JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - She

Author Topic: Favorite dance/choreography  (Read 17662 times)

Offline Gblue

• 流れ星
  • Member+
  • 流れ星
Favorite dance/choreography
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 01:26:54 AM »
Momosu
The Peace! / Osaka Koi no Uta / Go Girl! ~Koi no Victory~

Berryz
Gyagu 100kai bun Aishite Kudasai / Jiriri Kiteru / Munasawagi Scarlet

C-ute
Soku Dakishimete / Massara Blue Jeans / Ookina Ai de Motenashite
I'm really interested to see choreography to As One, Yes! Shiawase and Endless Love ~I LOVE YOU MORE~

Offline Rijio

• Member+
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 01:31:42 AM »
Quote from: LovelyMermaid;272368
^ ooh Kowarenai's a fun one too! very cute :heart:

yup! I like the lil "shake your booty" thing in it with the kinda bells song:booty:

My forum on Japan~Music~Culture~etc. Clic~!

Offline Miichan

• Love Nono! <3
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 01:40:31 AM »
lol i know like 75% of all the Momusu dances and 99% Biyuuden and W so ill take the ones i like to dance the most XD

Robokiss XD feels kinda weird to dance by yourself though XD
Aisu cream to my purin
sexy boy

Offline Rijio

• Member+
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2007, 01:54:10 AM »
Last year I performed what T&C BOMBER called "lock dance" for a sports evaluation with friends. in the Hello Moni episode it seemed cool, but when we performed it it was much more like a "disaster".
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:53:46 AM by Rijio »

My forum on Japan~Music~Culture~etc. Clic~!

Offline num2son

• Member+
  • Nice to be Important but more Important to be Nice
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2007, 03:32:35 AM »
Quote from: takako;13770
The ones I tend to actually do the dance to are "The Peace!", "Renai Revolution 21", "LOVE Machine", and, of course,  "THE Manpower!!!"
XD

Co-sign, also JKM

Designed by Miichan

Offline Rikki2

• Member+
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2007, 03:19:32 AM »
I'm surprised at the number of people citing Renai Revolution 21, The Manpower, and Love Machine, as good MM dances.  RR21 is a dance only in the sense that the Macarena is a "dance":  There's a lot of arm movement, some upper body movement, a bit of simple side-to-side hip-shaking; but VERY LITTLE leg or foot movement.  And when they do move their feet, its a simple side step and back.  The Manpower is a bit better.  There's enough foot movement to call it a dance, but its actually among the simpler MM dances.  Love Machine is in a category all itself.  It also has very little foot movement, but the other movements they are making are so comical and fit so well with the song, its a visual delight anyway.

The Peace is by far the best MM dance.  As you can see in this dance practice video, in which the camera never moves and you can see their entire bodies the whole time, the Peace is much more complicated and has a wider variety of steps and movement.  (I notice, though, that the choreography is designed so that the weaker dancers don't attempt the harder, quicker, steps. )  Rika is the "star" of the dance (she's the one in all yellow) and deservedly so.  She's great in this dance.

The best H!P dancing I've ever seen is in the Tampopo song "Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru" with the line-up of Mari, Kago, Rika, and Kaori.  Kaori is a bit tentative and "small" in her movements but the other three are great. Here's a dance practice video that shows every move of all four of them:

The best dancers ever in MM are Rika, Mari, and Kago, in that order.  If I had to pick a number 4, I'd pick Hitomi Yoshizawa, but admittedly  she's significantly behind Kago in her abilities.  (Admittedly, also, I haven't looked carefully at the dancing of the post-4th-generation musume. )

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2007, 03:42:36 AM »
Love Machine and BALALAIKA! Russian dancing F.T.W. :heart:

And Summer Night Town
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2007, 03:51:02 AM »
Irropoi for the complicatedness and sexiness and hotness and bla bla bla....

In short irropoi FTW :D

The best dancer, Takahashi. This girl gives her all and she's good in dancing. When you put hardwork + talent together you get Ai chan. I would have chosen Miki if she gives her 100% in all performances. I just like the way she dance, the aura. And then you have Eri who performs certain dance routine very well.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 03:56:21 AM by ferrar1 »

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Pen-Pen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 12:15:06 PM »
For H!P as a whole it's Jireri Kiteru. Miyabi is hands down amazing in that video and I really like how the choreography uses the girls as an entire unit in the breakdown instrumental portion in the middle and two distinct halves during the chorus. There's this sense of urgency, grace, and power throughout the PV and it just blows my mind how young Berryz still are.

For MoMusu I like Roman's dance a lot. It's simple but very cool and stylish. The para-para parts in this song aren't over done and the song itself is legitimate music and non-gimmicky. Mr. Moonlight would probably be my second pick just because of the amount of style and awesomeness that Yossie exudes when performing it. I like the energy in Shabondama but the movements there really lack direction and any sense of crispness. The Peace! is also enjoyable.

Offline surezal

• バカ がと!
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2007, 01:01:21 PM »
Irropoi! They are just too hot when they dance.

