JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia feat DCT - I Miss You

Author Topic: [Majisuka] Filling in the Gaps (one-shot)  (Read 6778 times)

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
[Majisuka] Filling in the Gaps (one-shot)
« on: August 23, 2011, 04:27:34 AM »
Hi. (Please don't kill me, former readers.)

First some backstory before the story.  :nervous

I used to write fanfics. A lot. I was a fanfic machine. (see: all 40268463504 of my abandonded threads in the H!P fanfics section). But then I got writers block. And it wouldn't end. So I mentally retired from fanfiction.

The stories would still come to me, but I wouldn't write them out, except in my head.

Well, today I was dragged out of retirement to write out a one-shot that is my explanation to fill in some weirdass gaps that bothered me in the Majisuka 2 storyline.

So... here it is. I haven't written in like 3-4 years, so it's rather crap. But I think I got my ideas out somewhat.
Also, I tend to try to eliminate all the Japanese from my fics (because they're not OMGAH KAWAII! but I had to leave "senpai" in because it just sounds weird in English) Oh and credit for translations of some lines from the show goes to the subbers at AKB-48.com

Anyway, enjoy, comment and please be gentle.

two days after graduation...

"Maeda."

Maeda Atsuko glanced up from her nursing book and turned her head towards the bed.

"Ah, Yuko-san. Good morning," Maeda said, bowing her head slightly before placing her well worn book on the table. "Did you sleep well?"

"Not really," Yuko complained, scrunching her face up. "I dreamt that I was in a fight, but every time I hit anyone, feathers would just come flying out. It was really weird..." Yuko trailed off and stared out the window in silence.

"I need you to promise me something," Yuko finally said.

"Yes?" Maeda replied, walking over to stand beside Yuko's bed.

"I want you to forgive her."

"Huh? Forgive who?" Maeda asked.

"Just promise me," Yuko said, grabbing Maeda's arm and staring up at her.

"But I don't understand - "

"C'mon, I'm dying here!" Yuko's laugh was a little too loud. "Just promise me!" Maeda smiled weakly and nodded her head.

"I promise."

----------------

a few days later...

Maeda walked down the hall towards Yuko's room. She turned the corner just in time to see Sado punch the wall outside.

"Sado!" Maeda ran over. "Is Yuko-san - " Sado grimaced and shook her head.

"It's not that. It's that," Sado jerked her head over her shoulder towards Yuko's room. The door was slightly ajar and the sound of laughter floated out into the hallway. Maeda peered into the room for a moment. Yuko was sitting up in bed looking more animated than she had in days. A well-dressed woman with a long ponytail was sitting beside the bed with her back to the door.

"Who's that woman?" she asked.

"Yuko-san's beloved 'senpai'," Sado snorted, rolling her eyes.

"Senpai?" Maeda repeated. "A former president of Rapappa?"

"Hell no. I'd beat the shit out of her if she was a Majijo girl," Sado shook her head. "She's a damn snitch, is what she is."

"What do you mean?"

"Yuko-san started at Majijo as a freshman because we were the strongest school, but before that, she was vice president at the high school in her hometown," Sado explained.

"Wait. I thought she started at Majijo as a - "

"Freshman, right. She was in middle school back then." Sado glared over at the door. "That snitch was the president. Ran the whole operation. Recognized Yuko-san as a threat and placed her as second in command."

"So - "

"But then she graduated. And joined the fucking cops." Sado shook her head in disgust. "And if that weren't bad enough, she started running around turning in other yankees. Fucking snitch traitor."

"Sado... you really don't like her, huh?" Maeda laughed weakly.

"For Yuko-san's sake, I tolerate her," Sado replied stonily. "But only for Yuko-san's sake."

"HEY!!! SADO!!!" Yuko suddenly bellowed from her room. "I'M FUCKING THIRSTY." Someone murmured from inside the room. "FUCK NO," Yuko exclaimed, apparently in response to the soft voice. "You finally got off your ass to visit me. Sado can get off her ass to get me a damn drink."

Maeda looked over at Sado's stressed facial expression and patted her former rival on the arm before walking into Yuko's room.

"Is there something you need, Yuko-san?" Maeda asked. Yuko's senpai jumped slightly.

"Maeda! Yeah, get me a drink or something. I'm dying of thirst." Yuko started laughing and poked her visitor in the arm. "Get it? Dying? Because I'm... meh, you're no fun."

Maeda bowed slightly and walked out to get some water.

When she returned a few minutes later, she found Sado alone in Yuko's room.

"What happened?" she asked, putting the water down on the table.

