JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - HaruKari Michi~19 no Yoru~

Author Topic: The Survivor thread  (Read 11805 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
The Survivor thread
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:55:05 PM »
Survivor discussion is OPEN!! (Finally, after 16 seasons!)

It's off-season now, but we can discuss the new season, Survivor Gabon, once it starts airing. :D

Let's chat about past seasons first!!

Some questions to start with:

Have you watched/do you watch Survivor? For how long?

What were your favourite seasons? What did you like about them?

Do you have any favourite survivors? Who and why?

If given a chance, would you take part in Survivor? :lol:

I guess there's more, but I'm lazy. :P I'll reply a bit later...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Survivor thread
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 04:42:49 PM »
DAYUM! I'm not going to reply to all at once, because then I'd just have one long reply instead of several shorter ones.  :squirrel:

I've been watching Survivor since the 2nd season, Australia, was aired here in Finland; it was the first season they aired here and Borneo was aired later on another channel. But I haven't watched every season - I was a "casual viewer" for a looong time and got tired of Survivor at one point. As a result I totally missed Amazon when it was aired here, and stopped watching Exile Island/Panama because the other tribe in it was so boring. lol Those are the only seasons I haven't seen yet, but I'll watch them eventually...

I've got several favourite seasons... The first two just because they were so good that they made me want to keep watching the show. I also liked the All Stars season because it drew me back to watching the show; I wanted to see the familiar faces again (me and my bro loved Shii Ann especially). I think this was also when I first started discussing the show with tama-chan, and gradually became a less casual, more dedicated fan :lol: Thanks a lot, tama.

My other favourites are Pearl Islands (blindsides, big personalities & likeable winner), and the two most recent ones, China and Micronesia. They were entertaining with deserving winners :3

And I shall think about the rest later...

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »
Yay more postwhore thread!

Have you watched/do you watch Survivor? For how long? Started since season 2 (Outback). have watched all but Marquesas (the only season that wasn't aired here).

What were your favourite seasons? What did you like about them? Amazon. It was just at the peak in every aspect.

Do you have any favourite survivors? Who and why? I like OTT characters, I guess. Bitchy ones, not annoying ones. Except for, like, Amber and Yul <3 .

If given a chance, would you take part in Survivor? No. I'd die.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »
I've only watched 2 or 3 seasons of survivor, my favorite one is the one with the big bearded guy (rupert?). it's my favorite I think because it's the first season I've watched, so everything's new and exciting ^_^.

and If given a chance, I would actually like to take part... however I'm totally disgusted of fish so that would be a problem, I'd starve... and freak out everytime there's a water-based challenge, haha.

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline walking_wounded`

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 09:29:44 PM »
YAY Survivor!!!!

Have you watched/do you watch Survivor? For how long? Since season 1 my art teacher was telling us about this new show she wanted to see duriing class so I decided to check it out and I've been hooked since.

What were your favourite seasons? What did you like about them? The last season was my favorite so many people got screwed over and i just laughed.

Do you have any favourite survivors? Who and why? not really

If given a chance, would you take part in Survivor? HELLZ YA!!! I'd be in that group where we'd all team up and pick people off one by one, the towards the merge we would still stick together then when it got close to the end we would all turn on each other.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 12:39:23 AM »
bout time there was a thread for it! :lol:

i actually started watching it since the very beginning..so I watched every season(but not every episode)

I kinda liked the China one..it had so much to see if I ever got a chance to..

would I do one? heck no..I'd be dead or voted off on the first Tribal Council :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 06:03:26 AM »
Started watching with the first season. Haven't really followed it seriously since Cook Islands (Season 13) when they started off with splitting the contestants up by using their ethnicities. Haven't seen any episodes at all from the last 2 seasons.

Easy, Survivor All-Stars because Rupert came back and even though he didn't necessarily last until the final two, he still won a million bucks because the fans knew he was just that awesome of a person. :rockon:

See above.

