JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Airi Suzuki - Single Bed

Author Topic: AMNESIA: Chapter 14 ~ [WMatsui + MaYuki]~ (18/12/2015)  (Read 110404 times)

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
Re: AMNESIA: Chapter 11 ~ [WMatsui + MaYuk]~ (07/02/2015)
« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2015, 04:08:57 PM »
WOW new update!!
 :farofflook: :farofflook: :farofflook:

kate!! i miss your update!!! i'm so happy you're back  :wriggly:

more please :on gay:

Offline rhin12

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #221 on: February 07, 2015, 04:16:45 PM »
omg kate! I don't know which is more angsty, the update or the to be continued!  XD :bleed eyes: I know I told you earlier that my heart's ready for the angst part...but am so wrong..I wasn't ready.. I figured I won't be ready at all~~ I'll never be~ Bring my MaYuki back nao!  :angry: XD

And onto your fic.. I pity Mayuyu she's angsting since the beginning of this fic! give her more love, kate! The things she said to Yuki hurts her more than it hurts Yuki.

Yuki is still sorting out her real feelings for Mayu and she must realize it fast! She needs to woman up and get her Dr. Watanabe back  8)2

Thanks for the update tho!  :deco: more please

Offline Kairi65

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 70% Neutral Reader
« Reply #222 on: February 07, 2015, 04:32:58 PM »
finally an update~!! :cathappy:

glad to see you back and kickin'! XD

but this chapter update, the pain is killing me~ :bleed eyes:

hopefully next chapter won't be as painful... :bleed eyes: (but then again, who cares as long as this fic is updated! :lol:)

Offline wmatsui fanfic.

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Queen Alpha
« Reply #223 on: February 07, 2015, 06:18:09 PM »
Hweeeeeeeeeee.

I'm crying.  Please somebody help mayu.

Kate sama you make all of cry. I hope you will going to makes us smile too.

Waiting for next chapter.

Fighting gambatte.

Offline abcari

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2015, 08:44:43 PM »
And~ your back with this! thanks!

but omg, all this chapter was just too much for my poor heart... I'll be waiting for more <3

Offline Mayukishipper

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • KSGK
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2015, 04:53:32 AM »
Author-san...
Im cryinggg, give my mayuki back dont hurt mayu again
Thanks for update, i really really wait this fanfic

Offline Yhuiii

• as long as Mayu's here
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2015, 04:59:35 AM »
got so addicted to it while reading :wriggly: :nya: :luvluv1:
You are always trying to make a perfect update  :farofflook:
Even though I had to wait a long time for an update but its worth it  :on GJ: :stuffed:
 :onioncheer: :onioncheer:
Please continue  :on hypto:
み〜んなの目線を、いただきまゆゆ

Offline mayura48

• Member+
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2015, 06:03:13 PM »
Another masterpice has come out from Kate-sensei  :wub:  ............. As always from Kate-sensei  :heart: really love it :heart:

Offline maeda2708

• AtsuMina AKB48 - BebNju JKT48
« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2015, 04:08:32 AM »
GYAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!  :hiakhiakhiak: FINALLY!!!  :onioncheer: :onioncheer:
THANKS FOR NEW UPDATE ATHOR-SAN!!!  :nya: :nya:

I'll always waiting for next chapter  :cool1:

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2015, 03:44:47 PM »
Gahhhhhh!!!!!

Why!! Why it's happen to Mayuki

Maybe if this happen then Yuki realize her feeling for Mayu

But i hoped they will end up together at the end

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2015, 12:19:25 PM »
How should i put a word...etooo...

Heavy... Yeah it is

This chapter somehow give a heavy vibe, and this is just from mayuki (not gonna think about wmatsui),i have an habit when i read an fanfic,im always imagining what would be happen with the character next,and how the story goes...well it not always my mind come true but it nice though and i like the though that i made, but after read your update in this chapter,i should said you were amazing author kate,you should start wrote seriously!
I couldn't  imagine anything after what happen on that engagement party,zero zero....
I just don't get it...
It feel like impasse,for yuki and for mayu too....
So i wondering what would you wrote about them? How you solve the problem,how to unite mayuki in the future,their case look more difficult to solve than wmatsui (that what i think lol, civilians against the yakuza? is it possible? except Kashiwagi family has connections to the Watanabe family or have unbelivable secret power?? I dont know lol)

So this is my properly comment kate san

Thank you for this great amazing beautifuly update,always wait for the next update until the story end~

Offline Dianalrs

• Member+
    • Acabatelo__MT
Re: AMNESIA: Chapter 11 ~ [WMatsui + MaYuki]~ (07/02/2015)
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2015, 06:18:43 AM »
Aaaaaaa I in love of the story
Update soon Please!!! :bow:

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • WMATSUI, MAYUKI, GEKIBLACK, RENAIRIN, JURIMAYU
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »
Oh it's like an age i opened this forum and read all lovely fic

I'm sure mayu will be fine,because she has yuki right?

Yuki will tried her best to help mayu

And great question from rena to yuki!

That will make yuki at least thing more what she felt

That way she will know how to help mayu

Love power could conquer everything!

And i will read your others new update fic kate-san

Jaaa i need time to read,a lot of mayuki update here and there hohoho
RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

Offline Terragen

• If you love me Why'd you let me go?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • You might be a big fish In a little pond
« Reply #233 on: March 14, 2015, 03:01:40 AM »
Uso!! How can i'm not read the brand new update

Don't know what to say, mayu why so cold

Lovers, keep on the road you're on
Runners, until the race is run
Soldiers, you've got to soldier on
Sometimes even right is wrong
[/color]

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2015, 11:53:35 AM »
Who....who am i?

Offline chiqinna

• Member+
« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2015, 03:24:32 AM »
I...I tot it was new update! D:  till I saw the date  ~T_T~

Offline katekyohit

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • My heart beats for Yukirin <3
Re: AMNESIA: Chapter 12 ~ [WMatsui + MaYuki]~ (12/05/2015)
« Reply #236 on: May 12, 2015, 06:07:28 PM »
Replies:
Ruka Kikuchi: Hisashiburi, hahahahaha XD

gek geki: Aw! Hope you FEEL more in this chapter! Shit goes down hard!! :D Aw, thanks for your compliment :) I do think about being a writer someday! We’ll see Mayuki’s drama or wmatsui’s drama will be worse! XD I personally think wMatsui is more crazier though :P You might see why~

chichay12: Another new update :D Hope you enjoy the dramas~

rhin12: wazzap rhin! There will be loads of drama in this one, i dunno its angsty or not but shit goes down! Hope you like this update~

Kairi65: I’m trying to get back! but its not that easy since I have a lot of things to do! I’m sorry but this chapter is equally as dramatic as chapter 11, or maybe more? hahahaha~

wmatsuo fanfic.: Hi there, lol, save your tears cuz you might need it later in future chapters :P

abcari: I’m back! Attempting to, just too much stuffs to do atm, but I did finish this chapter!

Mayukishipper: Aw don’t cry, save your tears! ahahahaha, you might need it for this chapter, and future ones.

Yhuiii: Aw i’m glad you’re addicted with this! :) I hope this chapter is worth the wait as well!

mayura48: Hope you enjoy this chapter too! :)

maeda2708: Hope you enjoy this chapter! :P

Kirozoro: Shit goes down for Mayuki! We’ll see their ending :D But right now let’s panic on the drama that’s happening in this chapter

Dianairs: Hope you enjoy this update! :)

kurogumi: LOL Glad that you enjoy it! XD There will be more dramas~ So I hope you enjoy it :D

Terragen: We might see more insight about Mayu in this chapter! More dramas, more and more. Shit goes down! haha

chiquinna: AW! Poor you!! Anyways, here’s the update! a real one :P a real LONG one too LOL

>> Full Ver. <<

AMNESIA: CH12

-

Ever since they came back home from that engagement party, Yuki haven’t left the house at all. Jurina let her father know what happened and he was okay with his daughter having a break from work. Everyday right after Jurina’s working hour was over, she would come back home with worries about Yuki. She went straight to her room to see the maid that just came to bring down today’s lunch tray. At least the nurse was eating something, but she didn’t seem to have such an appetite at all. Jurina sighed before she went to knock on her door.

“Yukirin…may I come in?”

“…Mmm.”

