JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - See U Later

Author Topic: [Misc] The Official ~Ishiyoshi is Love~ Thread  (Read 430462 times)

Offline Atreyuxex

• Makoto,Rika&Rainie my chica's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
Re: [Misc] The Official ~Ishiyoshi is Love~ Thread
« Reply #1200 on: June 08, 2012, 04:38:25 AM »
I really shouldn't come on here half asleep  :nervous

But yeah, that's always kinda got me too. You know they could have cashed in on IshiYoshi way back when, so why do it when they did? Maybe it was all timing? Who knows. I haven't seen every single vid,pic ,  whatever of them to figure out when the IshiYoshi tide had turned =P.

Shiningj, that gets me too. It's mega shocking at how their relationship is accepted. It's really great to see how accepting people are  :grin:

LoL guillty like the rest of us .

GENES! XD Yes, at least we'll have the lil IshiYoshi bunnies  :lol:

Offline Atreyuxex

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #1201 on: June 11, 2012, 04:53:00 AM »
After going to an extreamly borning event, I had time to sit and stew in my own thoughts. All I could think about was IshiYoshiness lol . But one question has been on my mind for quite some time... I'm so curious why people are so exepting of IshiYoshi's relationship. I'm sure that there are other seemingly not-so-straight/public relationships out there, and yet people have a damn fit about them. I haven't really read or some across any negative press about these two and their ishiyoshiness. I'm just curious. I didn't really see anything written in older posts, but then again, I seem to like coming on here when I've just woken up  :nervous

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1202 on: June 12, 2012, 02:15:21 AM »
Hi! I'm tru and I've come to join this discussion. ^^\  :welcome Atreyuxex

I think most of us H!P fans (and other otaku niches) are cool with same-sex member pairings to begin with and IshiYoshi is just so adorable.
I also think that people who are not into fandoms would just be indifferent if they were made aware.

I work with Japanese people and when I ask them about seeing IshiYoshi on TV being teased about their relationship/sexuality/orientation and they don't see what we see. It's all just good fun/humor/marketing to them. When I tell them about IshiYoshi fandom and show them blogs, fanfics, videos on the subject they are quite shocked by how much we see and how deep we interpret their interactions.

Negative press only come from gossip magazines and most Japanese people hardly take those stories about IshiYoshi seriously because they're usually fake, like terribly photoshopped haha. (dunno about other celebrities but yeah.)

Most of them take IshiYoshi as a really good partnership/friendship as with any other H!P-member pairing.

:otomerika: :deco: :yossi:

Offline Atreyuxex

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #1203 on: June 12, 2012, 03:28:26 AM »
Hi! I'm tru and I've come to join this discussion. ^^\  :welcome Atreyuxex

I think most of us H!P fans (and other otaku niches) are cool with same-sex member pairings to begin with and IshiYoshi is just so adorable.
I also think that people who are not into fandoms would just be indifferent if they were made aware.

I work with Japanese people and when I ask them about seeing IshiYoshi on TV being teased about their relationship/sexuality/orientation and they don't see what we see. It's all just good fun/humor/marketing to them. When I tell them about IshiYoshi fandom and show them blogs, fanfics, videos on the subject they are quite shocked by how much we see and how deep we interpret their interactions.

Negative press only come from gossip magazines and most Japanese people hardly take those stories about IshiYoshi seriously because they're usually fake, like terribly photoshopped haha. (dunno about other celebrities but yeah.)

Most of them take IshiYoshi as a really good partnership/friendship as with any other H!P-member pairing.

Holla Tru and thank you. :grin:  I had posted on your fanfic before   :nervous

I've always found their relationship cute =P.

OH wow, so you're pretty much in the know. So is it just people outside of Japan that see IshiYoshi in a certain light? I've really never seen anything negitive about them. I'm sure it's out there but I don't go looking for it. I think I'd be hurt more then they would lol.

Oh you know what? I was thinking today , about this girl group called T.A.T.U  and well, it seems to me that someone perfected T.A.T.U's formula and that's how IshiYoshi came to be lol. That's just my loco thinking though.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:48:00 AM by Atreyuxex »

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1204 on: June 12, 2012, 12:23:57 PM »
There ARE IshiYoshi fans in Japan and believe me their eyes are really sharp. If it weren't for them, we probably wouldn't be this ape-shit crazy about IshiYoshi since they supply us with so much material and evidence.

I was talking about the non-otaku, non-wota crowd who don't look at IshiYoshi as much and as deeplpy as we do. Remember that all the videos and material we get are concentrates of IshiYoshi that happen in mass media in Japan. It is a very small percentage of what people generally see on TV a daily basis. If we watch everything they have on TV now, we'd probably not notice IshiYoshi that much either. We would notice because we care and not just because they were there.

t.A.t.u. is so fake though. They admitted that the whole lesbian image was a marketing device. I think with IshiYoshi, the chemistry just blossomed between them. I also thought once before that the management must've tried to kinda separate them since a semi-official gay couple in H!P seemed like bad rep on their part. I think it's only recently that they had decided that IshiYoshi was too good to not make good use of. Like, why force a group together when you got a naturally formed duo with a really good working history and relationship. I think they got the formula right and the span of time that they've been doing things should factor in on this too.

Offline shainingj

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ IshiYoshi ~ No doubt about their friendship
« Reply #1205 on: June 12, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »
hooray!! discussion is alive!  :deco:
Atrey-san, we're both late about ishiyoshi!
they've been discussing this as early as 2005!
so glad that they're coming out again for our taughts.
i back read before, i learn and love ishiyoshi further.

and i agree to tru that if you're not into the fandom you won't see that there's something.
maybe that's why i said before that i don't believe in other pairing coz i'm not into them.
sorry for saying that!! everyone have the right for what they believe.

as for the fake tatu similar to ishiyoshi, i was afraid that h&A-f will take that path kinda marketing scheme. thankfully they're not.
but somehow we still get some subtle ishiyoshiness and is a given fact as fan service.
What makes me think is that nobody dare ask IshiYoshi of their status, given the fact that they're
very popular in the internet. Though I understand it as part of the Japanese culture of not directly asking
specially a sensitive question like this. With these, it makes them mysterious and sell and loved by fans!

For now let's keep that mystery alive and enjoy their partnership as well as looking for more IshiYoshiing !
but another topic is that sometimes or most of the time Rika does not blog about Yossy.
Yossy will be mention only when they're working together.
Unlike when she's going out with Kei, Makoto or Shibata-san, they appeared instantly.
We only know, that they eat here, went there, and everywhere  :lol: only when the other member spills it out.

Offline Atreyuxex

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #1206 on: June 13, 2012, 07:49:12 AM »
There ARE IshiYoshi fans in Japan and believe me their eyes are really sharp. If it weren't for them, we probably wouldn't be this ape-shit crazy about IshiYoshi since they supply us with so much material and evidence.

I was talking about the non-otaku, non-wota crowd who don't look at IshiYoshi as much and as deeplpy as we do. Remember that all the videos and material we get are concentrates of IshiYoshi that happen in mass media in Japan. It is a very small percentage of what people generally see on TV a daily basis. If we watch everything they have on TV now, we'd probably not notice IshiYoshi that much either. We would notice because we care and not just because they were there.

t.A.t.u. is so fake though. They admitted that the whole lesbian image was a marketing device. I think with IshiYoshi, the chemistry just blossomed between them. I also thought once before that the management must've tried to kinda separate them since a semi-official gay couple in H!P seemed like bad rep on their part. I think it's only recently that they had decided that IshiYoshi was too good to not make good use of. Like, why force a group together when you got a naturally formed duo with a really good working history and relationship. I think they got the formula right and the span of time that they've been doing things should factor in on this too.

Tru, is that so? So I guess we all owe a but thank you to the Japanese IshiYoshi fans :grin:.

I'm glad to see the concentrated version lol. Otherwise, just as you said, we wouldn't be so interested in them .

Oh yeah, well thats why I was saying that maybe they took a cue from stupid t.a.t.u. and went a differnt way, yet kinda the same * if that makes sense* lol

Offline Atreyuxex

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #1207 on: June 13, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »
hooray!! discussion is alive!  :deco:
Atrey-san, we're both late about ishiyoshi!
they've been discussing this as early as 2005!
so glad that they're coming out again for our taughts.
i back read before, i learn and love ishiyoshi further.

and i agree to tru that if you're not into the fandom you won't see that there's something.
maybe that's why i said before that i don't believe in other pairing coz i'm not into them.
sorry for saying that!! everyone have the right for what they believe.

as for the fake tatu similar to ishiyoshi, i was afraid that h&A-f will take that path kinda marketing scheme. thankfully they're not.
but somehow we still get some subtle ishiyoshiness and is a given fact as fan service.
What makes me think is that nobody dare ask IshiYoshi of their status, given the fact that they're
very popular in the internet. Though I understand it as part of the Japanese culture of not directly asking
specially a sensitive question like this. With these, it makes them mysterious and sell and loved by fans!

For now let's keep that mystery alive and enjoy their partnership as well as looking for more IshiYoshiing !
but another topic is that sometimes or most of the time Rika does not blog about Yossy.
Yossy will be mention only when they're working together.
Unlike when she's going out with Kei, Makoto or Shibata-san, they appeared instantly.
We only know, that they eat here, went there, and everywhere  :lol: only when the other member spills it out.

Yeah, I totally agree with you and tru .

Aw that sucks. I love IshiYoshi, but I'm so loco for YoMako. I think Yossi and Makoto are just as cute and stuff as IshiYoshi. But I respect your feelings  :lol:.

I like the mystery of IshiYoshi .Thats the whole appeal * are they or aren't they? * you know =D.

Offline Atreyuxex

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #1208 on: June 16, 2012, 08:32:38 AM »
Posting more of my nonsense  :nervous

I'm sure everyone here has watched this video.

It may be just me, but did they seem a bit off? Like they were being forced to act all * ya know* . I'm not saying it wasn't hot, cause it was lol, but I just got the feeling it was all forced. I like Yossi's hair  :grin: .

It's weird,  because they seem more touchy-feely irl then in these music videos.

Again, this is just my silly opinion.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1209 on: June 16, 2012, 02:17:31 PM »
that doesn't really say anything about their private relationship

when i introduced my girlfriend to a couple of friends in school, one of them challenged me to kiss her in front of them and it was really awkward for me to even hear such proposition. if i really did it (which i totally didn't) i imagine i would be just as awkward as them.

it's not the act that makes it awkward but the fact that i was gonna do it just for someone else to see. i'm not saying that this is the case for ishiyoshi. this is just another possibility.

Offline Atreyuxex

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #1210 on: June 16, 2012, 10:06:30 PM »

when i introduced my girlfriend to a couple of friends in school, one of them challenged me to kiss her in front of them and it was really awkward for me to even hear such proposition. if i really did it (which i totally didn't) i imagine i would be just as awkward as them.

it's not the act that makes it awkward but the fact that i was gonna do it just for someone else to see. i'm not saying that this is the case for ishiyoshi. this is just another possibility.

:w00t: Tru,you play on team* not-so-striaght ?* ( if you couldn't tell , I play on the team too =P ) 

No, I know it doesn't say nada about their relationship. I was just saying that, they it seemed more mechanical =o, ya know. Like maybe it wasn't so fun being IshiYoshi. It could have been an off day, who knows. Just as you said, there are many possibilities.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:22:13 AM by Atreyuxex »

Offline Dswizzle10

• I'm short+I look younger= I eat cheaper XD
« Reply #1211 on: June 24, 2012, 05:13:18 AM »
Yo. :peace: I came to put my opinion in as well for once instead of lurking.  :sweatdrop:

I think that's very true. Just the thought of an act of public affection like that makes me cringe. Around the 2:50 mark of Top Secret (you know, the famous scene), if you watch Yossy's arm, it looks stiff. On top of that, her hand is more or less hovering above Rika's chest. I think it's more of a 'touching you in this is way in front of a camera is weird' situation. However...

