JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfume - Computer City

Author Topic: The SNSD General Discussion Thread  (Read 1819182 times)

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
Re: [KOR]So Nyuh Shi Dae... SM's 9 Member Girl Group
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2007, 02:46:12 PM »
SNSD on MKMF cut [071117]

>>DOWNLOAD<<
Credit : YuRi~SeoHyun Thailand

It has Into the New World and Girls' Generation perfs, and 2 dances with HyoYeon.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »
Even moar Elle Girl from Sky High:

This one was so massive wub that I had to optimize it!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 03:49:16 PM by Stryfe »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2007, 06:27:37 PM »
Some of my fav live pics of TaeYeon. These are still all from Popcornfor2 forum xD

LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2007, 07:52:04 PM »
SAY WHAT?!

Man, if I had known that there were some big Klovers here, I would have been more active again. [Thanks Sev!]

SNSD is my new MM. I wasn't going to try and get into them because I didn't want any disappointments... but then I realized some of these girls have talent (which I'm pretty sure I don't have to list).

SooYoung playin' 'dem drums was hot. Plus, she makes the best pairing with TaeYun <3
I for one think HyoYun needs to do a dance off with MIN (JYP trainee, big talk in the Kamericans) and Son Dam Bi, maybe even Stephanie fro CSJH... I think that'd be hot.

-Owaranai_sLaVe

EDIT:
Any AMBN members here? I'm sLaVe_KSM over there.

MAN! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that always got Yuri and YoonA mixed up... I always have to look at their hair to tell them apart.

I'm glad that they look up to BoA, she really is someone to look up to~

Am I the only one who misses Tiffany's hair? Also, am I the only one who wonders how SuHyun is part of the 4 leads? Honestly, I think if HyoYun weren't busy dancing and getting tired, she has a better voice. Same goes to Sunny and SooYoung who also has a good voice.

Other than SNSD, KARA and Wonger Girls are awesome.

Does anyone have any of SooYoung's stuff from her career in Japan?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 08:09:41 PM by Owaranai_sLaVe »
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2007, 08:21:11 PM »
If there weren't Klovers before, there sure are now :lol: SNSD :heart: :heart: :heart:

If SNSD weren't talented, I so wouldn't be into them... Because there's enough of that other idol stuff in H!P XD SNSD gives me something new while still being safely idol-like with the cute and funny members and bubblegum pop :3

Also, am I the only one who wonders how SuHyun is part of the 4 leads? Honestly, I think if HyoYun weren't busy dancing and getting tired, she has a better voice. Same goes to Sunny and SooYoung who also has a good voice.
Hmm I don't really mind the leads as they are because every girl still gets at least one line in each song, I'm happy with how they've done stuff so far... So I don't really wonder about SeoHyun cuz it's not important to me XD But maybe it's because if she wasn't one of the leads, she might become just a wallflower because her personality isn't as strong as the other girls' (well, that's the image I've got so far)... At least she gets some spotlight being one of the leads. And also, since she's the youngest, maybe making her one of the leads is just simply a way to give her more experience?

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2007, 11:17:14 PM »
OMG Shirenu, no longer has the Nacci love!?!  I guess I can buy the copy of Elle Girl here, I'd just feel odd doing it.

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2007, 03:05:20 AM »
Wow I didnt know there's SNSD thread here hahahaha
maybe sum of you oredi know me from AMBN^^

Okie gonna share this

Hyoyeon Vs Yoobin Wg on Starking (yeah no one can actually move like Hyo)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F_Q2jy8HOvw&feature=related

Taeyeon touch tiff's butt (she doesnt mean to do that hahaha)
Gif

Credits:SNSD thread soompi

Ava+Siggy by heygingersnap+kamisaka @ AMBN^^

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2007, 04:22:59 AM »
^thanks for the video clip. I love Starking. HyoYeon rocked as always but I have to give props to YooBin and WG for being able to dance in high heels. XD It's too bad shows like Love Letter and X-Man were cancelled cuz those dance battle segments they had were fun.

I read klover as "clover" :lol: I've been into Kpop for about a year and half now, and probably 2+ years with movies and dramas. I chose not to join kpop forums just because I'm already on too many jpop forums and adding another one would just confuse me. :lol: But since I got my sisters into kpop and they are more into it than me I just get my kpop fixes from them. hehe

Since most of us are MM/HP fans here have you tried comparing which SNSD members reminds you of this MM member? Maybe it's too early to compare? :lol: They both have 9 members but we know one group is slightly better than the other in certain things. :roll: Just now in another forum, Eri got compared to HyoYeon *cues laugh track* although she is the best dancer in the current lineup. It would be nice if they let her show off her dancing if she isn't going to sing much.