Gimme the million beforehand, and put me in the tribe with all the cute girls, and I'll think about it. :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »
I used to watch the Swedish version alot when it was hot a couple of years back. Did have little thing for it a while back, but it wasn't until recently (6 months? i dont know) with shirenu's and tama's babble that I got back on and on the U.S version for sure.

Shit.. Don't know the names. But I did enjoy the one with Yul alot. And fans vs favs was obviously great. Trying to fill in the gaps in what seasons i missed but i should really start all over to make it less confuzzling.

Hmms. Yul was awesome, great competitor and somehow he made the game look easy. I did enjoy Erik alot aswell in Fans vs Favorites. Also PG is totally my type of girl. Can't but love her.

Hellz yeah. I love competitions like Survivor. I think I could do the social game aswell with some more studiung. And shit yo, tama would watch me on TV, that'd be worth everything.
[/url]

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 12:06:29 PM »
YAY REPLIES :w00t:

JFC, the last two seasons were back to the good stuff! :3 *recommends*

Yeeeesss I like remembering stuff so:
Australian Outback: Me and my bro liked Elisabeth and Rodger. They were like the unexpected friendship. Now Survivor is less about that... I think if I rewatched it, I'd like Jerri for being such a huge character
Borneo: Man, Colleen!!! I was so upset about her getting the boot that I wrote about it on my journal! :lol: She was totally my first huge Survivor favourite
Thailand: Both me and my bro loved Shii Ann. We even watched her audition tape on the website (which rocks btw, you can still watch it there) :D
All-Stars: I ain't gonna lie, I loved Romber (Rob + Amber)
Palau: Stephenie... Now after Guatemala I appreciate her less, but during Palau, she was this gorgeous strong female character, couldn't help but love her.
China: Omg COURTNEY! My favourite survivor ever. I love, love her sense of humour. Great one-liners. I love it how she was so weak physically, but made it till the end. :lol:
Micronesia: Parvati :heart: I secretly rooted for her during the entire season ufufuf. I like shameless characters and Parv was a shameless flirt. I also liked Eliza more than during Vanuatu, she's a legend :3 Cirie was love, too.

I think I'd like completely different survivors if I was to rewatch some of the older seasons... Now I appreciate entertaining personalities more than just plain likeable personalities. Like now I'd probably find Elisabeth & Rodger boring.

Special mentions:
After reading her posts in the Survivor Sucks forum, I've come to like Kathy (Micronesia) more than I liked her during her season. :lol: She's just so funny.
Also, I don't like Ozzy's personality that much, but watching him in challenges is like... magical HAHA. Physically, an amazing guy.

If given a chance, would you take part in Survivor?
Ok like, if someone seriously offered me it, I wouldn't be able to turn it down (I mean what are the chances??). But I would never try to go for it myself :lol: I'm physically as weak or weaker than Courtney, poor swimmer, poor at social situations - I'd be a very very easy first boot. Like no brainer. All the strategy in the world couldn't save me. So no, I wouldn't go through all the trouble just for that. keke

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 07:31:19 AM »
Something just popped into my head as I was watching wrestling (trust me, it links to this).

Remember "Johnny Fairplay" (it was his self-given nickname, can't remember what his real last name is)? Don't remember the season he was on, though I think it was sometime around the "All-Stars" season (either just before or just after). Anyway, HE was the curly, blond-haired schemer who came up with that "my grandmother died" scheme with his friend during the "loved-ones visit challenge." Just gotta say that I absolutely LOVED when he did that! Not only was it ballsy, but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE totally bought it!
:wahaha:

ps, Johnny made it known on the show that he's a major pro-wrestling fan, hence my opening statement in this post. :P

EDIT: fixed the name, thanks Sev. :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:07:52 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 04:13:20 PM »
*Fairplay ;)

I don't know. I kinda hate love him. He's such a fucking jerk but at the same time you just gotta laugh and love him. What happened in fans vs favs was weird tho. I didn't really buy it since it was fairplay but whatever.
[/url]

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 04:51:21 PM »
GRAHHHH!!! FAIRPLAY  :tama-mad:

I think he only went to Micronesia to kind of "clear his image". He was having a kid so I guess it wouldn't have been nice to be remembered as "the most hated Survivor". So instead he did the whole "wahh I'm having a kid, I must go home :wub: I am a good man now and I'm gonna be a good father " thing...