I think it's plain to see that they're both enjoying it underneath the awkwardness.

Offline Atreyuxex

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #1212 on: June 24, 2012, 09:48:28 AM »
PDA haterz! LoL

And tru, I'm sorry if I offened you about the * not so straight thing* I didn't mean to.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1213 on: June 25, 2012, 05:17:46 AM »
Welcome Welcome Atreyuxex and Dswizzle10, delurking is the best thing that will ever happen to you :yep: :jphip:

GREAT DISCUSSIONS!!! Thank you ladies, open up my eyes, I always learn new things at jphip. can't imagine the awkwardness with your friends tru, maybe that is why IshiYoshi get embarassed when they are asked about marriage on TV shows and magazines.

But I can't speak from a lesbian point of view lol, but for a straight guy seeing girl on girl is one of the biggest fantasies ever but there's only so much when it's not really authentic. holding hands Pssssh or pretending to kiss, come on - we are the over exposed, over sexed generation thanks to internet and cable TV.
The biggest attraction is the behind the scenes (like you see in the concerts and making of PVs) or on TV shows where they interrupt each other, look at each other while the other speaks and even performing on stage - you can't script that shit.

Even if it was a marketing scheme, or just capitalizing on their chemistry - Up Front wants to bring in legions of males like me with H&A and ABCHO, well I think it backfired because there are more female fans than EVER! at CHUUUUUCH of CHARMY XD And I LOVE IT. We from all different molds coming together for THE ISHIYOSHI LOVE!!

I woulda replied more earlier but Rika has been so busy lol with ABCHO and stuff. BUT there's a new show with IshiYoshi:

07/07(土) 19:00~20:54 テレビ東京系「土曜スペシャル『極旅3 達人と行くガイドに載らない(秘)ツアー』」

via http://takituu.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

and Kei-chan has been taking pictures again!

06/24(日) 18:00~18:30 テレビ東京系「ドライブ A GO!GO!」

GOTCHA!! :heart:

Offline Dswizzle10

« Reply #1214 on: June 25, 2012, 06:26:19 AM »
*glances at pictures and turns away*.... *Double take*

Those leggings/socks/tights.... whatever (<---Not clothing wise, this one is XD) are... awesome. But Rika's outfit makes me remember the her graduation special:

Kei: Recently, you said you gained more skill in your fashion. Is that true?
Rika: I did say that, but....
Yossy: Yeah, she got skilled, but do you know how?
Kei: No, I don't.
Yossy: *Makes a vertical line with finger* By just buying the complete set from a mannequin.
*Everyone laughs*

Ahhhhhh. The teasing. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy with Ishiyoshi love...or maybe... a skin rash. Eh. *shrugs shoulders*

Offline Atreyuxex

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #1215 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:45 AM »
Welcome Welcome Atreyuxex and Dswizzle10, delurking is the best thing that will ever happen to you :yep: :jphip:

GREAT DISCUSSIONS!!! Thank you ladies, open up my eyes, I always learn new things at jphip. can't imagine the awkwardness with your friends tru, maybe that is why IshiYoshi get embarassed when they are asked about marriage on TV shows and magazines.

But I can't speak from a lesbian point of view lol, but for a straight guy seeing girl on girl is one of the biggest fantasies ever but there's only so much when it's not really authentic. holding hands Pssssh or pretending to kiss, come on - we are the over exposed, over sexed generation thanks to internet and cable TV.
The biggest attraction is the behind the scenes (like you see in the concerts and making of PVs) or on TV shows where they interrupt each other, look at each other while the other speaks and even performing on stage - you can't script that shit.