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2007, 06:34:29 AM »
^ hahaha actually snsd gals could dance in high heels too tho,all of gal groups being trained to dance in anykind of shoes and anykind of music

hahaha I've been into Kpop&drama for 7years now XD

None in SNSD reminded me of MM gals hahaha,since they have diff personalities and even they all love to act soooo dorky but the way both group jokes also diff,I found that SNSD gals more crazy hahahaha I remember MTV SNSD Hyoyeon Ep now THAT'S SUPER HILARIOUS the gals went NUTS hahaha

the more I think about it the more I think there's no point comparing SNSD with MM and like someone said here, MM maybe more experienced than SNSD but if we look closely SNSD is having more in talent (Im not saying MM gals not talented,they're also talented but SNSD just got more in this category XD ),but I always adore how MM gals always sooo energetic in every of their concert (this is why I got interested on them^^ I love their energy) but really they need to improve their singing dancing ability (and modelling too) coz they're sooo belooooowwww any k-girlgroups esp CSJH >.<

I really Hope UFA and Tsunku really think bout this so they could make MM back on track

Hwaiting to SNSD and Ganbatte MM ^^ I'll always try to support them all

SNSD and CSJH meet up at MKMF (they hugged ^^ )

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EDhlLpIk-T0

Jessica with her sister Krystal

credits:lolly88@ambn
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:16:49 AM by BeLLisima »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2007, 07:20:25 AM »
I don't think I could really compare SNSD to Momusu personalities either... They're just really different :O
There's another difference between the groups - I think SNSD is allowed to be more freely themselves on camera than Momusu is. I mean, the way I always saw Momusu was that it was the girls' own personalities, but exaggerated 100 times for the audience. Like a part of their job has always been to "act" to some extent. SNSD... They don't seem exaggerated that way, just naturally crazy :lol: ... And in MM, we kinda see the same situations over and over again, like someone losing a game where the prize is food and then they look like they're dying when they watch the others eat. It's just the same thing again and again and starts to feel rather "fake" once you've seen it for a few times. Not really scripted, but like the girls think "oh I saw one of my senpais act like this when they lost, so I'm going to do it now and look really funny/cute". But SNSD doesn't need to do stuff like that... They can just be themselves and it's enough... Well, that's what I think!

(I write really long posts in this thread)

I think MM also lacks a personality like SooYoung; her radio MC kinda personality where she's able to narrate anything so that it turns into a really funny thing. She just seems very 'quick-witted' in a way to me, like she can instantly see the humour in something and... find the right words (that I have trouble finding now :D ) I just remember watching her MTV episode and she was soooo funny, and not just by acting silly but because I felt that she had great timing for comedy & stuff like that. For some reason I have a really difficult time explaining it, but maybe you understand anyway :lol: And it all seems so natural, not like she's "trying to be funny" at all.

About the talent difference - Sadly, I don't think UFA is even interested in the improvement of H!P girls. They play the cuteness card where it's cute if someone sings badly, dances clumsily or just seems quite dumb. They're expected to improve a little bit so that the fans can be like "omg I'm so proud, she's got better since she joined", but in the end there's not even a point in getting really good because it doesn't really affect your popularity at all (see how some of the most talented singers in UFA are some of the least popular members).

But in the end, I think the whole concept of "talent" is completely different in SNSD and H!P :O In SNSD it's singing, dancing and all the random things that the girls can do. In H!P, someone like Rika Ishikawa is talented; someone who can capture the hearts of the wota, someone who has charisma, someone who is really cute, someone who has that little special something. Someone who can lead a song even if she can't sing to save her life. It's just such a different world :lol:

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2007, 09:09:19 AM »
But in the end, I think the whole concept of "talent" is completely different in SNSD and H!P :O In SNSD it's singing, dancing and all the random things that the girls can do. In H!P, someone like Rika Ishikawa is talented; someone who can capture the hearts of the wota, someone who has charisma, someone who is really cute, someone who has that little special something. Someone who can lead a song even if she can't sing to save her life. It's just such a different world :lol:
Wow shi! That was beautiful. :D And I totally agree. I can also see a clear difference in talent, that without saying that either one of the groups are more talented than the other.