The door wasn’t locked and so she entered without further saying. She saw Yuki sitting on her bed with the laptop on her lap. It seemed she had been doing research for the whole time and seemed to be having that upset look on her face too. It was that face of denial that never faded away ever since that night at Sae’s engagement party. Jurina wished that Yuki would open up and talk to her about this matter, despite they’re not together anymore she would still worry about her as if she was her sister. As she approached her she realized there were tons of papers on the bed, table and floor around Yuki.

“Yukirin…what are you doing??”

“…No matter how much I searched in the past few days, the results turned out to be the same…for every single one of them.”

“Huh?”

Jurina picked up the paper and realized that golden three-spirit crest. It was big news back in IT article about a couple of years ago. They’re having a flourishing business with Miyazawa group to bring new technology era to Japan, with supports from their partnership with Watanabe group. It seemed their partnership was formed way before Sae’s engagement. Then Jurina recognized the two adults in the photo…they were both Mayu’s parents that they saw at the party on that night. They didn’t change as much so Jurina immediately recognized them.

“Watanabe group? Wait…they’re really that famous?”

“…It’s more than just famous. It’s just as Sae said…it’s just as he said…”

“Yukirin?”

“Mayu, she’s…”

“Talk to me, what’s about Mayu??”

“…Watanabe group is one of the biggest and most powerful group below the Imperial House of Japan…they’re the leader of Yakuza Association of Japan.”

“W-Wha…eh??”

Jurina was not certain she heard Yuki correctly, but then the nurse passed her a paper she printed regarding the information about Watanabe group. They’re so famous that their profile is literally everywhere in the online media. That was when Yuki sighed and began to explain to Jurina that Mayu was from this powerful yet threatening Watanabe group who was the leader of all Yakuza groups in Japan. As their status and power, they’re just right below the Imperial House of Japan, so it wouldn’t be surprising that the family members of Watanabe group would be treated like a royalty. They possessed the power all Yakuza groups that are scattered across Japan and within their business aspects too. The current leader was Watanabe Ichiro whom they saw at the party and he is Mayu’s father. At first she prayed that Mayu was not his child but then she remembered that Mayu referred him as father. The truth was too hard to avoid. Therefore, it would make her the succeeding leader of Watanabe group after her father.  The sarcastic kind Mayu… is the succeeding leader of the Yakuza Association of Japan. They never realize that such a powerful person was always beside them the whole time and she was never display such a haughty character at all, as they would expect from such a class she came from. However, Mayu’s the exception. After Jurina listened to the whole thing, she was shocked to learn the truth and how much burdens would Mayu have to keep this a secret the whole time. It was never surprising that Watanabe never talked about her parents…she would always avoid the topic whenever someone mentioned it up. Then suddenly, Sae’s words he spoke at the party echoed inside her mind

“It’s quite pathetic you knew her for so long, yet you guys don’t know anything about her at all.”

What he said was right and Jurina hate to admit it. Mayu managed to hide this from them for over five years and never once they doubt about the status she came from. She finally sat down beside Yuki and watched her closing down her laptop before turning to her with those black shades under her eyes. The doctor could tell that Yuki barely slept as she did an intense research on Mayu to uncover the truth. She still shook her head with denial and couldn’t hold back her tears. There were no words spoken between them but Jurina understood Yuki’s silent pain. She was not hurt by the fact Mayu never told them the truth or that she’s came from a fearful Yakuza family. It was fact that Mayu had to carry so many burdens until now with without being able to receive any help from them. To be able to get away from her duty as well as having a professional full-time job wouldn’t be such an easy thing for her at all. For all these years she couldn’t do anything to help ease Mayu at all. All those gentle smiles and laughs that she had come along with the burdens she shouldered.

Mayu would always try to cheer up Yuki, when she’s the one that deserved the help more than anyone else. The more the nurse put her thoughts into it the more she cried. Mayu probably had tried to hint out to them but they never notice anything at all, and then now she probably gave up with them. She probably hated them already for being helpless to her. Jurina could only hug her and remain in silence. She’s sad and angry about how helpless she was to Mayu. For all these years, she couldn’t do anything to reduce the load on her shoulders at all. 

“…Just cry it all out Yukirin, I’ll be here.”

“I-I…why can’t I do anything for her…she must’ve hate me so much—”

“No, she never ever will hate you…I swear she isn’t.”

“But—”

“Yukirin, she…. Mayu really cares a lot about you. So never ever she will hate you. If there’s someone to hate, it will be me.”

Jurina confirmed seriously to the nurse and caught her attention. However, she wasn’t so convinced with it yet. Yuki always blamed herself if her friend was suffering while she’s unable to do anything for her. The doctor knew how gentle she was, as well as realized how important Watanabe is important to her. She patted Yuki’s head and collected all the papers to pile it all on the table. Since the nurse already pressured herself enough already and she needed to have some good sleep to refresh her mind.

“C’mon Yukirin, have some sleep…and we’ll figure what we can do okay? There’s nothing we can do right now, and its best for us to not be brought down by this. We’re in this together, we’re her best friends, and so we’ll do this together.”

“Thank you…Jurina.”

“I’ll let Azuma-san know that your day off is still on—”

“It’s alright, I’ll go work tomorrow. I can’t just keep staying in my room like this…if Mayu is still here, she would scold me to get my ass out from my room.”

“…”

Jurina was relieved that Yuki had a smile at last before she tugged her in bed. She closed the lights and left the nurse’s bedroom. She recalled Yuki’s words and image inside her head and she couldn’t believe how devastated she had become right after that engagement party. She couldn’t remember when was the last time Yuki was this messed up. However, from this drama she realized something that the nurse might not even realize it yet. She sighed before she opened her eyes again with such determination. No one knew what she had in mind and Jurina returned back to her room with some plan or thoughts in her.   

~XXX~

It had been few days after since that engagement party night. Mayu sat at her usual spot adjacent to the window in her room while holding that giraffe keychain in her hand. She played with her fingers and just sighed out softly. She wasn’t wearing the diamond ring that Sae gave to her. The young Watanabe actually threw it onto the floor as soon as she got back into her room. It showed how much she hated this marriage. At least in her private moment time reminiscing about Yuki, she wanted to forget the reality that she’s engaged to Miyazawa. But then the knock on her door broke the peaceful silence in her room.

“What?”

“It’s me Mayu-sama, I came here to pass some files…”

“…Come in Rabutan.”

Her servant friend slid the door and slowly came with that brown file in her hands. Before Mayu could’ve ask what it was, she had told her that it was the resignation papers that Kikuyo prepared for her. It seemed Mayu couldn’t underestimate her mother’s intelligence and power. She was able to corner Mayu in every kind of way ever since she came back to Watanabe household. Sometimes she felt that she was able to live outside due to her mother’s mercy, she was far from being strong enough to escape her destiny.

“Just leave it there on the table, I’ll read it.”

“Yes ma’am…and Kikuyo-sama left a message for you.”

“Something about getting all the resignation stuffs done today right?”

“…Yes.”

Mayu sighed and just gave her a shoulder shrug. She slowly watched her friend Aika left the room, but then she just went to get a tray of sweets and hot tea for her. She obviously knew that these were Mayu’s favorites and so it could help brighten up her master’s day. That moment, the young Watanabe smiled softly and told her to leave it at the table. They exchanged a smile for a short moment and then Aika bowed to her before she left Mayu alone in her room to have some privacy.

“…”

She went to the table and had a sip of the brown rice green tea. It had a great scent and it’s her favorite tea at all times. Mayu smiled with comfort that she still have her servant friend that never left her side. However, it was time to confront with reality. She opened the brown file that her mother gave to her and it contained a resignation form that was officially signed by the Watanabe group. She skimmed through while having the sweets that Aika prepared for her. The hospital wouldn’t have a chance against the Yakuza group anyway and so Mayu ensured that she would no longer be employed by the end of today.

“…I guess it's about time I should go to the hospital to hand in these. Hope I wouldn’t encounter her…or else it would be a problem.”

Mayu got up and decided to change into her casual attire back at home. She wore similar clothing to her father, a plain white t-shirt and brown V-necked sleeveless sweater. Right after she wore her favorite black jeans, she grabbed the file and the table. However, she paused for a second before she turned to that sparkling object on the floor. It was the diamond ring that she threw away. She sighed before she picked it up…and put it onto her ring finger once again. The moment she stepped out from this room she would be engaged lady…but inside her room she would always remain loyal to one and only love in her heart. However, she wondered how long would she be running away from this reality.

