JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hangry and Angry - Romantic ni Violence

Author Topic: [News] Reina Tanaka to graduate from Morning Musume in Spring 2013  (Read 21281 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
fanboys a tweeting.  http://realtime.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?fr=top_ga1_sa&ei=utf-8&p=%E3%82%8C%E3%81%84%E3%81%AA

@takahashiai 【緊急速報】11/18(本日)、モーニング娘。コンサートツアー2012秋~カラフルキャラクター~@中野サンプラザ、昼公演にて田中れいなが、モーニング娘。コンサートツアー2013春の最終公演をもって卒業を発表! #morningmusume #mm15th_cc

Props Chibs in IRC mentioning! official source to come?!?!??!

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:40:52 AM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [News] Reina Tanaka to graduate from Morning Musume in Spring 2013
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:29:26 AM »
damn.

saw it a mile away but still.  :/

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 07:39:21 AM »
Dammit...:(

Question now is...was the decision for her to graduate made before or after they came up with the idea of the band auditions?   Actually, it's been a while since we've heard any news about that too. :?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:44:38 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »
Geez now I have to go to the grad and I'm poor...guess I'll just fly there and back for the concert ~.~

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline mochi.rini

• lover of all TakaGaki and food :D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 07:43:36 AM »
^
^
Announced at today's Momusu Concert

Vocals :岡田万里奈 19 years old
Guitar : 宮沢茉凛 19 years old
GUitar : 魚住有希 21 years old
Reina band members are the following: Vocalist - Okada (19) 2 Guitarists - Miyazawa (19) and Uosumi (21)
https://twitter.com/konyaTKMR/status/270045376885686272

I believe the 2 guitarist are in the second picture that daigong posted :) I guess we should've all expected this once the band was announced ^^;
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
I support T a k a G a k i
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 07:52:34 AM »

I believe the 2 guitarist are in the second picture that daigong posted :) I guess we should've all expected this once the band was announced ^^;
Yeah, probably.

Come to think of it, when Sayu assumed leadership of the group, they never really officially advertised/promoted that Reina would be sub-leader, did they?  Could be that her graduation has been in the works for a while.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 07:57:58 AM »
Yeah I figured the band meant she was gonna graduate because it felt very much like Rika and V-U-Den (and technically Aibon and Nono with W). You know set her up with a group before she leaves so that when she leaves she already is established in a new thing.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 08:43:59 AM »
I also thought that her band was a clear indicator of Reina's imminent graduation.  Like you said, it's very much a Rika and v-u-den situation.  That said, I'm not sad about this at all. I'm actually kind of excited! Sure, Reina was good to have around to give 9th/10th gens an early role model for their performances, but now it feels like she's been holding them back. 

In fact, when all the OG members were like "The group doesn't have enough rivalry now.", I'd say Reina would be a major reason for that.  Even though I don't agree with their basic premise, that being as friendly as the members are with each other is a source of weakness, it's true that Reina's default position as one of the main faces of the group effectively locks out any of the other girls from getting a chance in the center.  Just her presence effectively kills the potential competition for her spot.

On the flip side, I'm excited to see what Reina and her band are going to do.  In particular, I hope that she gets her wish to perform "Saisatsu Butai" from the Stacies musical.  Just like with Rika and v-u-den, I expect some awesome things from her new group in the future.

TL;DR:
Reina's holding back the younger members and blocking the center, so it's about time she left. If you liked Rika in v-u-den, be happy Reina will get to do new and different things too.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
They havent even a bandname yet  :doh:
http://www.reinaband.com/

I'm not suprised that she will graduate next year, but now I have to save more money for this tour  :catglare:
But it was a shock this morning  :O

edit:
 official English translations of Reina & Tsunku's messages.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-announcement-concerning-reina-tanaka/441849139207342
Announcement concerning Reina Tanaka

First of all, thank you for your continued support for Morning Musume。.

Here is an announcement about Reina Tanaka.

Reina Tanaka has been a Morning Musume。 member for 9 years and 10 months since January 2003 and she will graduate from Morning Musume。 as well as from Hello! Project after the final live of the “Morning Musume。Concert Tour 2013 Spring Michishige☆Eleven SOUL ~Tanaka Reina Special Commemoration Graduation”.
We can easily say that she is one of the top three voices in the history of Morning Musume。and she will now be part of a band.
I thought it was a good timing for her to graduate since she will now continue her activities in this band.
Now that Reina became an adult, knowing better what she wants to do, her style, I think she can use her experience from Hello! Project for the band and her solo works.
Some years ago I have discussed with her about how the things will become after her graduation, and I am sure her competitive spirit will help her become an even more cool "Reina".
Everybody, please support "Reina Tanaka" as solo and also "Reina Tanaka" as the member of the band.
2012/11/18

Hello! Project's Producer

Tsunku♂

Reina Tanaka Official Comment

First thank you for your continued support.
It has been decided that, I, Reina Tanaka, will graduate from Morning Musume。、as well as from Hello! Project at the end of next spring’s tour!
I have announced my graduation today on the stage in front of the fans and I introduced as well the 3 members of the band, I will now take off to a new stage!
I have been a 6th generation member of Morning Musume。 for almost 10 years and this year the group is celebrating its 15th anniversary. I think this is a turning point, a challenge for me to try another music activity, with the start of this band.
There is around 6 months left until I will be a Morning Musume。 member, with the January Hello! Project lives in January and the next tour.
So please support the Reina Tanaka's member of Morning Musume。 which will sing in front of you and for my following activities as well!