Btw! Nice to see you around sis' (Owaranai_sLaVe)! :heart:
[/url]

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2007, 09:57:29 AM »
OMG texts. @_@

All this talk about MM & SNSD camparison makes me wonder how well SNSD girls can draw. :lol:
I always wonder why H!P girls draw like kindergarteners when they're actually adults. :|

I can't compare SNSD's personalities to MM's either. But the group itself resembles MM, yeah.

Why do they group SeoHyun with the vocalists... Coz they can't group her with the dancers? :P I like her singing, actually. Her voice and expression might be a bit too young for some songs but that's because she is young. But her singing is good. So is Sunny's. I wonder why they never brought her along to those radio shows where they sang live.

Just saw this vid on tube last night. The owner's description...

Top 2 Trainee Dancers in SM (SM Showcase)
The girl in the black long-sleeve shirt is Kim Hyo Yeon (#1 trainee dancer in SM). The other skinnier girl is Kwon Yuri (#2. It was said in the news). This is from an SM showcase. Both are 1989-er.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HYsYi2ky6p0[/youtube]

And, woot! We got more people here! 45pages to go, guys! :lol:

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2007, 10:06:55 AM »
Sooo agree with you shirenu XD
UFA only think on how to make the H!P gals wear bikini even b4 they even legal =___=

remember one of GTS ep where SNSD should be model in this event at swimming pool,when the PD said "the concept is bikini", the gals face look sooo shocked hahaha they said "Heeeeeee???" XD

Hyoyeon SNSD & Jaewon Blackbeat Dance Duet
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_jHi86Gd7sQ&feature=related

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »
All this talk about MM & SNSD camparison makes me wonder how well SNSD girls can draw. :lol:
I always wonder why H!P girls draw like kindergarteners when they're actually adults. :|
ROFL that was so random and funny :D
But again, maybe it has something to do with the 'cuteness' :P You can't possibly be cute if you draw like an adult.. lol

You know, I never would've even noticed that Yuri's a good dancer if tama hadn't pointed out. I don't think they've made a lot of use of her yet in the group.

remember one of GTS ep where SNSD should be model in this event at swimming pool,when the PD said "the concept is bikini", the gals face look sooo shocked hahaha they said "Heeeeeee???" XD
Yeah :lol: And it made me think "oh that's right, I haven't seen any of them wear a bikini... That would be really weird" lol!!

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2007, 06:51:53 PM »
Since there's no TV perf today (OMG how can that be!!), I went digging old stuff to dl. And  finally got this perf, so I upped it for those who don't have it yet too!

SNSD performing BoA's Girls On Top and My Name[071011]

>>DOWNLOAD<<

Yuri is :heart: here.

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2007, 09:28:47 PM »
^I'll snag it next week if it's still uploaded sionce ya know...my comp is deadddd.

omg so many talks @@ oh well, about Hyoyeon being one of the top dancers when she was trainee, I remember that people used to call her the Dance Queen when she was a trainee and they still call her like that. Sungmin tends to call her the Dance Heroine and from what I've heard, she has leaned a lot from Eunhyuk, from Super Junior, her past boyfriend (they dated for 3 years before Hyukkie debuted w/ Suju).

Did someone watched the MKMF Awards? HyoYeon impressed everyone and she was cheered by the CSJH/THZX girls~ Honestly, I expected alot from the other girls, but woaaaah, that was seriously Hyoyeon's night. Also she made a collab dance with Stephanie from CSJH and it was awesome! Also the girls performed GG, the outfits were so nice! Tough I'm sas they didn't won Best new Girl group, I'm so proud of them.

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2007, 12:00:21 AM »
[I write a lot]

shi - You're so right. I guess that's why I got into Kpop after my H!P obsession. I needed more talent than fun idol. But if I ever want to be entertained, I rely on the 'ol H!P. Korean stars are cute too, but I don't think anyone can pull off skits like the ones on Hello! Morning.
That's very true. EAch girl does at least a good amount of time on the MVs and each song. But of course, the four leads get just a bit more.
About SuHyun, if she would just be a 'nobody' if she wasn't a lead... well what about the others? I mean, I know SooYoung has her radio station, but even then, I feel like the rest of them don't get much attention. TaeYun, HyoYun, YoonAh, Tiffany, Jessica, and at times YuRi get the most attention.
I wonder, how long did it take for you guys to learn their names? Haha, I remember learning all the past MM members names with the current ones took me like 2 weeks (that's because they were my first asian girl group). I knew about SNSD (since I'm a Kpop news writer) but when I finally accepted them as singers, it took me 4 days to learn their names, but weeks to decipher who the look alikes were (YuRi and YoonA).

