JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Lost In Love

Author Topic: (Artist) IU (아이유)  (Read 103652 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) IU (아이유)
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2012, 11:40:18 PM »

IU appearing on Made in BS Japan show, in five parts. Cute stuff whenever she's semi-baffled while talking. Lurking translator dude was mildly distracting. :P

Some commercial shootin', IU looking very mature here. XD

IU modeling for G by Guess.

IU is the exclusive model for the cosmetics brand "The Saem". Pics from a photoshoot...

Monkey business is booming. Ook. :monkey:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:51:54 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2012, 04:52:17 AM »

Monkey business is booming. Ook. :monkey:

Awww IU such a qt~ :heart:

So does anyone know how well she's doing so far?

Offline K-Painter

Re: (Artist) IU (아이유) [FAN ART]
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2012, 03:29:11 PM »
Hi Everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (I'm new here! :) ) If not, let me know and I'll remove it!
This is a painting I did of Beautiful IU! I hope you like it! Enjoy!

K-Painter

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2012, 03:27:30 AM »

Japan promotions means lots of flying back and forth, so here's more airport action.

Yep, yep... rocking that airport fashion.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2012, 03:36:29 AM »
^That totally sweet jacket and boots. WANT. :O

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2012, 09:02:53 AM »

HAHA IU enjoying her hug from Taeyang  :lol:.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2012, 03:27:35 AM »

Haha yeah, knowing what a Taeyang fangirl she is, IU must've enjoyed that quite a bit. Lol @ the dudes cheering Taeyang along. :lol:

Some fancams of IU performing at "K-Collection in Seoul" fashion concert.

And pics of the same.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »

IU posing for Vogue Girl Japan.

Man, those some killer heels.

And more of that commercial shootin. Slurp Noodles. Tasty. :lick:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »

More airport fashion... this time IU's heading to Hanoi, Vietnam.

Elite Commercial shootan with Infinite.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:57:58 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »

A teaser... for a noodle commercial? Well, alright.

IU's got some love to give. Some nice size pics from the Elite photoshoot with the Infinite dudes.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »

Pics from IU's 2012 K-star calendar. Batter up. And surf's up. And... so on.

IU's also at Music Bank Vietnam, some pics...

More of those super cute noodle commercial teasers. :wub:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2012, 08:10:16 AM »
goossssh no wonder my teeth are aching. noooice STryffer wall to wall to wall cuteness.  HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING IUNIACS!!  lips is moist (google translate lol) "Sakura of Tokyo" pimpage:

Cr:中央日報

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2012, 05:42:05 AM »
I don't even know if this has already been translated. But I've been getting rusty without much practice, so here it is.

Getting nervous about her long-awaited debut in Japan ...

Q: At long last, your Japanese debut. There are many who have waited for this, but please IU, tell us your own thoughts and feelings about this development.
A: Well I've been really nervous (about it). That said, I'm happy for this new start in Japan, and from now on will work hard.

Q: It's surprising to see that you can speak Japanese well. Can you have full conversations in Japanese?
A: Erm ... If it's an easy conversation, sure. But I'm still lacking in the vocabulary department, so I still find Japanese difficult.

Q: But your intonation is decent; your memory works fast, doesn't it?
A: My Japanese teacher is really interesting, so I've been able to have fun in my daily Japanese lessons.

Q: Of the Japanese you've learned, what (expressions in Japanese) have left an impression in your mind?
A: 'Ii de wa naika' (expression used to suggest a solution), 'Saraba' (goodbye), '___ dono' (honorific)

Q: *laughs* Those expressions, they're kind of ...
A: My teacher taught me old Japanese language on purpose *laughs*

Q: I see. You like Japanese anime, don't you, IU?
A: Yes. My favourite is 'Natsume Yuujinchou'. I like it so much, I was the one that suggested I sing the theme song at one of my lives (24th January, at Shibuya Bunkamura Orchard Hall). Also, 'Fruits Basket', or the one with the gyaru in an academy ... I forgot the title. *laughs* Even in Korea anime is broadcasted in Japanese, so it's useful for learning.

What made you aspire to be a singer?

Q: You've made the most use of your time, haven't you. When it comes to IU, you utilize your high register. Using advanced techniques to raise the key, your '3 stage booster' has wowed many. When did you realize your skill as a singer? Please tell us how you came to aspire to be a singer.
A: Since I was a child, I've loved music, but only when I was in my first year of middle school (~13 yo) did I think 'I want to be a singer'. I started my dance, singing and acting lessons the year after.

Q: Was that at the recommendation of those who heard you sing?
A: Oh no, I rarely sang for anyone. That was what I myself thought. The only people that heard me sing were my family. My dad loves to karaoke, so we'd always go together.

Q: That is to say, that's where you cultured this (singing) talent?
A: I think it was pretty good practise.

