JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Promise

Author Topic: [Discussion] Your nostalgic H!P songs, concerts etc.?  (Read 8482 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
[Discussion] Your nostalgic H!P songs, concerts etc.?
« on: February 03, 2006, 02:07:43 PM »
I think the nostalgic moments vary for all fans, since many of us became fans at a different time and saw different videos at first, heard different songs etc. What are the moments, songs etc. that give you a nostalgic feeling and why?

-------------------------

I watched Maki's graduation concert last night and that inspired me to make this topic. Even if I became a hardcore fan only some time before Roman My Dear Boy was released, most of the videos I saw at first were from the period when 5th gen was still "undeveloped". The first H!P concert I saw was Kei's graduation concert and such. So, I can't tell why, but to me that "5th gen n00b era" is the one that makes me remember why I got into MM. I don't think too much when I watch those concerts or tv shows, I just enjoy the show. So to me videos and performances from that era are important and bring nostalgia.

And then to me, I think Koi no Dance Site line-up will always be the best. Koi no Dance Site was the first MM PV I had and the only PV I had during a winter when I didn't have Internet :lol: So I watched that thousands of times. When I did get Internet, well, I saw Pinch Runner pretty early on and that also has the same member line-up in main roles. And then of course Sayaka's grad was the first H!P concert DVD I bought and it also has the same line-up. So yeah, I love that era, even if it lasted only for one MM single. Not that I dislike 4th gen or anything :lol:

Uh, I think there's other stuff, but my brother wants me to go play Mario Kart with him so I gtg. :D
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline type0-

• Member+
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 02:31:19 PM »
i dont remember anything like first song or pv i heard/watched. i do remember when i really got into hp was when the 2003 shuffles came out. listened to salt5 non stop for weeks.

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 03:43:10 PM »
I started my listens with Koi no Dance Site and Happy Summer Wedding thanks to an anime magazine in 2000. The music turned me crazy but I didn't even read the article about them on the same magazine. At that I didn't know that both songs would turn to be ones of my favourites.

My life continued and almost two years later, in 2002, I *don't remember where* I watched a Souda We're Alive live perf. That song didn't catch my attention as much as KNDS and HSW did, which are the songs more nostalgic to me, but Souda reminded me of those songs, and I felt like needing to look more about them, so I looked up for Morning Musume in Google. It resuled in me joining an IRC MM chat to download lots and lots of their stuff. I discovered Love Machine and RR21, and all Morning Musume life. When Do it! Now PV came around, I told myself "You must love these girls" and I did. I started supporting (buying) them and also PucchiMoni stuff. Life was perfect. I quickly learnt about Maki's graduation for that summer. A big pity. I have that concert, it is very nostalgic, indeed.

Since that day I'm Morning Musume addicted. MiniMoni never catch my attention, even I liked their songs. Same for Tanpopo. On the other hand, PucchiMoni represented all my fan life. A fan life that went to the hell when the group entered the hiatus. I was still loving MM, though. At that point I started to pay attention to other H!P acts, and, with the time, to other Jpop acts.

Fin.  :)

Jabronisaur

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 08:03:09 PM »
I always get misty eyed and nostalgic watching Tanpop-otome pasta and I Wish. I wish was my line-up. That was the golden age of MM in my opinion. When they did tons of CMs..including my favorite: the honda CM where Kaori beats up Mari...ahh...brings a tear to my eye.........excuse me ....

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 02:01:13 AM »
The greatest nostalgic moment was seeing 19nin Love Machine on koukau. It was like all the years of my fandom piled up in that single performance.

Actually I have a sense of nostalgia just about everytime I see or hear something from like 2 years or more.

But there are times like when I hear I Wish, RR21, or The Peace that I'm reminded of those days.

Offline teth

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 06:31:25 AM »
I'm nostalgic for anything before 2001...like how Kaori did "Seinaru kane ga..." in the Elders Club concert. I would LOVE to see that.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 08:00:27 AM »
I'd say their "Love Machine" performance at the 56th Kouhaku.
Think i repeatedly watched that on tape for a very very long time...  :D

Maki joining really boosted the group.
Pucchi Moni was pretty successful. And the group's music went from 'safe' to... 'idol' straight after that  :oops:

Look up the history to refresh any memories:
http://www.jpop.com/mambo/content/view/133/2

Offline tamm

• °C-ute project!
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 11:20:02 AM »
The greatest nostalgic moment was seeing 19nin Love Machine on koukau too. :D

That made me feel so warm.
When I was watching that suddenly my tears dropped.
I don't know why? but only thing I knew is Momosu's back !!  :w00t:

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 05:25:11 PM »
The first MM song I've ever heard and the first PV I've ever watched was Love Machine. The first song I liked was Do it! Now. But I don't feel nostalgic at all when I hear these songs...don't know why.

