JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T - Pay Day

Author Topic: Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds (2009)  (Read 18634 times)

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Re: Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds (2009)
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »
^ CUTS, WHAT?  :angry:

If anything, it seemed like the audience wanted a few scenes added. A lot of questions from the Q & A after the movie were about what wasn't shown. They can't do it, and especially not from the bar scene.

I forgot to mention this amid my squealing, but the way he used Bowie in the movie? Absolutely classic, I'd put it on the level of Stuck in the Middle With You during the torture scene in Reservoir Dogs  :twothumbs
rina ♥ mini

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 06:37:12 PM »
Italian poster:

The coolest movie poster I have seen in ages :yep:

If anything, it seemed like the audience wanted a few scenes added. A lot of questions from the Q & A after the movie were about what wasn't shown. They can't do it, and especially not from the bar scene.
They should at least add back Maggie Cheung's scene(s). I'm still pissed off that she was cut out from the movie :thumbdown:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2009, 07:09:18 AM »
Damn. I think they might have been making this movie just for me. :lol: All my favorite stuff and by one of my favorite directors.

This and Moon are my most anticipated for the year.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 06:37:25 AM »
Harvey Weinstein Berates Bloggers Over Basterds Cutting Rumors

You gotta love Harvey Weinstein. I imagine he'd be more than happy to fight anyone who asks (kind of like Uwe Boll). Right now I'm certain all that's on his mind is making sure that Inglourious Basterds, The Road, and Rob Marshall's Nine are huge hits, or The Weinstein Company may not make it to next year. A month ago, the web was abuzz with a controversial rumor that Quentin Tarantino was being forced by Harvey Weinstein to cut some 40 minutes off of Inglourious Basterds. It seemed hokey anyway, as it came from a very skeptical report on The Wrap. But now Harvey sets it all straight in this GQ interview.

"Those stories are all untrue. There's no fucking way. Here, read my lips: That is nuts. Please don't even write that, it's insanity. There's not even a question of that. Whatever you're reading, it's like some insane blogger… There's no truth to any of this. He's not gonna cut. What he's doing is just reorganizing some scenes. I mean, the guy had six weeks to cut his movie [for Cannes]; most guys take six months. Most guys take a year."

"When I worked with Martin [Scorsese], we'd do eighteen months in post-production. Quentin Tarantino cuts a movie in six weeks? Come on, there's shit on that cutting-room floor that'll blow your brains out. I was telling Quentin the opposite—'You should put that shit back in the movie.' There's scenes with Brad Pitt and the Basterds, and I'm praying he puts that shit back in, ‘cause it's un-fucking-believably great. Listen—this movie will be between two hours and twenty minutes and two hours and twenty-seven minutes. I don't think it's going to be shorter—it's just a question of rearranging. I know he's putting footage back into the movie. I know he's got some cool shit that he didn't get time to address."

I really don't think there is any other power producer in Hollywood who would give you an answer like that to any question you asked them. And that's why I just love Harvey Weinstein. That guy doesn't take shit from anyone and it looks like he was more than happy to tell this guy that those "insane bloggers" were full of shit with that rumor. As I said, it all felt a bit hokey, but I was writing it as a plea in the extreme case that it did turn out to be true. And just to say it, I'm extremely happy to know that Tarantino is not shortening Inglourious Basterds at all and will keep it at least as long as it was in Cannes. Keep on keepin' on, Harvey!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/06/25/harvey-weinstein-berates-bloggers-over-basterds-rumors/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 08:06:53 AM »

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 11:19:10 AM »
SHIT, THAT LANDA POSTER  :jerk: Christoph Waltz, yes please!
rina ♥ mini

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 09:19:01 AM »

Inglourious Basterds Final Running Time 1-Minute Longer

Well that settles it. Quentin Tarantino has confirmed on Variety's BFDealMemo blog (via The Playlist) that the final finished running time of Inglourious Basterds is a complete 149 minutes. "I've heard these rumors that the studios told me to cut out 40 minutes. These are complete lies. The movie is actually a minute longer, in running time, than it was in Cannes. It was 2:28, without end credits, and now it's 2:29, or 2:32 with end credits." The scene he added was the one that was first mention during Cannes, a filler sequence between when Michael Fassbender is sent to meet the Basterds and the infamous bar sequence.

That new scene helps smooth out that jolt in the progression of the overall story - as the bar sequence and Fassbender's introduction don't fit back-to-back that well. I'm sure he made some other tweaks we don't know about as well; The Playlist is also reporting that Tarantino has added four new music cues. "Harvey wanted me to add more music, he asked me to go through my music collection again and just find a couple more pieces," Tarantino explains. I don't know how these will fit in, but I'm still curious. I'm actually very excited to see this finished, polished cut in hopes that it's slightly better than the version I saw in Cannes.

Another scene that Tarantino added involves a laugh-out-loud moment from the script where it quick-cuts to Hitler's minister of propaganda Joseph Goebbels having raucous sex with his French translator. I'll be sure to look out for this, since it wasn't in the version I saw. But don't expect to see that notorious sequence where Eli Roth, aka Sgt. Donny "The Bear Jew" Donowitz takes his baseball bat around Boston and gets it autographed by all the Jews in his neighborhood. Tarantino says he's putting that "in reserve" and will potentially use it if he ever makes a prequel. Sounds like we won't be seeing it on the DVD at all either. Not only is this good news for everyone who wasn't in Cannes, but it makes me very excited to see this new cut. The more I think back to it, the more I love Inglourious Basterds. I hope it holds up just as well the second time around. And as for that over-two-hours length, don't worry, you'll relish every minute of it.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/07/08/inglourious-basterds-final-running-time-1-minute-longer/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2009, 12:18:35 AM »
Interview: Col. Hans 'The Jew Hunter' Landa - Christoph Waltz:
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/08/20/interview-hans-the-jew-hunter-landa-christoph-waltz/

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 04:22:51 AM »
seein this tomorrow, quite excited for it

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 06:48:21 PM »
epic movie was epic. tarantino does it again, this movie was fucking amazing. i cant even describe it

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T - Pay Day