JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - Aikyou Warai

Author Topic: (Group) KARA (카라)  (Read 737548 times)

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
Re: KARA General Discussion Thread
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2009, 05:52:56 AM »
@Rayle: True, but it still means she's smarter than one would first think... I mean first in anything academic isn't what screams at you when watching 'Level with me' (which I already miss :cry: )... Should learn not to judge a book by its...erm... Korean skills?  :P

@KT: Really? *runs to check out Rock U again after repressing the horrible memories of leader's hair!* Oh I can kinda see, I think Mako looks like a doll and Jiyoung as the same thing, the eyes maybe? But dang that girl is a cutie pie!
* lollipopgirl pinches maknae's cheeks :heart:

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »

:jphip:

KARA IS LUV  :cow:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2009, 02:16:50 AM »
Lol, first in middle school doesn't mean anything except work ethic, ESPECIALLY in America.

Speaking of middle school in America

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/nicoles_childhood_photo_revealed/
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2009, 02:35:14 AM »
Oh I've seen that pic before, she's such a cutie, look at that smile always the same :heart:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2009, 08:00:32 AM »
OH MY FREAKIN' GAH!
New show coming at ya on Mnet called 'Crown Bakery' It's the 2nd season of Wonder Bakery (WHICH I LOVED :heart: ) w/ KARA!!! :wub: WOOOOHOOO~ :shakeit:
I hope sweetmelodix is as fast at subbing at as Wondersubbers were, and I think they will be coz they are usually pretty quick!
I loved watching Wonder Bakery every week, there was something special about it and totally got me in the mood for Christmas. KARA has a similar dynamic between them as WG so I think it will be just as awesome.

OMG I am so excited :bounce:

Waaaah brings back so many memories of this time last year with Factory Girl & Wonder Bakery every week, my start of SNSD love & huge increase of WG love... I hope my love for KARA will get the same growth with this :heart:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2009, 06:45:23 AM »
I was gonna edit and add to the above post, but I'll give these angels their own post and bump them a little. Gosh they really do look like angels in the white, especially Nicole & Hara (I'm not bias at all :P). These are from Crown Bakery :heart:

Credits to karaholic.com

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2009, 04:48:45 PM »
^ I can't wait  :tama-mad:
thanks for the info, you're pimping doesn't go unnoticed, girl  :D

Those photos, egad, the anticipation is eating away at me! Can't wait to see the girls getting messy in the kitchen :drool: I'd eat that. I wonder they'll put freshly baked bread out of the oven on Nicole's arse to keep it warm because we all know that you won't feel the heat of something if you're hotter than it :yep:

Every time I listen to "If U Wanna" I sigh and feel so sad. It really is a good song. It's a shame I hadn't touched upon K-pop until after the new kara came into being. shows just how much power the classic kara has to move me  :heart:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »
I also heard they might be doing a second season of Hello Baby too? Although I think that's a rumor.

I'm kinda the same as Deft. When I look back and see Break It, I kind of think they were making it for me. The clothes, the song, plus Sung Hee was incredible. :drool: It's too bad I was just obsessed with DL Korean variety shows and Movies back then and hadn't branched into music yet. :sweatdrop:

One thing I love about new Kara is how much they've improved on variety shows and stuff now, I remember watching a couple last year and the beginning of this where they seemed really shy and barely talked.  But now since Nicole did SGB she's gotten so much more outgoing and Hara is becoming kind of crazy (in a good way) too. Seems they've all found their own characters and fit the right niche to make a group that compliments each other really well. :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 10:34:59 PM by zoolander »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2009, 11:06:23 PM »
Yeah, Kara, of the big k-girl groups, has been the one most similar to j-girl groups. Not only musically (OMFG Honey is an amazing piece of bubblegum and the If U Wanna PV is so very H!P), but they've really followed that "underdog developing into a sentimental favorite" idol path that the other groups haven't.

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2009, 02:35:53 AM »
I also heard they might be doing a second season of Hello Baby too? Although I think that's a rumor.

I'm kinda the same as Deft. When I look back and see Break It, I kind of think they were making it for me. The clothes, the song, plus Sung Hee was incredible. :drool: It's too bad I was just obsessed with DL Korean variety shows and Movies back then and hadn't branched into music yet. :sweatdrop:

One thing I love about new Kara is how much they've improved on variety shows and stuff now, I remember watching a couple last year and the beginning of this where they seemed really shy and barely talked.  But now since Nicole did SGB she's gotten so much more outgoing and Hara is becoming kind of crazy (in a good way) too. Seems they've all found their own characters and fit the right niche to make a group that compliments each other really well. :)
Can't agree with you more! Every knows how much I love KARA I, & KARA II had to grow on me (musically) & how much I love my SungHee :heart: But I think everyone (except one) has much love for KARA I. Just epic music that I never get sick of + the girls singing a song written by Big Bang, whats not to love? :wub:
KARA II are all cute and sweet together so I like their group dynamic too, even if it means Gyuri is a lot straighter without her SungHee to flirt with XD

