JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Koe

Author Topic: Worst Anime Twists  (Read 4661 times)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
Worst Anime Twists
« on: December 01, 2013, 03:34:31 PM »
What in your opinon are some of the worst twists in anime history?

This topic will contain massive spoilers for any series mentioned, so please mark accordingly!!
I'm going to write in white letters to cover my spoilers, so if you use the black forum theme you might see them anyway  :nervous

Onegai Teacher

1) The entire series is about a student/teacher relationship, it's then revealed that the student is really much older than he looks and just did really badly at his exams. It totally feels like the mangaka is just covering his ass for writing about this subject "Hey it's okay! he's actually 20!" and the entire forbidden love aspect just disappears entirely.

2) The teacher turns out to be AN ALIEN ...... yep. And it's not even really played for laughs (or it just didn't end up being that funny)

Gundam 00

1) After Stratos is killed, he is replaced with his identical twin brother in season 2, who looks, sounds and even acts mostly the same, and even has the same codename, to the point where he practically IS his brother, apart from occasionally being sad about his brother being dead.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: Worst Anime Twists
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 09:20:56 PM »
Robotics;Notes
I think a lot of people had high hopes for the show, and were disappointed by how bad all the story threads bunched into a total mess. I thought Eva was cryptic...
Chaos Head and Steins Gate were so damn good, you'd think there's no way these guys could dish out anything bad.

Sorry if I don't remember the details right. The ending is the dead crazy scientist guy Kirijima made himself immortal by computerizing himself. Controlling the heroine's older sister to do his bidding and making her fight the main characters with a huge army-grade spider robo. And basically planning to kill everyone with crazed robots, for some experiment.
The premise is great, but the viewers aren't explained on so much info. It physically hurts to even try to understand the story.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
Granted I haven't seen that much anime so I'll just say what I thought was the most ridiculous

Death Note

Through some magic bullshit rule that only gets introduced at the last minute, Light is able to temporarily lose all memory of the death note and lose police suspicion on him. He then spends the next 8 episodes helping out the police in some other random bullshit crime that has very little to do with the main plot and just screams out filler material to extend the series. Also, L dying. He's hyped as the most brilliant detective in the world and is one of the most interesting characters and then gets killed. Big shock, obviously, which sets the mind racing. Has Light won? I mean, where does the series go from here, now that there is nobody to complete with Light's intellect? What's that? Oh L has a student who is also a master detective and a crazy eccentric as well and has only been mentioned now? Gee that's handy.

Also Yu-Gi-Oh. These weren't so much plot twists as it was just how the show could be at times. I was 12 and even I saw the ridiculousness that these battle sequences would happen more than once.

Yu-gi-oh: I play my dark magician which can deal triple damage to your life points!
Villian: Not so fast! My creature can automatically repel magic and deflect it back directly at you! You're finished now..
Yu-gi-oh: Except, with my special magic card which has never been shown until now I can break the rules of the game and deflect your spell right back at you! It's over!
Villian:*smirk: Except...I am now able to introduce some magic bullshit rule that allows me to play a new card never shown before which can conveniently negate your attack!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:10:30 PM by Tuffty »

Offline pmnajib90

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 10:39:16 AM »
Exciting! :O

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Koe