Offline crazychickencow

• ☆Property of Reina Tanaka☆
  • Member+
  • Pimp and skank <3
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2007, 12:19:39 AM »
I'm torn between 3. (All of which I know by heart hahaha I lose at life) Do it! Now, Iroppoi Jirettai, and THE Manpower!!! (pelvic thrusting ftw!)

|Wonky Love||Erien Files||Taka's Ho|
|my lj|
I'm a girl. As in, not a dude. The name's Lauren (AKA Rin AKA Lor AKA LaLa) but if you insist on calling me by my username don't call me "crazy" "chicken" or "cow." Do what the cool kids do and say C3 or CC.
:)

Offline MoonsaultV1

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2007, 08:58:33 AM »
... I can't believe that Ishouha Renoir You Ni didn't get a mention (from what I can see :P)

I really think that the dance for that song looks really nice! The formations and different moves make it seem really awesome and they perform it with a cool aura, I love it!

Other mentions :

GAG100kaibun Aishite Kudasai
Iroppoi Jirettai
Roman ~My Dear Boy~
Jiriri Kiteru

Sexy Boy ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~ has an simple, yet fun and awesome dance, it's a favorite for me to karaoke and dance to =X

Offline GTO_MM

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2007, 11:11:59 AM »
Mine :
Iroppoi
Manpower
Roman ~My ear Boy

credit: straw-chan

Breakthrough .... Ima Koko de Sakebuzee !!!

Offline LegendKiller86™

• ILuvMyReina
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2007, 06:32:46 AM »
Here's mine:
1. Roman~MY DEAR BOY~
2. Ambitious!
3. Renai Revolution 21

:)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2007, 07:34:22 AM »
Quote from: MoonsaultV1;275593
... I can't believe that Ishouha Renoir You Ni didn't get a mention (from what I can see :P)
Ah yeah, I love that choreography, I keep watching the Dance Shot over and over again :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Sayumi

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2007, 10:27:48 PM »
Renai Revolution 21
Osaka Koi no Uta
The Peace!
THE MANPOWER!!
Roman ~My Dear Boy~
Miss Love Tantei
Kacchoii ze! JAPAN
Ajisai AI Ai Monogatari
Dacing! Natsu Matsuri
Suteki! Kisetsu - My Karaoke Forum :3

Offline max1234530

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2007, 01:35:52 AM »
The Manpower
The Peace
and Renai Revolution

Signature and avatar by Rei.rev.07 ^^

Offline yumestarlet

• Hmm~ YES MY LOVE!
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2007, 03:01:51 AM »
Quote from: Rikki2;273654
I'm surprised at the number of people citing Renai Revolution 21, The Manpower, and Love Machine, as good MM dances.  RR21 is a dance only in the sense that the Macarena is a "dance":  There's a lot of arm movement, some upper body movement, a bit of simple side-to-side hip-shaking; but VERY LITTLE leg or foot movement.  And when they do move their feet, its a simple side step and back.  The Manpower is a bit better.  There's enough foot movement to call it a dance, but its actually among the simpler MM dances.  Love Machine is in a category all itself.  It also has very little foot movement, but the other movements they are making are so comical and fit so well with the song, its a visual delight anyway.

I think the reason so many people like dances like those is because they're more memorable than complicated. RR21 has those characteristic arm swings, and I can remember seeing a fair bit of TV hosts and such busting out the RR21 moves. It easy, fun, and the move itself just gets stuck in your head. XD I don't think anyone will forget the Manpower's hip-thrusts, and like you said, Love Machine is a visual delight, and just a fun song in general. They're really defined dances, and despite their simplicity, when I think of MM dances, these typically are the first ones to come to mind. :D

Umeda Erika | Linlin & Junjun | Sugaya Risako & Tokunaga Chinami | Noto Arisa | Sugiura Riho
& MUCH thanks to genericpaperdoll for the lovely ava! :heart:

Egao YES Idols -- New blog on H!P and other J-pop idols!

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2007, 03:28:20 AM »
don't hurt me but...

mine would be Shabondama

so it's, not really a dance, more like, Momusu on Ecstacy or something (points to disturbing Odore!M.Curry perf.) ... haha.. but hey... i choose it because it fits the song. something which is not usually seen..

for berryz, i choose Munasuka of course, funky leg -mini- jumps, and well choreographed sequences, and need I say it? gei move.

notable one would also be Roman ~mdb~, and THE MANPOWAA!!!

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline Sanae

• ただいま 恋愛中
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2007, 04:48:09 AM »
Iroppoi is the best choreography. I think others are only movements, not really dances. Anyway, I think Osaka Koi no Uta is okay too.

Quote from: ferrar1;273689

The best dancer, Takahashi. This girl gives her all and she's good in dancing. When you put hardwork + talent together you get Ai chan. I would have chosen Miki if she gives her 100% in all performances. I just like the way she dance, the aura. And then you have Eri who performs certain dance routine very well.

I agree Takahashi is the best dancer. However what makes Takahashi good at dancing is her ballet technique. Take me as an example, I have learned ballet since I was five. Right now I am able to catch up many types of dances quickly because of all the ballet techniques I've learnt. It's the same as Takahashi probably. I think she is not particularly talented in dancing. When there's a dance improvisation section in concerts (like Purple Wind), Takahashi usually does all the ballet-related moves but not the other types of dances. She applies what she has learnt and does it beautifully. But she lacks natural talent, or maybe creativity? Sometimes it is bored to see her doing the similar moves all the time.

It is quite supervisal to say which member has the talent. But for me, I think Eri, Mari, Rika have the talents. However hardwork can help. We cannot just rely on talent isn't it? Takahashi's really hardworking on this. Also Risa, Miki, Nono, Yossi, Reina, Sayu and of course Kaori (although she's not good at body coordination)!

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - She