JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Don`t Know What To Do

Author Topic: [NEWS] Mano Erina @ Club Nokia Los Angeles July 1, 2010 WORLD PREMIERE MOVIE  (Read 29200 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

we need a list, who's going? I hate to be the only one seeing her :(

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
^ nah, i seen a ton of lurkers from other sites. I'm sure there's gonna be plenty of representation from H!P fans all over. 8D that's nice, but we got the BIGGEST PIMPS from :jphip: there. Have FUN GUYS!! Tell manoeri all about :hipheart: and that daigong, shura, wordsworth said "WE LOVE MANOBUM!"

MANOERI!! FEELiNG YOU!!!

at an event 真野恵里菜 画像@2010.06.24<『怪談新耳袋 怪奇』出発式>

Looks like a preview!? of things to come next week!!

source: http://www.barks.jp/feature/?id=1000062162

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Whoever does follows ManoEri on Twitter there is another contest

http://filesocial.com/9wnydtu

In 140 characters or less, tweet about how j-idol Mano Erina has changed your life all the important info is in the link and submissions are due on the 28th before 11:59 P.M. pacific time
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
SCHEDULES OUT!!!

http://club2themax.com/download/MAX%20Schedule%20Public.pdf

10:30 AM: Erina Mano red carpet event

11:30 AM: Doors open for seating

12:00-2:00 PM: Kai-ki/mini-concert/Q&A/autograph session

there will be a 45 minute break between first and second sessions

2:45 PM: Doors open

3:00 PM: Second session

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Okay, I've been thinking it over, and upon coming across some forgotten money that I had lying around I'm throwing my name in at the last minute as a MAYBE for this thing. But I'm wondering, which showing is everyone going to? What's gonna be the plan for the day of the event, or even after the event?

I'm aiming to book a place for three nights (arrive Wednesday night, head back home on Saturday), so I'm curious if anything else will be going on with fellow HiPstaz on Thursday night or Friday.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
AWESOME JTRI. the more bodies, the better. No idea what peeps are gonna do, but that's how HiPstaz roll. Whatever comes to mind, it's all about good eats and drinks. I'll give u a number to call if u need it 8)

And yo! I'm depending on y'all to get us a personalized autograph "To JPHiP.com" from Manoeri :jphip:

HAVE FUN HiPSTAZ!!

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
But I'm wondering, which showing is everyone going to? What's gonna be the plan for the day of the event, or even after the event?

Just a note that her afternoon session (1st showing) doesn't conflict with the AKB48 concert (from 4p to 6p) if that's a concern for you.
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
MANOLA!!

L.A.到着!!日本は夜中だけど、こっちはお昼の12時 半すぎです♪( ´▽`) #manoerina
http://twitter.com/erina_mano/status/17436667215

anyone hit the airports? I gotta check 2ch

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
I'M GOING TO L.A.!!!

I've been wishy-washy about whether to go or not, but I've decided to just go and check it out. I'm gonna have to get a ticket at the door, though, since online sales are apparently closed. :banghead:

PM me some phone numbers so we can get together! Or maybe I'll try to send some messages myself when I get to my hotel.
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

L.A.の朝はいつもかなり曇るみたい!踏み切り発見!!

https://twitter.com/erina_mano/status/17498778067 :cokecat:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Update from LA Live:

Just checked in, met up with CKD.
Right now just getting some breakfast and refreshment.

The line is really short right now, which is somewhat dissapointing.
Hope that won't be the case as we get closer to showtime!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Waiting in line right now, super tired from running back and forth for apparently no reason. :P Met up with Tenkei and Boykun, running ino them twice 'cause I didn't recognize them at first. :lol: Looking forward to an interesting show!
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
HELLZ YEAH Slack!! JTRI!! CKD!! Can't wait for the Manoeri Scoop! :jphip:

here's a pic from tenkei took from the Red carpet two hours ago via his facebook, posting here snsd fancam style:

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
OK, I just got home an hour ago, and I had to help my mom move a bunch of heavy stuff.  The house is being renovated and my computers are in storage for the duration.  Long story short, I am without a computer to use for properly composing my report and sharing my photos and video of the press conference until a day or two from now.