~XXX~

Mayu drove her own car to the hospital to drop by her resignation paper. She actually called Kashiwagi Azuma to fax the documents instead but he insisted to meet with her directly. He isn’t just her boss but also was her teacher in university when she was a medical student. Most of the time she would always referred him as her teacher than her boss. He seemed he wanted to exchange some few words with a talented heart surgeon before he lost that chance. The moment she parked her car in the shaded employee’s parking lot before she grabbed her sunglasses. She didn’t want anyone to notice her and so she tied her hair up to give out a different appearance than her usual one in hospital. Without further ado she entered the hospital and headed up directly to the director’s office to meet with her boss. She did made an appointment with him and so his assistant helped guided Mayu to his office on the top floor.

“Kashiwagi-sensei is waiting for you Watanabe-sensei.”

“Thanks.”

She turned the doorknob and entered without any hesitation. Mayu met with her boss whom was waiting for her to arrive since she called him. She sat down on the seat opposite from him before she passed the brown file to him. He just looked at Mayu and sighed softly before he opened it up.

“Hmm, this is quite out of blue isn’t?”

“…I’m sorry Kashiwagi-sensei, but I do have some family complications.”

“I know what you mean. It must be hard for you isn’t?”

Mayu was surprise slightly as the moment she looked into her teacher’s eyes and was certain that he knew about Mayu’s origin. He seemed to know what was the reason she had to leave out of a sudden like this, and the young doctor couldn’t help but to ask him out of curiosity.

“Y-You…you knew about…my background?”

“I did some research on my employee to make sure that there’s no complications that could possibly happen. However, I’m surprised you manage to juggle these things…and still make everything work well.”

“…I’m sorry sensei.”

“That’s alright. It’s not something you and I could do anything.”

Mayu couldn’t reply anything back to him but then she could see that her teacher only smiled softly. He didn’t have to read the documents precisely since he realized no matter what he would need to let Mayu resigned from her job. Then suddenly, Mayu couldn’t help but to ask about one thing. Ever since the last time she met her…she had always been worried about Yuki’s whereabouts and health.

“Sensei…how’s…your daughter?”

“She had not come to work for a few days already after she went to Miyazawa-kun’s engagement party…your engagement party.”

“…News sure travels fast.”

“Our hospital do have connections with Miyazawa group and I was invited to the engagement party as well. The moment I saw your family’s name I knew that it would be you. Actually the hospital was in a middle of receiving research funds from Watanabe group to help researchers pursue further researches.”

Mayu wasn’t aware of that and it made her slightly surprise. She wondered whether her parents knew about it or not but she hated to think that what her parents were doing would be her future job instead. Her family’s connection kept spreading their powers kept increasing endlessly. She sighed and decided to leave after all the business was done.

“Watanabe-sensei.”

“…?”

“If by chance a miracle happens, you’re more than welcome to come back to this place. The hospital will always welcome you back.”

“…Sensei, I guess its we could just wish for it but we both know it’s never going to happen.”

“Who knows, maybe it could happen.”

“…At least, I’m glad that I’m able to have a chat with you, Kashiwagi-sensei.”

“Same here as well, Watanabe-sensei.”

Mayu chuckled sarcastically as she felt weird that her professor was calling her a teacher as well. Despite she knew that he called out of formality that she’s a doctor, but she couldn’t erase the fact that he used to call her by her name because she was just a student.

“…Jeez sensei, it feels weird that you called me a sensei too.”

“Technically you are. A truly talented heart surgeon like you deserves an acknowledgement.”

“…I’m grateful, thank you for everything sensei…but I do have a last favor.”

“Yeah?”

“Please don’t mention anything about me to Yuki. I don’t want her to get involve with me due to my family’s status. I…want to protect her from my family’s influence, even in the future too.”

“…You have my word.”

Azuma understood what Mayu tried to convey to him and he nodded his head. If he were to be in Mayu’s position he would’ve done the same thing she did. She took her leave and Yuki’s father sighed softly before he started to read the details on the file. It was officially signed and stamped by the famous Watanabe group as he expected. However, he could see tinge of sadness in her eyes. It was obvious that she wouldn’t be smiling after all these things happened to her and he didn’t know what he could possibly do for her.

-

“Ah Yukirin! Are you okay? I heard from Jurina-sensei that you’re sick.”

Her colleagues were worried about Yuki’s whereabouts and had to go ask Jurina about her. Obviously she lied in the nurse’s place so that they wouldn’t be worrying too much of where she was. However she acted as if nothing was wrong and stayed strong. She wouldn’t want to spend all her time dwelling and crying in her room…if Mayu were to be here with her she would’ve scold her to tough up. Her doctor friend didn't have a chance to complain a single thing about her life, and that gave Yuki the strength to keep moving on despite she still carried that confusion and devastation in her heart.

“I better get going to check on the patients. I’m sorry that I left without saying a word.”

“Don’t worry, as long as you’re healthy and good we’re all happy!”

Yuki grabbed the patient’s file before she took off with a smile. She was glad that she had colleagues that cared for her. After she had a good sleep she felt refreshed and started the day with a big smile across her face. It was as Jurina said that there’s nothing they could do at the moment and they’ll try to figure out what they could do. Despite Sae said Mayu wanted to sabotage their friendship, it wouldn’t stop her from trying to approach her again and hearing her best friend’s hidden feelings. She realized that she’s still far from being strong and always needed support every now and then. If she wanted to give her shoulder for Mayu to lean on, then she needed to stand on her ground and become stronger than this.

“Kashiwagi-san, prepare the meds for this patient will you?”

“Yes doctor!”

She worked with utmost passion and gave them gentle smiles to warm their heart. Yuki was known to be patient’s favorite nurse of all times because of her kindness and warmth. She was so motivated to work and didn't expect such a nightmare on such a bright day like this. After she was done checking up with her patient, she headed to the next room to check the next one on the list. As she rushed through the hallway she suddenly felt such familiar feelings from this person walking on another pathway to the elevator. She suddenly turned her head and watched that person’s back. Even she might’ve done a different hairstyle and wore those dark sunglasses to hide her eyes…but Yuki could recognize her instantly and her mind just went blank.

“No…w-wait…!”

She rushed to that adult without further ado and with this racing heart that was about to burst through her chest. As she was running towards this individual, she saw how the adult woman was approaching the elevator. She called out for her name even though she didn’t have the chance to confirm that person’s identity yet. She went with her guts and she was right to trust it. She actually knew whom that person was…

“M-MAYU!!”

“…!?”

The woman flinched and turned back…despite through those thick black sunglasses, Yuki felt that she was confronting with Mayu once again. It’s like a moment you met your soul mate…she knew that instant that it was Mayu without any question at all. She came back to the hospital and she couldn’t believe how delightful Yuki was. Her guts were right and it was definitely Mayu that she caught up with. Yuki panted hard after she did some heck of a sprint in heels towards her, however the ex-doctor didn’t have such a happy expression across her face at all.

“…What do you want, Kashiwagi-san.”

“Mayu…I need to talk to you, please.”

“There’s nothing left to talk—”

“There is!! Please!”

Kashiwagi approached her and grabbed Mayu’s wrist, but then she flicked it away without any mercy. She removed her sunglasses to show her angry eyes glaring back at the nurse. She believed that this would be the way to chase away the nurse like how she did last time, but Mayu was wrong. The trick wouldn’t work on Yuki twice.

“Mayu…are you coming back to work? Everyone misses you.”

“…I came to give in my resignation form already. I’m no longer a doctor.”

“W-What? What did you mean—”

“It’s none of your business.”

Mayu was about to leave again but then Yuki ran in between her and the elevator button so that the ex-doctor wouldn’t have the chance to run away from her. It caught her off guard and she retracted her hand back. It seemed Mayu didn’t want to have any kind of contact with the nurse at all…she stepped back and kept her hands close to her body with silence.

“Mayu, before you start go trashing me away…I want to tell you I’m really sorry that I can’t help anything at all…”

“…”

“I’m really sorry I’m helpless…that I’m pathetically weak…only thing I could do is relying on you the whole time when you’re the one that—”

“Is that all you want to say? Can I leave now?”

