JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Harenchi Punch - Doki Doki! My Sister Soul

Author Topic: DR. TRAN: #1 American Icon  (Read 2581 times)

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
DR. TRAN: #1 American Icon
« on: September 03, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »
DR. TRAN

"Here Comes Dr. Tran" is a 7-minute 46 second long animated short film that has become an internet meme. It is the first in the Dr. Tran series. It and the accompanying shorts featuring the titular character detail a young boy being shanghaied by American mass media into becoming a James Bond-esque character in a 30,000-strong film series with a cornucopia of product tie-ins.

The cartoon was created in 2003 by Breehn Burns and Jason Johnson under Lone Sausage Productions, and it premiered at Spike and Mike's Festival of Animation. Over 70,000 pairs of 3-D glasses were produced solely for the short 3-D sequence in the film (less than three seconds long). Critics have called the short, "far and away the best addition to the festival".[1][2] Episodes of Dr. Tran are regularly featured in the festival which tours the U.S. and Canada. The courageous little doctor has been compared in greatness to Chuck Norris.

After it became available on G4tv, dozens of bootlegs of the video were uploaded to YouTube and hundreds of blogs began linking to it, greatly increasing its popularity.

(From Wikipedia)

Dr. Tran Episodes
Dr. Tran Web Database

Dr. Tran - Fruit Hat

Dr. Tran MAIL (S1, Ep01) "Murder List"

One of the producers goes to the drawing forum I go to and he's posting these up. I saw one a while back and thought it was funny. Then he posted "Fruit Hat" not long ago and I just saw the "Murder List" one today and loved it.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Harenchi Punch - Doki Doki! My Sister Soul