JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Kyou mo Mattemasu

Author Topic: Vanquish  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Vanquish
« on: August 05, 2010, 02:49:39 PM »

Vanquish is an upcoming video game in development by Platinum Games and published by Sega for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.The game is due for release in October 2010. It is Shinji Mikami's first game under the Platinum Games brand. The game has been in development since 2007; in January 2010, a full motion video trailer was released. Atsushi Inaba is producing the game. Mikami has stated that the game is being developed with the PlayStation 3 as its lead platform, commenting that it was a "great success.

The more I see of it, the more I want to play it. The set up looks to appeal to a wider market, but the details and the gameplay is pure Shinji Mikami bedlam.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Vanquish
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
That looks glorious.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 11:32:58 AM »
PlatinumGames producer Atsushi Inaba has confirmed a demo for upcoming third-person shooter Vanquish.

That's according to Andriasang, which reports that the demo is due out for PS3 and Xbox 360 on 2nd September in Japan, at least.

The teaser will allow players to go through a prologue sequence and go up against Argos in a boss fight, perhaps emerging with some bargain cutlery and a couple of new draught excluders.

Called "Velocity Attack", the demo will be playable on casual and normal difficulties. The former diminishes your manhood by introducing an auto-aim feature.

According to reports, the demo at next month's Tokyo Game Show will expand on Velocity Attack with new playable areas and a surprise appearance by a familiar face.

Vanquish is a third-person cover shooter set in the near future when the world's resources are almost depleted.

The Russians and US are violently disputing ownership of a space station designed to draw energy from the sun, and you play a dude in a lightweight mech suit sent in to separate the men from the armoured soldiers with rechargeable shields.

Check out our Vanquish hands-on preview from a few weeks ago to see whether it's up your street.

Publisher SEGA recently announced that Vanquish will be released on 22nd October in Europe.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 03:08:05 PM »
Demo out for PS3 today! 360 version tomorrow :w00t:

The Xbox 360 demo of PlatinumGames' exciting space shooter Vanquish has been held back until tomorrow.

The PS3 version, meanwhile, will still be released today - "hopefully sometime this afternoon," the publisher said in a statement.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »
The demo is awesome, like, I wanna touch myself levels of awesome :w00t:

Listen to that voice acting, URGH! This is a total man's game, I grew a beard just by playing it! Giant Bomb have 10 mins of footage of the following chapter as well
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 02:20:26 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 01:58:56 AM »

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 02:24:33 AM »
I played the demo I even though I wasn't expecting much, man I WAS BLOWN AWAY !!!
Everything the guys at Platinum Games touch turns to gold (or should I say, Platinum  :P )

One of my favorite games of this year is Bayonetta which is made by them and if Vanquish as half as good as the demo I'm sure it'll be awesome. And bear in mind, I've been sick of shooters for a while but this one is something else.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 04:44:44 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 06:19:55 PM »
There's another demo out on PSN! In Japan :banghead: It'll make it's way over here eventually, I think it might even be released after the proper game releases if rumour is to be believed, but it's a showcase of 'Challenge Mode', a game type found in the full game that pits you off against wave after wave of foes.

Thinking about it more, while it sounds like a mode that I will love in the actual game, I'm not sure I'd want to play this demo, cause then I'd see enemy types that I'm probably not supposed to until maybe the later parts of the game, and it might ruin the element of surprise. Still, neat idea though. :)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »

Offline Kamijou Toma

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 02:35:55 AM »
I played the demo for this game and really enjoyed it. Its honestly one of those games I consider good enough to be bought on the day it comes out.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
I just watched one video now. It feels like my eyes have just had sex. It looks to me like Kill Zone 2 done right. In third person, of course.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »
Vanquish is out this week! :o

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »
So anybody playing it? I haven't, wondering if I should get it, but my hands are tied up with so many other games right now. Though I do want to buy it and show some love for Platinum. Should probably just finish off Mass Effect 2 and replace one sci-fi shooter with another! One thing's for sure though, it's highly in favour with many people. Apart from the naysayers who bemoan the lack of competitive multiplayer, and thus having no depth. While I think multiplayer would be cool, I don't think Vanquish is a a letdown because it doesn't have it. And to say it doesn't have depth would be crazy talk, considering just how goddamn fun it is to play, and the replayability there is in getting high scores, higer difficulty settings etc. Like Bayonetta!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:23:10 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 02:42:06 AM »
Took a while, but me and Vanquish have now connected. The weapon upgrade system isn't explained all that well and in essence it's almost counter-productive as you shouldn't use the weapon you want upgrading so it's always at full ammo and any time you scan in the same weapon on the battlefield it goes towards upgrading your weapon rather than being an ammo refill. My hangup with it was determining if it was persistent, or if maybe you traded a weapon for something else then all the upgrades you applied were lost, but it just dawned on me tonight that it's not the case.

But yeh absolutely cannot complain right now. Well, aside from the story, but it's completely irrelevant as Vanquish is an extremely fast shooter that makes Gears of War look as slow as hell in comparison. Amazes me how something like this can process huge explosions and lovely particle effects at 60 fps, but a farting animation in Fable delivers framerate issues.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 08:21:22 AM »
Completed it last night. It was awesome. I couldn't care less about the story but the gameplay was top quality, as you'd expect from Platinum. Even the credit sequence was fun to play! Will definately try it again on Hard & God Hard mode and try to complete the tactical challenges and achievements. Love it.

Also love looking at high level Vanquish players :o

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 12:47:03 AM »
Completed it again on Hard difficulty there now. It's exactly as it says it is, you can die a lot quicker if you're not careful. But that's the beauty of the game, if you die, you know it's not through some glitch or fault of the game, it's all on you. So it leaves only 4 achievements left to get. The hardest will be to clear all the challenge levels (easier said than done) and to go through the whole game once without dying once. I'm gonna try it :nervous

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Kyou mo Mattemasu