Mayu cut it short and made Yuki flinched slightly. The ex-doctor glared at her coldly and she was actually trembling by it. However, she tightened up her fist and stood on her ground. She felt that if she lost to this pressure she would never ever reach Mayu’s heart…and she would lose her forever. She bit her lips to give herself pain before she glared back at her Watanabe friend with her heart.

“…That’s not what you want, isn’t?”

“Quit with the blabbering alrea—”

“I know you for so long already! I know those smiles you have are not fakes!! You didn’t want this to happen either, right?”

“…How pathetic, you still believe that I see you as a friend.”

Mayu replied coldly and heartlessly back to her. Despite it could even shatter Yuki’s heart into thousands of pieces. The feeling of being backstabbed was painful beyond imagination. However…somehow, those words didn’t even manage to leave a wound on her fragile heart. Instead it gave Yuki more reasons to extend her hand to Mayu. As her experience as a nurse she had to deal with countless scolds and heartless insults from the patient, but it was because they’re wounded. It’s their instinct to bite everything that came close to them despite they’re his or her ally or not. Right now…Mayu was no different from a wounded animal that pushes everything away from her. The nurse felt so stupid she never realized that at all and deserved to be hated by Mayu at this point. She failed to understand her dearest friend for all these years, but it wouldn’t stop her from not leaving Mayu’s side. She didn’t want to make that mistake here.

“I’m sorry I’m so stupid and weak to realize this…I’m sorry, Mayu. I won’t leave you. I promise…I will never leave you alone even you try to shatter or destroy me.”

“…!?”

“Let me help you, even though I’m not as strong as Jurina or you. I’ll do whatever it takes to carry those burdens with you. Please!!”

“…Why are you giving so much importance to me, when I’m just a friend.”

“Because you’re more than just a friend to me. You’re…really important to me. Both you and Jurina are. I can’t afford to lose anyone of you.”

“…”

Mayu actually had that flash of a moment she’s delighted, but then it went down again when Yuki mentioned Jurina’s name along with hers. She’s just an important person to her just like her ex-girlfriend. In usual cases she would be happy about it but deep down she didn’t just want to be friends with Yuki. She wanted to have a much deeper and intimate relationship with her…like lovers would do. Mayu slowly stepped away and looked back with those eyes of hatred tinge with sadness. She wondered why Yuki would be so persisted like this and she’s reaching her limits of pushing her away. It’s obvious that Mayu hated to do this to her, because she loves Yuki so much.

“There’s nothing you could do. Not even Jurina, you, and I. It is my destiny that I shall disappear from your lives and move on.”

“Screw the damn destiny! Mayu!? Aren’t you the one that always tell me to be myself and stand on my own belief!?”

The nurse raised her voice and she didn’t care other patients or staffs would hear her or not. The only thing she could’ve care about was this precious friend of hers in front of her. Mayu was even caught off guard by that. No one would expect a delicate nurse like Kashiwagi would be yelling out loud like this.

“Whenever I’m so scared to do anything and move on, you’re always there to throw lame annoying jokes at me and I never forget what you always teach me…”

“…”

“You told me…that you can’t choose where and who to be born from, but you could choose what to become and what to do. So Mayu…please tell me what you really want, and I’ll do everything it takes to help you make it happen.”

“…”

“M-Mayu, please!”

“I had enough of this…stop it.”

Mayu was reaching her limits and she couldn’t hide that painful expression on her face. Yuki could tell instantly that she’s suffering…she was in terrible pain that couldn’t be expressed into words. Only the eyes told the whole story. It was as if Yuki was conversing with the old Mayu again…but a broken Watanabe. She was actually pleading the nurse to stop trying to break through her barrier and reach down to her heart.

“…?”

“It’s pointless. Stop it already…if I could run away, then I would to begin with. I’m so done with it…I’m tired already. For some destinies…you don’t have a choice to run away. One day, it will come back to you.”

“M-Mayu—”

“So, just stop it. You’re making it so hard for me already. Please…I beg you…just leave me alone. Stop all these nonsense…and forget about me.”

The moment Yuki made that eye contact with Mayu. Her heart sank with pain…it was as if she made an eye contact with the real Watanabe Mayu. It’s the broken wounded girl that was left all alone for all these years. She could only see and feel the sadness from her eyes and it looked as if she wanted to cry. However, Mayu ran away before Yuki could’ve do or say anything to her. She came to realize all of Mayu’s pain and suffer that was expressed in that blink a second as their eyes met. It burned right into Yuki’s heart and never ever she felt this devastated before in her life. It was as painful as when she lost her mother…and this was the pain of losing Mayu. Without realizing it, tears ran down her cheeks and it made her heart trembled in pain. It was as if she felt Mayu’s pain and it just made her tear up at that spot.

“Mayu…!”

-

The former doctor ran away from the nurse and headed back to her car. She entered without further ado and just sat on her seat without doing anything.  She knew that if she came to the hospital she would’ve encounter with Yuki, but then she still came anyway. She could’ve convince Kashwagi-sensei that she didn’t want to come back to the hospital but…Mayu still came anyway. Maybe deep down inside her heart she wanted to meet the love of her life. Even for just one more time, without seeing each other, it would be enough for her. She felt that it would be worth the sacrifice she made to protect Yuki. However, this was one of the things she feared the most…that she would broke into tears in front of her. She couldn’t hold back her tears, and she bit her lips. Such caring and tender words that Yuki spoke to her…to be someone important to the nurse is something she always wished for.  If she could respond to her innermost desires…she would beg Yuki to save her. To take her out from this cursed destiny. She wished that she could ask for help, but she could never do that. The only way to protect all her friends and especially Yuki was to live in a separate world than them. She couldn’t possibly put her friends and love one at risk, and this would be the best choice that could be done.

“Yuki…I wish I could go back to your side…I really do…I’m so sorry…I’m really sorry…”

She wished she could hold back her tears and became heartless like her mother. However, by falling in love with Yuki for over many years had softened her down so much. She couldn’t act as heartless as before when it comes to Yuki. She missed those days that she get to hangout and spend time alone with her. She was so happy to see the smiles on her face. She couldn’t describe how happy she was as she’s able to bring that radiant angelic smile again. For all these years, it wasn’t just Yuki that kept relying on Mayu…but the doctor always emotionally relied on her too. If she wasn’t there, Mayu wondered whether she would still be sane until now or not. She wondered she would still be sane or not. She probably would give up on life, but she didn’t after all…because she has someone to protect with her whole life.

~XXX~

[Rena’s POV]

Another day again that Jurina sits with me during her break. During these past days Yukirin hasn’t come back to work yet and it makes me worried about her. I do ask Jurina about her whereabouts and it seems today Yukirin came to work. I’m really keen to see her today but her break wouldn’t start in an hour or so. These past few days…Jurina and I have been talking a lot of each other about us…our past and childhood that I long forgotten. She did tell me about many things that happen back at Nagoya, especially with our pet dog, Ruby. Jurina told me how I’m the one that picked up that stray puppy into our home. I’m the one that named her Ruby. Jurina even has pictures on her phone and she showed it to me. We spend so much time together but it makes me curious about her so much…I couldn’t help but to wonder why Jurina is doing this. Doesn’t it seem like an irony? She helps me regaining my memories…but it looks like she doesn’t want me to remember any of it.

“You don’t like when I called you oneechan or something?”

“Huh? Well…”

Jurina seems to be hesitating to tell what she really feels to me, and I just keep asking more questions…regarding Jurina’s thoughts and feelings. I want to hear her thoughts…and what she’s actually thinking underneath that poker face.

“Do you…want me to remember? Everything?”

“…”

“Jurina?”

“One day you’ll remember, sooner or later…it won’t make any difference.”

Her voice sounds so sad, but it made me felt like I’m one more step closer to her. Sooner or later, I would probably remember everything again…I guess Jurina knew that it is inevitable to prevent me from remembering the past we shared together. However I still have a feeling that Jurina hesitated to tell me that she didn’t want me to remember, her actions do all the talk instead. I wondered why is she bothered like that.

“…Do you want the old Rena to be back?”

“H-Huh!?”

