JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Secret Garden

Author Topic: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)  (Read 292357 times)

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
hey guys, since i might be going(still trying to use "alternative forms of persuasion" to go), what do i need to do first?

Offline riyo

• No.4ロケット
  • Member+
Got my hotel room reserved! I'm at the Mayfair, checking in the 2nd and checking out the 6th. I went with the Economy room for 77 a night (+40 for fees). The Economy room is the cheapest and has two beds. If anyone's looking for a bed, PM me or something. I'll be back in IRC, MSN, and AIM when school calms a little bit, which'll probably be next week.

werd up arun, thats where me, boy, ping, dai, flyp, jab be stayin too. join the party at the mayfair, peeps!

did you guys book the mayfair through the convention? or is it just really close and whatnot

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
it seems, AX is not going to be using the Nokia theater for the show, that the cost has become to much to use that venue.

They are now discussing using two of the Hall at LACC to do the concert, which are NOT equipped for concerts, it makes us sit in fold out chair and has a stage rigged up possibly poorly.

I suggest those who don't want to have a bad concert experience head over to AX's forums and let them know they need to find a proper concert venue close to the convention.

cause it's making me rethink my decision to go.

Tho I know I would go if they we're playing in a barn in Kentucky.

ok going back and looking at LACC's layout in halls A and B they have a theater with a 17,000 person capacity.

so maybe they will use that.

I guess time will tell.

lol this should make it worse...

Got my hotel room reserved! I'm at the Mayfair, checking in the 2nd and checking out the 6th. I went with the Economy room for 77 a night (+40 for fees). The Economy room is the cheapest and has two beds. If anyone's looking for a bed, PM me or something. I'll be back in IRC, MSN, and AIM when school calms a little bit, which'll probably be next week.

werd up arun, thats where me, boy, ping, dai, flyp, jab be stayin too. join the party at the mayfair, peeps!

did you guys book the mayfair through the convention? or is it just really close and whatnot

afaik the mayfair isnt one of the hotels the con is using, its only about a mile away from the LACC, about a 20 minute walk, which is why I chose it

hey guys, since i might be going(still trying to use "alternative forms of persuasion" to go), what do i need to do first?

finding a hotel room and means of transportation should be priority #1
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:41:07 AM by tenkei »

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
Ah, I had a feeling that they might not use the Nokia theater, which is a shame. Having a MM concert at an actual concert/theater venue would have been awesome. First big mistake AX. Well, I can see them not using it for masquerade and other main events. Can't see why they used it in the first place, but for a concert, that's quite lame. Let's see how else they screw this up. :P

But since it's now at the LACC, I guess the MM concert will end up being similar to when they went to Taiwan to perform. That was also at a location similar to LACC.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:45:49 AM by Fenrir »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Can anyone explain the hotel voucher? Is it a ticket to the event? I know you can get that from the hotel under the Con. But my friend and I got confused with the whole ticket/hotel voucher thing, so I wanted to verify it. Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 03:09:56 AM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
^ From what I understand, you get a free ticket to one event if you book your hotel through the con.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
No Nokia Theater? Bull-shit. There's so many people going to the con just for them. And I'm sure many are willing to pay some nice amount of money to see them in a nice venue.

^PS. I can't help but stare at Datalanche's sig and ava. Jun-jun is just too cute in them. :P

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
tomorrow, registration opens to purchase your badges and tickets 3/4

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry that Anime Expo 2009 registration has taken so long to be put up and thank you for joining my mailing list. I am writing to tell you that registration will be going online tomorrow morning. I have the link to the registration site, but currently it is not active, so I do not want to give out the link just yet. Tomorrow morning, when the link is active, I will be sending out another email with the link in it or you can just look at the Anime Expo website.

Thank you all for your patience~

--
Joey Tu
Registration Department Manager
Anime Expo
Society for the Promotion Of Japanese Animation

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
Well, I'm a bit disappointed about the change in the concert venue, but I'm not too worried...  my A-kon concert experiences were quite good sound-wise... The only problems to worry about would be staging, I'd assume.  However, I'd still go even if they were just performing on the back of a pick-up truck with megaphones.

You can count me as one of the first to pre-reg tomorrow when it opens.  Exciting times are ahead!

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Yeah, real bummer about the venue, but if they were to even NOT perform, I'd go to see them lol. Everyone who's able to go should go anyways to show them how many fans they really got out here.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:05:22 AM by rev2hd »

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
While it would be cool to have the show in a real concert venue, I can somewhat understand why they aren't. I hate to be so blunt, but I think this might be for the better. I'm really curious to see how many really go to their concert. I'm sure it'll be a reasonable amount, but generally, people who are into anime but not jpop tend to think idol groups like MM are gross. Oh well, if nothing else, it just means there's more room for us fans.  :)

It would be cool if they wait till 10AM PST to do the registration. I'm not fond of logging onto my banking stuff at work. Being the network admin, I know how horribly unsecure it is. XD

Edit to not double post: Looks like registration has been delayed. The post on AX's forum says "sometime this week" again.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:41:09 PM by Datalanche »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Edit to not double post: Looks like registration has been delayed. The post on AX's forum says "sometime this week" again.

hahah, good ol' AX. as expected.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Yo I got a tweet that it's at Noon!!!!!!!!! so 30 minutes from now!

http://twitter.com/AnimeExpo

ANIME EXPO® 2009, THE NATION'S LARGEST ANIME & MANGA CONVENTION, PROUDLY ANNOUNCES THAT ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION AVAILABLE AT NOON TODAY!!!

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
I was just browsing the website... it said it would be up at Noon. I'm guessing that Pacific time.

Also listed was that MM's concert will be that Friday; July 3rd.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
COOL :D We can go to Disneyland on US American Day!

Yo Fen, so if we pre-register like after dinner - it's still good? or do places go fast? cuz I gotta get back to work at noon Pacific

P.S. Fen get twitter lol

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
you can pre-reg for months lol they dont run out of pre-reg since its just  a way for you to get a cheaper badge

i dunno about the premium tickets though, i dont know if you buy them when you buy your badge or if you buy them later... i guess one of you can find out and let us know lol

I gotta wait to pre-reg, my funds are kinda low after booking the hotel and my monthly bills just hit lol

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
^^ You can pre-register anytime you like. Convention badges will never run out. As for reserved tickets... I'm not sure how that goes. I suppose the sooner the better, but your seats aren't assigned until you actually pick up the ticket at the convention, so unless they have a limit to the reserved seats, it doesn't matter when you get that really. (I think. I never had to get a reserved ticket before. lol)

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
yeah, i never have either lol. I'm still wondering about that AX staff dude who said they were gonna try to work out to get all the forums to be able to sit together if they bought reserved tickets...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Good good. I'll hook us up with some badges. Whoa, the earlier u go pick tix up (Day Zero?) the better seats u get?

Yo Fenten, let's get on IRC later tonite! :thumbsup

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
two minutes ago on twitter:

AnimeExpoDue to technical difficulties, general attendee pre-reg will be postponed until further announcement. We apologize for the inconvenience.

YEAAAH :D

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Secret Garden