JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EvoL - Let Me Explode

Author Topic: The Morning Musume 12th Generation Thread  (Read 27989 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
The Morning Musume 12th Generation Thread
« on: March 15, 2014, 07:29:07 AM »
モーニング娘。'14 ゴールデンオーディション開催 !!

Just announced in the Evolution tour, which just started today. Tsunku's version of What is Love started playing, and a letter from him appeared since he's obviously not going to show up in person, bless him and his trollish soul.

New audition is titled "Golden Audition", applications open for girls aged 10~17 (the usual range XD).

Will update with more details when it shows up.

EDIT: Annnnnd here we go:

http://www.helloproject.com/news/1403151700_news_musume.html
http://www.musume-audition.com/pc/

To summarize the news page, what they're looking for this time:
- Someone who likes singing and believes in the future
- Someone who might not be super confident in themselves but wants to test their own limits anyway

Usual age range 10-17 girls who aren't attached (I find it interesting they added this clause, they never had to mention it before :lol: )
Application period: March 15th - May 11th

Tsunku's letter highlights:
- The girls who pass the auditions will be revealed in the fall events, and will undergo intense lessons before formally debuting in 2015
- In the event that no one passes, they get offered a chance to join the Kenshuusei for free (no need to pay lesson fees!) and will be seriously considered for future auditions or new groups emerging from the Kenshuusei.
- Direct quote: "As the current members have a very high skill level, so the baseline for joining has now been raised even higher, but I believe that there is still talent with the potential to shock me out there, undiscovered."
- Another quote: "Trust in our judgement, and challenge yourselves at this audition!"

My thoughts: I have a feeling that someone from the current KSS has been eyeballed for current MM. Interesting how they're basically absorbing more people into the KSS and saving the talent for themselves at a later point instead of letting AKB scoop up all their leftover finalists Anyway, I'm excited for this! :D Can't wait to see what happens!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:16:59 AM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Morning Musume '14 Golden Audition
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 04:32:20 PM »
Amazeballs. I actually have high expectations for the finalists who tried for 12th generation before :3 Kind of the opposite of Lucky 7 (which is also when nobody was chosen). I really wonder what the management was smoking back then because it wasn't good. The past few years, such excellent choices and I have high hopes for this Golden Audition, too :D
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 05:39:59 PM »
Let's get these out of the way...

OMG THIS IS TOO SOON I'LL NEVER GET USED TO THIS CHANGE

OMG AUDITION AGE IS TOO YOUNG ARE THEY GONNA RECRUIT BABIES NEXT

OMG SOMEONE'S GONNA GRADUATE RIP IN PEACE MOMUSU 1997-2001-2009-2014

RIKAKO / CUCA / MOGI / LUPITA NYONGO BETTER WIN OR I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM 5EVER (AND I MEAN IT THIS TIME)

Actually I do have to admit that I still wish the age range was pushed a few years higher, because seeing the lower end that low still makes me a bit uncomfortable. Then again, it's also a moot complaint when looking at how great all the recent audition winners have turned out, so once again I'll just wait and see.

The question now is: will I actually be able to keep up with final round footage before the results are announced this time? :lol:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »
^ :lol: @ Lupita & perfection "RIP IN PEACE"

I remember with 9ki and such I whinged about low audition age requirement because that was when MM was performing really mature songs. Of course I was too dumb to realize that maybe with a younger bunch of new members they could simply change their image instead of having lil kids doing Kimagure Princess or singing lyrics like Shouganai Yume Oibito. I'd still like the lowest age possible to be 12 at least, but it's not like a 10-year-old ever passed the audition anyway (so far), so whatever I'll just live with it :lol:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 06:56:54 PM »
Recently I've begun to think that the last few Momusu auditions are actually like stealth Kenshuusei auditions.

And about the low end of the age range in the auditions, like Shi said, they've never actually picked anyone that young to make it into the group.
Though when it comes to new Kenshuusei members, the younger the better, right?
I know I'd be pretty happy if a bunch of the current Kenshuusei members were in the finals. (namely Murota Mizuki and pretty much all the previous 12th gen finalists)
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 08:34:18 PM »
Estrea's summary covers it all, but here's a full translation of Tsunku's comments in case anyone wants to see

http://blog-project.net/special-translations/190268
rina ♥ mini

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 07:38:05 AM »

Quote from: randompasserby from JPLOP
Member's comments about the audition from Haro sute (26:30~)