I don’t know why I said something like that out, but I did. I could see her shocking expression and I have her full attention. I still look down onto my lap, at my hand, while continuing where I left off. I can’t help but wondering whether Jurina wants the old Rena back or not…If she wants her back then Jurina would support me with regaining my memories…but she didn’t. Sometimes, she could just be too complicated for me to even understand. I remembered Yukirin told me before about it…that even though she have been with Jurina for many years…she still find it rather difficult at times to understand what she is thinking.

“The old Rena before she lost her memories…I just couldn’t help but to wonder that do you want her back—”

“Stop it Rena-chan.”

“…J-Jurina?”

“No matter what…you’re still Rena to me. Old or not, doesn’t matter…you’ll still be Rena to me.”

Those words comfort my heart. Its so touching and sweet of hers…Jurina is just being so nice to me that I don’t really know what to do at all. The more she’s being nice like this the more I fall in love with her. She’s just…I don't know how to rephrase it properly at all. I just lean onto her shoulder and close my eyes, and feel that silence between the two of us…I wonder, no matter what, Jurina would only see me as her younger sister? I wonder…such miracle would happen.

“Can we be like this for a little while…?”

“Of course. As long as you needed to.”

I lean in closer to her and I could hear that subtle heartbeat. It’s that soothing heartbeat…that calms my mind while I listen to it in the midst of silence.  I wrap and hold onto her arm tighter and I could feel Jurina put her hand on top of mine. It makes my heart skip when I feel that sweet gentle warmth from her hand. As we spend more time talking about things in the past…and just things about us, I could feel this mysterious connection towards her. We’re getting closer and closer as we spend more time together, till the point that Jurina actually share her worries and troubles in work with me. I listen to her, and give my encouragement to her every single time. Just to see that smile of relief on her face and hear her voice speaking to me makes me feel that at least I accomplish something. However, I couldn’t help but to worry each time about how would this lead us to…the ending to this complicated relationship we’re developing.

~XXX~

Jurina just sat there and watched Rena fell asleep on her shoulder. She only could smile softly before she stroked the little raven-head’s with that smile that contained a tinge of sadness in it. She carried her up gently without trying to wake Rena up and put her on the bed before she decided to leave her.

“Jurina…”

It made the doctor froze and turned around; apparently it’s just a sleep talk. She sighed softly before she left the room…without realizing what Rena was going through at the moment. She was having a nightmare, a terrible one…she’s being haunted by the old Rena.

-///-

Words…it keep echoing inside my head, and its controlling my actions and my thoughts. This strong urge and desires…I couldn’t resist to it at all. It felt like these words echoing in my head are manipulating me right now. It felt like I’m just there…watching…I’m not exactly the owner of the body. I’m just seeing through…Rena’s eyes?

(I won’t forgive any one of you… no one…)

I go into some room…and grabb a bottle of pills on this shelf. I wonder what is this, I see the name of it but it’s in some difficult medical terms that I couldn’t understand. I’m holding it in my hand…and take it with me.

(I won’t let anyone get in my way… not even mom… or dad, none of them will change my mind.)

The next thing I see is Jurina, the young Jurina…and I’m sitting on top of her. She’s unconscious though. She is sleeping? I have no clue but…I’m extending my hand to her neck. It’s as if…I’m going to strangle her? W-What? What is going on?? I tried to pull it back but I can’t control it…I’m about to strangle Jurina in her sleep. I scream inside my head, begging for myself to stop and I shut my eyes tightly…wishing to not see anything further. That instant, everything white out and I appeared at the living room at my home in Nagoya.  I see another person…who looks perfectly identical to me, but the glare in her eyes are…very scary. She’s really scary…I’m even terrified just to look at her. Those eyes are filled with pain, anger, sadness…and many more emotions I couldn’t describe.

(I told you…didn’t I? Think wisely before you choose this path of uncovering the truth…?)

“Y-You’re…”

(If you still wish to know…then I’ll show you what truly happen, and all the disgusting truths that you wish you will never remember.)

“…!”

(You forget all of it for a reason… do not forget that.)

“What the hell…did you do to Jurina!?”

(Hmm…?)

“W-What did you do to her?? Did you try to—”

(It is you who did that…or I shall say, us?)

“N-No…I will never—”

(Truth is hideous…that’s why ‘we’ desire to forget all about it, and start a whole new book.)

“I-I…”

(You’re afraid of knowing the truth now…Haha…Hahahahahahahhaha!!!!)

Her laugh is just hideous and terrifying. It is as if I’m hearing a psychopath laughing hysterically. I couldn’t believe this is a part of me…that is forgotten. I don’t know what I should do or feel anymore…after I have a touch with that terrifying moment…I don’t want to know what have I done to Jurina. I don’t want to know…I-I’m scared to know the truth…

-///-

“A-Aaah—!!!”

I wake up from my nightmare and I’m terrified with what actually happen. I see myself…trying to hurt…trying to kill Jurina. I can’t believe it at all. I don’t know what to think or do anymore. This is not just remembering about a normal past…but my past…contains a secret…that I wish to forget. That’s why I forgot everything right up until the accident.

“R-Rena-chan!? Are you okay??”

Yukirin comes to my side with worries since I just woke up from my nightmare. I probably startle her so badly. I tell her that I’m okay because I’m just having a very bad dream, but obviously I can’t hide all my worries at all. Even though it is Yukirin…I doubt I’ll be comfortable to share this with her…that I attempt to kill her ex-girlfriend in the past? That’s just messed up. At very least, Yukirin doesn’t ask anything much from me and just stay by my side until I calm down. She’s just so nice…she’s just like an older sister to me. I’m very grateful that it’s Yukirin that’s here with me right now, but that makes me wonder about Mayu…it’s been quite a while since we last saw her at…Sae’s engagement party.

“…I wonder what’s going on with Mayu though.”

“…”

Yukirin is in silent as well, I guess both of us don’t have an answer to that and couldn’t help but to worry about her even until now. Mayu is actually…the closest friend I have ever since I woke up from my amnesia. It is obvious I will be worried about her, right? I wonder what could we do to find the truth behind all of this, just by doing nothing and being in silence like this… I doubt it will take us anywhere closer to the answer. Unfortunately Yukirin couldn’t stay that long with me since she has to go see other patients. Now that it’s just me in the room…it’s quite lonely without Mayu bothering and annoying me when Jurina and Yukirin are busy with their work. Now that she’s gone…and have that coldblooded attitude towards us…I wonder what is really going on right now. I don’t have such a good feeling about it at all.

~XXX~

Yuki continued with her shift until her day was over, but the fact regarding Mayu was still bugging her horribly. She kept having flashbacks of her happy moments she had with Dr. Watanabe…that evil grin and happy laugh of hers…as well as those heartbreaking moments that Mayu treated them like they meant nothing to her at all.  She had no clue what to do what how could she approach Mayu after all of this, furthermore she didn’t have any connections to reach her too. She kept thinking of ways and suddenly…she actually did have one thing left that she could do. It’s just one little hope left. She picked up her cellphone and called someone that was in her contact list, she prayed for the person to pick up her call and hoped that at least she would get something out of this person. The moment the end of the line picked up her call, she immediately cut in and made sure the person wouldn’t hang up on her.

“Please don’t hang up! I really need to talk about something! It’s serious!”

[…Can you not yell?]

“S-Sorry, but really…I need you to hear me out.”

[…I can guess what you want to talk about. How about at the café in front of Tokyo station?]

“Right now…?”

[Isn’t that what you want? I’ll meet you in 30 minutes.]

The person hung up and obviously Yuki wasn’t expecting that. She went to the staff room to get change before she rushed out without even telling Jurina where she was going. Her mind was just too occupied with getting there on time right now. She hopped onto the taxi and headed there without further ado. Yuki was actually quite surprise that everything went too smoothly…but she couldn’t let her guard down though, because this man was her ex-fiancé after all.

-

She arrived at the café and glanced around looking for him, and that moment she saw this manly figure approaching her in his black suit. It looked as if he just came from some formal event or meeting.

“Follow me.”

“Where…?”

“Second floor, it's a private room. We’ll have our discussion there.”

Sae had a small chat with the staff before she passed him the key to one of the private rooms on the second floor. It only belonged to the VIP customers, such as Miyazawa group, since Miyazawa’s group owned this café after all. They entered this big room that was decorated in a vintage style, suited to welcome important guests or for special meet ups. He told her to sit down and the staff served them a cup of hot tea and biscuits.

