JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Angel Song -Eve no Kane-

Author Topic: GRINDHOUSE (Tarantino & Rodriguez movie)  (Read 7175 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
GRINDHOUSE (Tarantino & Rodriguez movie)
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:14:44 AM »
]

The 3 hour movie from the genius minds of Robert Rodriguez (Desperado, Sin City, Spy Kids) and Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs)!!! It's just too funny - pure sick and violent. Ya gotta see it if you're a fan. Love the trailers too. WHO watched this? Whaddya think?

Nuff spoilers already. Here's the trailer:
[youtube=425,350]r9GOyle6YqA[/youtube]

OFFICIAL SITE: http://www.grindhousemovie.net/

For the LADIES of GRINDHOUSE, head ur ass over to LLF:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=10370.0

Offline Levin

• Tae Yeon<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: GRINDHOUSE (Tarantino & Rodriguez movie)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:32:49 AM »
I want to see this because one of the cars is the muscle car version of the Pussy Wagon from Kill Bill Vol.1 (I'm a big KB fan). I miss it and wished it was in Vol.2. Haha, only Quentin Tarantino would pay homage to himself.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 12:59:31 AM »
I saw this opening day. Awesome shit! hilarious, disgusting, sexy, and whatever emotion is probably packed in the 3 hours. I liked Planet Terror more than Death Proof, but they're both awesome. Death Proof started off pretty slow, but it got crazy when the action started. That crash scene is probably the most memorable part of the movie. The ending is also awesome, but what about Lee?! Planet terror was nasty, lol. A bunch of random explosions and shit.

The fake trailers might just be the best part. Machete was actually written by Rodriguez a long time ago, but he never got around to filming. I think he's gonna make it a full movie straight to DVD with Grindhouse. Rob Zombie's was the strangest shit ever. Edgar Wright's was hilarious. And Eli Roth's probably got the most "oooohhhhh!!" from the audience.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 02:33:33 PM »
Thanks to ZenMaster @ HJU for originally finding this article and posting about it there.

Quote from: ZenMaster;202937
Apparently, this guy Stephen Tramontana made a film entitled Grindhouse in 2003 and had approached Tarantino to possibly distribute the thing.  The film won best horror at the 2003 New York International Film and Video Festival.  Of course, now he's accusing Tarantino of stealing the idea for the current Grindhouse.

You can read all about it at the guy's site, but it sounds a bit screwy to me.  Most studios don't like receiving unsolicited material so they don't get accused of stealing which is exactly what's going on here.  It's more than likely that Tarantino and Rodriguez have been working on this for years without knowing about the other Grindhouse, but there's still some question.

You can see the original Grindhouse for 99 cents.  I suspect that it's not as much fun as Tarantino and Rodriguez's.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to try something like this. :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Dyka

• The Legendary Q
  • ecchi
  • girlz buttz
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 01:28:10 AM »
I watched the film on opening day. I'm gonna make this brief:

Planet Terror is a man's film. So much so that women should not be allowed to see it. All the explosions, guns, women, explosions, explosions, ammo, swearing, explosions, explosions, explosions, fighting, and blood and gore are all topped by one thing: the perfect BBQ recipe. In fact I think it's the only thing in the movie that didn't witness an explosion.

Death Proof was boring as hell but once it had some action it was quality on film. The car chase scene had me gripping my hands in tension, and the ending got an applause from the entire audience.

Even shorter: watch Grindhouse.

Offline makeme

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »
As Cheesy as the trailer looks, I cant to see this one. Especially planet terror.

Offline Marco Malvado

• Kagotaku
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Grrrrrr...
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 12:05:17 AM »
Saw it last night. I'm a longtime fan of both directors, so it scratched me exactly where I itch. It's over-the-top, silly, self-indulgent and an awesome ride.

"Planet Terror" is a love letter to the golden age of splatter films including cameos by lots of old favorites -- TOM SAVINI!!!11!!1!! Wicked fucking fun!

Surprisingly, Death Proof is kind of a chick flick -- in the best possible way! Female empowerment galore and a shameless love letter to Zoe Bell. If you don't know who she is, you'll be in love with her when you walk out, at which point you should rent the documentary "Double Dare" for her backstory.