"The snitch basically ran out of here as soon as you left," Sado sighed. "Yuko-san was really pissed and made me basically chase her down. Yuko-san asked me to have you meet her on the roof."

Confused, Maeda nodded and walked out of the room.

As she stepped out onto the roof, she could see Yuko talking angrily from her wheelchair. Yuko's senpai was leaning against the guard rail, looking out over the town. Yuko glanced at Maeda for a split second before continuing her rant.

"C'mon! I didn't even care when you started ratting out other yankees!" Yuko exclaimed before pausing a moment. "Although... I do wonder how the hell you got promoted after that fiasco."

Yuko's senpai just wordlessly shook her head.

"I mean, seriously," Yuko continued. "You were their top undercover girl! Going into the schools, tracking down the bad eggs, reporting back on whether they were doing anything illegal... you were the best. Kind of a snitch, but still the best fucking snitch."

Yuko's senpai replied so quietly that Maeda couldn't hear.

"Ah, right, right," Yuko conceeded. "You only turned in those that didn't live up to your 'Yankee Code'... But, you go in for a job, basically fall in love with your target - "

"HEY!" Yuko's senpai protested loudly.

"Right right right. You claim you don't swing that way," Yuko rolled her eyes. "Whatever it was, though, you practically got your ass killed trying to protect her! And then you get promoted?! How does that even work?! Did you sleep with your boss or something??" Yuko's senpai buried her face in her hands and shook her head.

"...um...Yuko-san?" Maeda finally spoke up tentatively. Yuko's senpai jerked upright and turned her head slightly towards Yuko.

"Yuko. What did you do?" the woman said in a low, even tone. Yuko grinned and wheeled herself towards Maeda and away from the guard rail.

"Maeda! I think you need to meet my friend here!" Yuko exclaimed.

"Don't," the low voice snapped back.

"Remember. You promised," Yuko said softly to Maeda before wheeling herself back inside.

Maeda stood there, confused. The woman sighed and leaned her chin against the rail.

"...what was that about?" Maeda said finally.

"Nothing."

Maeda hesitated for a moment before walking towards the woman.

"Um... But Yuko-san said - "

"It's just the ramblings of very sick girl," the woman replied without moving. Maeda froze for a second. Something was...

"But..." Maeda trailed off and stood a few feet from the woman, uncertain if she wanted to come closer or not.

"Fuck! Either leave already or come over here and get this shit over with! Just stop being so Goddamn hesitant!" the woman finally yelled.

Maeda stared at the woman's back in horror for a moment before stalking over and whirling the woman around to face her.

The woman stared at the ground, refusing to meet Maeda's eyes.

"Look at me," Maeda said, her voice shaking. The woman shook her head like a stubborn child. "DAMMIT, MINAMI," Maeda snapped. "LOOK AT ME!!"

The woman finally raised her eyes up and looked at Maeda straight on. Maeda instinctively took a step back and shook her head.

"No.. You... but, you..." Maeda's eyes filled with tears and she shook her head again, staring down at her shoes.

"...I'm so, so sorry," Minami whispered. Maeda snapped her head up and glared at Minami.

"You're sorry? You're SORRY?!" Maeda exclaimed. "Do you have ANY idea what I went through?!"

"Please understand! I didn't know they told you that! I was unconscious and - !"

"And what?!" Maeda interrupted Minami's protests. "What about after you woke up?!"

"...I.." Minami trailed off.

"You didn't want to mess up your new promotion, right?" Maeda snapped.

"What?! No! I never cared about any of that! I was just trying - "

"'It's a shame to be born into this world and not live seriously'?! What the hell was that?! What the hell were you doing, trying to get me to stop fighting?! Didn't that fuck up your little sting operation?"

"No! I didn't care about that anymore!" Minami cried. She paused and looked away. "I was trying to protect you."

Maeda shook her head and spun around to leave.

"Atsuko! Wait!" Minami called. Maeda stormed back over and punched Minami across the face.

"Fuck off," she spat before stalking off the roof.

---------------

several months later...

Minami walked down the street with her partner and sighed. This damn schoolgirl justice bullshit case was such a pain in the ass. Who gave a shit if someone was beating up thugs?! It served them right...

Her thoughts froze as a familiar figure walked by. Instinctively, she turned and followed the other girl with her eyes.

"It couldn't be..." she said softly.

"What?" her partner asked.

"Nothing," she replied. "I forgot something. Go ahead." He shrugged and continued towards the station. "Idiot," she muttered before taking off down the street.

She reached the other girl and grabbed her by the arm, pulling her into a nearby alley.

"Hey! What are..." Maeda shook off Minami's hand. "Oh."