“Hope you like English Breakfast, its one of the best teas here.”

“Thanks…”

Yuki had a sip and was surprised with how amazing it was, but she didn’t let that made her distracted from her intention of being here at the first place. She watched her ex-fiance sat down opposite from her while he had his hot tea peacefully and quietly.

“What do you want to know, Kashiwagi Yuki?”

“…You know what I’m here for.”

“Wouldn’t it be easier if you ask me than to make me explain everything?”

“…You’re right.”

Sae was slightly caught offguard that Yuki became a little more…mature than before. Usually she would show signs of irritation and frustration back at him, but this time she was calm and collected. Also, had that slight gallant air around her, it seemed Yuki was actually serious with the reason she was here after all. It made Sae put down his teacup and gave his full attention to her. In respect for Yuki’s determination here, he felt like at least he should give a good response back instead of being ridiculously sarcastic.

“I’m certain you know about the Watanabe Group am I right?”

“…Yes. It’s the most powerful family underneath the Imperial House of Japan…Watanabe group, the leader of Yakuza Association of Japan. ”

“You got it. Miyazawa group is part of the branch, despite we’re a yakuza group as well, we don’t get involved with power. We’re just the passive quiet ones…ready to take orders from Watanabe group.”

“…”

“We, excel in business, and so Watanabe and Miyazawa Group are trying to form an alliance with each other. That’s why…Mayu and I are engaged, in terms of our business.”

“…But, isn’t it possible to bail out?”

“Don’t you get it at all? Watanabe Mayu… she’s the succeeding leader of Yakuza Association, she is the future leader of all yakuza families over Japan.”

“…!”

“Now that you know the story behind it, what do you want to ask now?”

Yuki remained in silence; she was speechless after hearing everything. It felt like a dream when she remembered the times she spent with Mayu…when she’s just an ordinary girl just like her. It just felt so normal, but after learning her heritage and bloodline…she couldn’t believe it at all. With all that pressure that Mayu had to carry all these years while comforting Yuki every single time when she’s down. Just thinking of those thoughts, she felt a tear ran down her cheek and Sae was shocked too. He didn’t expect her to cry at all…but when he saw that tear, he was touched for some reason. He could tell that nurse Kashiwagi shed her tears for Mayu. He the future head of Miyazawa group…even it wasn’t as much burden to

“S-Sorry, I guess I should be crying like a crybaby like thi—”

“Take this.”

Sae passed her a box of tissue and she took it with surprise. She was obviously dumbfounded and didn’t know why he wasn’t being all sarcastic and mean on her today. She felt that little kindness from him and then he finally spoke up to her after she wiped off her tears.

“…I won’t guarantee your life though.”

“H-Huh?”

“To confront with a yakuza group like Watanabe, even I feared for that myself. Yet, you still plan to get involved? I suggest you don’t get out from Mayu’s life for your best safety…but if you did think about that you wouldn’t be here to begin with.”

“Sae-san…you…!”

“Don’t get me wrong, I still disagree with you trying to get involve in this mess. Once you’re in…there’s no way out. Our world is just too different from your world.”

“Ahh…”

“My one and last favor I will do for you, since you’re my ex-fiance, and I actually did have moments I like you before.”

“E-Ehh??”

“Heh, so, what is your answer?”

“I…”

Yuki had a long pause to think about a lot of things that Sae said to her. He warned her and if she still wanted to go on he wouldn’t stop her…as much as he wouldn’t guarantee her safety and life. She realized it already after she knew Mayu was from a yakuza family. However, it didn’t seem to stop her from pursuing her at all…this was actually the first time she felt really empty and frustrated. She never felt like this before in her life. She never had this kind of feelings towards Jurina at all, but she couldn’t help but to wonder why she felt like this to only that sarcastic big bully.  That doctor who always tried to annoy and piss her off every single day.

“…I really…want to talk to her again.”

“…”

“I want to meet her…I want to meet Mayu again.”

“So…what do you want me to do?”

“…Please take me to her.”

Sae only remained in silence before he picked up his cup of tea and had his one last sip. He got out from his chair and headed towards the door without any single word to her at all. That moment, Yuki felt that Sae was rejecting her offer but the moment he turned around to her, he finally speak out his response to her plead.

“We’re going to get you dressed up formally first.”

“…H-Huh?? What for?”

“I can’t let you enter Watanabe household with that hideous clothing. We’ll drop by the shop and buy you a formal black suit and skirt.”

Yuki was lost with what Sae was saying since he just talked about getting her fixed up and everything, but the word ‘Watanabe household’ caught her ears though. She blinked with confusion and then Sae sighed with tiredness before he decided to talk in a simpler way because Yuki was just too slow to understand his way of talking.

“I have a meeting right now at Watanabe Household…Mayu should be there. You’ll be my temporary secretary because she has fallen sick. Do you understand?”

“S-So—!”

“You’ll obey what I say.”

“R-Right.”

“But don’t get me wrong, Kashiwagi Yuki. At the very least I will make you experience that pressure and burden of the yakuza…and then I suggest you think wisely after that.”

“…I think we should get going for the meeting?”

“I think I never have seen you this serious before.”

“E-Eh? Really?”

“You really do love Mayu, don’t you?”

“E-Eh—whaa—N-No!!?”

“Time to go… follow me.”

In the end, the man teased the raven-haired nurse again, but it wasn’t actually a tease though. Sae actually realized how serious she was when it was about Mayu…she was never like this when it’s about Jurina. He actually realized about her feelings but it seemed Yuki was just too naïve to realize her true feelings after all. Yuki followed him out from the café and they headed off to prepare Yuki to attend the meeting at Watanabe household. This was one insane thing she was doing, but it didn’t see she was hesitating at all…there wasn’t such a moment for it at all. After Yuki got all dressed up and she adjusted her hair to look formal, she was sitting beside Sae in the car while they were heading to the Watanabe household…where Mayu would be there. However, she gave her words to listen and obey what Sae said, and what he kept telling her in the car before they stepped out was that…

“Do not talk back to Lady Kikuyo, no matter what.”

She was the one that was in charge with everything before it reached the leader of Yakuza association, Mayu’s father. Due to how intimidating she was, she was known to be the ‘The Lion of Watanabe’. Everyone feared her, and even Mayu’s father himself. At least Yuki met her one time at the engagement party…that woman that was standing beside Mayu. When they were confronting with each other she didn’t bother turn around to pay attention to Mayu and them at all. She wondered whom lady Kikuyo was like…she was slightly scared but she didn’t let that intimidating get to her. What made it even worse…she is Mayu’s mother. The car finally parked in front of this wooden traditional gate…and that was when Sae turned to her with that calm cold expression.

“Keep on that poker face, take notes of all matters discussed, you are my secretary today. Do you understand?”

“…I understand, Sae-sama.”

She needed to refer him as –sama too because in terms of their status, he would be her leader or boss. They got out from the car and the gate finally opened…Yuki was shocked to see how luxurious the garden was inside, it was all decorated in a traditional Japanese style as expected from yakuza’s home. They were finally escorted inside and Yuki couldn’t stop thinking about her friend at all…because she knew that Mayu is somewhere, in this house.

-

The maids of Watanabe household escorted them all to the meeting room. There were Miyazawa guards walked by both Yuki and Sae’s side until they finally arrived at the room. They were told to wait until lady Kikuyo would come meet with them. The moment Yuki had stepped in the house…she couldn't believe this amount of pressure that was in this place. The air…was really heavy that even someone insensitive like Yuki could even felt it.

“…Remember what I told you, got that?”

“R-Right.”

Yuki remembered what Sae always told her in the car about lady Kikuyo. The maids served hot green tea for them and finally…the Lion of Watanabe had arrived, Watanabe Kikuyo. The moment Yuki turned her eyes and meet with Mayu’s mother, she could feel that immense pressure coming out from her. She was overwhelmed by Kikuyo’s presence. She couldn’t believe that this person is actually Mayu’s mother at all… the moment she sat down, she started with her formality greeting to Sae and Yuki. However, she’s very smart…she never met Yuki before and could tell immediately that she’s an odd member to be here.

“Who is she? I’m certain I never met her among your people before. I believe your secretary is Akimoto-san?”

