JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Cleansing Cream

Author Topic: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)  (Read 30866 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2009, 07:52:30 AM »
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Will Be Longer in IMAX!

"Haters beware." That's how Michael Bay signs off in the latest update on his official blog. Bay posted one last update before heading off to the premiere of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in Japan and mentioned a few interesting things. Not only does he confirm that there are a total of 42 different robots in this movie, but that it's just barely getting finish because of the attention to detail all of the animators are putting in. He also mentions that the IMAX version of the movie will be "slightly longer" with "more robot fighting." Now you know exactly where you'll have to see this in theaters starting on June 24th - in IMAX!

"What you will notice that is strikingly different than Transformers 1, is the level of animation detail. The robot characters (42 in all), you really can feel empathy for them. What is also very different is the sheer scale of the movie. We have been very tight holding back much of the best imagery in commercials and trailers." Thank goodness! I love when they really hold back on the best stuff so that we can experience it all in theaters for the very first time. This movie has already been sold to audiences, it's going to be a huge hit (probably the biggest of the summer), so he doesn't need to put any of those scenes out there to sell anyone.

"The way to see this movie is on IMAX. Never before has there been 4k rendered character animation shot on full IMAX 70 mm film. This is a first and the results are stunning. You will see Optimus Prime in a few shots where he is actually perfectly to scale on the IMAX 50 foot tall screens." Whoa! He adds: "Four scenes were shot on IMAX cameras so the screen will fill the full IMAX screen for these scenes." I really can't wait, this is unquestionably the one movie I'm looking forward to the most this summer, and just like with The Dark Knight in IMAX, I have some incredibly high expectations for it that I expect it to surpass with ease.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/06/07/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-will-be-longer-in-imax/

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2009, 01:56:20 AM »
Anyone who owns the Blu-ray of Transformers 1, there are now three clips from Revenge of the Fallen under the BD-Live section of Extras on Disc 1. If you don't mind seeing some scenes, take a look. The new clip, "We're gonna die", is pretty damn sweet.

JUST A WEEK LEFT!  O0

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2009, 03:18:03 PM »
Michael Bay Presents: Transformers 2 Facts and Figures!

Only 7 days to go! Michael Bay has posted a fun little update on his own blog with facts and figures from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. What does this mean? Well, read on and find out! Essentially, he lists facts and figures regarding the technical or digital side, including how much diskspace was required to store everything at ILM or how long it took to render certain frames of the movie. Not only is it crazy just to see how much bigger and better they made this movie, but it sheds some light onto how incredible ILM is. Keep on reading for some of my favorite facts and figures or head over to MichaelBay.com for lots more!

Robots:
» 14 robots last time, 46 robots this time (ILM only).
» Devastator’s hand is traveling 390 miles per hour when he punches the pyramid.
» All robot parts laid out end to end would stretch from one side of California to the other, about 180 miles.

Disk space:
» TF1 took 20 Terabytes of disk space. TF2 took 145 Terabytes. Seven times bigger!
» 145 terabytes would fill 35,000 DVDs. Stacked one on top of the other without storage cases, they would be 145 feet tall.

Rendering times:
» If you rendered the entire movie on a modern home PC, you would have had to start the renders 16,000 years ago (when cave paintings like the Hall of Bulls were being made) to finish for this year’s premiere!
» A single IMAX shot in the movie (df250) would have taken almost 3 years to render on a top of the line home PC running nonstop.
» IMAX frame render times: As high as 72 hours per frame!

IMAX:
» Optimus Prime will be life size on IMAX screens in many forest fight shots.
» IMAX frames take about 6 times longer than anamorphic to render.

Devastator:
» Devastator is as tall as a 10 story building.
» Devastator has more than 10 times the number of individual parts found in an average car.

Don't forget that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has at least three full scenes shot in IMAX! Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is again directed by action film superstar Michael Bay of Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, The Island, and Transformers previously. The story and screenplay for the sequel was written by Transformers writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci as well as Ehren Kruger (The Ring, The Brothers Grimm, Blood and Chocolate). Paramount is unleashing Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in both IMAX and regular theaters on June 24th this summer.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/06/17/michael-bay-presents-transformers-2-facts-and-figures/

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2009, 03:48:38 PM »
It is out today in the UK but I don't have the time to see it.  :banghead: I will  have to wait until next week before I get to see it.  :banghead:

Offline pottipot

• Member+
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »
^Also here in Japan. So before I start studying for my exams next week, I decided to watch it today, with my father.  :grin:

One word for the movie: soawesomethatiwaswatchingitwithmymouthhangingopenanddidntcaretouchmydrinkoreventolookatthetime

XD My head is still full of the movie. Feels like every car/objects around me might transform and start fighting and blew up everything around me. LOL. Ok, I really need to stop now before my head completely starts to malfunction.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2009, 10:33:18 PM »
Just came back watching the movie. My initial thoughts:

Kickass Prime  :twothumbs
Stupid jokes :smhid
Two retard Jar-Jar transformers  :angry:
Megan Fox  :heart: :jerk:
coot is ctz

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2009, 03:10:01 AM »
I just got back from seeing it, I have some VERY mixed feelings. I'll try not to induce any MAJOR spoilers. If I do, I'll black them out.