Q: In a way, your father was your singing coach?
A: *immediate response* No, no. My dad's no good at all. *laughs* He just loves music. *laughs* He's always so absorbed in his own singing, he didn't listen to my singing at all *laughs*

Q: He's a very individualistic person, huh?
A: Yep. He's really interesting.

Q: And then, continuing from fulfilling your dream as a singer with your Korean debut, you have also released a Japanese version of 'Good Day'. Like in the starting lyrics, this song is a catchy pop number that invokes a feeling of the blue sky, isn't it?
A: When I saw the lyrics to this song, I was reminded of the blue sky, and the cherry blossom trees.

Q: Do you do things like cherry blossom viewings in Korea as well?
A: Oh, yes. In the spring, we bring along some food, and sit under tree to eat. I've heard that in Japan you drink (alcohol) as well, but it's more picnicky in Korea.

Q: I see. 'Good Day' is a positive song, perfect for the spring. Was there any difficulty you faced while recording the song in Japanese? In your case though, it doesn't seem like you have much trouble with Japanese ...
A: Definitely the pronounciation. 'tsu', 'ya', 'n' - I have trouble even now *laughs*

Tell the one you like about your feelings!

Q: This song is about the feelings of a girl who can't confess her feelings to someone she loves. Is this girl you?
A: No, I'm straightforward with my feelings. There's only the question of whether it went well or not, so you might as well, and at the same time let your feelings settle. Even if the first time was a 'no', it's okay! There's always a second time *laughs*

Q: Before one confesses, and even if its a refusal after, she can listen to this song and get back some of that power, no?
A: I think it's great for shy girls to listen to this song. It enables empathy. Confession is not a very hard thing to do, so I'd like (them) to pick up some courage, and give the other party their honest feelings. If there's really no way for her to use words to convey her feelings, then bring the boy to karaoke and sing this song to say 'this is how I feel'.

Q: But what about the '3 stage booster'?
A: It's fine if you can't do that. It's hard even for me. Please tailor that to your own ability. Just say 'oppa oppa' cutely, and dance; you'll get him *laughs*

Q: Incidentally, how would you analyze your own personality?
A: My friends always describe me as cool person who's personality is hard to grasp. *laughs* I'd say I match the environment and the people I come into contact with. Maybe someone who doesn't have her own purpose, and can frequently change. Not in a bad way, however.

Q: So someone who can read the atmosphere.
A: Exactly.

Q: Because of that, you're able to demonstrate different songs and feelings? That said, the coupling song for 'Good Day', 'Rain Drop' is a complete 180 from the A-side, it's a heartwrenching song.
A: It's a song with a beautiful sound and melody that resonates throughout the whole body, I think.

There are many things you want to do in Japan

Q: On the 3rd of March you were in Tokyo Girls' Collection, do you have interest in fashion?
A: I have no idea about fashion at all. *laughs* I like cute things, but I prefer Japanese movies to fashion. I especially love (Studio) Ghibli films, so I want to visit the Ghibli museum. I like temples as well, so I'd love to go to Kyoto and go around visiting all the temples. I want to go to Disneyland. Of course, I want to do a concert!

Q: In any case, there's a line in 'Good Day', which refers to a wish. If there's one wish you'd like to see fulfilled, what would it be?
A: I want to be able to control time. With the teleportation afforded by a Time Machine, it'd be easy to travel to Korea and Japan!

Q: A wish that a famous star would make indeed. As a close, please address the readers.
A: Please support IU! Please take care not to catch a cold!

Any translation errors are mine.

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
man she gonna be doin so well in Japan. DONT BE SHY!! GET A LITTLE CLOSER! natural fashion queen no doubt :yep:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »

Great job, mal!  :bow:  Aww yeah Ghibli. :heart:  Here's all dem pics from that interview.

Small, but awesome. Both the pics and the girl. :P

Rawr. Yeah, IU been appearing in a bunch of Japanese mags. Scans from Hanryu Pia.

Haru Hana.

CanCam.

And some of that good old airport fashion. Nice bunny.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:53:00 PM by Stryfe »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2012, 05:34:36 PM »

^ Good stuff! And lol @ some of her conversations, talking with cat sounds and stuff. XD

Airport fashion time. Looking good in black and white. Love her dark style with red lipstick. :yep:

:wub:

More Japanese magazine scans and photos. None in amazing quality, but what the hell. She's appearing in a lot of mags down there...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:40:21 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »

Hahaa, love the book dork IU. XD

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2012, 02:00:03 AM »

Just watched the recent Running Man (ep 77) that IU was a guest in. The morning call bit was awesome, I know this is what I'd want to wake up to. :lol:

http://tower.jp/article/series/2012/03/27/iu

IU @ Tower Records in Japan for a Kpop Lovers u-stream show. Caught a glimpse of this but IU was gone at that point.

More of dem Japanese mag appearances. No end in sight.

More G by Guess pics!

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »

I wished LOEN ent would sub the video like YG Ent does. Looks like we'll get to see part of her trip to disneyland in the next episode/part.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Lost In Love