“My secretary fell sick and so her trainer came to replace her for today.”

“I see, pass her my wish for her recovery.”

“Thank you for your kindness, lady Kikuyo.”

Kikuyo looked towards Yuki one last time and she could feel as if she saw through into Yuki’s heart. She bit her lips, and maintained her composure under that heavy presence and it made Kikuyo turned back to Sae.

“Not bad, but overall, still not worth to be here.”

“…My apologize, lady Kikuyo.”

She was bluntly harsh and was judgmental on Yuki. She literally graded her due to her reaction and appearance, but despite Sae kept telling her not to talk back…she didn’t even have the courage to do that at all. Her instinct was telling her that this woman was a terrifying person. They began the meeting and talked about many things involving with Sae’s marriage to her daughter, as well as partnership in businesses that they’re establishing right now with Kashiwagi hospital. Obviously Yuki didn’t expect her father’s hospital to be mentioned, and she didn’t know this was happening at all. She remained in silence, and take down notes of the meeting. Even for just few minutes, it felt like ages. She could feel her hands sweating and she had to bit her lips to make sure she didn’t get distracted.

“For the formal wedding, that will be in two weeks here. Watanabe group will financially organize it.”

“I see, thank you for your utmost kindness for us.”

“Very well then, I believe that is the end to our meeting today. Thank you for coming, Miyazawa Sae.”

“My pleasure, lady Kikuyo.”

Yuki felt so relieved that it ended. At first she didn’t believe Sae how much it could be…and once she experienced it, it felt like being a whole new world that was different from hers. This was actually the world that Mayu was living in…and would be in for eternity. The more she thought about that the more it pained her. One of the bodyguards came in to escort Kikuyo to the next destination as she had another meeting to attend aside from this one. As that man looked up, he saw Yuki sitting beside Sae and actually recognized her…he remembered he saw her at the hospital as well as the amusement park. He was on his duty spying on Watanabe Mayu under Kikuyo’s order. He turned to her and grabbed everyone’s attention to let it direct over to Yuki without any form of mercy.

“…My lady, that woman…she is young master’s friend.”

“…”

Both Sae and Yuki were shocked, right the moment they were about to leave…this man exposed Yuki’s identity in front of lady Kikuyo without any mercy. How unfortunate that he was Kikuyo’s and Mayu’s personal bodyguard, so he actually recognized Yuki. That moment…the coldblooded woman turned to her and it made the raven-haired girl’s heart stopped for a minute. Her instinct literally told her to run as she saw that cold heartless glare staring at her in that midst of silence.

“Mayu’s friend huh…?”

“…!”

“Why are you here? This place does not welcome you.”

“I-I…”

“Answer.”

Yuki was pushed to reply back to Kikuyo, despite she’s shaking terribly. She bit her lips, grabbed some courage and stood up from her seat. She took a deep breath and sighed out once again before she looked back at Kikuyo with fear and frustration. Despite that, she didn’t let it get in her way of speaking out…this might be her one chance to do something for Mayu.

“…I’m here to see Mayu.”

“She does not want to see you. Leave.”

“…!”

Yuki backed away slightly but she stood on her ground and actually confronted back to Kikuyo after all the fear she had for her. For some reason…when she believed that this was all for Mayu’s sake…it gave her such courage and strength to confront with this scariest person she ever meet in her life.

“…I’m here to meet with Mayu.”

“Didn’t you hear what I just say, leave now.”

“Yuki, stop.”

Sae ordered her and she knew why he did that…he was trying to protect her, but for some reason, she was being really carless and reckless right now. She didn’t care about her life at all…because the only thing she thought about was only Mayu, and just about Mayu.

“I know her well…I know her well enough…! I know she doesn’t want this.”

“…”

Kikuyo’s bodyguard was about to take their action to capture Yuki so she would not be able to rebel towards their boss, but then Kikuyo blocked them with her arm and allowed Yuki to continue her talking…no one really know what Kikuyo was thinking, her facial expression was just cold and silent that it could be really creepy and terrifying.

“So…child, what are you going to do? Fight against all the yakuza of Watanabe and take her out? How imbecilic.”

“I guess I am that’s why I’m here…Mayu hates this place, I know she does, you’re her mother, you should know that too! Please…don’t do this to her.”

Sae was beyond shock and he tried to remain in silence without doing anything, but what Yuki was saying was basically no different from declaring a war against Watanabe and Miyazawa group. It’s no different from Yuki asking Kikuyo to cancel the engagement between Mayu and Sae, and obviously it wouldn’t happen. She just remained in silence before she stepped forward towards her and that she was right in front of her.

“I give you for the courage to speak, however…someone weakling like you, will be able to do nothing. What can you do?”

“…!”

“As for my favor, your last call, leave now before there is no mercy.”

“…Leave, right now.”

Sae spoke up and asked her to leave, but she couldn’t. She came this far already and she couldn’t just leave. She’s grateful for his kindness but she didn’t want to drag him into more mess than this…he probably had to take a lot of punishment and blame for bring her into Watanabe’s household.

“…It’s alright, it’s all my responsibility now… lady Kikuyo, it’s Mayu’s life…isn’t she supposed to be the one that decides that!?”

“…”

~SMACK~

Yuki’s face turned and then she fell back onto the floor from that slap across her face. The hairpin that locked her hair fell off and she was shocked from being slapped by lady Kikuyo. The old woman glared at her mercilessly and didn’t show any form of mercy, she actually hit Yuki really hard.

“You need to learn how to shut up, child, or else your mouth will only bring death to you.”

“…!”

“Boys, seize her.”

“Yes ma’am.”

The two bodyguards obeyed to her command, and they went to grab Yuki at both arms and locked it behind her back. She was forced to get up and her hair was disheveled. She made an eye contact with Kikuyo again and that instant…the lady was shocked to see her face. Yuki was caught off guard and saw a new expression on her face…it was a face of misbelief, as if she just saw something she couldn’t believe.

“…How…”

“H-Huh…?”

“Lady Kikuyo, I must confess.”

Sae stood up and then he told Kikuyo that Yuki was actually the daughter of the hospital owner that they’re making a partnership with. It would ruin and break the partnership if they knew that Miyazawa and Watanabe harmed Yuki. It did make Kikuyo think, but there was sign of disapproval from her…she hated unexpectedness like this and told Sae that if there were to be a second time to this he would be severely punished under the law of yakuza. He accepted it, and it made Yuki felt really bad…because it was her fault that put him through this with her. After their talk, Kikuyo turned to Yuki once again and asked her one last question.

“…Why do you come here?”

“Isn’t it obvious? Mayu is my friend…”

“Lies.”

“…!?”

“That is not your real reason here, tell me the truth, and I may spare your life.”

Yuki felt a dead serious atmosphere as Kikuyo pulled out that gun from her obi. Sae and her were left in shock and it was a real gun…she would shoot her if Yuki didn’t tell the truth that would impress Kikuyo enough. Sae brought about the partnership again, but Kikuyo did not care. Just one partnership with a hospital wouldn’t destroy their branch and connections, what mattered more were the wellbeing of the next successor of Watanabe, Mayu. At this moment of silence, it made the young raven-haired girl thought quietly…before she answered back to Mayu’s mother.

“…She… for all those years I know her, M-Mayu…became someone very important to me. She is irreplaceable to me…enough that allowed me to stand here. At the very least, I want her to be happy and smile again.”

“…”

“Please…give her back her freedom, give it back to her…!

Yuki broke into tears, as she was seriously pleading Kikuyo to return Mayu’s freedom back to her. However, the woman didn’t respond anything back to her and just lowered her gun down before she approached Yuki silently. The young raven-haired girl bit her lips and tried to not to make any crying noises, while they still had that short eye contact with each other.

“P-Please, lady Kiku—!”

~THUD~

“G-Guh…! Agh…”

A punch right in her solar plexus made her stunned and her conscious began to drift away. That was one ridiculous strength for a mother-aged woman to knock a young adult in one single blow. It was inevitable that she would faint after receiving Kikuyo’s punch and in few seconds her vision black out and she could no longer argue back to Kikuyo anymore.

“…Hey you.”

“Yes my lady.”