The two stared at each other for a few moments without moving until Maeda broke her gaze and looked away.

"It's you, isn't it?" Minami finally said softly. Maeda looked her dead in the eye.

"Yes," she said simply.

"Fuck." Minami punched the brick wall beside them. "Why?"

"I promised Yuko-san something," Maeda replied cryptically, her hand clutching something in her pocket.

"Yuko?! Yuko wanted you to clean up the town?!" Minami laughed. "Either she was confused or you are."

"Actually, I promised her two things," Maeda replied soberly. "I still can't do the first somehow. So, I'm doing this one with all of my power."

"...what was the first one?"

"To forgive you."

"Atsuko..." Minami said quietly.

"Please don't call me that," Maeda whispered.

"I never meant to - "

"Are you going to arrest me?" Maeda interupted.

"W-what?" Minami sputtered. Maeda put her arms out in front of her with her wrists facing upwards.

"Are you going to arrest me?" Maeda repeated. "Detective?"

Minami stared at her for a moment before wordlessly shaking her head. She brushed past Maeda and walked back out onto the street.

---------------

a few days later...

Minami watched as Maeda walked out of the abandoned building towards the police car. Her partner walked up to the girl.

"You're Maeda Atsuko, correct?" he said.

"Yes," Maeda replied simply. Minami closed her eyes so she could only hear the clicking of the handcuffs locking into place. She opened her eyes and looked at Maeda walking towards her. Maeda stopped in front of her and slowly raised her eyes. Minami glanced at the large group of girls... and one guy? gathered at the door. She smiled softly.

"You've got some good friends," Minami said quietly. Maeda looked deep into Minami's eyes and smiled.

"Yes," she replied, nodding at Minami. Despite herself, Minami broke into a smile briefly before composing herself and opening the cruiser door.

They sat in silence for a few moments as the car pulled away. Minami glanced out the window. She had so many things she wanted to say, but with her partner up there...

"Do you regret anything?" Minami asked finally.

"'It would be a shame to be born into this world and then not live seriously'," Maeda quoted. Minami allowed herself a small smile before glancing up and catching her partner's eye in the mirror.

They rode in silence until Minami realized she could hear something, faintly, through the sound of the siren.

"You can't hear your friends' voices, can you?" she asked, still staring ahead under the gaze of her partner's eyes in the rear-view mirror.

Maeda froze for a moment and then smiled.

"Did you keep your promise?" Minami asked quietly while her partner was distracted with talking to the cop driving.

"Yes," Maeda replied. She reached over under the guise of scratching her leg and briefly touched Minami's hand lying between them. "Both of them."

Minami grinned for a split second before clearing her throat.

"We're almost to the station, Maeda," she said a bit loudly. Maeda smiled.

"You can call me Atsuko, Detective."

[END]

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:33:57 AM by almond »

Offline Vanui

• Member+
  • *giggle*
Re: [Majisuka] Filling in the Gaps (one-shot)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 04:43:26 AM »
Hmm, a very interesting take on the true identity of the detective, and the role she plays with Acchan and Yuko. You pulled it off quite well.

For someone who hasn't written in a long time, I must say that that was pretty good. If you want to continue to write again, I encourage you to do so. You write well.

Great job~ :on GJ:
ねぇ、怒ってる?

Offline Arakawa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »
Wow ok probably the most well-written one shot / majisuka piece I've read in a while o:

You should take up writing again haha /o/

Offline carolol

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:03:56 PM »
Again I say, my first response after reading this fic was..... AND THEN WHAT HAPPENED??!!

Offline blughise

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • AtsuMina FOREVER
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »
welcome back....I guess.. XD

this is really well written, everything comes together. I feel like I finally got  a better ending for MajiGaku 2 :D

Please continue to write :)

I'll be looking forward to your next fanfic

Offline BlackRockAnon

• Gekikara's underling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Procrastination
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 03:04:56 PM »
THIS is exactly what was missing in season 2 to make that sequel understandable. Excellent job!

I agree with Carolol. WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?  :lol:

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 05:42:48 PM »
Yup, that's how MJGK2 went. I mean, when TakaDeka first appeared I was all 'omg Minami faked her own death?' lol

As a come back fic even if i didn't read your other ones I feel like it's a good start, you didn't ramble on with details and the scenes you added worked well with the storyline of MJGK.

coughMake a sequal to thiscough
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:18:27 PM by Kid_Alpha »

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 06:51:20 PM »
Acchan and Takadeka ow nice!

Offline Fightingfireful

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 12:11:25 AM »
 :D I just love Majisuka Gakuen stories!!!

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia feat DCT - I Miss You