Still, I can give a recap from my phone until then.

I arrived at Club Nokia at around 9:40, when I checked in and talked a little bit with CKD and Linna2040.
We were led up to the club at around 10:30 by Chase Wang, where we waited patiently for Mano-chan, the creator of this horror series, the designers of her dresses, and the sponsor dude from Toyota to come out for a brief photo session on a patch of red carpet. Boykun and Tenkei arrived right before then to take some photos (like the one you see above), but had to leave pretty much immediately afterward.

After that was the press conference, which I was able to record on my digital camera. The angle isn't very good on my video, and it was made from a camera designed to do stills, but it's good enough to transcribe from once I get full use of my computer back.  Shirenu will be pleased that I got to ask her about Finland and, even though that was the only question I was able to ask.  Parts of this press conference will undoubtedly show up on YouTube in the next several days from some of the other reporters there.

After that, I went to the lobby area to buy pretty much one of everything from the Hello Store table set up there.  After that was the screening of the movie, which I will write up my review of later.

This was followed up by Mano-chan coming out onstage to sing and dance along to the song she sang for the ending credits.  Then was the Q&A, which consisted entirely of pre-written questions asked by the translator to Mano and the other people who showed up on the red carpet earlier.  She finished up with a solo performance of Sekai wa Summer party.

Then was the autograph session, which was strictly limited to 25 people, unfortunately. I didn't get her autograph made out to jphip.com, which was fail, but I was able to hand her jphip shirt to Chase to give to her.

Then the press (+ J-triumf, who i was able to sneak in) was led up to the VIP lounge, where I got to exchange a couple business cards and got more pics of Mano giving a TV interview. After which, she passed within arm's reach of me to the exit.  Soon after we were herded back out.

After that was walking around, taking my pic with te Chick Hearn statue, finally buying my Lakers championship gear, checking out the Hello Store booth at the AX exhibition hall with my friend's AX pass, and waiting around for the AKB concert to let out so I could hopefully meet up again with Boy, Ten, and CKD.  That didn't pan out, so I headed back for home.

All in all, a very satisfying day with a lot to talk about.  I'll try to get my full news-worthy write-up done with pictures and video as soon as I am able. Until then, stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:53:27 PM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Whateva the quality, or when u can write it up Slack!! FINLAND QUESTION!! YEAHBABY. :jphip:

BIG UPS!! MAN!! You did it, saw MANOERI in the flesh.

Missed ya in IRC cuz I was out drinkin but FUUCK am I proud of you, boyten and JTRI, CKD, Linna and all the peeps who showed Manoeri a good time in LA!

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Crazy limited autograph session, woah @_@; But awesome pimping, and yaaaaay for getting to ask a Finland question, hahahaha. That's so awesome! Looking forward to full report with pictures! :D

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
ok guys, finally got a little time to talk about the experience..

Met up with Slack upstairs and talked for a little bit. Sadly, I didn't see him since then. After getting inside, went to the Hello!Store desk and bought the Hello!Channel book before going inside. I have to say after going inside, it got really cold. Bad enough I was wearing shorts too XD. Anyhoo, enjoyed the movie, course some people talked a little during the film. Have to say the first one ended thirty minutes while the second one was at least fourty-five.

After the credits started playing, she came out singing her theme song to the movie. After it was over, they had the Q&A. One of the designers nearly tripped and fell on Erina.(poor Manoeri!) After that, she sang Suki Summer Party(think I got the name right, actually liking the song more now) During the song, she winked at me in the front row!

Then, the autograph session began. I had to say, I was counting heads ahead of me the whole time.(never mind I was there at 9:30 in the morning in line) Luckily, I was #22 and got the director's autograph first, even stamping it too. When I got to Mano, I didn't know what to say, much less getting JPH!P's siggy on there. I wanted to thank her for her music which made me feel better, but I couldn't say a word. I guess the cold air got to me. She gripped my hand in both of hers as she said "Bye Bye! before I left.

All in all, it was worth going to and it was a good day.

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Taking a break to recharge my phone, so I might as well post something now.

