JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Angela Aki - Kokoro no Senshi

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread "Finally ... a wrestling thread HAS COME BACK TO JPH!P!!!"  (Read 346940 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
June 8, 2009
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Umaga as of today, June 8, 2009. WWE wishes Umaga the best in all future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/industrynews/10461846

WTF???  Methinks something pretty big must've happened (i.e. Umaga might have gotten "Kennedy'd" thanks to backstage complaining/politics). :O

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
^
I wouldn't be surprised if it was backstage politics, seeing that Umaga was hardly been seen on SD.
He'll probably head to TNA now, where other WWE retreads have gone to.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Reading on PWTorch, and finding out that Jeff Hardy got injured twice during his ladder match with Edge, and that Batista also has had another bicep injury, which will require surgery, just before last nights ppv.

So, having Punk cash in his MitB to win the title last night at least gives SD a champion until they decide on someone else to have it.
His new title reign just might be as short lived as his other one was. XD
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
^
Surgery for Batista again?

Well then, any bets on who'll he'll drop the belt to tonight? :P

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
oh, he won't..kinda wished that Batista punted Orton as an added incentive. :P

Hope Triple H comes back...great thing that Tommy Dreamer finally got the ECW title and CM Punk got his first major title :thumbup:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
^
Surgery for Batista again?

Well then, any bets on who'll he'll drop the belt to tonight? :P

Well, in answer to that, there's a title match on RAW tonight now, and after the opening of the show it does look like it's gonna be Orton again... unless there's a swerve that's gonna be thrown in.

And next week, RAW's gonna be 3 hrs long, with all 3 brands on deck, and all 3 champ titles on the line.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
there's a swerve that's gonna be thrown in.
Time to play da game. :rockon:

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
YES!!! The People's Game DELIVERS!!!

should have sledged Orton a few times too, added DX crotch chop was a very nice touch :thumbsup

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
LULZ...Trump. XD

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
RIP Mitsuharu Misawa, Japanese Legend

On June 13, 2009, Misawa teamed with Go Shiozaki against Akitoshi Saito and Bison Smith at Hiroshima Green Arena. After taking a belly to back suplex from Saito, Misawa lost consciousness and was taken to a hospital. He was pronounced dead in the hospital at 10:10 p.m. JST due to spinal damage

There are many youtube vids about this but this better illustrates what happened.

三沢光晴さんの死因は、頸髄離断と判明

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
I read about that. Super sad. And the guy he was wrestling must feel horrible...

RIP

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Spinal injury leading to death.  Benoit, now Misawa, have died as a consequence of wrestling in a style that I love.

I'm seriously thinking of not watching wrestling any more.  Don't think I can bare cheering for a style that in endangering the lives of such men.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE has released Candice Michelle.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Commercial free RAW tonight, and The Donald's gonna be in the house.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Seth Green is the special guest host for RAW on Monday.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
In the immortal words of Ron Simmons: DAMN!!

Just saw on the WWE site that next weeks special guest hosts for RAW are none other than ZZ Top's Dusty Hill and Billy Gibbons, the guitar greats themselves. :w00t: :rockon: :shakeit:

FUCK YEA!!!
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
^ umm..can I ask one question:

how do they even know who the guests are going to be on next week anyway? :P

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE/TNA News: Mick Foley describes his real disappointment with how he left WWE

By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

PWTorch.com

TNA wrestler Mick Foley makes it sound like his real disappointment with the end of his WWE career this time last year was WWE not offering him another position in the company besides color commentator. Foley says they didn't put forth much effort to prevent his contract from simply running out.

Foley's contract expired at the beginning of September, but WWE did not approach him to work in a separate division, such as WWE developmental or as an international marketing representative. They knew he was unhappy with color commentary on Smackdown, but didn't make the effort to keep him around, Foley says.

"At no time during those last two months did anyone ever approach me about working developmental or overseas marketing," Foley said on Between the Ropes radio last night.

Foley said he doesn't have much of a relationship with WWE right now. BTR co-host D-Lo Brown asked him what kind of terms he's on with WWE and Vince McMahon. "Who knows," Foley said matter-of-factly.

Foley added: "My last conversation with Vince (from 2008) was actually a very good talk. And then I heard he went later that day and pulled me from two video games," Foley said. "I really saw that as a flattering gesture. Two different people told me they got calls to enhance their contracts."

Foley might not have enjoyed the color commentary position on Smackdown with Vince McMahon in his ear shouting instructions, but he says one of the most enjoyable moments of the end of his WWE run was interacting with Edge building up to Edge's Summerslam match against The Undertaker.

"When I was in WWE and did the last thing in the ring with Edge, my last time in WWE was one of my best times," Foley said. "It had been really two years since I cut a real promo."
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Angela Aki - Kokoro no Senshi