The pros:
-The action was AMAZING and ultra intense. The robot action is 500 times more awesome in this movie.
-We don't have to wait a fucking hour for the Autobots and Decepticons to show up.
-The main storyline was VERY cool.
-Frank Welker as Soundwave was nostalgic beyond belief. He didn't have the harmonizer on his voice, but he was clearly doing Soundwave.
-[bgcolor=#000000]Matrix of leadership FOR THE WIN.[/bgcolor]
-[bgcolor=#000000]Jetfire sacrificing himself to give Optimus Prime a major power up was pretty awesome. He was a pretty funny, onery old bot.[/bgcolor]

The cons:
-They still didn't really flesh out hardly any of the robot characters except for Mudflap and Skids.
-The side story stuff(Sam and Mikaela fighting, college, parents, etc.) was terrible. The movie went into these boring luls of teenage dramarama and the excessive use of sexual humor was a nice touch for hormone-driven teenagers but leaves those with an IQ above 15 quite bored.
-We barely got to meet a LOOOOOOT of the new characters.  [bgcolor=#000000]Some were literally dead in the first ten minutes, and others like Arcee barely got any screen time. Hell, Ironhide barely got to speak and we heard Ratchet once![/bgcolor] What we did get to see was awesome so it was disappointing to see several characters shunned.

Despite the cons, the movie was AWESOME to watch and I'm really looking forward to seeing it again. I'll keep my opinions on the theater 'experience' to the frustration thread, but I had a lot of fun watching this one.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:05:58 AM by Datalanche »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2009, 03:38:14 AM »
The movie definitely gots the action, but here's a something that might actually be overlooked if you don't catch it the first time around.

Count how many Constructicons are REALLY in the movie?

I was surprised when I saw that, and its actually easy to see.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2009, 04:50:57 AM »
Watched it a few days back. I enjoyed it as much as the first one, despite the flaws being pointed out in some reviews. Don't go there with too many expectations, just sit back and enjoy dammit :lol:

OPs battle with the 3 'Cons was something. And 2 of those weren't just cannon fodder 'Cons but Megatron and Starscream.

Watch out for Devastator's balls.  And Simmons' ass. :lol:

BTW, here are the blog sites of Sam's roommate and Simmons':

http://www.therealeffingdeal.com/blog/

http://www.gianteffingrobots.com/

Fuel the jet!

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »
I saw the movie today and here's my review:

AWESOME.

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2009, 08:14:10 AM »
I saw it the other day and I really enjoyed it. I'm going to watch it again when it comes out on Blu-ray

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2009, 02:48:50 PM »
Saw it yesterday and I thought it was medicore at best. It felt long and towards the end I was a bit bored.
I think I like the first one better (though I haven't seen it since I watched it in cinema when it came out)

Offline vroom87

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2009, 08:23:29 PM »
i thought it was pretty good. The storyline/plot was weak, but the action scenes were just awesome! enough to keep me entertained thru the whole movie

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2009, 10:24:48 PM »
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/revenge-of-the-fallen-worst-reviewed-400-million-hit-ever-168036/

Revenge of the Fallen: Worst-reviewed $400 million hit ever

After just five days, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is halfway to $400 million domestically, a box-office milestone only eight other movies have reached. If it climbs that high, the "Transformers" sequel will be by far the worst-reviewed movie ever to make the $400 million club. Critics and mainstream crowds often disagree, but "Revenge of the Fallen" sets a new standard for the gulf between what reviewers and mass audiences like.

According to Paramount's exit polls, 91 percent of the audience thought the sequel was as good as or better than the first "Transformers," which received far better reviews.

Most of Hollywood's all-time biggest hits are accompanied by either good or at least passable reviews, and some can be among the year's most-acclaimed, such as this year's "Up" and "Star Trek" and last year's "The Dark Knight," "WALL-E" and "Iron Man."

Not so for the new "Transformers." On Rottentomatoes.com, a Web site that compiles critics' opinions, the sequel had only 38 positive reviews out of 187, a lowly 20 percent rating usually reserved for box-office duds.

Movie critics these days are so fucking gay. If it's not some artsy-fartsy, issue tackling tale, it gets nothing but bashing. Maybe they are just mad no one gives a flying fuck about critics anymore. :)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2009, 12:13:12 AM »
Movie critics these days are so fucking gay. If it's not some artsy-fartsy, issue tackling tale, it gets nothing but bashing. Maybe they are just mad no one gives a flying fuck about critics anymore. :)
More like they've all got their heads so far up their own asses that they've got no clue that no one else gives a flying fuck about them. :yep:

Can't help but wonder though if these critics can even just "watch" a movie now for the sheer enjoyment of it (instead of picking it to bits).
[/OT]

Anyways, saw it a couple of days ago.  I really would have liked if there had been a bit more attention given to who the new bots were. The ones I figured out were barely in the flick and I just couldn't remember the names of those 2 "twin bots" that did end up getting a lot of screen time. All in all, I didn't hate this movie, but I liked the first one better. Even for a Michael Bay film, this one was too much (IMO) about blowing shit up (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).  The plot/storyline was way too simplistic, IMO, and could have been done way better overall had certain unnecessary subplots been dropped. Too many side stories made it impossible for them to really get a good thing going that could've really brought the whole movie together.

In the end, I'd have to say this movie is one for pure "escapism".  Bay does what he does best here, which is show us shit blowing up.  Watch it for that, and only that. Look/hope for anything more than eye candy, and you'll probably be disappointed.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:15:27 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2009, 12:29:52 AM »
I went into the movie didnt expect much. But the only scene that bugged me the most was the decepticon robot that turned into human and what not.

And also, NOT ENOUGH IRONHIDE!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2009, 12:38:58 AM »
I went into the movie didnt expect much. But the only scene that bugged me the most was the decepticon robot that turned into human and what not.
I saw that scene and immediately thought to myself "WTF, she's a Cylon!"
:mon sweat:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2009, 07:40:51 PM »
Me throughout the entire movie:

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2009, 06:58:40 AM »
SO MUCH MORE THAT ONLY MEGAN FOX

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 01:33:07 PM »
I had a blast watching this movie. Pure entertainment.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Cleansing Cream