasses gently by herself, revealing her red eyes. For some reason, Atsuko looked far more attractive and seductive with those beautiful red eyes. Takamina seemed to be stunned to stare at them from such a close proximity.

“Why are you staring at me like this?” Atsuko tucked her hair behind her ear. Tucking the hair behind her ear had always been how Atsuko convey her shyness and Takamina knew that.

“Nothing.” Takamina decided to look away before she got sucked into Atsuko’s eyes.

Atsuko then noticed two long sticks laying on the sand. “Let’s do something interesting.”

“Like what?” Takamina raised her brow.

Atsuko proceeded to grab the long stick she found on the sand and showed it to Takamina. “Let’s leave messages for each other on the sand.”

“You’re not being serious, are you?”

Atsuko shoved a stick to Takamina. “Take it and write. No peeking till the message is done.”

“....” Takamina grabbed onto the long stick and looked upon Atsuko writing her message on the ground. After shrugging, she too wrote something on the ground.
After about 30 seconds, Atsuko was done. “Alright, I’m done. Come take a look.”

“Minami~ Thank you for always taking care of me~ :heart:

“So what did you write~??” Atsuko then took a look at the message Takamina left. Her smile disappeared right away. There was only one word.

‘Hello.....’

“......” This made Atsuko gave Takamina the side eye. She couldn’t believe Takamina was this dense.

“What?” Takamina shrugged.

“Is that all you wrote? A hello?”

“Continue looking.” Takamina said.

“Hmm?” Only now, Atsuko realized that ‘Hello’ wasn’t the only thing Takamina wrote. A few feet away, there were another 3 words.

‘You look beautiful’

Atsuko literally felt blood rushing up into her face. It became very warm. She then let out a fake cough and tucked her hair behind her ear. “T-Thanks, Minami.”

“.....” Takamina then scratched her head. She didn’t even know these words actually existed in her dictionary.

“Come and dance with me, Minami.” Atsuko shot a wide smile at Takamina being cheered up a lot with her message.

“I don’t want to.”

“Come on~ How often do we get to do this at the beach?”

“....”

“Come on~” Atsuko held both Takamina’s hands and dragged her closer.

“There’s not even any music.”

“Who said there has to be music? The birds chirping and wave sounds can be out music.” Atsuko gripped both Takamina’s tightly and began swinging her hands playfully as a smile slowly crawl up her face.

“You know you look very ridiculous doing this, right?” Takamina asked.

“You do like it, don’t you?” Atsuko said in a playful tone.

For some reason Takamina let out a smile. Slowly, the playful dancce transitioned from a playful dance into a romantic one. Atsuko had her hands over Takamina’s neck as Takamina gently placed her hands on Atsuko’s waist. They were not moving much, just a sway back and forth in a circular motion. No words could be heard from both parties. Just the lovely sounds of the birds chirping and the waves. This is definitely bad. They never held each other like this for so long before. They just stared into each others’ eyes and swayed to nature’s music. Takamina felt she was slowly getting sucked in towards Atsuko’s seductive red eyes. After what it seemed like forever, Atsuko finally opened her mouth and said softly. “Minami.. We’ll be ok tomorrow, right?”

Takamina too replied in a gentle and whispering tone. “Of course.”

“......” Words couldn’t escape Atsuko’s mouth suddenly. Her eyes kept on shifting towards Takamina’s lips for some reason.

Atsuko slowly moved her face closer towards Takamina’s face. As their nose touched each other’s, Atsuko came back to her senses and pulled away from Takamina. “I’m sorry.”

“....”

Atsuko’s face was really warm. There was a tingling sensation all over her body and her heart was beating quickly. This was the second time Atsuko tried to kiss Takamina but both times, she couldn’t. She still wasn’t too sure why she acted this way. Atsuko had only been viewing Takamina as a very protective friend or even a sister. Or does she? Even she didn’t know herself.

Atsuko then wore her shades once again and let out a fake cough. “We should go home now.”

“We should..”

Jurina walked up to the cherry blossom tree on the top of the hill. There Rena stood silently, gazing upon the sunset. She slowly made her way towards the silent girl. “Rena?” Jurina called out.

“Hey, Jurina.” Rena replied in a plain manner without even turning her head back at her.

Jurina immediately knew something is off about Rena since she’s being unusually quiet. Rena would usually be hyperactive and greet her with a hug but this time, she just stood there silently. But of course, Jurina knew why Rena was acting like this. “Rena.. I know what’s going through your mind right now..”

“Are you gonna fight tomorrow?” Rena asked once again with her eyes fixated to the sunset.

Jurina was having a really hard time answering Rena’s question. “I.....don’t know.”

“Whose side are you on?” Rena continued.

“........” Jurina couldn’t answer at all.

“Just as I thought.” Rena nodded a little.

“Huh?” Jurina tilted her head.