I arrived in the LA Live area around 10:40 AM, but before I got my ticket I found myself running back and forth to my car debating on whether to bring my sorely underused video camera (I ended up not taking it). That's pretty much what a lack of sleep will do to you. :nervous

Met boyten on the way up to the box office twice; first time I wasn't sure if it was them. Got my ticket, waited in line longer than expected. When I got in I bought myself a copy of the Hello Channel magazine in hopes that I'd get it signed. Went into the club and met with Slack and Linna. Eventually the show started, a few minutes behind schedule.

The movies were interesting to say the least. First movie was fairly straightforward and unintentionally funny at times; second movie was much slower-paced, and I found myself nodding off for a bit. Mano came out during the credits to sing the ending song, followed by the Q&A and "Sekai wa Summer Party", where the wotas got into full swing. :lol:

After getting shafted for autographs, Slack and I chilled in the VIP lounge for a bit, saw Mano give a short interview. Skipped on the second showing and went around the area for a few hours. We waited to catch up with boyten but they took longer than expected, and since I couldn't come up with any ideas for things to do (because of the lack of sleep) Slack went home while I stuck around for the rest of the night. I hoped to run into more H!P fans but they were very scarce; saw a group in Mano shirts running around but they were moving way too fast for me to stop them. Finally found someone to talk to before I left, and found out that everyone who attended the second showing were able to get autographs. :banghead:

Stuck around the place much longer than I should have, but again, lack of sleep meant not thinking straight.

Today I didn't feel like doing the same driving around bit that I did the last 2 times I was in LA, so I returned to the Convention Center area. After learning that buying a one day pass for AX would cost $40 I headed for Little Tokyo for lunch at Chin Ma Ya, which has become a must-visit for all my LA trips. Again I went back to the LA Live area, this time catching a bit of the Battle of the Bands in front of Nokia theater. Towards the end the segment's MC (who also happened to be a nerdcore hip hop MC) performed a few of his songs while the judges made their decisions...at this time everyone gathered around as a few people started up a dance battle, which I was fortunate to record on my video camera but regret not participating myself. :P So despite being nonexistent last year and unable to go inside this year, I did get a nice taste of AX. The convention atmosphere felt good to be in despite being alone most of the time and feeling not of sound mind yesterday and dehydrated today.

As for Mano, I always thought she was cute before but nothing much beyond that; seeing her in person raised her status for me. Looking forward to her next single and acting job now. Though what's funny is that I thought of spending day 2 of my trip in Santa Monica; just found out on Twitter that that's exactly where Mano went today. :panic:

Apologies to Slack for being a possible burden, to Tenkei for harrassing his phone, to CKD for totally forgetting to try to meet up or contact him. I wish I was more prepared and active out here, but I suppose it still beats sitting at home doing nothing in cold, foggy San Francisco. May the next H!P fan gathering come again soon!
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Fuck, I should've known that the first autograph session was that limited only because of time constraints.

Usually I'm super-patient, so it's another wasted autograph opportunity for me, I guess.  Man, I feel like such a dumbass.

Oh well, no time for regrets. I can't let hindsight ruin what was otherwise a pretty awesome day.

At times, I've felt like I was one of the only big Mano fans on the board. It's good to hear about your guys' positive experiences and I hope she could carve out a little place for herself in your hearts.  I guess I just want everyone to see just a little how personal an experience this all is for me.

If there's one thing that being an idol fan has taught me about life, it's that everyone has so many people to be thankful to, there's no time or need to be selfish and petty. The human condition can be a miserable, horrid thing, but it can be wonderful and full of beauty if you change your thinking a little bit. The existence of idols and what they must go though proves to me that the greatest calling in life is to try to make others happy.  All of us are capable of doing so to some extent, if not on the same level and scale as idols, the in our own unique ways.

I've said to some people that after last year's AX experience, I felt like I did when I has a crush in high school. This year's experience left me with a similar feeling, even though I didn't get an autograph.  Despite that, I realize just how much I owe to the people who made my trip possible and so unique, so being regretful for making such a small mistake would be disrespectful and greedy.  I hope that everyone reading this can be patient a little longer for my full write-up.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Don`t Know What To Do