Kikuyo turned to one of the bodyguards that recognized Yuki and asked about her details in terms of her relationship with Mayu. It seemed they were fairly close to each other since he spotted them going out to the amusement park together. She didn’t show any kinds of expression aside from that cold stare while listening to all the details she needed. Finally, she had spoken up again after she had made her decision. Sae was actually panicking and worried about the situation, and he had no clue how much could he convince the heartless woman in front of him.

“Keep her in custody, I’ll decide her punishment.”

“L-Lady Kikuyo—”

“Silence, I heard what you have to say. I will decide on that.”

“At least…please so spare her.”

“I don’t intend to create unnecessary bloodshed, if this girl does not force me to.”

Kikuyo turned back to look at that unconscious girl and for some reason, she looked rather annoyed than usual. It was something about Yuki that made her remember something that she wished she could forget…despite that turmoil inside her mind; she still kept that poker face on.

“Lock her one of the guest rooms, make sure no one lets her out and that she is alive and well. Treat her as a guest. We’re no barbarians.”

“Yes ma’am!!”

That was the most Sae could do to help Yuki, at the very least she had that mercy from heartless lady Kikuyo after all. She was given a place to stay and she wouldn’t be starved…the only thing was that she wouldn’t be able to leave until Kikuyo gave her next order to her boys. He was asked to leave after the meeting was over, and Sae had no choice but to obey. As the men and the maids took unconscious Yuki to one of the guest rooms so to make her temporary prison, Kikuyo walked back to her room and had that image of Yuki’s face again…it reminded her so much of the past she didn’t want to relive it. The way she talked, the way she recklessly act, the way she looks…it reminded her of someone she knew long in the past, who did the exact same thing as what Yuki had done today.

“…Give her back her freedom, give it back to me!! She's not yours! It is...it's her life!!”

A flashback of her past, it seemed it wasn't the first time someone came up against Watanabe group and did the same exact thing that Yuki had done today...it was a déjà vu, and a tragic memory that she find it rather disturbing.

“…Until now, you’re still haunting me huh? It is a curse that never fades away…”

~XXX~

It’s already 4pm and Dr. Kashiwagi finally finished with her shift. She went to the nurse ward to ask for Yuki’s whereabouts but it seemed she left already. Jurina checked her cellphone and she didn’t receive any messages at all too. Yuki just left her without telling anything and it just made her got all confused and wondering.

“She seems to be in a rush though Jurina-san, maybe she has something urgent to do?”

“Huh…Maybe? I’ll call her later then…”

“Jurina-san!”

Another nurse came from behind and it seemed she had something for the doctor. Jurina turned around with curiosity and received a notice that there was someone that wanted to meet with her. She was waiting at the 2nd floor of the main lobby.

“Who is that?”

“Ah…sorry I didn’t ask her. She said that when you meet her you would know.”

“Uh, okay?”

Jurina headed to the 2nd floor lobby as the nurse escorted her, they got out from the elevator and headed to meet that mysterious guest of hers. That moment she turned around and her eyes with with Jurina’s, the doctor froze at that spot…and was speechless.

“That is her ma’am, I’ll be returning to the ward now.”

“…Thank you.”

~XXX~

[Rena’s POV]

I’m so bored that I start walking around the hospital to kill my boredom, as well as waiting for Jurina to finish with her work. She promised to take me out to dinner so that I wouldn’t be too bored. While I’m walking around the main lobby, I suddenly see Jurina talking to this tall pretty lady…she looks like a model. The moment I think I’ll go in to greet her, I freeze at that spot…with fear. There’s just so much…hatred and anger coming out from Jurina’s eyes. I never have seen this side of hers before…Jurina would always have that happy and energetic smile across her face, but…to see her this angry just makes me really scared. I hide at the corner so the model-looking woman and Jurina wouldn’t see me…and I couldn’t help but to overheard their conversation. She even talks in a very cold heartless voice too…I-I’m really scared…I never see Jurina this pissed before.

“…Why are you here?”

“Jurina…I understand you will be mad but…I want to apologize for everything. I realized how foolish I am back then and acting so immaturely. I heard about both Matsui-san…I’m sorry about the news.”

“…”

“But its over now, I’ve retired…nothing is tying me anymore, so please allow me to do something. At the very least…for my only—”

“After you’ve abandoned me for my entire life? I couldn’t even remember you.”

“…I’m really sorry, and I know just an apologize will never fix it.”

“The best favor that you can do for me is leave, now, Shinoda-san.”

“Jurina, please listen to me—”

“I have work to do, and please don’t return back here again.”

I couldn’t help but to be shock and worried with Jurina. It seems she knows this old woman and…they didn’t seem to be on good terms at all. After the conversation somehow died out, I try to peak out again but the next thing I see is Jurina right in front of my face. I freak out and fall back on my bum. That immediately catch her attention and it seems her expression change back to the normal Jurina I know.

“R-Rena-chan!? Are you okay? I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to freak you out.”

“I-It’s okay! I’m fine!”

“Ah right…I just finished with my work, when do you want to go out for dinner?”

“Ah…well…maybe we can talk when we get back to the room?”

“Sure.”

Jurina extends her hand to me and I grab onto it to pull myself up from the floor. Her hand is warm…and gentle. I’m glad the normal Jurina is back here again but then I suddenly have a flashback of my forgotten memories…that I’m about to strangle her. I pull my hand back with fear and that catches Jurina’s attention.

“Are you okay?”

“Y-Yeah! I’m okay…I’m sorry that I surprise you.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

I didn’t hold her hand again, and then we head back to my room, together. In that silence I don’t know what to say actually. I’m still questioning about Jurina and that lady’s relationship…and then I have my own nightmare memories to worry about too. I wonder if I ask Jurina about that woman…would she be mad again or not. I want to know, but at the same time I don’t want to piss her off at all.

“J-Jurina…”

“Hm?”

“Uhm…I don’t want to upset you or anything but…”

“Yeah? Just ask.”

“…”

I still hesitate to ask, but Jurina has that gentle smile across her face that makes me trust her. I finally ask her about her relationship with that woman she talked to at the main lobby. I think I expect to see her shocking expression, but she’s just so calm and is just slightly surprise with my question.

“Ahhhh, so you overheard us?”

“I-I’m really sorry I didn’t meant to—”

“That’s okay, don’t worry! I’m surprise that you actually heard us…maybe it's a good thing you did.”

“E-Eh…? Why?”

“It would be really hard to break it to you…I guess I rather let you know that way more.”

Jurina have that soft smile, but tinge of sadness on it. It feels like…I’m one more step of knowing more about Jurina. I grab onto her white coat and then she pats my head with that comforting smile again, it feels as if she knows that I’m sad, worrying, or frustrated. I wait patiently for Jurina’s response and she did take her time to phrase her words carefully.

“That person is Shinoda Mariko, an ex-model.”

“I think I saw her on a magazine before…I read her news about her retirement few weeks ago.”

“…That person… is my biological mother, that abandoned me when I was a baby.”

That shuts me up immediately. I look at her with surprise and I finally realize…that resemblance she shared with Shinoda-san. I have a feeling that today will be a long night… a very long night between the two of us. I learn more about her past, and learn about the burdens she carried…it makes me realize that…Jurina is not that different from Yuki, Mayu, or I. No matter how strong we are…at times, we need someone to rely on too. We want someone that can support our back at times we’re exhausted from all the burdens we carry…I want to be that person for her. At the very least…I want to be able to ease her burdens. I wonder I’m capable for such a thing like that or not, but…I want to be there for her.

-
-

~END CHAPTER 12~
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:40:11 PM by katekyohit »

Offline clubhappy

• Member+
  • Kami-oshi: the one and only Mayuyu☆. OTP: Mayuki♪
« Reply #237 on: May 12, 2015, 06:13:36 PM »
Three months............... THREE MONTHS :V :V :V
KIKUY-- YUKIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!! Mayu go and save her!!  :P
or that's how i think i should comment now cuz everyone doesn't know about THOSE TWO yet :P :P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:05:16 PM by clubhappy »

Offline rhin12

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »
ohhhh Kikuyo-san why u so mean to my MaYuki!!!  :angry: Poor Mayu  :cry: I hope Yuki will realize her feelings soon!

thanks for the update, kate!  :cow:

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2015, 12:05:30 AM »
OMG! The story is at its highest point.

I can not wait to read the continuation.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Airi Suzuki - Single Bed