As for the Hello Baby rumour, yeah I saw that too, I can't really remember it now. I think it was meant to be KARA & 2pm which would be really interesting but I haven't heard anything since then so we'll see :D

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2009, 11:56:39 PM »
I've found myself rather obsessed by Kara in the past couple of days...I've had some fo their stuff on my computer for months so why the hell have I only just discovered how awesome they are? Honey and Wanna are early favourites...you know just to be original?  8)

Gyuri is already my firm favourite but Hara is pretty epic too; though I refuse ot believe that she is 18.  :shocked

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2009, 09:15:35 AM »
It took me a minute to realize it but Gyuri looks a lot like Maria Ozawa in the break it video.

Kara - Break it MV

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2009, 12:14:18 PM »
From karaholic (as always) "First episode of Mnet Kara Bakery will be on the 25th at 6pm" :otomerika: Next week :D I liked the first season being on Sunday but whatever, its not like I watch at that time anyway XD

For anyone who hasn't seen the first season with Wonder Girls & doesn't know what its about check out Wonder Subbers youtube & look for 'Wonder Bakery' (can't post it here, sorry :( ). I think I'll rewatch it before KARA's to get in the mood :heart:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 12:18:03 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2009, 01:28:04 AM »
Wonder Bakery was awesome, I hope Nicole can get in on some of Kara Bakery eps.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2009, 04:44:59 AM »
[ENG] 091027 KSJ ep4 "Gyuri's first kiss is Kang Hodong" [5/5]
 :monster:
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
WHY DO WE NOT HAVE A PEDOBEAR SMILEY!?

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2009, 05:14:51 AM »
Check out who got a Kara cd!

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2009, 05:39:30 AM »
^^ We definitely need one added that's fo' sho'. I love Gyuri's voice more every time I hear it.  :wub: Grown up Gyuri that is...

Check out who got a Kara cd!
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5136/43574617.jpg

That's epic!  :w00t:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2009, 06:08:24 AM »
Dang beaten again XD

I squealed when I saw that :heart: I love when my two worlds collide :D

EDIT: OMFG So that pic of Mari is from her blog which means YAY for exposure in Japan as little as it is :D I don't know if they've given up on their plans for debuting in Japan at some point but hell Mari can take them under her wing if they do :D

Credits to thebuddybud@karaholic
Yaguchi Mari has said that she received Kara's CD as a gift from famous Japanese comedian, Gekidan Hitori, and has gone on to explain, "Korean idol Kara... (Gekidan Hitori) currently seems to be obsessed with them...", and continued "I received a favor asking me to post a message about Kara on my blog" and posted these playful comments.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:23:31 AM by lollipopgirl »

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2009, 02:29:27 AM »
To buy or not to buy?

Kara's 7 special gifts!

1. 2010 Calendar [Table-top use]
- Each month filled with picture of the members of Kara, information about the group also included
(Kara's debut work/Kara members birthday/First broadcast and etc.)

2. 2 sheets of Kara's icon stickers (Accessories used for the calendar, diary)
-Comprised of various expressions made by the members depending on their mood

3. 2010' Diary (208p)
-Practical diary which is covered in Kara's signature color, peach.

4. 6 postcards- 1 with all members, and 1 individual card for each member
-Can be used as an actual postcard/Can be put on the diary as the front picture

5. Christmas card, envelopes (2 each)

6. New years card, envelopes (2 each)

7. DVD (1 DISC) Est. 30 min.
-The never before seen making of Kara's Guam photoshoot.
[DVD Information]
1. DVD Code: All
2. Latest footage from Guam/Making of the video/Never before seen footage

translations credits: thebuddybud@karaholic.

Its really not THAT expensive considering everything that comes with it...hmm~

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2009, 03:17:59 AM »
^ I'm damn tempted myself...I don't actually have any money at the moment though so I just hope this stays in stock until Christmas... :(

Also: http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/karas_album_and_comeback_delayed/

All is lost! As if being deprived of Kara's butt dance wasn't enough torture, now we won't be seeing them around until 2010 unlike previously reported.

Due to the Kara members' solo activities and tons of CF deals recently, the members were not able to come together to prepare for their album.

Kara states, "We have no time to prepare for our new album!"

But I lied a little, all is not lost. I mean, where's the DSP love? With new girl group Rainbow on the prowl, at least we aren't totally deprived, right?

:cry:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - Aikyou Warai