“Jurina?” Only now, Rena looked into Jurina’s eyes. There was no smile on her face. Just a serious and straight face. “I don’t want to see you present in the fight tomorrow.”

“What!? I can’t just stay away from something big like this!” Jurina grabbed Rena’s shoulders. “I’m gonna help you.”

“STOP SCREWING WITH ME!!” Rena shoved Jurina’s hand away violently. Jurina was completely shocked with what Rena just did. This was the first time ever Rena had lost her temper this badly.

“Rena...”

“Understand this, Jurina. Unless you’re 100% sure about this, I will not ask you to help us fight, Jurina. It’s too unfair for you... And if you’re on their side, make sure you do not hesitate facing Team Taka. It’s them or us.”

“You know very well I can never bring myself to fight against you!” Jurina explained and sighed. “But.. I...”

“You’ll be killed if you betray them and at the same time you don’t want to fight me. If you can’t decide then promise me that you will stay away from this war, Jurina. I don’t want to see you hesitate in a battle nor do I want to see you doing things that you don’t want to.”

“......” Jurina was merely silent.

“Promise me, Jurina..” Rena cupped Jurina’s face softly and gently. “Stay away from this... This is our fight. It has nothing to do with you from the very beginning. You’re just a poor and innocent Beta being dragged along by your Alpha.”

“I....” Jurina didn’t know what to say.

“Don’t think anymore..” Rena repeated once again. “Just promise me that you will not appear tomorrow.”

Jurina finally nodded. “I will....”

“Good.” Rena then let out a smile and continued.  “In case I do not return from the war tomorrow, I want you to do me a favor.”

Jurina interrupted immediately and grabbed Rena’s hands. “Don’t say things like that!”

“Take my body and bury it here. That’s all I want.” Rena let out a slight bitter smile. “This place has a beautiful sunset and also the place where I first met you. I want this place to be where my body rest peacefully for all eternity.”

“Nothing’s gonna happen, Rena.”

“I said in case.” Rena then closed her eyes and breathe in deep. As soon as she let it all out, she opened her eyes and shot her usual cute smile at Jurina. “Well, that was a deep topic, isn’t it? Forgive me.”

“...”

“Oh.. I forgot to bring cake today. Oops..” Rena showed her tongue playfully.

“It’s alright..”

“Jurina?” Rena called out.

“Yeah?”

“Could you.....close your eyes for a bit?”

“Why?”

“JUST CLOSE EM!” Rena squinted her eyes at Jurina.

Rena took a step closer to Jurina and pecked Jurina on her lips. It wasn’t a hard on kiss. Just a cute peck on her lips. That gesture made Jurina flinched a little, but she did like it a lot. She then traced her finger on her own lips. “That was....unexpected.”

Rena then shot the widest smile at Jurina and licked her own lips a little. “I tasted chocolate cake for some reason. Or was it strawberry?”

“Care to find out again?”

“Hmm....” Rena was giving it a thought. “Maybe not.”

Jurina then placed her right hand over Rena’s waist and pulled her in before whispering in a soft and gentle tone. “What if I insist?”

“Uhmmmm.....” Rena was definitely shocked at Jurina’s action.

Before Rena could utter another word, Jurina pulled Rena in for a passionate kiss.

As soon as Rena pulled out from the kiss, her face was completely red. This was the first time she had a kiss like that. She started stuttering. “I........ You......... ” Rena had to slap her own face to get rid of all the weird thoughts that came into her head. “Stop thinking nonsense, me!”

Jurina smiled a little. “What were you thinking?”

“Something that is not your concern! You just stole my kiss!”

“You stole mine first.” Jurina replied.

“Y-You idiot! Mine was a peck! Yours was...... Ughh..... It’s not supposed to be like that!” Rena’s face got redder than before.

“Think of that kiss as a good luck charm.” Jurina smiled.

Remembering what she had to face tomorrow, Rena nodded shyly. “It’s getting late.. I have to go now. I have to get as much rest tonight as possible.. So... Hopefully I’ll see you again?” Rena let out a bitter smile.

“Of course you will.” Jurina nodded and hugged Rena tightly.

“But not tomorrow, okay?” Rena replied to hug as well.

“I promised you. Stay safe..”

It was late at night. Takamina tiptoed out into the dimly lit hallways, not wanting to wake anoybody up. She probably had planned to fight Akari alone, leaving even Atsuko and Rena out of this. As she made her way towards the dark main lobby, she was halted by a voice. She turned back and saw Atsuko standing a few feet away from her.

“I knew you would try to go alone..” Atsuko said as she pushed her sunglasses up. “Which was why I was ready for this the whole time.”

“Totally~” A voice was heard from above them suddenly.

Takamina looked up and saw Rena hanging upside down from the chandelier above. “Rena?”