...and if you didn't already know, Tarantino is an outspoken foot-fetishist. Keep that in mind when watching "Death Proof" and drink every time there's a sexy foot shot.
-=Marco=-

Offline jpfn

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 06:20:05 AM »
movie was pretty good, i enjoed it

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 10:20:58 AM »
movie was pretty good, i enjoed it
Can we get 100 posts deducted from this person for all the one-liners *and* the bad spelling??

:err:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:21:52 AM by frblckstr1 »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 04:25:22 PM »
I I liked death proof better than planet terror. Both were really good, but planet creeped be out. I looked at death proof being more....livelier, since most of it was during the day time.And when I think about proof, I just realized that they were in that bar for a long ass time
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 12:11:40 PM »
It isn't released over here yet (UK) but I heard they were going to be making it two films in cinemas here. Something to do with the fact that we don't understand the concept of a double feature......

They're releasing seperate soundtracks and they'll probably do the same with the DVDs just to make more money.

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 05:14:05 AM »
The best $10 I've ever spent! I absolutely adored it, I'm dying to see it again.

Planet Terror - I liked it more than Death Proof (seems like everybody else felt the same way) Everything about it was just perfect  :heart:

Trailers - My favorite was out of them was Thanksgiving! I don't really care for Eli Roth, but I thought the preview was great. Aside from me, there was only one other female in the theatre (my sister) but I think I ended up groaning loudly enough for everybody in there XD Rob Zombie's was funny, too! I can't wait to see what he does with Halloween. Great music and great films from him

Death Proof - I did enjoy it, but I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if it came first. It got a bit too slow and by then, I think everybody was getting tired out. But even if it felt like it was 15 minutes too long, I think there was a point to it. Tarantino wanted to jerk the audience around, so the scenes that followed the boring talking seemed so much greater.

If you haven't already: GO SEE IT, NOW!
rina ♥ mini

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 05:36:58 AM »
It's too quiet in here, so I figured I would share some files. First up:

1.) Grindhouse (Main Titles)
2.) Doc Block
3.) Sickos
4.) You Belong to Me
5.) Go Go Not Cry Cry
6.) Hospital Epidemic
7.) Usless Talent #32
8.) His Perscription...Pain
9.) Cherry Darling
10.) The Grindhouse Blues
11.) El Wray
12.) Police Station Assault
13.) Dakota
14.) Zero to Fifty in Four
15.) Fury Road
16.) Helicopter Sicko Chopper
17.) The Ring in the Jacket
18.) Killer Legs
19.) Melting Member
20.) Too Drunk to Fuck

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8k6bju

Coming up next is the Death Proof soundtrack, followed by scans from various magazines and a few from the book that was released!
rina ♥ mini

Offline robytronix

• ecchi
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 06:32:55 AM »
Word! Finally

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 05:15:09 AM »

1.) The Last Race
2.) Baby, It's You
3.) Paranoia Prima
4.) Planning & Scheming
5.) Jeepster
6.) Stuntman Mike
7.) Staggolee
8.) The Love You Save (May Be Your Own)
9.) Good Love, Bad Love
10.) Down In Mexico
11.) Hold Tight
12.) Sally And Jack
13.) It's So Easy
14.) Whatever-However
15.) Riot In Thunder Alley
16.) Chick Habit

http://www.sendspace.com/file/61emjl

Next up, scans of my collected Grindhouse articles!
rina ♥ mini

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 08:57:40 PM »
What, you all thought I was going to let this thread die? Not a chance

Previews:

Sorry I got lazy and didn't bother uploading the other scans like that, but I did manage to zip and upload them on sendspace.

Rue Morgue magazine, April 2007 http://www.sendspace.com/file/b5ryay

Completely worth the download! It was a very well done feature on the history of grindhouses and the current film. But just a warning, the scans are incredibly large. Also, sorry about the paint I got on the cover!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:00:20 PM by serenamil »
rina ♥ mini

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 06:08:55 AM »
I like Planet Terror more, lots of action and violence.  Death Proof had too much talking in it.

The Trailer for Machete! lol

Offline vergil83

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 09:26:39 AM »
Just watch it today. Planet Terror was good while Death Proof is kinda slow. Overall both movies are really good. It really got my day going. I'm planning to watch it again later this week.

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 08:14:17 PM »
HAPPY BELATED DEATH PROOF RELEASE DAY, ESTONIA!  :D
rina ♥ mini

Offline jimmy

• I'm not a cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 09:45:01 PM »
The critics were too hard on this movie imo. I was expecting it to be awful but it was actually pretty good :)

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Angel Song -Eve no Kane-