Sayu : 『Okay Ikuta you've been edging forward for a while, what is it?』
Ikuta : 『Well since it's a "golden" audition maybe some kouhai who'd be in the center would join and as you can see when we're lined up like this I'm always standing at the very edge w. I don't want to lose to my kouhais either so I'll always work hard to get closer to the center position and as Morning Musume '14 I'll do my best to get on more golden (timeslot) shows as well!』
[audience cheers]
Iikubo : 『Oh that's good!』
Ikuta : 『Yay!』
Sayu : 『That was well put. You were relieved (by the fans' reaction), right?』
Ikuta : 『Yes, somehow!』
Sayu : 『Then, how about you Kudo?』
Kudo : 『This audition was for girls from 14-17 years old, is it?』
Iikubo : 『From age 10 actually.』
Kudo : 『 :butbut: 』
Sayu : 『How old are you again now Kudo?』
Kudo : 『I'm 14 years old right now. I was born in 1999 so anyone younger than me would have to be born after 2000』
Sayu : 『Oh that's right!』
Kudo : 『I wonder if I'll lose opportunities to talk as the youngest... I was asked about a lot of things in (interviews/shows) as the youngest so I can't help but wonder. But putting that aside I'm still looking forward to have girls younger than me to join.』
Sayu : 『That's good, be positive. Now what about you Maachan? You've been yelling "No! No!" from the start, how do you feel about this?』
Maa : 『You see, I've been telling myself "I'll pass Sayashi-san!" for a while but even now I still haven't reached that point yet. So if this "golden" girl joins now...uhm... maybe she'll take the center position just as Ikuta-san said. That'll be bothersome for me (lol).』
Ikuta : 『What are you talking about? You're already standing near the center!』
Maa : 『It's not really about that (the literal center)』
[audience cheers lol]
Maa : 『But it'll be nice if I can be friends with her, even closer than I am now with Sakura-chan』
Sayu : 『Eehh why?』
Sakura : 『What, exactly, do you mean?』
Maa : 『I mean, but I'm already friends with Sakura-chan!』
Sayu : 『Ah yeah..recently you two have always been together like a set.』
Maa : 『Yep. Duu~ bye bye!』
[loooool]
Kudo : 『You know, I've been staying quiet over here and playing along. ("Why do you have to drag me into this?" implied)』
Sayu : 『So Satou is the type to go over to the newer girls quickly huh.. well do please get along with them. As rivals and as friends, we will be waiting for girls aged 10-17 to join us. Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu』

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 10:01:37 PM »
10歳~17歳までの独身女性なら国籍問わずどなたでも応募が出来ます。

--> "regardless of nationality"

They mentioned expanding their activities in the west recently, right?

We might get a halfie with some western roots this time! It worked for Mini-Moni and Cononuts Musume...

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 10:44:23 PM »
I don't care if they get a martian member as long as they don't get shafted like Junjun and Linlin.  :(

Still, exciting stuff! Can't wait to see what kinds of new (and hopefully some familiar) faces pop up during the audition process.
rina ♥ mini

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 03:58:50 PM »
I haven't kept up with Momusu in a bit, but I'm trying to get back in.
It's really cool they are trying to expand their roots, but like Rina said, JunJun and LinLin kind of got the shaft. Granted, they were only there for like "training" or something (iirc), but still.

I know we already have 10 members, but I'm hoping they add like three more. Momusu was my fave when they were a giant group~

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 04:29:59 PM »
Aaahh, the application period hasn't even ended yet. I was hoping there'd be some news :lol: ...Shouldn't be so impatient, I don't think MM really NEEDS new members right now... It's just fun to speculate whositgonnabe

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 01:02:27 PM »

http://www.musume-audition.com/pc/news/

Quote from: H!O twitter
Round 2 of MM'14's 'Golden Audition' is over. Those moving on to round 3 will be notified.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 07:18:28 PM »
The audition has reached the final stage.

Quote from: Tsunku's twitter
モーニング娘。の最新のオーディションも大詰め。そんな中、ふと思ったのが、最近の中学生は運動部に属さない子が多くなっているような気がした。もしくは今時のアイドルを目指す子は運動部に属さないタイプが多くなったのか・・・初期モーニング娘。の頃はあまり感じなかった感想である。
https://twitter.com/tsunkuboy/status/503692099036778496

Quote from: Google translate
Morning musume Audition the latest also endgame. I feel Meanwhile, it is the thought suddenly, a child that does not belong to the sports department, such as have been many junior high school students recently did. Or ... early Morning Musume type Mezasuko does not belong to the movement part of the idle these days is whether increased. Is an impression that you did not feel much of the time.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »
^I'll give you a hand and translate properly :lol:

Translation:
We've finally reached the endgame for Morning Musume's latest audition. Among them, it occurred to me that most middle school girls these days don't seem to be involved in sports clubs. I wonder if it's because the type of girls who are aiming to become idols are no longer joining sports clubs these days.. during the early days of Morning Musume, I never had that sort of impression before.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 02:46:45 PM »
Quote from: H!O twitter
The Morning Musume Golden Audition was completed on August 24. All that's left is to announce the winner(s)
http://www.musume-audition.com/pc/news/

https://twitter.com/hello_online/status/506778431867338752

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 05:18:59 PM »
*takes a deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mon curtain:

I CANNAE WAIT :mon trannie:

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »
So...no audition footage??? Are they just gonna make an announcement and not show any finalist training camp, or save it for after like with the 11th gen audition?

Not too long ago there was a list of rumored finalists which included some Trainees (including Rikako) and some half-Japanese girls (including Rikako :P ), and I was really looking forward to seeing some actual confirmation on how accurate it was, but I guess we're gonna have to wait a while.

I gotta say, it would be pretty cool to see a halfie in Momusu, but I'm also worried about how well it would be received.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »
Ahhh yeah, I was totally looking forward to following an audition again (I haven't since like... Aika, oops)! BUT I'm still kind of excited for new members, I also CANNOT WAIT!!!!

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 08:53:57 PM »
inb4 no winners

Offline riOtkittin

• h!p fan since 2004
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »
I wanna see audition footage so I can be grumpy about Tsunkus decisions.

I'm sooooooo excited for the results! ARGH! Can't wait too see the new girl(s), or no girl. Oda needs some kohais so please add some girls. It would be nice with a 2 girl generation.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EvoL - Let Me Explode