Even if it was a marketing scheme, or just capitalizing on their chemistry - Up Front wants to bring in legions of males like me with H&A and ABCHO, well I think it backfired because there are more female fans than EVER! at CHUUUUUCH of CHARMY XD And I LOVE IT. We from all different molds coming together for THE ISHIYOSHI LOVE!!

I woulda replied more earlier but Rika has been so busy lol with ABCHO and stuff. BUT there's a new show with IshiYoshi:

07/07(土) 19:00~20:54 テレビ東京系「土曜スペシャル『極旅3 達人と行くガイドに載らない(秘)ツアー』」

via http://takituu.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

and Kei-chan has been taking pictures again!

06/24(日) 18:00~18:30 テレビ東京系「ドライブ A GO!GO!」

GOTCHA!! :heart:

@daigong, thank you for the welcome  :) .* wonders if HE's being included as one of the ladies* =P . You know, I don't mean to go off topic, but Rika is one of the reasons that I am questioning myself  ( well , Makoto and Ayaka too) . There is just something about them that's makes me go  :twisted: :inlove:.

Daigong,  As for  Up Front , those people are genius! If they can get a guy like me start likeing chicas, that is some potent and addicting marketing right thur =P .

Although I'm a huge YoMako fan, I will forever love IshiYoshi  :heart:

For some reason I have the urge to push that guy in the pic with Yossi and Rika >=P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:19:51 AM by Atreyuxex »

Offline Dswizzle10

« Reply #1216 on: June 27, 2012, 12:01:51 AM »
*Looks at Atreyuxex's comment*  :rofl: I'll push him over the edge if you cover his eyes.  :twisted:

Anywho~ Came across this on the ABCHO thread:

rehearsal :wub:

working hard! SEXY dress. what is that a coat Charmy is wearing?

BUT YOSSY! same hoodie #ISHIYOSHI4LIFE

It may not be intended this way, but it reminds me of how some girl's steal their boyfriend's jacket/shirt/etc and take a picture of themselves in it. Regardless if it's actually the one Yossy was wearing or not, it's still sweet Rika got a matching one.   :luvluv2:

Offline Atreyuxex

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #1217 on: June 27, 2012, 02:57:17 AM »
*Looks at Atreyuxex's comment*  :rofl: I'll push him over the edge if you cover his eyes.  :twisted:

Anywho~ Came across this on the ABCHO thread:

rehearsal :wub:

working hard! SEXY dress. what is that a coat Charmy is wearing?

BUT YOSSY! same hoodie #ISHIYOSHI4LIFE

It may not be intended this way, but it reminds me of how some girl's steal their boyfriend's jacket/shirt/etc and take a picture of themselves in it. Regardless if it's actually the one Yossy was wearing or not, it's still sweet Rika got a matching one.   :luvluv2:

@Dswizzle10 I would cover his ojos in a heartbeat!  :twisted:  *covers the lil dudes eyes and waits for Dswizzle10 to do the dirty work *  :twisted: :grin:

I didn't notice the matching jackets. I wonder if they do that in private, like take pics of themselfs wearing eachothers clothes LOL

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #1218 on: June 27, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »
^^ great find! matching things or sharing things make me go gaga when it's IshiYoshi!

@Atreyuxex: lol I wasn't offended by anything. I just had nothing to add to the convo at the time. Sorry for mixed signals. I PLAY FOR THE LOVE TEAM!!!

Offline shainingj

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ IshiYoshi ~ No doubt about their friendship
« Reply #1219 on: June 27, 2012, 04:23:15 PM »
aaah.. the miracle pair look!  :heart:
sometimes i doubt if its really true that its a coincidence!
but i guess its really faith, or its just pure IshiYoshi love power.  :P

my heart jump the moment i saw this!   :deco: maybe its just me!!! :grin:

yossy, why on earth you're pushing rika-chan on the edge of her seat!!!  :shakeit:

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - See U Later