P.S. How do you know SooYoung is cracking jokes? Do they sub the radio shows now?
DO Me - WHOA. I just got into XMAN a few weeks back and try to watch as many as the old ones that I can. But it's canceled?! I thought they were still going!

About comparisons... Honestly, I think SNSD has more talanted people arts wise. Probably cuz they train longer. I know MM has their share of talent, but I've noticed through my Kpop experiance that vocally and dance wise, Koreans excell more. But lyrically, Koreans have sadder music and Japanese have more poetic music. That's how I view it.
Both groups have their share of funny people, though their humor is very different.
Because I'm so used to pairings, I still can't believe SNSD doesn't have a solid pairing!!!!! ;[ So I think I will make up my own and believe in SooYoung + TaeYun = SooYun
Morning Musume is conservative personality wise, SNSD is more wild and crazy. But Morning Musume is more showy, clothes wise, and SNSD is more conservative. Take for example how Koreans don't even have photobooks, but Japanese do and it's filled with bikinis. This may be because of culture and fashion differences though. But i agree with Shi, it does seem like acting after a while. Probably why I think SNSD is more wild and crazy compared to MM. Also agree on the fact that MM isn't even soley based on talent, but more on entertaining. I'm fine with that, and usually I'm not (like with Rain, Super Junior,Koda Kumi) only beacuse they have had a few talents before. I guess that's why it irks me too see Tsunku choose the ones that need more work because he wants to have fun or have a challenge. Honestly, if this weren't in Japan, I don't think it would have worked out as well.

tama - They should bring Sunny along. She has a good voice. SuHyun isn't even that young, I mean the rest are from 17-18. And there have been news reports that some of them are actually OLDER than that. So age shouldn't really matter why she would be part of the LEAD vocals...

It's cool how the girls look up to BoA :)

Hey Citra unni ;] ugh T_T can you believe I haven't downloaded ANYTHING yet from SNSD? I feel really bad.

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2007, 12:14:31 AM »
I remember when they were first talked about, and when they first debuted, but I never paid attention, and now I've
been interested for awhile.

I liked this one song, it was an upbeat, but I forgot what it was called. :P (It's ok, I wasn't looking around for it)
Anways, I'm going to be listening to more of their stuff.

I watched this video I saw on the first page of the thread, where Jessica is speaking English on a radio show, and I just found it hilarious.

Jessica: "Ah, It's fine, I don't really care".
Tiffany (in the bg): "Actually no, it's not fine, you're late

haha, I really love their American Accents, (Did they ever live in the States?)

"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2007, 01:03:10 AM »
maria hahaha u gotta DL all their files sista,esp MTV SNSD Hyoyeon Yoona and Taeyeon Ep XD
Taeyeon Ep kinda similar with when MM went to Disneyland,but
DANG!!! SNSD More FUNNIER hahahaha I cant stop laughing watching the gals running around and yelling and else hahaha
they're totally out of control hahaha and ofcourse ppl round them couldnt stop looking at them hahaha

I remember when these skool gals yelling to Taeyeon Hyoyeon and Sunny,they said "Unnie ur cute" hahaha

and bout Sooyoung on radio OMG look when she imitating opera singer HAHAHAHA soo hilarious XD

shirenu hahahaha Nooo I dun want SNSD gals wearing bikini >.< I like them coz they dun try to get ppl attention that way,can u imagine how ppl gonna bash them if they wear bikini =___=

modesta have u listen Tiff interview with Isak in English?

Unstoppable Marriage Sooyoung-Yuri Cut (Yuri did the Matrix move XD)

SNSD singing Tingkerbell at Radio

Merry Go Round at Radio

^ Nice!!!!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 01:13:00 AM by BeLLisima »

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2007, 04:50:40 AM »
UFA just needs to go back to basics with MM.  Haromoni is wearing on me, go back to the skits and other stuff.  The idol concept is completely different too.  The costumes are exactly that.  COSTUMES.  Whereas, SNSD wear "regular performance" clothes.  They aren't in showy costumes, dancing in elevated heels and the like.  I don't see UFA changing things though,  looking back at the older stuff, and see how much has changed in the past 10 yrs.  And SNSD has the Risa seal of approval.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfume - Computer City