2012/11/18

Morning Musume。

Reina Tanaka

Morning Musume spring tour (starts 3/16) http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20121116-00000333-oric-ent

http://netallica.yahoo.co.jp/news/20121118-00021472-crankin
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:07:50 AM by nimrod »
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 09:00:58 AM »
Knew this day was coming, but still sad to think Reina will be graduating.

Am looking forward to seeing her in a live band setting.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »
English translation of official statements courtesy of Up Front Link:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-announcement-concerning-reina-tanaka/441849139207342

Mixed feelings about this, a combo of "Graduation? NOOOO" and "It's about damn time" sentiments. :P But yeah, I'm shocked and not shocked at the same time: shocked because graduation announcements are always jarring and it's always sad to see someone leave the group...not shocked because I've been mentally preparing for this ever since Gaki left, with the new band and new haircut fuelling that preparation.

Nothing but respect for her and this decision. She's come a long way from being that dyed-haired girl who wanted to be a star so badly that she lied about her age to get a head start on joining the group, and almost got away with it too. After just about a decade of being co-lead and being at the forefront of representing the group, there really isn't much left for her to accomplish with Momusu other than a leadership role, which she seems a lot less suited for compared to Sayu (whose graduation would be a lot more devastating right now). And with all these new members popping up recently and becoming increasingly ready to carry the Morning Musume name on their own, it's only fitting that their long-time ace finally give them that room to breathe and grow.

田中さん、本当にありがとう!

And this sums up my feelings about certain possible reactions to this news:
Quote from: IRC
[22:42] <+DJ-AN0N> i dunno, i'd be pretty excited about a 6thgen-less mm, kind of a mental reboot
[22:42] <+Slack> I'm kinda excited about it tbh
[22:43] <+Slack> I'm kinda looking forward to seeing some of the older, more cynical fans leave lol
Yeah, Reina and her genuine fans will be missed, drama queens constantly declaring H!P "dead" won't. :P
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »
Reading the official statements, it seems unreal that she's been in MM for almost 10 years. To me it still feels like 6th gen joined "recently" XD  How time has flown by~ 

I'm not shocked at all by this graduation announcement. Guess I've finally been cured of that XD Momusu feels like a brand new group to me at this point, so Reina or Sayumi leaving won't surprise me.

Good luck and a prosperous future to her and her band!

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 10:28:58 AM »
Sad news. But on the other hand, I'm glad girls like her, Sayu, Ai-chan and Gaki stayed so long to help build this new-gen. They're all important members that have contributed a lot to the group. Anything that they've rubbed off on the new-gen from their experience will be gold.
I'm just a little surprised Sayu would be the last one standing. :lol: ...Honestly, Sayu has improved a lot though. :thumbup
It'll be pretty hard for me to get enough cash to catch the grad concerts, but crazier things have happened. I don't have my hopes up though...

Reina leaving really was a must for them to grow. She's just too strong a chara, and the group has relied on her as main vocal for such a long time.
I've been checking DVD magazines in the past few weeks, and the 9-10th gen girls really are an interesting and talented bunch. I still can't pick a favourite from them. But it'll be interesting to set them wild and seeing how this bunch turn out.

It's great to hear Reina's band-gig will actually happen. :oops:
It'll be a different Reina but I'll still support her. The band girls all look so much taller than her~~ :sweatdrop:

In the end, there really isn't much else to say. Just: "Thank You Reina!" :heart:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 12:13:15 PM »
Random thoughts:
- No big surprise. It totally makes sense and hopefully it'll open up some room for the new girls to shine.
- Still sorta sad because she's become one of the top members in MM's history.
- Glad she can instantly move on with a new project. Definitely excited about the band.
- Happy I got to see her perform once in my life

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 07:21:25 PM »
Congrats Reina! You have worked hard >___< ...Ooop I should only say that on her graduation day... Anyway, no matter how predictable it is, it's never a good way to start the day with a graduation announcement o-o
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 09:40:06 PM »
I've seen this coming for a while, but still the news pulled at my heart, being a Reina fan. She's worked very hard, and I hope she continues to succeed outside Morning Musume. :heart:

I love you, Reina!
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 10:53:43 PM »
yeah we all knew the graduation was coming but i didn't know that she was gonna totally leave h!p as well  :O2  6th gen has always been dearest to me  :wub: i know she'll do well in the future... :pleeease:

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 03:01:42 AM »

XD

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 04:12:53 AM »
^ LOL awww I like how all the members were totally chill during the announcement. They must have discussed it long beforehand. This also explains why on the 9th gen blog, both Zukki and Fukuchan were talking about how 9th gen had a phone conference about the future of Momusu just the other day XD that they as the next most senior members after the Rokkies had to step up their game to lead...I guess that was a sign already lol.

I'm happy for Reina that she is going to get to do what she likes. I hope she'll grow more as a musician and singer, and I'll be happy to support her in her band activities too! Ganbareina!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hangry and Angry - Romantic ni Violence