Rena swung her body and did a beautiful flip before landing in front of them. “You are not going anywhere without me and Atsu nee-chan.”

“It’s best if I go alone.” Takamina said.

“Bla bla bla bla bla... Heard that so many times before. Tell me something new.” Rena yawned.

“When Team Taka was formed, we made a vow that we’ll stick together through all the hardships till the end, remember? We’ll go through this together too. Even if it’s a one way trip, then let the three of us go together..”

“What about Romeo?” Takamina asked.

“We have Yuki here to take care of Romeo for the time being.” Rena answered with a smile.

“Alright then.” Takamina nodded.

“Where are you three going?” A familiar voice echoed in the hallway. Speak of the devil.

“.....” The three of them turned back as they heard the voice from behind. “Yuki..”

Yuki glanced over each of their utility belt. All three of them were equipped with at least 10 Judgements. That was a very rare occasion for Team Taka. Usually they never needed more than 3. So, Yuki immediately knew that the three of them were going on a mission that is most probably a one way trip. “You’re going on a death mission?”

“This is solely Team Taka’s business, kid. Stay away.” Takamina told.

“Let me come along! I want to help!”

“Stay out of it, I said.” Takamina repeated. “I don’t need an extra baggage with me.”

“Why are you pushing me away like this!?”

“This isn’t your average mission you’ve been taking these past few years, kid.” Takamina answered. “And this has nothing to do with you!”

“STOP IT!” Yuki shouted all of a sudden, alerting the three of them. “You think I don’t know what you’re trying to do? You’re trying to keep me away from danger.. I know why... You see me as Minako, don’t you? You always have.”

Takamina clenched her fists silently, hearing those words. “....”

Yuki then continued. “GUESS WHAT!? I’M NOT YOUR SISTER! I’M NOT MINAKO!! SO STOP PUSHING ME AWAY JUST TO KEEP ME SAFE!”

“Yuki!” Atsuko and Rena were shocked with the words coming out from her mouth.

That sentence literally sent Takamina way past the boiling point. In an instant, Takamina leaped in and swung her fist right on Yuki’s face being angered so much. And as expected, Takamina’s fist was met with Yuki’s palm. Yuki was fast enough to react to Takamina’s punches. Takamina returned a glare. “You don’t even understand the situation.. How dare you utter those words to me..”

Keeping her composure, Yuki continued. “Stop trying to keep me away from danger, sensei.. I’m a brave warrior like you three too. I can help. Like you said, I’m already a Reaper now. So I am free to go whereever I want to. So I choose to come with you.”

“This is Team Taka’s business! Don’t butt in!” Takamina raised her voice.

“Team Taka or not, I can’t let y-” As Yuki was concentrating on Takamina, she accidentally let her guard down behind her. Atsuko suddenly appeared behind Yuki and chopped the back of her brain accurately. That single strike immediately cut off the contact between the nerves to the brain for a short moment and took the tall girl down immediately. Even as an elite Reaper, Yuki was still human. She was definitely vulnerable to a strike on the back of her brain. It was only that specific tiny spot at the back of one’s head that could take the person down immediately and Atsuko got it perfectly accurate. She wasn’t the smartest one for no reason. She knew the exact position of it.

Atsuko sighed. “I agree with you, Minami.. This is Team Taka’s business. We can’t pull her into this mess. Besides, Yuki is still too young for this. She has a long way to go.”

“Glad you understood, Atsuko.” Takamina nodded a little.

“......” Yuki laid on the ground unconcsious from Atsuko’s strike.

“She’ll be down for at least 2 hours. We should get going now before she wakes up.” Takamina said.

“.....” Rena could only look away with guilt. She then placed a packet of melon pan beside Yuki’s face.

Letting out a huge breath, the three of them made their way out of Legion and headed towards the biggest battle of their lives. As they made their way closer to the place where they were supposed to meet up, they began hearing weird noises and screeches coming from the darkness of the forest. There were at least a few hundred Spectres lurking around the area. On the ground and up in the trees. Akari was just sitting on a fallen tree trunk, staring back at them. The first thing Rena searched for was Jurina. It was a good thing that Jurina listened to Rena and stood this one out. This made Rena smile a little at the fact.

“That damned Jurina.. Where the hell did she go at a time like this...” Akari let out a scoff. “No matter.. I don’t need her to win..”

“Let’s get started already.” Takamina voiced out.

Akari then looked at the three of them. “Just the three of you? Where’s your army?”

Takamina looked right at Atsuko and then left at Rena before staring straight back at Akari. “We are the army.”

Chapter 14 : The History Of Team Taka - The Mysterious Black Button
END

NOTE : Next chapter is the final chapter for Team Taka's history. Lots of drama will be happening in the next chap. The remaining puzzle pieces will be filled in the next chap entitled as The History Of Team Taka - Despair
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:44:26 AM by kevinwkl »

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Tabibito