Nostalgic songs for me are I Wish, Tsuugaku Ressha...those songs that make me think of the 4th gen.

Offline arie

• Old Fapper
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 07:18:03 PM »
Just watched some old utabans. [2xminimoni/balloon episode]

Great episodes fun to watch and very nostalgic.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 07:40:31 PM »
I think right now, if I watched a PV like Do It Now, I'd feel very nostalgic because of Konno. I shall see what happens when I get back on my own comp. :lol:

Offline ayou099

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 11:53:55 PM »
THe stuff from 2000 - to about 2002, when i first got into h!p. So many things were happening, such as the 4th gen, Ayaya and her ultra poppy, old school idol like music etc. The 2002 summer concert was really really awesome. The best h!p songs were from that era (e.g momoiro no kataomoi, rr21, happy summer wedding, mini moni stuff, tanpopo stuff, all the sub units etc). The best hello morning episodes (because we had the best entertainers in H!P history in all the episodes). The way i would get annoyed when ever i saw Kei............................Man i could just go on and on. Those were the days

チャミいしかわでした、グッチャ~

"人間て悲しいね" Ishikawa R, バスが来るまで  2002

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 08:39:28 AM »
Nostalga is:

-- Concerts with live bands, circa early 1999!

-- Gocchin with blonde hair

-- Skinny Nacchi doin' the sexy hip sway in "Summer Night Town"

-- PVs shot outdoors on location

-- A group with less than 10 members.  We're living it now!!!

-- 8cm CD singles.

-- Life before "Dance Man."

-- Ishiguro Ayappe

-- Number One on Oricon

-- The FC single collection, circa 2001.

-- Downloads from the old "Maki's World" website.

-- Nakazawa singing "enka" songs.

And the adventure continues...

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 08:55:42 AM »
Tired/lazy, so I'll just write a short list.

-That Koukaku LM perf
-Yuuko's Karasu no Nyoubou -- HPH live version
-Yuuko's gard concert
-Namida ga Whateverthehellitis
-Do It Now PV (first HPPV I ever saw)
-Any 5th gen-era momusu stuff (Konno :cry:)
-Kaori's songs (European and FULL OF MEANING)
-Yuuko's Yuuwaku
-Def Diva
-Morning Coffee
-Heck, any of Yuuko's old songs
-Nakazawa Yuuko
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 03:51:17 PM »
Sakuragumi concert, AiXAi duo :heart:

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 08:57:17 PM »
Thanks to this http://youtube.com/watch?v=h-K9DUs6Mg0  now everytime I listen to "Never Forget", all I can think is Konkon and Mako-chan  :(

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 09:30:47 PM »
I got into Morning Musume/H!P around when Rika graduated. It was a sort of busy and messy time for MM (7th gen auditions, Rika graduation, Mari quitting..) everything then just flew by me and I found it easier to follow past events. So even though I got into H!P pretty late, the things that make me feel nostalgic are the very first and early ASAYAN shows featuring MM.

I also love watching the 2000 Shuffle group shows, so much fun. I never get tired of re-watching those clips @_@; That and the "crap-girl"-test thing :D Aww~ nostalgia! XD;

Offline theend2080

• eri-sama oshioki kibonnu!
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 04:44:53 AM »
I got into momusu mid 2005, totally confused by how the whole graduation/audition system works. I was wondering why I didnt see Aichan in the Peace pv. Everytime i watch the Go Girl! pv (first momusu song I watched on YT) I remember how cute i thought every member was (especially Risa and Aichan) I got more and more into getting TV shows (especially Utaban). The few episodes I'll never get tired of is probably the Utaban w/ Otome/Sakura Gumi and the H!P All Stars ep. Ahhhh good times good times

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [Discussion] Your nostalgic H!P songs, concerts etc.?
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 12:11:49 PM »
BUMP

Anyone got any new stories? >_>

For me some old H!P Egg stuff has become nostalgic since I've been into Eggs for a few years now, lol.

For example, one of the first gigs that Eggs had was backdancing at an Ami Tokito concert. I got one copy of the concert, but it didn't have the singing performance by Kanami Morozuka and Saki Mori. Much much later (like a year or more) I finally saw the performance on youtube, and got a bit of tears in my eyes because I never thought I'd actually get to see it haha. I had given up on it... But yeah. :lol:

I haven't watched a lot of old stuff recently though, so it's hard to say which ones would be most nostalgic...

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Discussion] Your nostalgic H!P songs, concerts etc.?
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 12:11:14 AM »
I recently rewatched Aruiteru which was my first Momusu single - it definitely made me nostalgic. I missed Yossie and Mikitty being in Momusu at that moment.

My nostalgic concert would have to be Miuna and Asami's graduation concert - the Sakuragumi/Otomegumi performances, GAM, Ayaya, etc....I miss it all.

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Promise