...Of course that wouldn't explain why he and Michelle run around in various shows talking about how they've had 3-some while Michelle was pregnant.  :roll:

Offline whiteleppard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »
So far this new season is pretty cool.  No johnny Fareplay on this season was a total letdown.  At least Rupert came back, though he doesn't seem to be doing well so far.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »
OMG SURVIVOR THREAD GOT BUMPED XD XD XD

I'm totally on the Villain tribe's side!! They're hilarious (whereas Heroes tribe is like zzzzz)

COURTNEY my most favourite bitch ever :wub: :heart: So cute & cruel :wub: Though I doubt she'll make it very far this time...
I still believe in Parvati's strategy skills :heart:
Sandra is telling it like it is & cracking me up at the same time :heart:
Boston Rob is still fucking epic :heart:

The people who sent me raging and actually made me stop watching their respective seasons after a few eps, Russell & Coach, haven't been annoying me too much this time around, so I'm even fine with them being there.

The only people I like on the Heroes tribe is Cirie, with a maybe on Amanda, so I've been happy that they lost the first 2 immunity challenges. I'm so happy that StepheMe is gone XD She was awful in Guatemala and hasn't learned anything from it. And how stupid was Tom to reveal their alliance at the tribal council (even if everyone already knew). Does he really think that these gamers are just going to hand the win over to him? His ego is the size of a mountain. He's worse than Rupert and that's saying a lot. LOL

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 10:26:11 AM »
O.M.G. THE LATEST EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!!!

I love Boston Rob but his alliance getting pwned was just BEAUTIFUL TT____TT It was like.. THAT'S how you play Survivor, DAMN!!

I hated Russell before this season started and even some time after, but his alliance with Parvati is making me like him XD I realized that Parvati is my ultimate favourite survivor when I saw that Courtney was going to write her name down, and I was like noooooo (I love Courtney as well because she's hilarious, too bad they're not allied here). But it all turned out well in the end so :D

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 02:02:26 PM »
It was really entertaining to see how Rob's alliance crumbled this season. He had numbers, their trust, and even played as a good guy.
Russell really needed to make a lot of chancy moves to go right to take him out.

And for the latest episode, I had to rewind the credits in the end and check Russell's vote a few times. eh?!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »
^ I think either Russell's change of mind (about voting Courtney anyway) came too late and that's why the rest of his alliance except Jerri voted Coach. OR Russell voted the way he did to get a point from Coach in the jury ("I didn't vote you, I voted for the weak one"). He even fricking signed his vote so it'd be obvious it was his. Cunning bastard, lol.

Courtney was so amazing in tribal council!! I even watched it more than once. Jeff was trying to smoke her for some bullshit reason, but Courtney totally logically pwned him. "Thank you, Jeffrey~" He was blaming HER for Rob and Tyson getting voted off, when Courtney didn't write their names down, what the fuck. And I loved her line about being a determined little bitch :heart: :lol: And the fist bump between Courtney and Sandra... Love those two bitchez even if they suck at challenges. ROFL

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »
^darn, you're right. It must've been a jury favor vote. that sly... evil... person. :lol:

Offline sanzoku

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 06:00:43 PM »
I hadn't  watched in a few seasons but for some reason I decided to give it a try this season and I'm really liking it! The villain tribal councils are so intense. Except they're voting off all of their strongest players. I can't wait for the merge. Hopefully Courtney and Sandra make it, they're hilarious. Like shirenu said, I loved it when Courtney pwned Jeff at council.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 08:59:03 PM »
OH

MY

GOD.

THE LATEST EPISODE WAS TOO FUCKING HILARIOUS. HAHAHAHA

THE READING OF THE LETTER, SO DELICIOUS ROFL

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - HaruKari Michi~19 no Yoru~